If Horus had not fallen to the ruinous power how noblebright would the 41st millenium be?

If Horus had not fallen to the ruinous power how noblebright would the 41st millenium be?

for humans of course cause the xenos are fucked

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LyZv4EghX_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Magnus has his ass firmly set on the golden throne keeping the human webway open.

I really don't know what the other 17 primarchs would be doing in these 10 thousand years.

The Emperor grand plan of elevating humanity to a fully psychic race free from the perils of warp through eungenics, would certainly makes thing rough to the normal Imperial citizen.

The Mechanicus is what I'm most interested after conquering the whole the Emperor would certainly try to deal with their little cult, and thing could get really bad reallt fast.

Lorgar becomes the archtraitor instead.

The Gods wouldn't stop trying for revenge.

>would certainly makes thing rough to the normal Imperial citizen.

Why?

>hey you we have analyzed your genes and we seem that the chance of mutant deviantion for your offspring is over 10% you will be sterelyzed immediatly.

It already happens in current 40k but in this timeline is more efficient.

I can see it but his betrayal would be much smaller and would certainly be dealt with rather fast.

On the subject of humanity awakening it's psychic potential how would the eldar react?
Would they finnally see us as equals or would they still call us Monkeigh but this time is behind our backs.

Or maybe there would be none left to act smug

They would act smug even when begging for mercy.

>Our forces were decimated in the first assault and the craftworld is lost, a dozen of non augmented humans did this, still gonna act smug even though.

I can see it.

If Horus is infalliable, than the Chaos Gods will wish to break his spirit. And the only way to do that, is to make him kill his own family.

Since Lorgar will write off Horus as impossible to turn, he puts more attention else where.

We know for certain that Fulgrim, Magnus, Angron and Konrad are all fucked. Fulgrim is tainted by the sword of the Laer, Angron has the nails, Konrad is already crazy, and Magnus has already been intwined by Tzneetches plot.

Now, as fpr the rest, Mortarion has the ticking time bomb of Typhus in his raks, whose itching for a chance to fuck his primarch over and embrace Nurgle.

Perturabo pretty much hates everyone, and only really has Horus. If his views of Horus were soured, by say, Lorgar or Daemons, than he would have very little reason to stay Loyal.

Now, as for the loyalists.

Russ and Khan were very unknown factors. Although loyal, they could easily jump the gun, or be fooled by the actions of the traitors. The wolves have Fenris; and if by some mistake or plot, Fenris was destroyed by Imperial Hand, they would turn. Persay, maybe a twist of fate, Exterminatus is launched upon it. Khan is similiar; if forced into cornered posistion, than he will eventually fall into a feeling of uselessness. Perhaps have him recalled to Chorgis, and provide Slaaneshi influence. He has always been weak to the pleasures of the hunt and revenge.

Sanguinius must temper his soul, less he succumb to the red thirst likes his sons. If he was wounded in a way like Horus was, he could possibly be over taken by Khorne.

Gulliman is a bit arrogant, and a logical thinker. By using those traits, he may not fall, but he may be willing to enact a sort of "Temporary" empire that is apart from the Imperium. Especially if he begins to writhe under the Emperor's rules and illogical commands.

Only Dorn and the Lion are infalliable to the Emperor; too plain or too single minded. Alpharius Omegron are too loyal to Horus to betray him.

They could grab Magnus first with the help of Tzeentch.

Horus was afraid to fight Magnus.

Magnus might not be fucked he would certainly be scolded by not following the dictate but only when prospero burned he turned.
I can see the Emperor bringing him back to Terra after he discover that Magnus still is using his power but he is such a fundamental part of his plan that I don't think he would pursue further action against him.

Vulkan can, and will, slaughter those he hates. The Eldar are his most feverant hatred. He may be passionate, but passions can be turned against ones self. Perhaps his hate for Eldar and brother hood is taken to the extreme, and the Promethean cult becomes corrupted?

Ferrus Manus... Fuck, I dunno, hes probably loyal. Or maybe corrupted? If hes slowly indoctrinated, and perhaps corrupted by fulgrim, he could fall. But it would have to be a slow, evil turning.

I think some specific actions and events would need to take place, but if Lorgar could sneak around and corrupt certain Primarchs, he could turn far more than he actually did.

But the funny part?

None of them would come close to matching Horus. If put against him, Horus would win, despite all the powers of the Warp. He would know how they think, how they would strike, how they would fight. He would out think, out plan, and simply out fight them at every turn.

At the end of the day, Horus would win, surrounded by his dead brothers and perhaps even his father. But he would win. There is no question.

At what cost though? The toll of watching his brothers fall, and than slain. The pain of seeing his father and their empire rot. The pressure of being the obvious next in line for the Emperor.

The Imperiun would survive, with Horus at its head. But it would be smaller, and more centralized. Perhaps only slightly bigger than its core. And Horus would be the lonely, broken man, with no one else to turn to.

Magnus was fucked the moment he thought that making a deal with Tzneetch was advisable. He doomed his sons, his planet, his people and himself. Whether it be through the Changeling or his other pawns, he would be corrupted, and set against the Emperor.

Perhaps upon learning what his fate entailed, his will would waver, and he would lash out, breaking the webway. Or perhaps he still learns ofthe betrayal, and does the same.

Fulgrim had several clones of ferrus made and every single one of them stayed loyal to the emperor

Because each of them knew instinctively that Fulgrim had killed him. The lack of his hands, the feeling of betrayal, etc. If he were to perhaps craft him a similiar weapon to that of the Laer blade, he would fall as well. He trusted Fulgrim up to the moment he learned of his betrayal. If he never openly betrayed him till Ferrus was turned, who knows?

But with pure Horus doing his work as he should have done it wouldn't the Emperor have ebough time to finish the webway project and then take a closer look to the primarchs that were almost falling to chaos.

We have no idea how long it would have taken for the Emperor to complete his work; and at the point of when he left to complete his webway, Konrad, Angron and a few others were already damned. Besides, if Magnus could breach the Webway with Psychic might, than maybe another primarch could do so as well.

In this Scenario, perhaps as Sanguinius falls and his psychic powers are oblitterated by Khorne, he sends a psychic shriek to his father for help.

Or Typhus, instead of leading Mortarion into Nurgles Garden, ends up crashing his ship With no survivors into the webway

I always wondered if the Emprah was keeping the Void Dragon for a purpose.
If there was no Horus Heresy maybe the Dragon could fit in the big E's anti-warp policy.
Idk use the C'tan as allies against the ruinous powers or to build anti-warp tech like the necron pylons.
In the long run he could even destroy the eye of terror and the maelstrom with it.

>I always wondered if the Emprah was keeping the Void Dragon for a purpose.

He literally couldn't kill it and didn't want to have it wandering around.

Still waiting on the Admech schism and Necron-friendly techpriests with living metal everywhere.

source?

this one post is infinitely better AU than those stupid fucking Warmasters Triumvirate threads.

With the webway project finished and the great crusade accomplished i think the Emperor could look at each primarch problem and work to help them, he couldn't simply dispose of them so easily the primarchs took a lot of time to invest.

We would probably call the Heresy something else as well.

Perhaps a Primarch Insurrection or Lorgar's Folly.

Fagnus would still fuck up and the Lion and Fulgrim still go traitor.

After the Great Crusade was successfully over the he space marines and the Primarchs would be fazed out the same way as the Thunder Warriors did in the past. With the exception of Magnus I don't think they would serve a purpose anymore.
Then the Emperor would probably introduce some new form of post-human soldiers more apt to guard the empire.

>lion
>traitor
Loyalty is it's own reward.

The Lions greed would have caused him to turn

That's because for some goddamn reason every AU 40k project begins by creating 20 brand-new donutsteel primarchs instead of working off of what already exists.
(Unless somehow the Triumvirate is the one time we didn't do that; somehow, I doubt it.)

Nah. Lion is too loyal to give in to greed. He's one of the few primarchs who absolutely doesn't give a fuck about glory or prestige. He just does shit because he's a bit of an altruist, much like Sanguinius, Vulkan or Guilliman.

It would be as bright as the flash of thirteen barrels of doom available for every Solar Auxilia regiment throughout the Galaxy.

It would be as noble as having an social class system based on your psychic power, from the untouchable pariahs all the way up to the alpha caste.

Vulkan would transform his legion into a multistellar engineering force. They would be space marines through and through, but dedicating their time to create the Dyson Swarms needed to house the future humans. Once the Tyranids appeared, they would direct a star's entire output to literally vaporize their Hive Fleets light-years away.

Ferrus Manus is still trying to figure out how to control the Void Dragon through his hands. He managed to fashion a fragment of it in his frigate-sized dragon mount.

Perturabo would be allowed to have a hobby based on building non-gothic hives every bit as magnficient as the palace-fortresses of India, Gaudi-like in the outside and hardened against orbital bombardment in the inside. Sea-sized swimming pools which also serve as recycling systems and emergency cisterns. He is even more creepy when happy.

Angron and his legion are dumped into an orky planet and left to butcher it all. The fight becomes so immense that WAAGHS move towards it. 10K years later, no one knows if he's still alive, but the orks continue to gather there. Culling Crusades are formed once every millenia, requiring entire legions, phospex bombs and fleets just to maintain the orkoids in acceptable levels. The planet's mass increased 10% due to the upper surface being made of scraps. Russ and Khan would only come back from their never-ending expeditions against Tomb Worlds, Dark Eldars and xenos at the Halo Stars to join this.

Sanguinius, Dorn, Horus, Guilliman and the Lion would each command a Segmentum.

At the same time, I can see and happening.

They would each human based on his or her psychic power, respecting our top 1% and that's it.

t. Wolffucker

He threw a bitch fit when he wasnt named warmaster and gave deadly siege guns to Pert in an attempt to bribe him.

Giod on

He hardly threw a bitch fit. He got over it pretty quick when it turned out Horus was actually an amazing Warmaster.

Space Marines getting phased out I could see, but the primarchs were clearly a much longer term investment. I'm not sure I agree with the accepted theory that each primarch was designed for a specific role to play in the in the post-crusade imperium, but Empy must have had some plans for them.

He undermined Horus every chance he got. Horus said so to his personal remembrancer.

He had a plan for them, he had a huge suite of apartments for them all to live together after the galaxy was won

Still shit.

The fundamental problem of the 30k Imperium remains; the Emprah wants humanity to rule itself, but he created literally legions of posthumans who think they're entitled to rule it for their service in the Great Crusade.

The space marines, to put it bluntly, were never intended to survive past their usefulness. They were gonna get Thunder Warrior'd eventually, and if the Primarchs didn't accept it there'd be another civil war.

Plus, eventually the Emperor would have turned on the Mechanicus, causing another galaxy-wide civil war.

Even if there's no Horus Heresy, it's inevitable that the Imperium has a massive clusterfuck of a civil war and things get Grimdark.

It wasn't. Yet another promising AU ruined by OC donutsteel primarchs.

I remember that apartments thing. It was a weirdly comfy moment for me - that for all the Emperor's callousness towards his sons, he still somehow wanted everyone to live together as a family.

I mean after 10000 years of eugenics and with an efficient means of transportation wouldn't most of humanity consist of alpha psykers.
And what about Fulgrim with the daemon in the sword dealt with i can see going around the Imperium with his legion being artists and archtects.
What a clean blood angels and Sanguinius do then? Maybe just look really bishi for the fujos?!

>Besides, if Magnus could breach the Webway with Psychic might,
But he couldn't, he needed help from chaos to

>I remember that apartments thing. It was a weirdly comfy moment for me - that for all the Emperor's callousness towards his sons, he still somehow wanted everyone to live together as a family.

It was the one thing he desired dedo down a family.

I like to think the Tau would exist and the Emperor would put a Harrier around the first 50 worlds they colonize and make a little reserve to show humanity how pathetic the Xenos are compared to his galatic expanding empire psychic ubermansch.

An emperor who wants to conquer the entire galaxy and fuck off back to Terra and do nothing but hang out with his kids all the time is the emperor I want to read about.

>Am I getting any closer to those grandkids, Corax?
>Daaaad, I told you I'm focusing on my poetry right now!

*Deep down

Civil War was inevitable either way.

SMs and some Primarchs were going to be put down at the end of the Great Crusade. Most Primarchs would not have went along with this.

Mechanicum is the Mechanicum.

This can't possibly still be canon, is it?

It's weird; I often complain about how the HH told us too much about the Primarchs, and now the lore of the setting revolves around them more then I'd like. But at the same time, I just do not understand the impulse to toss them out every time someone wants to make an alternate version. Makes no sense to me.

>On the subject of humanity awakening it's psychic potential how would the eldar react?
If the Heresy never happens the Eldar would be extinct or nearly extinct outside of a few craftworlds by the time humanity becomes a fully psychic race. Remember the Emperor was still firmly anti-xenos and outright genocidal.

I can see the exodites and most of the craftworld gone, but i've heard somewhere that the Imperium was trying to put the eldar under vassalage though It might have been fanfic.
Also the Dark Eldar would certainly be fucked even with Commorragh being inside the webway.

Cannon as recently as Deliverance Lost

Sure is a lot "I hate Fun" in these posts.

nah, we just hate your kind of fun.

>too fucking lazy to build an army, paint it, and fluff it out
>sits around on a website all day making up new mary sues because working with the already-existing setting is haaaaaaaaaard
>fun
I miss Elf slave wat do.

He will come back one day we gotta believe it.

>>too fucking lazy to build an army, paint it, and fluff it out
Sweet assumption fuck face. I have 1800 points in marines and 2000 in Nids. And that's not counting the armies I'm planning out based on non-AU Veeky Forums homebrews.

>>sits around on a website all day making up new mary sues because working with the already-existing setting is haaaaaaaaaard
Working up a nearly entirely new timeline is vastly harder than simply inserting your snowflakes into the setting. You have to account for all changes and repurcusions therein. We like to make new Primarchs so that we aren't shackled to the rigidity of the OU Primarchs, and have more variables to play around with. And in the case of /w3/, pretty much all the Primarchs are either deeply flawed or are cunts either at their inception or through their character arcs.

>I miss Elf slave wat do.
Your time can't come soon enough.

No Fun wat do

Autism

Let's not fill up thread of a decent conversation about the Primarchs and the 40k general with an argument about whose version of fanfic is better, lads.

Lorgar's Folly is pretty balling if it is a minor thing, just the Word Bearers and one or two others.

As a general rule of thumb, each god should get an equal number of Primarchs as the other. So, unless Angron and Lorgar suddenly lost the potential bromance, Angron's still his. Fulgrim and Magnus are also fucked before anyone can do anything in this timeline. Mortarion could end up in a Dark Angels situation with Typhus being his Luther.

Sounds pretty dope.

I don't think the Emperor would be able to kill the space marine the same as he did with the thunder warriors

A, a poignant and well measured response. Well done, you've done your part in improving board quality to be sure

The human webway would allow the Imperium to be much more centralized and a lot more homogenous the distinct cultures of each planet would be much less pronounced as Terran culture takes hold and terraforming becomes more widespread a galatic paradise mantained this way by the Emperor and Magnus.

This noblebright.

In a case where Horus ends up alone and broken at the head of the Imperium, how would the Emperor end up incapacitated ?
Which Primarchs do you think would be able to overcome him ?
I guess a beefed-out Sanguinius drunk on khorne-juice could do the trick
Ultimately I think it would be several of the traitors going all out on him at the same time

Now a general question:
You are given up to 4 primarchs to defeat the Emperor, which do you pick ?

But i don't want primarch daughters I want them to have imoutos.

Autism

that fucking Angron aftermath... it gives me a manly sad rage boner.

Angron, Russ, Lion and Sanguinius for the sheer deployment of martial prowess and bishounen rivalry involved

Russ
Magnus
Horus
Angron

Meme version replace Horus with Vulkan since he cant die

I think he can, he just doesn't stay that way very long

>Curze
>Lorgar
>Magnus
>Corax
They're gonna kill him with disappointment

If horus hadn't fallen and became Arch-traitor, the title would have gone to somebody else.

Lrogar was already balls deep in Chaos. Kor Phaeron, Erebus, and Typhus were all doing their thing in the background. Angron sure as fuck wasn't gonna play nice with Emps if shit was getting stirred up. Fulgrim was off on his pretentious little excursion and got corrupted all on his own, mostly independent of Horus. And so on.

There's no shortage of shit that could go tits-up even if Horus wasn't part of it.

But without these separate agents would not have common ground to stay together, making the task to eliminate them much more easier.

Okay. Let's play with that. Horus dies on Davin. The Warmaster is lost to the Imperium and the Chaos Gods are a champion short. Major debacle on all sides.

Lorgar is still active, though. Problem is, Lorgar is a dweeb and doesn't quite have the chops to rally a Heresy like Horus could have. There are really only three Primarchs who could gather Legions to them like Horus could: Dorn, Guilliman, and Sanguinius. Personally, I'd say Guilliman is the top candidate, because there's good reason to believe he had already conceived of his Imperium Secundus, at least as a contingency. The problem is to get Guilliman to a point where he'd take up arms against the Emperor. Lorgar should be useful, for this purpose. Say the Word Bearers were either suspected or accused of involvement in causing the Warmaster's death, which isn't really untrue, Lorgar and his Legion marked for capture or eradication after a poorly detailed sequence of events. Guilliman gets suspicious, captures Lorgar, Kor Phaeron or Erebus alive, interrogates them, gets nudged away from loyalism and towards corruption along the way, and at the end of it you have Archtraitor Roboute Guilliman.

Guilliman, Lion, Sanguinius, Horus. Overwhelming strength, de facto control of Ultima Segmentum, still have the benefits of Horus' diplomatic skills combined with Guilliman's logistical genius, Lion's strategic and tactical brilliance, and Sanguinius' inspiring presence.

In T'au the Ethereal supreme enthusiatiscally Falls for further expansion meanwhile the expansion fleet finds a strange phenomena that incapacitates their ships to move pass It.
Suddenly of of hundreds of gigantics ships appear from nowhere in front of the Xenos.
The recordings that reach T'au only screams are heard.

I think it might be easier to do something like Calth, but or less as Gulliman intended. During an attempt to mend bridges, Gulliman gets stuck with the chaos blade and falls Horus style.

This seems somewhat too simplistic. At least you'd need to put Guilly through some Chaos-induced bad future shroom trip, like Horus got.

That would still make replicating Horus' heresy a tall order, simply because Guilliman would not have the authority of the warmaster to nudge the pieces on the board.

On the other hand the loyalist side would be a primarch short, so who knows.

>I mean after 10000 years of eugenics and with an efficient means of transportation wouldn't most of humanity consist of alpha psykers.
It could, I chose to have a small elite because it is more interesting for a setting.

>And what about Fulgrim with the daemon in the sword dealt with i can see going around the Imperium with his legion being artists and archtects.
I can see Fulgrim being part of the "Lorgarian Rebellion", but also that a part of his legion remaining loyal. They could become as you say.

Lorgar would recruit Kurze, Typhus, Fulgrim and Alpharius/Omegon. Mortarion is sacrificed for Typhus to gain power, becoming a martyr. Alph/O become Tzeentch's pets. All of their legions end up with sizable loyalist minorities. Lorgar wants to spread Chaos, not to conquer the Imperium. The result is not exactly a civil war, but a mix of guerrilla and terrorism which isn't as destructive but lasts longer. Kurze is a loner which controls the Maelstrom, while the rest remain at the Eye. Dorn would end up commanding the Segmentum Obscurus, keeping the Phalanx in the Cadia system. Every time they meet, Perturabo demands that Dorn lets him build majestic hive fortresses in Cadia and Dorn: youtube.com/watch?v=LyZv4EghX_I

>What a clean blood angels and Sanguinius do then? Maybe just look really bishi for the fujos?!
Like I said, governing a Segmentum. Conquering it is one thing, now you have to keep and maintain it. He would probably become the ideal in many ways, including beauty.

It somehow seemed appropriate, and the best way he could have ended without bewing claimed by Khorne.

>I always wondered if the Emprah was keeping the Void Dragon for a purpose.
Thursday night bridge.

>It could, I chose to have a small elite because it is more interesting for a setting.

It would be interesting to see the emperor reaction to how slow his planned evolution is occuring.

>He would probably become the ideal in many ways, including beauty.

Fulgrim would get really pissy about this.

For ten thousand years the Imperium has reigned supreme over the galaxy through the legions Astartes and the primarchs the emperor has brought all of the human worlds into the fold of Enlightened Terra.
Logic and reason reign supreme while the worlds of humanity are connected through it's own webway by the power of Magnus in the golden throne of terra who keeps these vital arteries of the Imperium open.
But even the primarchs ,one of the Emperor the greatest works, were still part human and some of them have fallen of his grace.
Through sedition and rebbellion Lorgar had sealed his fate and was put down.
Angron follow suit the nails destroying his mind and brain driving him and his legion to madness.
Konrad paranoia and sadism mant him could not be tolerated in the Emperor new galaxy.
But even with these setbacks humanity has proven it's strength and resilience and now can enjoy the fruits of their labour.

Meanwhile in the warp amidst it's now common calm something started to move.

The Emperor was fucked the moment he thought that making a deal with the Chaos Gods was advisable. He doomed his sons, his planet, his people and himself. Whether it be through the Changeling or other chaos pawns, his plans would be corrupted, and set against him.

Perhaps upon learning what his fate entailed, his will would waver, and he would lash out, closing the webway. Or perhaps he still learns of the betrayal, and does the same.

I mean, the Harrier was a fine plane, but I guess controlling several space sectors is out of its range.

Why kill them? Just put them in stasis or cryogenics just in case something bad happens. Keep some chapters in rotation to put down the mandatory rebellion/ork waaaggh/necron uprising. Wake them up when the Tyrannids knock the door.

definitely full of a bunch of donut steel "oh so clever" primarchs that are just shitty stereotypes of different cultures. Lots of self inserting and fluff that goes no where.

whats fun about fan fiction tier primarchs that are just an amalgamation of someones fantasies and are STILL 30% self insert?

>making a setting where almost everything has already been dreamed up and put on paper, is a lot harder than it sounds guys!

>seriously, I went through two boxes of crayons!

I fucking hate posting on mobile.

As is Veeky Forums tradition. But... who the hell cares?

>Veeky Forums isn't going to be the homogenous board it once was...

literally what. Veeky Forums was never homogenous.

The Emperor's ultimate goal was to withdraw all of mankind to the Webway to starve out the chaos gods, and emerge millions of years later as an ascendant all-psychic race.

>If Horus had not fallen to the ruinous power how noblebright would the 41st millenium be?
First off you need to decide how its is that Horus overcomes his temptations? Is it Magnus talking sense into him? Or does Erebus fail? How far back are we going with this?

This matters because it was Horus who gave the Traitors their direction and focus, but without him there would still be chaos amongst the Primarchs and Imperium. Fulgrim, Lorgar and Angron are still guaranteed to fall. Others like Kurze, Magnus and Perturbo are probably up in the air depending oh when things start. Mort would follow Horus and Alpharius is Alpharius. Not to mention the majority of the Mechanicum that turned on the Imperium.

So things wouldnt be peachy just because Horus doesnt fall. The Emperors plan was still just a risky as ever and if Magnus can ruin the webway project so could Tzeentch whenever he pleased.

Last time I checked, the Emperor was good with nonhostile Xenos. Aggressive expansion for expansion's sake was never his deal and he had no interest whatsoever in genociding Xenos that were no threat to humans. Has HH taken a dump on that too?

>Last time I checked, the Emperor was good with nonhostile Xenos.
Nonsense. The only Xenos the Emperor ever ok were non-sentitent. Seriously when did he ever allow or make deals with an Xeno?

>The Emperor temporarily lessened aggression against xenos foolish enough to lower their guard while he killed more threatening ones

FTFY.

I still like it better, but I'll grant you that you gave it more initial thought than the Dornian Heresy.

Well he dos allowed the eldar to live but it's because they are really slippery fuckers.