Does your character have a "special move"?

my GM gave my martial the ability to do a devastating dropkick into the target's face up to 5 times a day. it is generally more effective than most high-tier weapons

I have a Dwarven Gladiator who uses a magic warhammer called The Heart Breaker.

My finishing move is where I bring it back, almost like a golf swing, and smash it into the opponents jaw.

I call it Sweet Chin Music

Yeah, it's called a missile launcher.

My GM only lets me have a special move if it's explicitly listed in the core rulebook and his internet friends agree it isn't too powerful. If it's useful enough to be a primary combat tactic he usually limits it to once or twice a day, or gives it a percent chance of backfiring so it's 'balanced'.

My totally not Isaac Clark mechanic in a power suit likes to throw containers with two separated compartments containing water and magnesium. Then he blows it up remotely with a lightning cannon. The limiting factor is that, if he screws up his roll, he almost kills himself from the backlash. Also we've encountered enemies with telekinesis who throw it away or right back at us, so it's not a reliable move.

My storm cleric has the ability to manipulate large amounts of water as long as it's connected to a big enough source, like a river, lake, or sea. When possible she uses it to great giant fists ala Bayonetta and pummel her enemies into submission before throwing them hundreds of feet away. However each time she uses the ability it inflicts levels of exhaustion upon her.

i bet his games still have a significant caster vs martial balancing problem

When I was like thirteen I made a dwarf barbarian who would wrestle monsters by throwing swords he had chained to his arms into their bodies just like Kratos. He was named Thoraxe and had a human friend named Steve. I was not an imaginative teen.

I wish. He banned any class with casting ability. The few casters we've fought have been a pain in the ass though, so I guess you're right in a way.

Why the fuck would you keep playing with this guy?

>ifunny

Is this an attempt at trolling?

I was allowed to use the stats for a sword and shield as 'Filipe Family Training' and go around bare knuckle brawling everyone while still hitting like a truck.

My corrupt Preacher character in my last campaign had a skill called "Fire and Brimstone", which allowed me to incite a crowd against a group or individual after a Cha check.

Each time I succeeded, I filled the "Lynch-O-Meter" by one level. If I got three, it's itchin for a lynchin' time.

DM gave our party combined attacks to use with our char's close confidants/love interests during battle. Basically one char intiates in their turn and the other char makes a souped up attack in theirs.

My char (wiz) had one with another wizard (love interest). They would stand next to each other, hold hands or whatever and he'd get a stronger magical attack. But if he missed all his attacks she would admonish him by attacking for small damage.

>Charged Atma Burst
>Requires wielding a longsword
>Usable 1/day after the 5th round of combat
>Channel a devistating blow that inflicts damage equal to the amount of hitpoints currently lost
>Ignores all DR, strikes as brilliant energy
>Touch attack, 16-20/x4
>Can trigger massive damage

I have 290 max hitpoints.

Social network bullshit. He GMs for myself and two others. The two other players are also players for a game that I'm GMing, and they're great players, just A+ material for who you'd want to run for. They're both attentive and amusing when they're roleplaying together, get plenty involved with the world, I could gush for hours about how easy and entertaining they make my job as a GM.

But the GM for this game has known them for much longer than I have, and it's a fucky, controlling relationship. He cusses out his players whenever they do something he doesn't like, and I mean really toxic personal-level shit. It's bizarre to me (and probably everyone reading this) that they haven't stopped playing or even tried arguing against any of his houserules, but every time I bring it up they basically say it's because they're friends, and friends, quote, "make sacrifices for each other." I feel like battered-housewife-syndrome is playing no small part here. In any case, he's put it in no uncertain terms that if I quit his campaign, he'll make the other two players quit my campaign, and they've confirmed it.

So until my two favorite players in the world grow a spine against this guy, I'm going to log into roll20 every week and pretend to care about his gritty grimdark fantasy novel while prepping for my own session that happens the day after.

I'm planning on implementing a Chrono Trigger style dual technique system in my D&D 5e game where two or more PCs can consume some kind of limited resource (like a spell slot, mystic arcanum, ki points, or daily use of a feature) and combine it into a single attack that potentially does more damage or is otherwise more effective than either ability would be alone.

I'm pretty excited for when the paladin and fighter figure out X-Strike.

Our DM always lets us take a "boon" when we make a character that can be anything from a fancy magic item, a special attack, and sometimes even a template. For our demon game I took a power that lets me cannibalize my opponents and steal some of their innate abilities depending on their HD. So far I haven't gotten much, but I'm hoping to pick some cool shit up.

I pity you ethernal anglos since you never had the chance to play Hokuto No Ken rpg

Make the barbarian's use Hit Die.

Watch as the cleric's face grows more glum as he gleefully throws d12s for that sweet, sweet damage boost.

thats pretty depressing user, sorry, good luck with the spines though

I have a move my gm calls "ten Thousand needles"
Arcane trickster who using illusion magic to make it seem like a shit ton of rapiers are coming your way.

In a party of nothing but frail casters, my special move was, for the most part, getting cut to pieces.

Tell me more about how this plays.

throwing nasty stuff around

Classes can be martial arts masters, thieves, thugs, monks, Hokuto and Nanto rebels and so on but usually everybody wants to be a martial artist.

There are many martial art schools like Hokuto, Hokuto Gen, Hokuto Koryu, Nanto and its sub-schools, Gento and some minor schools. Martial artists know some moves from start but can learn more by watching other fighters performing one ore through a master.

Moves are divided in 4 tiers:
>basic level (punches, kicks, throws and other amenities a martial artist should know)
>advanced level (school based moves, can be deadly - may need aura points)
>mortal level (deadly moves, need aura)
>esoteric level (ultra-deadly moves - need aura)

Aura points must be (from 0 to 3) can only be obtained spending xp points and usually can't be lost.
0 --> noob
3 ---> great master (Raoh, Kenshirou, Souther, Falco, Kaioh)