Army builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Previously on /aosg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!VmhRlYiQ!l4M4HDjM6Yyokw9ToF1RC6je5SHkSJa1RrLSnWz8Ep0
mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the great Corruptor yes-yes!!!

Okay so, new player question again. lord of war, crown of conquest, formations... where are all these defined? I haven't seen these terms anywhere before and I've been digging through the GHB17 I just got. Sigmar seems to pop out tons of little random things that seem important and I have a lot of trouble finding documentation on them.

Am I missing some other important book? I got the 4 page rules and the GHB but there's still lots that I apparently dont have

Been thinking about making a Death army. Don't currently play AoS but I really like the aesthetic of Skeletons and Ghosts - less so into zombies and vampires. Is this a good idea Y/N?

LoW and CoC are under the chaos allegiance abilities. Formations are just force organizations that give the units in them a bonus, and allows you a second artifact

>Okay so, new player question again. lord of war, crown of conquest, formations... where are all these defined?
General's Handbook and battletomes. The general grand alliance abilities are listed in general's handbook as "allegiance abilities order/chaos/destruction/death". Some battalions are placed in the GHB17 too but usually you should look after them in battletomes

Calling it in for the rats

As much as I love me some rats I think it's time to take back the HOLDS

Deathrattle and NHs got new cheap boxes. NHs also have allegiance abilities now. Sadly, you can't ally them so choose wisely mate

Ah I see them now. They are in that D6 table. Do people typically just play with whatever choice or do people actually roll at the start of the game to pick the trait/artefact?

Anyone know where I can get a pdf of grand alliance Chaos? I don't want to buy the book and rules are no longer free.

What's a common build for undead?

Have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer:

- Are there any stat changes for units, or are changes mostly points?

- Stormfiends are listed as being changed, but I see no difference from them in the first generals handbook

- I keep hearing that clanrats are made much worse now, but I see no reason why. Can someone explain?

Fuck Ironbreakers and fuck the Treacherous Old Gods.

For what purpose would you need a grand alliance book?

Now their bravery makes them run more since you can only take one crown of conquest and they didn't get the strength in numbers ability.

So I could have the warscrolls and battalions for all the chaos units without battletomes.

>When your army qualifies for more than
one allegiance you must choose which allegiance your army will
use before you set up any units. The allegiance you choose will
apply forthe duration of the battle, even if you add new units to
the army during the battle that have a different allegiance.

Why do we need allies if we can do this ? Cant we just use whatever allegiance we want if we have at least one unit with that allegiance in our army ?

what said

Warscrolls for like, clanrats, stormvermin, skaven warlords, etc. If you try to get them on the GW website now its just the ammend page that says to use the warscrolls for clanrats, stormvermin and warlords...

I just looked at the new points tables and Vargheists are battleline for Soulblight and that's kinda neat. Soulblight can also ally with both DR and NH so maybe that's not so bad. I thought the only way to do a SB army was for Blood Knights which I hate. Thanks user.

Considering how deathrattle is likely more popular than NH and they have actual leadership, they'll probably be getting a battletome sooner thanlater

All units need to share an allegiance though, to use the allegiance abilities. But if you included units without the same keyword, you couldn't use the abilities. Allies bypass this, so the core army can still pick an allegiance.

For example, say you had a full StD army. If you added a Bullgore (without allies being a mechanic) you wouldn't be eligible to use the StD allegiance abilities. But with allies, you have 200-400 points to spend on units from outside your allegiance, yet still on a list of allowed armies, to add without breaking the allegiance.

rather expensive army money wise but Im planning to start collecting this army.

Cauldron Of Blood (200)
Cauldron Of Blood (200)
Tenebrael Shard (120)

30 x Witch Aelves (270)
30 x Witch Aelves (270)
20 x Witch Aelves (200)
Death Hag (60)

5 x Doomfire Warlocks (160)
5 x Doomfire Warlocks (160)
3 x Bloodwrack Medusae (360)

Total: 2000/2000

aw, that ruined how i wanted to play my army....
Why cant i just add some cannons and a magican to my free people army without giving up on the sweet new rules ?

Freeguild can ally with collegiate arcane and ironweld, so yeah. You have 200 points at 1k and 400 at 2k.

Should I left this list as it is or drop the Saurus Scar-Veteran and use the Saurus Oldblood (120) and a unit of 20 skinks (120) instead? I can always asseble one Carnosaur kit as Troglodon (180) but I will end up with 60 unused points. I'm just using 2x SC box with Skink Oracle converted as Skink Starpriest

Heroes
Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)
- General
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
- War Spear
Skink Starpriest (80)

Battleline
20 x Saurus Warriors (200)
- Spears
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
- Seraphon Battleline
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
- Seraphon Battleline

Total: 1000/1000

What a good choice for starting Disciples of Tzeentch for 1k-1.5k points?

Tomb Kings NK spam

The couldren of bloods ability stacks
Take another one

yeah, but isnt enough for what i planned....
Damn rules, wont let me have any fun by taking the fun away from others...

I didnt know

Is a mixed skaven army with the chaos allegiance rules good?

Just run them as generic order and take the command trait that lets you ignore battleshock
Pile all your crossbowmen, pistoliers and rockets around your general and a hurricanum, bubblewrapped by a giant block of swordsmen
Aint nobody getting through

how can degenerats even compete?

No, because you have to base it on verminus. They just lost their basic battalion and two most important abilities. I'm not implying they are unplayable but I wouldn't pick them as competitive army - for casual games they should be okay

t. Mixed-skaven player

Not any more. Wait for Verminous book, or play Skryre/Pestilens with allies.

that would also work, but it wouldnt be the same.
i think i will take a nap and come back once i have accepted that i cant always have what i want

Then play Open or Narrative.

Disciples of Tzeentch any good as a first army? Love the minis? Also some arguments to get some friends into AoS? Really wanna play the game with friends and would like compelling arguments.

That sucks. Why would they nerf them like that?
Also, is a Verminus book ever actually coming out?

By blowing up a moon and effectively fucking over your leadership

no one at my store does that though

They didn't. It's perfectly fine to play a Verminus army using the Chaos Allegiance rules. You still get LoW and CoC so it works out great. This thread just wants to bitch and moan because their cheesy WAACfag shit can't work in tournament play anymore. Skaven are still perfectly acceptable and competitive

Preferably factions than still exist please.

>You still get LoW and CoC so it works out great
>on 3+ and 5+
Yeah, it works perfectly fine
Listen me mate. Do you want to play tournaments and shit? If yes then mixed-skaven is not your thing. If you want to play casual games with friends then play with anything you find cool. My skaven list was slightly better than casual but now is mediocre at best. Praying for a single 5+ roll is not something that I want to do but I'm not gonna burn my models like salty fantasyfags. Just grab as many WLC as you can use and accept the fact that verminus units are no longer your offensive force but they new role is to spam the board and block your enemy as long as you can to snipe his/her shit with cannons and engineers

their new role*

I friend of mine run Manfred or Neferata with 3 Archaï units, one of blood knights and a few skeleton blobs.

Compared to verminus and skryre, how are pestilens this edition?

Bump

Can anyone upload a copy of the old Skaven compendium pdf? I don't want to buy another book to start an army.

Useless as ever. Shit heros, shit battlelines, shit tactics

Go to OP pastebin and try one of the megalinks

Here ya go dude:
mega.nz/#!VmhRlYiQ!l4M4HDjM6Yyokw9ToF1RC6je5SHkSJa1RrLSnWz8Ep0

Are there no pdfs of grand alliance books?

Why??

mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0
here you go user

Why the fuck is the Mourngul 400 points?

Because there is no digital version of them - people are not willing to buy a book, cut it and scan every single page
He was not asking about GHB mate

Pretty good desu. With the bravery buff from the battle traits, and a furnace, a 30 monk block will have 12 bravery. This and putting a liber and master of rot and ruin on the furnace (best small game general) with a few other priests about gives you a ton of prayers, for which the roll of 6 triggers a nasty plague. Corruptors haven't changed much. Censers are still shit. Plague claws are good for a foulrain list where the priest is the general and has architect of death.

Why is a vampire on a dragon 440 points?

Not even if you ask nicely?

Because heroes in AoS are fucking useless?

You might be playing a different game user

Am I doing it right? First Age of Sigmar list, because I got a Ironjawz Megaboss as a gift and decided to pick up a "Start collecting: Ironjawz" box to go with it.

-Ironjawz Megaboss

-Ironjawz Warchanter x 2

-Ironjawz Shaman

-Black orc Big Boss

-Ardboyz (20-man unit)

-Ironjawz Brutes x4 (4x 5-man units)

-Ironjawz Gore-Gruntas (6-man unit)

Are handgunners still battleline? Please god say yes

>980/1000 points
>literally impossible to take anything more without overflow
How are you supposed to round your list up to the last point if you cannot take just a couple extra models for a unit or a cheap item for some hero, or add a command group, etc?

Find an ironfist battalion and build your army around it

20 points is not a big deal.

Because there is no digital version of them - people are not willing to buy a book, cut it and scan every single page

I just want the warscrolls, shame there isn't even like pictures though..

I've been thinking of making a slaanesh 1k army with the Lord on demonic mount as a sort of tarpit general. I know hellstriders work well with him but I'd like some other mortal slaanesh unit. Ive been looking at chosen on foot but they feel too slow. Any ideas?

so that he has the artefacts and traits for a GA Chaos army

Yes, so are greatswords and demigryph knights with free peoples allegiance

just google the name of the battalion you need user

Don't worry about it. Don't you get to roll on some special table if you have less points than your opponent anyways?

You can literally find those on the website and in the app. Another reason why nobody scans the grand alliance books, they hardly contain unique content

Black Orc Boss is no longer legal.

But those are in the General's Handbook.

WHY the fuck is the free guild general on Griffin ***260*** points

It was undercosted at 300

It's price reduction fully pays for the increase in price of the battalion

Also 130 point outriders are almost viable

Huh. Well I guess he's getting replaced by a 2nd weirdnob shaman.

I confess that this "list" was built with the rather wonky GW "warscroll" builder.

>You can literally find those on the website and in the app
Stop forcing this meme. Most of the warscroll battalions are paid on the app

What are the rules of SCreaming Bell.

It isn't on the website

The GW warscroll builder is perfectly fine, you just have to know what are you doing. Also the point values on the builder are not updated yet

The Bone Zone. Blobs of skeleton warriors with a With King using it's Infernal Standard and a Necromancer or two using their unique spell. Hardy and deadly list.

>go to OP
>find a megalink in the pastebin
>download the old skaven compendium
Here you go

Did you forget that we went to space? In our GLORIOUS golden temples?

Is that official GW approved?

It WAS until the GHB17 release. I see no "new" rules for the bell. Hell, we don't even know if the old ones are still usable or not

>warscroll builder still not updated
Ah yes, very professional

Are you perhaps stupid?

Chaos knights?

? So the old compendium rules ar ethe same as GA: Chaos rules, correct?

Yeah that is what I figured!

It's still the newest version of the warscroll.

Is it a good idea to run the Firelance Starhost with 5-model units?

Heroes
Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)
- General
Skink Starpriest (80)

Battleline
20 x Saurus Warriors (200)
- Spears
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
- Seraphon Battleline
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
- Seraphon Battleline
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
- Seraphon Battleline

Battalions
Firelance Starhost (110)

Total: 970/1000

Can't. Theyre print-only. Goes for all the GA books.

I want to go with full arachnospam in AoS. Got new ally box with big spider and 10 small ones, and one box of 10 small ones. What should I aim for 1k? 2 Big ones and fill as much smaller as possible?

Not anymore.
A lot of the new scenarios need higher model count.
You can have 5 knights sitting on an objective, 1 unit of 20 skeles or rats run in, steal/destroy the objective, and flee.
Your dudes don't even need to get attacked and they wouldn't be able to kill them fast enough.

1 big spider with a shaman, 1 big boss, and 3 groups of small spiders is good. Just keep in mind that mortal wound spam on spiders isn't as good as it used to be with the changes to Bellowing Tyrant and Battle Brew.

I perfected it.

>light armor
Greatswords wear the best armor purchasable by man