How do you like your magic circles, Veeky Forums?

How do you like your magic circles, Veeky Forums?

Noncircular.

Absurdly complicated.

Nonexistent, just like magic itself

I like em like magical code where I can make any magical effect that I want.

I usually have them repel outsiders.

Did somebody say magic circles

Because I think I heard somebody say magic circles

MAGIC

Here's a spell for moving goalposts

I can't remember what this one does

Simple enough that I won't be killed in the middle of drawing it.

But user, these are /a/-style magic circles. They exist purely for decoration and have no actual functionality. You won't ever have to actually make the circle, it just pops up when you do magic, because lord help a character that actually needs to work for something.

stop watching anime

Looks like an illusion where you make the target percieve his surroundings different so you can distract him.

Simple.

That's actually the magic version of Google Maps, telling the summoned one how to get to you.

What do you use to create these circles and how do you read them?

Its the magic system from "The runed age", an rpg.

Thanks

I think I see Loss somewhere in there.

The circles exist to direct the flow of magic and as a mental focus. If you are good enough, you can create them purely mentally, but the magic current will generate light, making the circle visible

The foundation of a barrier against the world outside the circle. Deadly as hell.

I save .jpgs on my phone in a specific order so I can cast my spells on the fly.

Bump

Thanks for the template.

They don't count if there are no candles.

Mushrooms are good, too!

ZA WARUDO!

>if you are good enough
>if you are the main character or a player character

>think that /a/ style magic circles look rad as fuck
>hate how they are never actually drawn and just appear.

In what RPG do casters have to take the time to make complex inscriptions, Veeky Forums?

Barbarians of Lemuria. There are several ways to make your spell work. One of them is performing a long ritual - that may be drawing of one of these.

Movement, distance, space and removal of gravity - All without time.

It's either teleportation or some kind of za warudo

3.5 had the binder class, which had to draw seals to summon the things they bound.

At a certain point in the timeline of my setting most magic related stuff is under the control of a few organizations who make their money supplying the means of doing magic from mining/growing/refining magical components to creating things like easy made molds for certain magic circles. They are actually responsible for standardizing how magic works in setting because it made it easier to mass produce products with the holdouts being various religious groups/organizations, hedge witches, and the occasional rebel wizard here or there.

Shadowrun has Ritual Casting. iirc it lets you cast bigger versions of certain spells.

A "Ring" with runes inside it, then in the "Center" tonnes of geometric shapes

This is literally Perumov's magic system, except the circles are math and don't become visible.

In terms of aesthetics, I unironically thought the ones from Dr. Strange were pretty cool looking.

Probably because all the lines and angles kind of reminded me of islamic geometric designs like pic related.

Are those just random dots and lines or are some parts of constellations?

To state the obvious, GURPS has an option for that kind of thing. Runic casting is (unless you're absurdly skilled) slow and expensive, but lets you craft spells on the fly to do whatever you need.

considerably more compact than that.

Yes, main characters are often more powerful than average
I haven't actually heard of that

>Yes, main characters are often more powerful than average
>/a/v/erage poster

I'm not making a judgement, only stating something that common

>I'm not committing to any statement, because both my protagonists and I hate working

>Projecting

>lazy

First guess was that they were going for John Dee's Enochian alphabet, but google says that's not what it looked like.
Seems familiar, though; might be somebody else's angelic language or something along those lines.

The more complex a sigil the less you have to do to activate it, the less you have to do to preform whatever spell you wish to cast.
As much as I like the idea that a simple circle can be used to cast just about anything. Activating it is a challenge, and a precise mental and physical model must be adhered to.

ARS MAGICA

Shit yeah runic circles are my fetish.

The Runed Age is built around runic magic circles.

>Transparent background PNGs
Yes, more of those please

Spannung multiple continents for World changing magic

is that one of those "we don't know why Lord Murdermor is building these structures around the world but it can't be good" deals?

could you tell us more? I'm interested

Yeah just like these serial killer movies where everyone is hunched over a map with little red pins marking where they found the victims. And suddenly the rookie that just entered the room after bringing pizza takes one look at the map and is all like "guys did you realize there's a pattern? If you connect all the dots, you get a dick"

Of course, the murderer is going to go after Dick Richardson!

Honestly the only thing I found interesting from that rpg was the magic system. I just took some ideas and improved on it for personal use.
U can find tons of free stuff, just google the runed age.

Symbolist tradition in Symbaroum has to spend an hour crafting a spell into a symbol to be used later. Higher levels of Symbolist can just draw in the air though.

does it have anything to do with this pdf?

Yeah, the guy who made the rpg made a couple of threads on Veeky Forums and asked for advice.
That pdf is how far he got in the threads. It has alot more stuff in it now.

so the runed age rpg has stuff like that in it? how does it works for a tabletop?

Yeah, that's what the system started as before it got turned into a full fledged RPG

Think Shadowrun but in early modern age, pirate-esque, Netherlands with runic magic.

Kult

What stuff needs improving?

I will need some pdfs if that's true

see

For a second I thought that was a install port from AT

I came here to make sure this was mentioned.

Then I saw this.

Party on and know that when my setting with Dwarven Runemasters is shared, these will be their runes.

Has someone made a loss circle?

No, but I made a found circle.

Somebody made an ebola circle

And suddenly, no more ebola. Coincidence? I think not.

Actually, the ebola died off when the meme stopped being propogated

I suspect censorship started happening when people realised what /pol/ was doing.

I wonder how far /pol/ got with their ebola magic.

You know you can buy the entire game on drivethrough rpg right now, it has a couple books and is pretty good.

Its called Rune.

You mean "The Runed Age".

Can you please get the fuck out, Mr. Reddit memespouter?