Maps Thread: All Varities/Genres Welcome

It's Chill-out Sunday Edition: Post your favorites, from simplistic, to virigin-declaringly detailed. From local cities, towns, roads, waystations, castles, space stations, trenches, forts, underground lairs, bunkers, or star ships.

Feel free to add whatever software choices you guys use to create maps, or modify pre-existing ones.

One I found online with some nice textures:

pyromancers.com/dungeon-painter-online/

Also feel free to post what game you play, or if you just collect

Cross the bridge!

Others around today?

>chill sunday maps
Just found this guy Arlin Ortez. Get ready to be excessively comfy.

*ortiz

Ohhh boy, incoming looks comfy-tastic. actually reminds me of Adventure Time style art

Yeah, folk style stuff usually isn't my jams but something about his understated clutter does it for me.

It's funny, I can't really use these, but I want them all to collect...

They look dope, and I think I could use one for a 1shot or short osr campaign by riffing on all the ruins and weird eyeball temples. But yeah, I think primarily they're a e s t h e t i c objects.

>so comfortable I forgot to attach the file

Inkarnate, lovin it.

My current project start.

>80+ 30 mile hexes
BIG.

What's in the Dead Spot?

>dirt road is ~15 miles wide

it's the LA Freeways of the middle ages

Asking something I asked in the worldbuilding thread without any awnsers

I'm planning on making a map for the hub of my players in a post apocalptic campaign. The place is a stadium reconverted into a bartertwon, probably the biggest in the region. I was wondering if any anons who ever went to a very big stadium knows what room there is besides the fields, changing room and the thousands of rows, what place of interest could I put in the stadium, for instance, in pic related, I have no idea what is inside the big orange structure.

I would also need a software to make the plan for it, what could I use? What I found on the internet was to design house floor or world map, it's quite far from what I am looking for

Well my university's stadium big structure is full of big open rooms for the president's box and college boxes. Of course there's a ton of concession stands too.
The Raven's M&T Bank stadium also had massive ramps up and down the stadium.

Concession Stand might be useful for me to set up various shop. I also plan on making the stadium a huge "thunderdome"
The stadium you mentioned is fucking big holy shit, it's what I was looking for, I can't believe it's this big.
Are the parking lot only on the exterior though? I thought about having a car workshop for the settler inside the structure

dunno yet

yeah scale is off by a good bit right now

put a detective agency with a robot detective

Yeah. When I went to see the Iggles play at M&T all the parking lots were outside and for big spenders. I ended up in a pay garage about a 20m walk away.

A map I made for some of my Age os Sigmar dudes, not really ment to be anything other than to show where they have their base/camp, etc

Did you make these? What software is this?

Definitely the best one of these, all the details are tops. The little egg houses one of shich is on stilts, but they have their own harbor, the three-eyed wolf, the gate into the mountain, the spider emblem, the black gems sticking up out of the earth, the gem temple, the observatory...
Yeah, it all came together in this one.

Yeah. I think its the most composed for sure. Its a bit zoomed out scale wise too so all the stuff going on fits a bit better as a map. I like because it seems usable as a contained game map.

He's prolific as fuck, I think it was for a map-a-day contest.

given how most medieval societies tended to be built, I think you could cut that down to 10-20 mile hexes.

I think.

Thought I was the only one who remembered star wars miniatures. It was pretty fun while it lasted.

you're in luck, I work in a stadium

>stadium control room overlooking seats
>police control room possibly with cell or two
>seating decks
>concourses with bult in kitchens or food stalls
>hospitaliy boxes overlooking pitch
>full industrial kitchens for hospitality lounges
>function rooms
>players section (gym, first aid room, changing rooms, showers/baths, physio suite)
>trophy room
>groundskeeping garages with atvs, tractors, mowers, sunlamps grass seed paint etc
>electrical acessways and under stadium tunnels for plumbing, electricty, pitch heating
>roof acess if outdoors
>gantryways for light and screen acess if indoors
>press boxes and TV coverage rooms
>merchandise store

pic related, suites layout of a large stadium, the smaller ones in the corner face onto the pitch

Gotta love the privacy of that centre bedroom.

Beautiful

Westeros

Middle-Earth

Which of these two maps is more famous today?

lotta kelp going on here

The names were randomly selected from Veeky Forums posts asking them to describe the setting. All the oceans are kelp.

Definitely Westeros. The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit movies didn't really feature the map, whereas the TV show always has the map in the opening.

Westeros. Partly because there are a ton of unanswered questions, like of scale, so people keep talking about it. And it has a way better visual crawl.

Oh, and the islands are just the trunks of giant kelp plants.

Drew these two maps for a DnD 5E module I'm making. Critique, comments, anything helps.

why are there toll booths at each end?

This guy would make the worst tax collector... You realize people travel BOTH ways across a bridge right?

Medieval villages are about a days walk to and back, or closer if terrain prevents fast cart movement.

I like your style. Do you do it all in pen or do you do a rough sketch first?

I missed the old stuff, since it made it more cartographic like

You realize that you'll pass the single toll booth no matter which end you enter from, right?

>Not collecting two tolls from every bridge-crosser
It's like you don't want to be rich

Thanks, and it depends on how ballsy I feel that day lmao. Most of the time, I just draw pencil circles where I want "encounters" to be and connect them with interesting terrain. The Ettin Cave map was all freehand though. You can see where I fucked up in zone 7 and made the walls separate.

Have some Saga Edition.

It will be far from being a Diamond City tier city
Seriously have you see what this shit look like? Garbage everywhere, even inside the houses, and I don't think I'll put the houses on the seats like they did, or at least, just a part of them, there must be room for people to watch the gladiator fight
Fuck I'm lucky to have you anons, that's more than helpful. You americans really don't fuck around with your stadium

service corridors in stadiums are fucking labyrinthine, too
source: had to find a staff room in the stadium on the property I worked at once, got lost for half an hour.

Setting map.

Assumably, a big part of the population would be living in the parking lot or in nearby structures, not in the stadium itself.

Got the perfect place for illegal muties who wants to take control of the place then
I was thinking of having a huge barricade near the parking lots where guards decide who gets in or not, I'll put some sort of refugee camp near it, they absolutly want to get inside because there are some fucked up things outside and the stadium is a stronghold with every ressources you might need
Also forgot to ask, is there the same kind of structure on every corner of the stadium? I guess there is another entrance on the oposite side

>I was thinking of having a huge barricade near the parking lots where guards decide who gets in or not
I'd say that's more important for the actual stadium, which I imagine would be the fortified hub part, the one where people come to trade or work rather than merely live. It could also be used as, well, a fortification, where the townsfolk go in case of raid or whatever dangers your setting has.

In case you need a map for blue apocalypse/ post-apocalypse.

The stadium itself is a self functionning city (roughly a thousand people), controlled by an ancient raiders band who saw the opportunity to do more than pillaging and killing. I think I'll make people live around the stadium, but the life outside of it is absolutly horrible compared to the life inside the stadium where people find safety and plenty of ressources. Outsiders can get in but they can't live there unless they gain citizenship (which is given if you are useful to the community, mechanics,doctor and farmers are in demands here, but proving yourself in the arena might allow some people to obtain the citizenship)
The fields serve as an arena for gladiator fight (sometimes against mutated beast) but also as a place to barter for outsiders and travelling merchants, the richest merchant have their own shop where the concession stands where

I intend to have the game take place in america but I don't know in which states and city.

Anyone got hex grid (or gridless) battlemaps? Modern would be best, but I'll take anything.

So..small...map for ants status...

It's hardly that small - it's legible to me on mobile

Another picture for my dudes

Very comfy, but shame on you for wasting it on AOS

Why am I wasting it? Are you so used to not using any creativty of your own to make your own little slice in a setting

relaaax. it was a joke. I think we can all appreciate good work when we see it, no matter where it's applied.

The playing field being used for gladiator fights honestly sounds retarded
It could be cultivated and provide a valuable walled-in source of food in case of siege, and dedicating such a large, arable space of your hold to a brutal pasttime that threatens to drastically reduce your population is really not a smart move
If you're hell-bent on having thunderdome gladiators, have them fight in a dedicated spot in the seating area, and don't forget to use the bodies to make compost

My recent one here as well, it's a closeup on the Bullgor Hills

This was from a random generator some user posted a while back.

Question: how obvious is too obvious when it comes to references?

Say I have a castle
I say it's at a crossing of the river Traf.
I say it's one of the largest and most powerful castles in the kingdom - the largest non-royal castle, in fact.
I say it contests territory with both prominent local lords and the invader-castle (think crusader castle) of a wealthy eastern kingdom.
I say it's the ancestral castle of the McFergus clan.
I say that the clan's great hero was Alexander.
And that their banners are red.

lol, depends if you're playing with history buffs.
Why not just change the names, and details? It's your fantasy game... Just name the name from Alexander to...I don't know Roofus or something

>history buffs
That one wouldn't count as history, surely?

What I'm asking is at what point does it go from "eh? oh, I get it" to "this is blatantly obvious and you're kind of taking the piss"

I probably wouldn't give all that information at once, if that helped

Another example, same type: A fortress at St Ann's Field - blatant and dumb, or just right, for a reference?

>"this is blatantly obvious and you're kind of taking the piss"
I don't think that's even a possibility.
I don't think anyone even cares if you completely ripoff a real place verbatim.
So if just to satisfy your own sake you can change one aspect of it you'd be totally fine.