Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1702: Back To Normal Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/454MMUS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For the Isekai jump, how strong does Grind actually make you?

>Discord
discordapp.com/invite/454MMUS

Question for Softanon I am assuming The Grind puts you at level 9999/99 even if you have limit break right?

It puts you at or near the powercurve of the game you were playing. So you're guaranteed to be a big deal in the jump, but the nature of the curve will vary depending on the game. On average, I would say it would probably be weaker than Level 100, but not by much.

You can presumably still learn regular spacetime magic in-jump. I just wanted the skill to feel more unique, and better match the others.

It's intended to be universal.

Theoretically it could, but magic systems at least would be considered very high-level targets. Akin to trying to upgrade the gravitational constant. Good out of the box thinking though. The kind of thing we all wish isekai protagonists would actually do.

Ninja'd

This is me

*At or near the peak of the powercurve, sorry

For the Reincarnation origin could we use it for the type of isekai where we wake up after dying in the body of someone else in another world? Possibly an alternate version of ourself?

From SB, huh?

you just want an excuse to meet Truck-sama don't you.

THANK YOU FOR KNOWING HOW TO COUNT, TRIPS-SAN

>magic systems
What about individual spells?

The intent of the Reborn origin was specifically to capture the idea of starting a new life from infancy. But, as always, I have no desire or ability to stop people from applying houserules to my work in order to enjoy it more.

You're welcome, Voldemort.

Would you at least be willing to post the current WIP?

How would Limit Breaker interact with Upgrade and System?

Would it be redundant since they don't seem to have caps anyway, just scaling prices?

What's the point of that?

>Truck-sama
Truck-sensei has killed more people than I have. I must track him down to learn his ways.

Either that or I'll get a "notice me" shirt.

I think it would honestly depend on the kind of spell. If a spell is just a pattern or structure, upgrading it would be like trying to upgrade a sentence. I'm not going to call it impossible, but you're getting into weird territory.

Although if you're referring to upgrading a spell that you just cast, like improving a fireball mid-flight, that would be a more simple matter of working very quickly, instead of getting into conceptual territory.

Would Limit Break more generally allow you to keep improving your total "level" in settings which have such things- to progress past the "level cap", as it were, or is it limited to more specific attributes and skills?

I can see it now. Laharl looks at you and curses out the developer for putting in something as broken as a character over the level cap.

Also not Softanon but isnt that kinda what the cheat says it does?

Would we have the memories of our origin selves' life? Most likely memories of modern day japan or of a dystopia where people shut themselves off in video games all day?

Whether or not such things have caps would depend on the setting. Its main use would arguably be skills, since those often do have a cap.

It was chiefly intended to allow growth in things that improve when you level, instead of specifically allowing you to keep leveling. But I suppose at that point the difference is pretty minor.

Maybe Limit Break could grow to affect level caps after you leveled the skill up enough?

I think it depends on if you consider "level" an "attribute".

Ah, k. Thanks.

My head went straight to
>Truck-Senpai noticed me and all I got was this lousy body-cast.

If you want to, I won't stop you from assuming so. But as written in the jump

>All origins are Drop-In, of a sort, and so will not provide much, if any memories or backgrounds.
They will only set the stage for your time in this world.

Wouldn't the Gamer origin have fairly in depth knowledge of the world due to having played a game based on it? Not as much just from the origin as if they bought the relevant perk but still.

Depends on what kind of gamer you were. Maybe you just picked up the game a couple days ago and only put a few hours into it. Maybe you played it obsessively for hundreds of hours. Maybe you just ERPed in social areas and never even considered clearing content.

Why do you think all anons are the same? I don't complain about you offering too much. I instead don't trust you to include what Heavens would have

>Why would I not offer the coolest things
I sure don't know what you think is cool. But the things I wanted out of this jump, like the Heroes races, replacing the Future Warrior, being able to companion Chronoa, and having all the dress up items, are very likely to be on the chopping block because you don't care about them.

'Time Warrior' is not a thing. There's the Future Warrior and there's the Time Patrollers. I don't want to be a hero, I want to replace the CAC protagonist.

It's not a matter of what CAN make people happy, it's about what can make that person happy. Sure plenty of people enjoy making support items. That doesn't mean everyone will be happy making support items.

Deku himself acknowledges that he probably would have enjoyed working in support if he hadn't gotten his quirk.

What page? The boy cared so much about being a hero that his spirit probably would never recover if he couldn't get into the school.

Is there any perk in jumpchain which lets us ignore diminishing returns?

So few people care about those that you don't really need one.

He also could have gotten into the school without a quirk. He just wouldn't have been in the hero course.

Deku pretty certainly isn't going to be happy in the general studies course that doesn't even have anything to do with heroics.

They might have been asking for something to avoid them in general, rather than the specific rule which enforces them.

Is there a perk that specifically forces diminishing returns to exist?

It's in the original rules of jumpchain no one gives a shit about.

Learning perks. There are enough and varied ones to make most things near instant. A lazy magic can just piss about collecting generalized learning and magic learning till they cast a fireball then a sunball right after. One of the easier jumo themes.

No, but diminishing returns are a natural obstacle you'll encounter once you reach a certain level of development in a given area, and you'll either need to suck it up and spend a lot more time on training or remove them entirely.

Can you upgrade your caster level or equivalent? It can't give knowledge so there'd be no new spells, just doing what you can already do better? Like making yourself a better air mage or something.

Honestly most of the origins seem badly done compared to the rest of it. Mostly stemmimg from your insistace that we are dropping in from the chain instead of having normal origins.

Summoned having you appear at the same age as you ended your last one could have serious issues. Probably not but when you can avoid an unneccery instant death start as easily as including a proper age roll you should probably do it.

For the reborn origin you could be easily and immediately screwed if you are early in your chain. Honestly it should be a drawback to start as a baby. There are ways around this but doing so would kill one of the common themes of reincarnation stories, closness with your new family. How would you feel if your child turned into an adult overnight? As a first or early jump it railroads you into choosing your options around what lets you survive/act during infancy and childhood.

The gamer is simply in an objectivly better position than the other two due to being stuck in a game we are by definition at least somewhat familiar with. This advantage is rather trivial by the standards of the setting but compared to starting as a baby it is hugely better.

Just think of it as upgrading your magic power or concentration. Badda boom.

Some people like to know what we've lost.

Aren't you just shitposting? You seem to be making a pile of baseless assumptions on what she'd cut just because she hasn't specifically mentioned including them and even when she has mentioned them, you've ignored that.

Uprade the rate at which you learn and master magic as well as your magic pool and maximum output?

Can Skill Books be used to share specific techniques, or is it limited to the larger overarching "skills"?

How can you use what you were never going to get in the first place?

She only mentioned demon out of all of the things I said, like Chronoa, replacing the Future Warrior, and the wardrobe. Not even the other Heroes races like Android, and Kai.

That's useful, but then how does upgrading classes work?

I guess you'll just have to wait and see eh?

Know, not use.

Has anyone ever noticed a post being deleted and restored rapidly and repeatedly shortly after it is posted?

The same autist, still going after her for the dirge drive? You're really pathetic.

The line is blurry. (This is basically becoming my catchphrase) But I don't see why not. At worst, the specific technique would just get grouped into a general skill for the style, and you'd get the same result.

What does it matter if you weren't getting it anyway? HeavensAnon was giving up the jump already, whether Val took it from him or not.

Okay next round of WIP. This is a "tentatively complete" version.

Changelog:
Lots and lots of small changes based on questions and feedback.
Filled out companion section. Remembered to specify their items.
No gaps in the item section.

Like going from a base class to a prestige class.

Only once or twice when someone forgets their image?

That implies that I'm anticipating this, when it's not going to include anything that I was looking forward to in the first place and is probably like four months away with your backlog. Instead I'm disappointed NOW. If you ever even do finish it, I can be double disappointed, but there's no waiting since I already know what you're doing.

I don't give a fuck about dirge, so no.

To be sad over.

>Lots and lots of small changes based on questions and feedback.
More details?

No, a bunch of times very quickly. As in I've only seen it happen when spamming the update button.

I was more asking if it could be used to /only/ gift a specific technique, rather than if techniques were transferred. Like giving someone access to one spell in particular rather than master over a whole school of magic.

Happens to me sometimes when my Veeky Forums userscripts are acting up. It's just a glitch in how they read the webpage.

How...far...should I go with making my custom companion...custom?

Congratulations on succeeding where Muyo failed.

Hope it's everything you wanted it to be.

Lol, you're a salty little bitch, aint'cha?

Boo fucking hoo. Grow the fuck up and stop clogging the thread with your nonsense.

Well, like I said. The line is blurry. Generally I think it's always possible to do a weaker, lesser version of something. So making a "limited skill book" that only contains knowledge on one specific technique should be doiable.

I'm not any of the people you replied to before you start hurling accusations, but has it occured to you that

>I want this particular thing to satisfy my particular build"

Isn't a very realistic thing to expect someone making a jump to capitulate to, and it's silly to get upset about it?

ALL THE WAY
Don't stop for anything user, you're literally free to tailor them to your heart's desire to be a perfect fetishbait waifu/husbando, don't let your shame or sense of morality stop you.

Why does she need to specifically say she'll be including the base races of the game when that's something she's done in almost every jump with more than one race already? Do you think you'll just be some random alien that isn't any of the core races for no reason at all?

You're just wanting to attack her over something and it's sad.

It's not even that. She's even said she's including the things he says she won't be and he's totally ignored her. He's the same shitposter that went after her for the dirge drive incident.

So if I knew a little air magic and it was considered part of an Elementalist Class, for example, I could upgrade the Elementalist Class in some way, but not the air magic?

How does Muyo even come into this?

I'm pretty salty at the shitposter for driving Heavens off, yeah. You remind me of him.

Since when are wardrobes going to give you extra power?

They're not base races of Xenoverse. They're races in Heroes, which is connected.

No she didn't, and no I'm not.

Which specific races are you complaining about that you want in?

What races are even in Heroes that aren't in Xenoverse already?

What's progress like on Crash Bandicoot?

So what exactly do you think you're accomplishing by attacking the jumpmaker Heavens passed the torch unto?

You could upgrade the power and speed of your magic, but not learn new spells. Or you could upgrade your class from Elementalist to something more specialized, like Air Mage, or more advanced, like... uh... Element Master? I dunno.

Hey Val, if you don't mind me asking, would it be possible for Lord of the Night from Seven Deadly Sins to eventually expand to the whole world? If so, how long would it take? Plunging the whole world into darkness is a required feat for all proper final bosses, and Lord of the Night seems really good for that.

Regarding the granularity of Upgrade. Could you decide to upgrade a specific sense someone has, or would you have to upgrade their (Sense) stat?

...there's a Crash Bandicoot jump in the works?

What is the game about? I literally only know it from the WHOA meme

Um. He's shitposting. Is that not obvious?

Android, Demon, Kai.

Xeno Large Variant - may be a unique variation of these types, like an amphibious Praetorian or a slightly lighter, but sleeker and faster Charger.
Xeno Queen- You may also select this option to be a similarly-sized Xenomorph variant, such as the
‘King’ Xenomorph, at the cost of reproductive capabilities.
Building Better Worlds - includes genetic experimentation which may be applied to xenos.
Metamorphosis - You may develop into a type of Xenomorph lower on the hierarchy than your original xenomorph form. The resulting Hybrid form is a blend of your original xenomorph form and the host, rather than the "default" alien drone and the host.
Added Power Loader item
Added Jockey Fossil item
Renamed "Maze" hive option to "Labyrinth" in honor of Aliens: Labyrinth.
Specified Predator Mesh Armor comes with the cloaking device.
Added a couple more images.
Fixed some formatting.
Added a human companion and a female yautja companion.
Added gear to the companions who need it.
Added some more Notes.
Fixed a couple of typos.

I mentioned them, Kai and Android.

Expressing disappointment at the situation.

I mean, I'd imagine it'd be possible. Probably more because your power had gotten close to the level of doing planetary stuff if you're wanting to do it straight away. It'd be possible by just waiting for it to grow over time but...I dunno, I think that'd be on the order of decades to get that big through just time. You'd be better off just getting stronk and then going whole world covering from the get go.

>since when are wardrobes going to give you extra power

...I don't understand why you're talking about wardrobes and power when I specifically asked you why your build in particular mandates an imperative to include the things you, personally, want in a jump. I said absolutely nothing about wardrobes or power.

I said you seemed very silly.

[Sense] would probably have a little arrow next to it that would lead to a drop-down menu with the specific senses.

Dunno what would happen if you upgrades someone's sense of proprioception though.

Oh, does Upgrade come with its own interface?

I'm more disappointed that you're shitting on her when she's said she's multiplying the amount of content we are getting by 3 or more times over. Grow up you snotty little idiot.

That's what I was hoping for. Looking to do things like upgrade vision into night vision and things like that.

FUAnon is making it.

Uh...Bandicoot fights midget mad scientist who wants to take over the world, usually with the help of a magic tiki mask?

It's not about my build. It wasn't possible to formulate a build from Heavens' snippets in the first place.

And there's no imperative. I'm disappointed because the shitposter drove Heavens off, so there will be no Chronoa option, there will be no option to replace the Future Warrior, no wardrobe for all the outfits in the games, and no Heroes race choices. I'm not telling her to put those in, I'm being disappointed because I know they won't be in.

I honestly do not care about triple perks or whatever. Your budget doesn't change regardless. The things I like out of settings are neat little touches like the above, not my 50th 'you're good at training' perk.

>proprioception
They'd have a better sense of where the bits were at all times? seems like a good thing for shoggothy types like me, I'm glad this came up!

I'll just tentatively play with some builds then. Thank you for the Jump :)

Well, I was planning on training to reach that level anyway, but it only takes decades to reach that level just by time alone? That's...huh. I thought it would take a lot longer to reach that level. Yeah, I'll just level grind in that case. I'm guessing it will only take me a few years to a decade to reach that level if I actually train, then?