If you were GMing Arthas campaign and he actually listens to Medivh and goes to Kalimdor with Jaina and most of the...

If you were GMing Arthas campaign and he actually listens to Medivh and goes to Kalimdor with Jaina and most of the kingdom.

How would the story proceed?

Probably the same? Warcraft had a pretty good story up until WoW launched and everything turned into a carnival of nonsense

Ner Zhul controls the Scourge

Well everything kinda had to turn into nonsense it's anexo MMO.

Wasn't he looking for a host in order to free himself from the burning legion?

So in this timeline he still is the legion bitch?

> he actually listens to Medivh and goes to Kalimdor with Jaina and most of the kingdom.

I have trouble seeing him ally with the Orcs. The Night Elves ya I can believe it, but I simply dont see him siding with the Orcs.

But all sorts of things would change. Like who would become the first of the Lich King Death Knights? Would Lorderan even fall if Arthas isnt there to murder the entire Capital City?

Basically you would be free to write the entire story from scratch. Doesnt WoW actually have a timeline similar you can do in like a scenario or a book or something? Ive never played WoW

I can still see Lordaeron falling because if Arthas doesn't purge Stratholme the undead population just explodes.

Fuck WoW just like it fucked the rest of the games.

Lordaeron would fall sooner to a dreadlord-led Scourge reinforced by all the dead from Stratholme. Terenas and other major figuers would be assassinated by dreadlords, maybe possessed Dathrodan/Westwind style to further subvert the defenses. There would be fewer survivors and refugees (or maybe not, dreadlords in tFT sat on their asses instead of exterminating the populace without orders from Archimonde). Quel'thalas would fall all the same, but no special treatment for Sylvanas this time, she would end up as just another zombie. With dreadlord infiltration, perhaps even less survivors this time and the campaign may be shorter. Ner'zhul will be fucked, because WC3 style death knights weren't just raised from any corpse like in WotLK, he had to find idiots who would take runeblades, and I think it would be somehow harder this time.

On Kalimdor, it would be harder for humans and orcs to find common ground, but I suppose if Medivh managed to convince Arthas once to listen to his advice, he would do it second time. Most would go as originally did, but without DK Arthas messing with Illidan, he won't absorb Gul'dan's skull and Tichondrius would be leading the forces at Hyjal, which may or may not make the defenses harder.

After Hyjal, with Medivh no longer around, I expect Arthas to ignore any warning and sailing back to Lordaeron to save his kingdom only to get murdered with the whole force.

Ner'zhul would stay imprisoned and Illidan won't serve Kil'jaedan, so no attempts to destroy Icecrown (demons will propably do it themselves when they no longer need the LK), no Forsaken, Blood Elves will go extinct without Illidan showing them how to suck demon's fel and bring them to Outland.

Arthas would eventually come back but I don't think he would act so impulsive as to send his entire force back to Lordaeron with him.
Especially now that Jaina would be with him, most likely she would be his queen by that point.

Bump for self interest

Up until he picked up Frostmourne, Arthas did nothing wrong, save for fail a few diplomacy rolls.

The purge was completely acceptable, and his father would have trite to say on the matter because he didn't listen to the wizard, nor did he know dick of the scourge.

He was a senile fuck not prepared for what the future past that point would lead to, and his actions prove this.

Arthas completely fucking screwed himself over, by killing off Ner'Zhul and his humanity in the mindscape, ruining the merge, and preventing him from getting his multiclass abilities, the only thing controlling the undead being his crown, and not his own abilities, as it was already evidenced that he was a shit necromancer as a Death Knight when Sylcans broke free.

Arthas was the Lich King, and there is no reason to believe otherwise, he completely ruined years of planning and an ample attempt at stopping the Burning legion and the Old ones with one single assineine move, and Jaina is a traitor and a whore for not helping to support him as HE HAD TO MERCY KILL AN ENTIRE CITY.

THAT HOE AIN'T LOYAL, SHE AN ORC FUCKER AND A TRAITOR IN THE MAKING.

>was
*Wasn't, sorry.
He was an idiot that dehumanized himself and lost the point of his actions, and like a rabid dog, had to be put down.

This picture makes it seems that Jaina nose is bleeding.

>Up until he picked up Frostmourne, Arthas did nothing wrong, save for fail a few diplomacy rolls.
He burned down his own ships and accused his own mercenaries of the crime. Frostmourne isn't the only thing wrong with him.

yeah jaina made me mad
i mean they would die anyway, they had to be put down.

Her not being able that Arthas was right at purging Stratholme really is fucking stupid

Wasn't the entire point of Stratholme that not everyone was infected? Arthas slaughtered scored of innocent people to reach Mal'Ganis' minions.

Those who weren't would be soon enough.
Or be killed by those who were and then be raised either way.

The city was lost, the population dead.

Not sure if they expanded on it, but in the game Arthus seemed to make the right call about Stratholme. It just gave him a nasty habit.

I wouldn't call it a habit per-see. The problem as I see it was that he was left in progressively worse situations facing difficult choices without a real support group. He did what he had to do at Stratholme and his closest friends confidants fucked off and washed their hands of him. This left him devoid of council and may have contributed to some trust issues further down the line.

Well I would say habit.

The habit of "I gotta make the hard decision, even if no one wants to!"

And the habit of "We have to do whatever it takes to end the undead!"

To each their own. No point quibbling over semantics. Point is, he fucked up in the long run and it started with Stratholme.

In my opinion, it was explicitly nebulous as to whether or not Arthas made the right call with Stratholme. We're not given enough knowledge, just like Arthas. He made a snap decision in a crisis situation that, ultimately, may have saved lives, or may not have. We'll never know. Everyone saying 'Arthas had no choice, fuck Jaina' is making the REALLY weird assumption that Mal'ganis is a reliable source of information about the plague.