“Passive” income thread~~

“Passive” income thread~~

I’m going to graduate from college next semester, but I don’t want to live in the states and be a wagecuck. My plan is to move to bangkok, but to live the good life I need to be making about 25-30k per year.

Other than trading crypto, Do any of you have experience with any “passive” income methods that fit the following criteria?

1. location independent (ie, work from computer)

2. Start up with none or minimal initial investment

3. Be able to Net about 25-30k per year (roughly 2.3k per month) after about a year of working on it

4. After about 3 years build it up to maybe be making 35-40k.

Any experience/ideas other than the proverbial “drop shipping” etc. I know I won’t be a millionaire in a few short years. I don’t expect that. I just want to be able to support myself in Bangkok after I graduate and then eventually build it up more.

im a cam girl and made a few hundred thousand from bitcoin donations in the past 5 years

link

Hey Matt, hope you had a good christmas.

most "passive" income isn't remotely passive. online trading of any kind is as close as it gets

1. yes
2. ~200 hours of programming development time
3. netting upwards of 400k a year
4. n/a

won't really answer questions, because I don't want competition in my market, doing that negatively impacts my niche

bump, interested as well. I work as a developer, but I've been putting time into building up a passive income portfolio.

I have bots trading on crypto, forex and stocks that need check up only about 1-2hrs a day.

Website ad revenue. I have web crawlers that pull articles from a set list of news sources for specific domains. Think of it like plebbit, but the links are generated by bots instead of users.

Android apps. I create shitty simple apps and put em out for a dollar each. The trick is to create a shit ton of these and market them in 'suite' packages.

Real estate works well too, its the most surest way to generate income since land value only rises, but its slow. If you have land you can think about investing in automated gardens (hydroponics/vertical/etc) to generate side cash rather than just leaving it be, although it takes up more time. Its fun though.

None of these make a lot alone, but put them together and it nets about 50k a year on average. I would like to hear other ideas as well.

I liked how this post was going. Sounds like some good ideas, maybe I should quit my job and become a play store scammer too. Then I see that you basically make minimum wage.

I’ll keep my software eng wage slave job.

Yeah I’ve tried several times to get into mobile dev as well as web dev. I learned html and css but could never quite get as advanced to get into JavaScript, and I kind of gave up.

I learned a very small amount of swift too but I hated it and it was really confusing to me.

Once I’m in Thailand, I can do YouTube and website ad stuff because I’ll have interesting stuff to create content about. I’m really into travel, this is kind of why I wanted to break free and move to bangkok. Lots of young entrepreneurs there as well. I don’t know enough about getting my site indexed and getting it higher on google’s page numbers. Barely know anything about SEO.

Hey bot trading bros, fellow bot trading bro here.

Currently making between $100-700 day.

My business isn't even in crypto but it is with bots. Working on a crypto bot right now but I'm really worried the crypto-crypto trade taxes are going to ruin the potential profit, what do you guys thing?

Do you see this remaining at profitable in the future with exchanges caving in to IRS rules?

Yeah it definitely is a worry. Although I'm not in the US and my Taxation laws are pretty vague so I'm pretty safe for a year or two I think. Planning on heading to Germany/New Zealand/Singapore to cash out if I make it big.

>passive income

To be honest I've only got a very limited window for my strategy. I don't see it working for more than 3-6 months so I'm just making the most of it now.

I wouldn't say scammer, my apps are legit. Theyre just simple like calculators, compasses, memo pads, AI chess/checkers/go games, etc. Nothing mind blowing.

I have some friends in the youtube route. With youtube, Ive found everything hinges on consistent content creation and the connection with other youtubers you have.
Since thailand is a popular tourist destination, maybe you can create content based on the more 'unknown' spots, say ike once a week. Theres a bazillion thailand channels out there and youre competing against high HD quality videos, so you will need some help from other already established youtubers for the PR. Once you establish a niche, you can actually pull in deals from local restaurants to advertise their food and what not, then youre golden. Good luck, sounds fun.

IRS will only tax PROFITS, so yes.... shit if you lose money you can even deduct up to $3000

im a gook, so i benefit a largely from the gook premium + no crypto taxes (yet). Ive been looking into setting up a cash for coin site where I pay slightly more than the market price, then profit off the gook premium.
But yeah, those taxes are definitely gonna put a dent in fast high freq. trading bots. Bots will always beat standard slow normie click to buy/sell methods though

If you can tell me how to get started with bots, I can tell you my tax-free cash out method.

most exchanges have APIs. just use those with javascript or python

find your exchange's api and look for a wrapper on github