Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Tropical storm Typhus edition

>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Leave your dead at the door

Is there a data slate for Primaris Veteran sergeants?

Xth for OP is a wholesome member of the community.
Thx bby.

>tfw need to prime my dudes
>tfw it's not supposed to stop raining until Thursday.

At least I didn't get hit with one of the thirteen tornados this afternoon.

Stay safe, space city niggas, and remember the Emperor Protects.

Rooting for you from Fort Worth, my dude.

Houston here, i actually got off early because the store closed at 7 instead of midnight like every day

Alright, Veeky Forums. What did you guys work on today?

Spilled some blood for Khorne converting my Rhinos with the Blood and Skulls MK1 kit. Those doors look sweet. Looking for my magnets as we speak.

Thanks. We've got 10" of rain today alone. It's gonna get rough.

6th for da best boss eva!

You DROVE in this shit? You out your damn mind lol.

Assembling 20 more marines so I can do my 60 man chaos space marine foot slogging.

ChaWAAAGHs!!!

11th for never getting rules again

Might I request a picture, I'd like to see your progress and your cool rhino

Got the power scourge off my Helbrute and replaced it with the plasma cannon, gonna put a dirge caster on the missile launcher arm and call it a Twin Blastmaster, and I'm gonna paint my Emperor's Children Exalted Champion.

Started ironing out details for a new custom chapter, cant decide on a color scheme yet.

I also got some progress on a chaplain dreadnought.

Built some Ogryns for my Kriegers to hide behind. Gave them the Bullgryn armor and heads with a bit of wire and a canister to mimic the Krieg over-the-shoulder respirators.

Look bretty good. Planning on modeling them with Ripper guns, lots of grenades and shields. Calling them Storm Ogryns.

>Alright, Veeky Forums. What did you guys work on today?

Nothing yet, but probably going to finish putting spiders on this guy and his base and basecoat him today; still not sold on the chest arms, but they're only lightly glued on so if they still look bad when he's painted its a simple job to remove them.

Mandrakes. I'm converting them, because fuck paying $60 for 5 shirtless dudes.

i live up the street from my job in a planned community in a city west of houston, we're mostly okay. it was crazier when i drove an old lady home because her car sucks. drove through some water up the sidewalk. everything turned out alright but i was sweating bullets when i realized how deep it was

i'll fated attempt at casting, i'll try again tomorrow when i get more bottlecaps

I finished this guy not too long ago

Tell me about your dudes user, what have you got so far?

How the fuck do khornate followers get anything done? They're constantly filled with hatred and bloodlust, right? So how do they get hereteks to repair their armour? How do they not instantly start slaughtering each other to a man when there's no enemy left to fight? How does a khornate warband manage to pilot a space vessel in order to get anywhere where there IS a fight?

Theyre a Raven Guard successor chapter with a large number of Librarians, compared to most chapters. They have a desire for assault, utilizing bikes and jump troops. When not in battle, they take on a vow of silence, only breaking it in the heat of battle, of which its usually sung. Outside of battle, they practice the arts, some in poetry, some in songwriting, etc. Theyre called the Songbirds.

Painted a Librarian, though I realized later I need to do some touch ups.

heck yeah! Pictures coming up.

Neat idea, very Gregorian. How do they communicate among themselves, sign language?

This comes up periodically in the fluff. Basically it depends on the warband. Some retain enough discipline to more or less function out of battle, to keep getting more ammo for their tanks, to refuel their ships, to figure out which battle field is the next destination, and only lose their shit when the enemy is in sight.

Others presumably just get vomited out of the warp like daemons when Khorne wants them to be somewhere for killing.

Nice work on the lenses

A whole bunch of converting for my GK. I posted my Brother Captain and Chaplain(he didn't need as much conversion work.) and pic related is my Brotherhood Champion I based on the original metal model.

I was supposed to be painting those Wyches in the background...

Praise Slaanesh.

In battle, through direct commands, usually incorporated into a general war song. Outside of battle, its mostly through notes. The Chapter's captains are the only ones allowed to speak outside of battle, due to necessary communication between Imperial forces.

I'm going to re-do one of them, the dots ended up a bit not level so he looks cross-eyed depending on how you look at him.

Is the Abaddon vs Sigismund fight the "Tower of Joy" of 40K?

thats a man... PRAISE SLAANESH!

Man or woman. That's a no ass. Some squats are in order.

>messy room
>discount panties that don't even fit right
>no ass
Have some pride man.

Termies should be like 22pts a piece to be somewhat viable.

Is there anything for Orks I shouldnt grab?
The wartrakks seem pretty meh but they do look like they have some use

Alright senpai, eviscerate my shit up.. These were quick paint jobs for last weeks psyker week.

1/3

What an ugly tranny

3/3

Not even going to bother with why they are upside down. I hate technology.

Those are some big testicles

Does anyone know a good base mini to do a "big guy on fire" conversion from?

I want to make a Tzeentch Daemon prince and instead of some fleshy bird demon thing, I want to try making and painting something that looks like it's made entirely from fire.

Painted a missile Havoc for my Black Legion army. Just one though, the rest of the day was a massive four player Konor game. CSM and Daemons vs. Imperial Guard and Tau.

The IG/Tau won in the cheapest way possible. Waited for us to advance away from the board edge to completely annihilate the IG army, then deep struck a mob of battlesuits and commanders right in the corner by the edge. Next turn the Tau player ran off the board and won that way.

He gave the victory points to Chaos anyway.

Just as planned.

After four weeks of doing basically fuck-all and wishing I could get involved. I've FINALLY managed to get some games in on the Konor campaign.

Is it just me, or is this weeks mission seem like it was basically intended to be impossible for the attackers? If it weren't for both of my opponents being caught completely off-guard by my all dreadnought army, I probably wouldn't have won these games. On another point, All-Dreadnought lists seem upsurdly powerful this edition.

Game 1: Me as a Defender against Blood Angels. I just setup wide with some nice charge angles, and somehow managed to table him on turn 2.

Game 2: Me as the attacker against Tau.

My second game for the night was downright hilarious. I saw on the right that there was a nice set of very choice BLOS cover that would let my dreadnoughts spend a whole turn advancing while completely unmolested, while the Deredeo sniped a bunch of rail-rifle equipped pathfinders that could see my dreads.

The entire rest of the game could pretty much have been summed up as "Dreadnought Drive-By". My dreadnoughts walked forward, shot everything, charged everything that could feasibly make them move closer to the board edge. Rinse and repeat for 4 turns straight.

There's not much else to say, about the game. This is what the board looked like at the start of my movement phase on turn 4. I simply moved ALL of my dreadnoughts straight to the board edge, but did not move them off. My deredeo then bitch-slapped the commander suit straight off the table with 12 wounds.

>Is it just me, or is this weeks mission seem like it was basically intended to be impossible for the attackers?

>Deepstrike 1/3 of your army into the back table
>Run off next turn
>Impossible

I once read a greentext that was basically "what if the loyalists and traitor legions were flipped?" I. E., what if the Sons of Horus et all stayed loyal and the Ultramarines et all instead fell. Anyone remember that / have it on 1d4chan or something?

That's what the blood angels player tried. And then his death company + sanguinary guard got shot+charged by 5 dreadnoughts. Rest of turn 2 was mop-up. All I had to do was spread out my dreadnoughts enough that they could feasibly reach out and gently stroke any deep strikers with their power fists.

Sorry, cropped a few together. So I had to cut off the existing exhausts on the Rhino, even it all down, then glue them on. Top view you can see where I need to add GS to fill in the gaps, and then door open to show where the magnets go. It's a pretty fucking awesome kit, though if I had known I would've just bought the FW triple Deimos package, as I think it ends up a little cheaper if you don't already have the Rhinos.

Kind of a boring pic, so I added the other thing I worked on, which was re positioning the legs on the Dread to have him running and magnetizing the arms. I think he turned out way better than the static BaC pose.

Ha, you can even see where I superglued my finger after I cut it.

R8 my first ever model. Never painted before and this took me like an hour or two I lost track of time.

Dornian Heresy was what it was called

Did some highlighting and leadbelching on my heldrake that I bought back in 6th edition but never painted. There are so many freaking panels on this thing.... Going to my FLGS tomorrow and he has the minimum 4 colors needed to get points towards the campaign, but I really don't want to take him out in this unfinished state...

Now in not sideways

Paint is too thick.
Wash the paint.
Apply highlights

C A D I A
A
D
I
A

looking good my dude

Shit bro nice Daemon Prince of Nurgle conversion.

must be hard to paint all those minis

Then obviously he did a pretty shitty job if he set down so few models a measly five noughts could put them down. Try a clump of nine Tau Commanders + Crisis Suits + a Riptide jetting down the opposite side of the board, doing almost nothing but advancing and using its 3+ invuln ability.

patience is a virtue. thin your paints.

Well I can at least get you the non-fleshy and non-bird part with a bit of fire...

Currently painting up my Dark Eldar Mobile army for the first 8th edition Throne of Skulls next weekend.

What do you think of this style? I have 2 tantaluses and 3 more flyers im doing like this

It's really hard to paint when every time I try to paint, I go to the opposite side of the room and see this. I have literally nowhere to put all this shit.

That airbrushing is so bad when will Awaken Realms stop starting and ending their blends in black and white.

>That gradient

I love it.

Looks nice my man

It's not as good as the original conversion that AR stole this idea from, but I didn't have the picture on hand...

Good job user on getting to paonting your army. A few things though.
>thin your paints to a milky consistency and apply multiple thin coats after each coat has dried. 2 should do it.
>try doing some highlighting plenty of tutes of youtube.
>just be patient with painting and keep up the good work
>as much as we love to see these in the general, you would get so much more help in WIP (work in progress) try posting there and listening to the comfy wip anons advice

Why do Ork players insist on doing cringey 'WAAAGHS' at my local GW?

Hearing 3 dudes do it and ones voice breaking in the middle of it was sad

Love it m8. Blending work in all areas is topnotch

A plastic shelving unit with bins costs less than the world's loneliest land raider hiding at the back of your modelling nest user.

Cleanliness is next to godliness.

That's been a common thing for over 20 years my man.

So for necron immortals should I go with gauss or tesla?

You're gonna get five boxes and sort the table as follows - 1. Modelling supplies. 2. Paints. 3. Grey Mini's 4. Primed Mini's 5. W.i.p Mini's.
Slide the boxes under the table while not in use.

I feel pretty bad for that LR Proteus in the back. I need to get a Dremel tool to remove some huge resin deposits inside the tread-wells, before I can fit on it's treads. Which will of course require boiling water on the stovetop.

But that will require going through my garage. Which is completely fucking filled with cardboard boxes of old shit. I really fucking hate that my family moved into a smaller house without getting rid of old shit.

Time to get organized my guy. Find a way to get all the minis you're not actively working on out of your painting space. Personally I get easily distracted by all the shit I've bought so I try to get it out of the way so I focus on the stuff I'll be using in games in the near future.

So what's the best Land Rader and why is it Crusader?

Largest transport capacity, lots of anti-infantry firepower to support its passengers.

Best load out for Chaplain Dreadnought?

Best for what?
Crusader obviously takes the prize for transport capacity and budget

Two Dreadnought combat weapons and two storm bolters

DAKKA. LITERALLY ALL OF THE DAKKA. Give it a storm bolter and a multi-melta just for the versatility. Then laugh hysterically when someone tries to charge it, and they then eat 41 shots.

I had a game today where my LRC got to kill 3 hammernators in overwatch, and then the hammernators flubbed their charge roll. So it then got to slam another unit with overwatch fire.

A custom made dreadnought-sized Crozius Arcanum?

i beat a 500 pt tau list in my LCS escalation league

POXYWALKSIES

hq 1 X typhus

1 squad X 6 PM 1 champion

1 squad x 15 poxwalkers

1 squad x 16 poxwalkers

funnest list ive played so far

he had
1x fireblade

1 x commander suit

1 squad x stealth suits

2 squad x five fire warriors

1 unit x some pulse drone shit

1 squad x ten pathfinders

Oh yeah? Explain Nurgle then.

Looks nice, would suggest a dash of shade on the gold, probs agrax.

I said gods user, not calcified lumps of filth worshiped by lesser- though no less repulsive- filth, clogging the materium's arteries like fifty years of Carl's Jr.

You take that back about Carl's Jr. you heretic. Any company that hires bikini models to make commercials on par with Victoria's Secret is okay in my book.

1000pt Nurgle Daemons list

>Epidemius, Unclean One, Herald
>fuckton of Plaguebearers
>Soul Grinder

Anything I'm missing? Maybe the Plague Drones but are something like Nurglings good/necessary?
Someone give me a good Nurgle list.

If you want a good Nurgle list play Death Guard or CSM. Daemons are utter shit this edition.

Rough 1000 point Tzeentch list, looking for feedback

Daemon Prince with Talons x 2
Exalted Champion Bolt Pistol and MURDER SWORD
Possessed x 14
Cultists x 10
Herald on Tzeentch on Burning Chariot
Herald on Tzeentch
Exalted Flamer
Flamer x 3
Cultists x 10

Still not settled on a Legion Trait or Warlord Trait, though I'm leaning towards Renegades to get my Possessed into combat quicker. Cultists are mostly there for detachment reasons so I can have more Heralds for Smiting and supporting the Possessed.

Blood and Skulls is good shit. I like their Capricorn kit for Chimeras

Nurglings are there to tie up units early on and make them waste turns on disengaging or killing them while your troops move up the field. Plague Drones are pretty sweet, so I'd try fit them in. Might be worth trying to summon the Great Unclean One into battle as its likely to get shot up by lascannons early on otherwise.

>if you want a good nurgle list play death guard

>He doesn't know