EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Something Completely Different" Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Horrible place with primers, access at your own risk.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mirri-hatebears-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thread Question: What's your favorite board wipe?

FML

>tfw I can only play edh at most once per month

Rout.

child of alara, with this out

wipes for everyone

What did tappedout mean by this?

At this stage, pretty much nothing.

So, what should i do to the new wizards deck without emptying my bank account to make it a bit more... focuses on winning and a bit less of everything

Feed me staples

Sol Ring
Commander's Tower
Skullclamp
Reliquary Tower
etc

Token decks? lol

What do you guys think of this in a Sidisi, Brood Tyrant deck?

That you're an asshole but not self-secure enough to enjoy it.

>bought dragonlord dromoka for 5$ a while ago
>suddenly worth 25$

Well. Is she even good in edh?

Wow, that's pretty good.

Make sure you tell people you're playing with a Grave Order Matters deck.

>C17 on MTGO will be in treasure chests mid-November
>already had a 99 made up for Licia
Kill me now senpai.

In response I heroic intervention

docent of perfection

Tappedout's competitive scores are funny.

Where is this even showing up for you?

She's just good in general. Also there was a buyout, so take the new price tag with a grain of salt. Demand's gonna be high but her price will probably come down sooner or later.

It shows right below mana curve, but you have to do weird voodoo to make it show. Sometimes it just doesn't wanna. I found the sequence of Edit Deck and Save to force an update > Image Export and close it > Reload page typically conjured the dial.

Docent of Perfection
Trinket Mage, Treasure Mage, and/or Trophy Mage depending on the type of artifacts you want to run
Anathemancer to bomb someone out of nowhere
Dualcaster Mage
Profaner of the Dead (note that you can sac the copy to the trigger to bounce a bunch of things)
Ashnod's Altar for the Bloodline Necromancer combo
Paradox Engine because Wizards like to tap for effects

A bunch of instants and sorceries so that you can copy them/cast them from the yard with your other wizards:
Rapid Hybridization
Dramatic Reversal
Hero's Downfall
Swan Song
Counterspell

Some game winning big spells like
Blatant Thievery
Disrupt Decorum
In Garruk's Wake

For Vela, is it best to build up flicker effects or sac effects? Or both? Each leaves open the possibility of "when X enters the battlefield" or "when X dies" effects. For either case, any recommendations?

I'd say mostly flicker, but some sac would be worth it to include, especially when you get something you can loop or potentially infinite.

Opinions in her?

Golgari are spoiled for choice.

>and the gods cursed the two brothers for their greed
>and even as they were cast into the void they continued to fight for their fathers crown
>with SICKASS LION MAGIC

This one.

Decree of Pain or Sudden Spoiling
For noncreature Ruination or Shatterstorm

My favorite is this one.

It is phenominal.

She's alright as a friend but the moment you get her in bed things get weird.
A bit prudish but surprisingly worldly

I wish she didn't go infinite so easily. Adding the most obvious cards from Shadowmoor block just makes you win immediately.

She singlehandedly spiked Blowfly Infestation's price. Admittedly, only to 5 dollars since it is an uncommon, but still.

Do you like this?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mirri-hatebears-2/

Something you would change? Is a prototype but honestly seems preety fun

God damn, it seems everyone is just building a ninja deck with her. I really don't want to do that.

For Mairsil, which of these you think is the best option?

I got the Harpy already, but I want some more.

Gitgud dredge with $1100 mana base

That's because she was the head of the ninja Planechase deck. You can do whatever you want with it, but people don't have a better commander for Ninjas.

I'd do Devoid and Artifact creatures, if I were you.

Thalakos Scout. There's little jankier than Shadow.

Pat Sajak's Wild Wheel

Silas Renn UB Stax
Scout has the best chance of connecting if you actually end up needing to cast and beat face.

do people do anything with Vela or Sygg that isn't unblockable ninjas?

UB Sygg is basically babby Edric.

I've seen Sygg Merfolk but they have an islandwalk theme so it's the same general idea.

Yeah, I guess chumping shouldn't be the top priority for this.

I think I'm gonna go ahead with the energy subtheme. It'll keep my list focused. I just need some decent selfmill. Probably just Fact or Fiction variants.

So how exactly does it rate "competiveness"?

>bought wanderwine prophets earlier after that tolarian college video for $1
>hours later check the price again
>its now $20

my seller better not cancel my order I swear to God

I wanted to try all the effects that activate when a creature enters or leaves the field followed by flicker, pillowfort, and just wear them down. But that may not be so effective.

Should've paid your rent, Jace.

Pretty neat with Spy Kit.

Where's the option to see it anyway?

Sorry, user. We miscounted out stock and have to cancel your order. :^)

This is Karlov.
Following this for some absurd fucking reason did make it show up for me first try.

There'll be hell to pay if that "occurs"

I tried to research that and the devs have been kind of tight-lipped. The closest guess based on what they've said is that it's measuring the similarity between Your Deck, Decks Flagged As Competitive (Increasing score) and Decks Flagged as Casual (Reducing score). So a true "Rogue" deck would have a very low score as it wouldn't resemble flagged competitive decks. Similarly, anything that people do a lot in casual would get marked down even if the staples are just fine for competitive. (Or you know a casual deck with competitive staples but missing key synergy pieces might be marked far too high)

I use her to make my artifact creatures and eldrazi mostly unblockable, myself.

I'm inclined to believe it's something related to this, I flagged my Karlov list as competitive and that's the only way I can figure it would be that high. It has some tryhardy stuff in there but due to how Karlov works there is a ton of jank too so.

None of those, just use Aetherling and Harpy. If you must have a third option, I like Deepwood Ghoul/Skeleton Scavengers for the free regen.

/rant

I fucking hate the MtG financial community so goddamn much. c17 has triggered something in them that was dormat before, and they're ravenously trying to rip every possible tribal card they can think of from the market. Mana Echoes, Patriarch's Bidding, Urza's Incubator and more are being consumed and it's fucking over everyone wanting to get into this format. It's happening quite literally as you read this with Wanderwine Prophets. Who the fuck actually thinks attempting to play stock market with children's cardboard is a good idea for anyone?

damn that's spicy

just noticed this myself. apparently my krah deck i'm working on is terrible.

i hate how they used to word cards like this. but this is cool.

10 days ago the foil cost $2 and nonfoil was less than $1. The magic market is so retarded, there aren't THAT many people trying to play the Inalla combo and the price will have to come way back down. Speculators should kys.

>Mana Echoes
>Marath
YAMERROOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>Dragonlord Dromoka at $22
>Foil Dragonlord Dromoka at $24

The funny part was, I was wondering how much it was and saw it was $1 at that time, but I noticed everyone had a tacked-on shipping price of it for $3.

My speculator senses tingled at that point and secured my copy of one.

New Modern deck or something?

Legacy Nic Fit + dragon tribal deck wanting uncounterable fatties + people being fucking faggots and trying to screw over fellow players

>Nic Fit + players being faggots
Talk about redundant.

It's like autism incarnate watching people try to make an ACTUAL couple dollars like this. I mean seriously all the "profit" you make on that card is nothing in the face of working for McDonalds for a fucking hour.

play 5 color creature
btfo.

>pick up 10 Dragonlord Dromokas at $7 dollars each, flip them for $25 each
>do the same for Patron Wizard, buy at 6 sell at 30
>costs $130, make $550, subtract shipping, over a week of work at minimum wage for an hour of effort

UNBAN BALANCE for MAXIMUM FUN

>and just like that, U/G was dethroned by a single card

Like I said, autism incarnate.

And you can't guarantee that a nobody like you can move that product reliably, especially coming hot off the trails of a spec buyout that people aren't going to be as trusting about due to counterfeiters. Hope you've got a very high-rated eBay account or you're fucked beyond belief.

I already have those. But even with Buried Alive, Entomb and Corpse Connoisseur or whatever, I can't seem to reliably hit bounce. I mainly want more bounce to get more cage triggers, as Conjurer's is very removable.

Also, Mischievous Poltergeist, man.

I'm going with Scout.

>being this mad he didn't get with the program

>Have a couple of premiums like EXP Godless Shrine, Scalding Tarn and some Masterpieces & Invo's in some of my decks.
>Guy at "F"LGS always asks whether if the card in my literal deck is up for trade.
>Always flips them and will not trade for anything unless he's on the up.
>Literally does this with anyone that plays with Premium cards.
>Will take Premium cards out of people binders AND THEN ask if they are for trade.
>Some guy told him to fuck off, acted like he we was being victimised.
>Is a friend of the store's owner, who doesn't have the balls to tell him that he's actually hindering his business

I get where you're coming from.

>chain of vaporing your own board away while floating all of your mana from you rocks and lands to cast this then replay your hand and win

What does the F even stand for?

Friendly

Friendly.

Currently brewing a Ramos deck, looking to fill it with tons of three-color cards. What's the most efficient way to find/make a list of all cards with three colors?

kek

I figured this out the other day.

c:m -(c!wu or c!wb or c!wr or c!wg or c!ub or c!ur or c!ug or c!br or c!bg or c!rg)

This will get you everything with 3 colors or more.

Sauce on pic? Searched "rape and release program" and got government program stuff.

>replay the hand you discarded

Pardon my derp, where do I search for that? Gatherer? What field do I put that into?
Inb4 someone suggests deleting system 32

Oh, sorry. That syntax is for magiccards.info

magiccards.info/Scryfall

Lookup for the artist named China on sadpanda. Its on English and your search term is on the right track.

I had to pay $50 for the vampires deck because I live in thirldwordistan and we don't get this shit in Wal Mart.
Imagine living in a world where every store is run by a wannabe "investor" and everyone uses SCG as their price referential.

Ignorance is Bliss :^)

Man, fuck you. I hope everyone you ever care dies horribly and your pets get tortured by hobos. You're the cancer killing this game.

I feel you, fuck investors.

>everyone using SCG for price reference

You have my deepest sympathies, user.

Fair prices for trades or in-person cash transactions are 2/3 SCG.

I ironically tag my maximum jank and trash flavor decks as competitive

>check european market
>price: 0.50 £
>increase in the last week: 0.20 £

wew