Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1703:Breeding Superior Waifus Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dc.wikia.com/wiki/Starheart
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do mundane societies react to your weird magic pets, /jc/?

Since last thread sold me on summoning her, what jumps would Jalter like visiting?

>Having to stand on a stool.

Cute.

>Bullshit. Most reincarnations do start as babies, taking over another person is a subset of that but is much rarer.
I have read a lot of Isekai and there have been way more reincarnate as another person; usually the failed son of a noble family, a street rat, or an alternate version of the MC from the world they are going to. Most commonly when the person who they are "reincarnating" as has also had a near death experience, well actually a proper death but since the MC takes their place it seems like a near death experience. Not as common as the first three but still prevalent is fat otaku reincarnation, where the MC reincarnates as a fat otaku and has to use his cheat ability to put their new life in order.

There are a fuck ton of these types of stories and they vastly outweigh the ones where the MC starts as an actual baby, and the ones that do start them out as an actual baby almost universally relegate infancy to a time skip.

Generic Isekai is officially banned from the drive until we get the Cheats limited to a reasonable degree. Don't post builds for now, as it's likely to undergo heavy revision.

Ok, so I have the scenario's for the Lantern jump mostly mapped out along with their rewards. I have a few ideas for origins, races and what not but one part of it is done and just needs to be fluffed out later.

Stahp Timmeh, just stahp.

Angry goth teen? She's adore the Sister of Battle in Warhammer. You could also take her to Forgotten Realms and roam around the Underdark with her. Or you could take her to Borderlands and let her have fun running around in leather and blowing things up with Tiny Tina.

She's probably enjoy the Heathers Musical too. If only because she'll be able to sing while she murders. Oh! And Black Lagoon. She would fit in with all the other nuts there.

Shitposting isn't gonna solve anything. If anything it'll cause him to double down. Softanon needs to be talked to not yelled at.

Lantern Jump?

Mhmm, laid a claim on a Comic Lantern jump a few threads ago.

Have a build user. I ignored drawback limits for your convenience.

Reborn
Mystic Beast (Divine Dragon) 800
A Hero's Title 700
A Hero's Light 100
Accustomed free
Regretful -100
Perceptive -400
Protagonist's Charm -500
Protagonist's Luck -600
Upgrade free
Skill Sharing -1000
Limit Break -1400
Empty Frame -1600
The System -2000
Robe of Disguise free

A Full Life +0
A Fragile Life +0
Stranded 100
Phobia (Claustrophobia) 300
Sealed 500
Marked (Heavenly Realm) 700
Monstrous Monsters 1000
The Gods are Dicks 1300
The Holy Son 1600
The Nigh End 2000

I have died and reincarnated as a divine dragon, through the actions of the gods, though I do not of know this at first (The Gods are Dicks, Stranded). My birth was heralded by vast amounts of light illuminating the earth, and it is thus known that I hail from the realms of heaven to bring good to the people (Marked, The Holy Son). To fulfill this purpose, I was granted a great many powers by the gods above, in order to combat the power of the monsters that roam this world (Monstrous Monsters). But my real purpose will only come to light after 95 years have passed, and the world seems close to collapse (The Nigh End). I despise enclosed spaces, as dragons are meant to thrive in the sky, and not in the dark underground (Phobia). Furthermore, any powers gotten from outside of this jump are disabled for the duration of my stay here (Sealed).

Build incoming. Reverse_Psychology_user you fiend!

Not him but I really liked the way you wrote that with putting the drawbacks in your little story.

Oh, momma likes!

This type of Lantern or something else?

>Breeding Superior Waifus
Jumpchain in a Nutshell

Yeah, that type.

Honestly for Lanterns race plays almost zero part. Sure you got a sentient math equation & a planet. However for most part they're all humanoid or humanoidish. I wouldn't introduce any races like Daxamites/Kryptonians or the likes.

Nah, I'm not but for races I was thinking something like Manhunter or something or I might just not do them.

To be fair, one of the strongest Lanterns is a daxamite, and rings are bullshit enough that the race could be offered without unbalancing the jump, especially considering their godawful weakness.

So, here's my goal /jc/. I want Scathlach as my demi-servant, and JAlter and SAlter as my servants. How do I go about making this happen in a manner that maximizes fun and profit?

Manhunter could be interesting.

Yup, it's official. Softanon is deliberately dodging any questions aimed at him. I refuse to believe that he would answer exactly 1 question and then go offline, especially without mentioning that he'd go away.

Just go on the discord and ask him.

Yup, it's official. You're a whiny shit.

I refuse to go their on principle. Can anyone go check if he's online?

I get that you're shitstirring, but you're also not wrong.

Sorry if it sounded like that, but I'm not trying to shitposter. I'm just legitimately mad that Softanon doesn't even have the balls to answer questions about his own damn jump.

>What, you couldn't already?
>That pic
Heh, some skillbooks would be fun to read instead of just using for their special effect.
Or make some bullshit "Laser Eyes for Beginners" training manual that looks like it's written by a 5th grader with stuff like.

And then use your special ability to stack a use of an actual eye power on it. Someone will flip through it, actually be able to go what at says, and NO ONE will have any idea why or how.

One of those "It worked because he didn't know it wasn't supposed to" things.

>Could we get gatekeeper back as a generic cheat or something?
I would like to request this also. Probably by something like
said
>add a perk magical affinity/talent perk to each origin. Summoned could get Gatekeeper/Space, Gamer could get Pause/Time, and Reborn could get Music of the Spheres/Gravity.

>Why have you made Skill Books so much better than Skill Sharing?
Instead of bitching about Skill Books being treated like they actually work in many Isekei, why aren't you suggesting ways to improve Skill Sharing? Like specifying that the one skill you can gain from another person is gained at their level, not level one? Or that when you share skill with someone, not only do they gain all your skills at full level temporarily, you gain theirs as well? This sounds like abully attempt, not a suggection.

>I think it's a shitty power grab
>You need to nerf the Cheats. This isn't negotiable
>Generic Isekai is officially banned from the drive until we get the Cheats limited to a reasonable degree.
This is why build breaking complaints to to jumps that suddenly pop up after a week of no problems are suspicious. It's almost like an user noticed they were able to yell loud enough to cheats doubled in price by fixating on it in one thread, and now are trying to tank the entire jump by way of bullying and make sure SoftAnon will be biased against everything being said.

If you weren't trying to stir shit, my bad. I do agree though that he's deliberately ducking hard questions. That's not good.

Yep. This is what happens when you let Val's bullshit go on uncontested. Newer jumpmakers see it happen, become hubristic, and think that they can behave that way just cuz she can.

Grab Jalter in Fate/Zero, Gilles' reaction will be priceless.

All jumps have been officially banned from the drive until all jumps are like I want them to be to a reasonable degree. Don't post any builds for now, as it's likely to undergo heavy revision.

Explain

What are you talking about? Val responds to questions all the time, even if she just tells you to look at the archives or to fuck off.

Is there such a thing as too many waifus?

Are you Brutus because if not that's not your call.

Then keep whining and wasting your time, then. If you're not gonna put in the effort to get an answer, you're not gonna get one.

Yes, but that problem can be solved by yet more waifus.

>Instead of bitching about Skill Books being treated like they actually work in many Isekei, why aren't you suggesting ways to improve Skill Sharing? Like specifying that the one skill you can gain from another person is gained at their level, not level one? Or that when you share skill with someone, not only do they gain all your skills at full level temporarily, you gain theirs as well? This sounds like abully attempt, not a suggection.
Honestly, the best way to fix the dispariyt between Skill Sharing and Skill Books would be to let Skill Sharing copy more than one skill per person. You can already get unlimited skills from basically anyone if you can see them, and hand out literally everything, every power, every perk you have to companions. The fact that all skills gained or shared through it are at lvl 1 doesn't matter all that much with all the learning perks we have. Basically, as I see, Skill Sharing is inferior in all aspects.

The discord isn't part of the Jumpchain community. Everything that is legitimately part of it is in the opening post. If Softanon wants to hide in the Discord like a little bitch, fine, but don't act like people should go there just to get answers or clarifications about the jump.

>Not regular Janne for maximum healing

Skill Books was simultaneously made worse and better than before just to fit in this powergrabby idea of "powers count as skills". It's useless for sharing real skills anymore, the more typical way it /actually/ works in Isekai, because they all start at "base level". All to permit this silly powersharing/copying bullshit.

Then go answerless and suffer from your entitled pride.

What if I add the Discord to the OP?

Then we might as well just delete the Generic Isekai jump. If Softanon can't handle acting like an actual jumpmaker, why should he be treated as such?

Then you're a vandal.

Can we get an age roll?

Jalter is basically Gilles wish waifu. Like his erection could not be larger if Jalter told him she hates god and wants revenge.

OK. Will we get more power?

Ah, you're a shitposter instead of someone with a legitimate complaint. Got it.

Then I and many other anons will shitpost you into oblivion, and it'll get removed next thread.

Better than a shitposter

No, I'm not shitposting. I'm just fucking done with this shit. If people have actual questions, and Softanon is present, as he was proven to be, it's his responsibility as a jumpmaker to either answer them or at least mention that he doesn't have time at the moment and will do so at a later date. Just ignoring them altogether simply makes me despise him. Even fucking mib answered questions.

>Been posting the same question for 3-4 threads
>Softanon never responds to me

Behold the superiority of cowtits.

I would rather DPS or Tank Janne so I can feed her mana when she needs it.

There better be an option to be best lantern

Go ask him yourself. He's on the discord right now. Why should I do it for you? Just to shut you up? I have better things to do than to cater to some rando.

If you don't want to answer questions, don't post jumps with a name or trip.

That's not unreasonable.

hur dur dur

Yeah, there is gonna be something for Alan Scott. Not sure how to handle it though... maybe just the Starheart Ring as an item that replaces your regular ring? Not a clue.

Alright, so Gilles already has a huge obsession with Jeanne, to the point where he practically worships her. Her death seriously fucked him up, and led to his corruption. In GO, his obsession is potent enough that it creates Jalter in the first place, his own twisted image of what Jeanne would want/be like.

Now, with that in mind, imagine taking Jalter to Fate/Zero. Gilles reaction to seeing Jeanne, especially a Jeanne that acts like what he would envision, would be...well, to say he would be 'happy' is a vast understatement.

Try doing Drop-In for Alan Scott if you haven't anything for drop-in.

Let's go AvP this shit here.

Year: 2004
Alien (Xenomorph) [100] YESSS.
Queen - Upgrade [200] I lead my brood.
>perks:
They’re Coming Out Of The Walls! [Free] Hidey time.
Spatter [Free] This seems like it'll be hilarious.
In Space... [100] Seems good. Suprise!
Structural Perfection [100] This is really, really nice.
Eyeless Stare [200] Always take the Sensory Boosts.
I Admire Its Purity [200] Cool. Yanderes get more yandere.
Metamorphosis [300] MOAR ALTFORMS!
>hive builder:
Hive [Free]
Hive Size x4 [200] 160 rooms. Sounds respectable, but I... have no real idea how big this would be.
Camouflaged Hive [50] Office building? Maybe an appartment complex.
Secondary Tunnels [50] Gotta have a way for the facehuggers to get around.
Reinforced Resin [100] Also gotta be structurally sound. As a bonus, this upgrades me and the other 'morphs.
Climate [100] Seems good. Air-conditioning.
Nest Chamber [200] 50 Respawning xenomorph eggs. This seems like a terrible idea to give to a jumper.
>companions:
The Princess [100] Xenomorph little sister. Good. Now how do I give her a human-hybrid altform...
>drawbacks:
I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead [+0] Mhm.
A More Familiar Time [+0] Bouvetoya, Antarctica.
Imprisoned [+100] Well. Wonder if they get any special ability to hold me?
A Long Way From Home [+200] Aaand space travel's gonna suck
Glitchy [+100] Sure. Robots don't like me.
The Great Hunt [+300] Bring it.
Jumpalien [+300] Oookay. This thing... really, really needs to be put down. Right the fuck now.

Soo... does anyone have any approximation how big a building with 160 rooms would actually be? How about if I quadruble it to 640 rooms?

Totally agree with that.

To waifus! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems ...

You can't summon rulers for the Fuyuki wars, right?

Huh. So isn't this Giles guy Caster? Servants can summon Servants?

As to the other part, yeah I can see how that'd be hilarious. Of course I imagine he'd be all manners of assmad if she was loyal to someone else and wouldn't give him the time of day.

>It's useless for sharing real skills anymore
Riiight.
No can make skill books of thinks like your Sword skills, or math, or cooking. That just start at level one like everything else
This was always how it worked user, a skill book for swordsmanship never made you a master swordsman right out of the gate.

Your a jumper, why the fuck not?

You can get his powerset in DC Magic. Its not as powerful as Alan Scott. Seeing how HE IS STARHEART practically.

Well DC Occult has a Star Heart item for 800cp
It is just a Shard and not the full thing but it is still pretty powerful and doesn't need recharging like the Lantern Corps rings

You might want to check that out for Ideas on how to handle it as well as the wiki entry on the Starheart itself dc.wikia.com/wiki/Starheart

Fixed the thing with Drop-Ins 200CP perk, and tried to improve the description of Crocodilian.

Dunno, isn't the grail war in fuyuki different from the one in apocrypha?

Hey Nika, I remember you were asking for Wadanohara suggestions last thread, so here's a few for you to look at:
>a perk for being as good of a backstabbing, manipulative fuck as Sal
>a perk for breaking curses, like the one Sal put on Wadanohara when he tried to assault her the first time
>a drawback/scenario where you are one of Wadanohara's familiars and have to help her get the True Ending
>a drawback for losing your mind like a certain princess did

In Grand Order he was summoned and then given the Grail to do stuff because he's a crazy psycho that wants to see France burn. He used the Grail to summon the Jeanne inside his head which is Jeanne Alter. Together the two of them spread destruction far and wide, along with a bunch of servants and dragons and shit. The Grail is what allowed all the summoning and stuff.

In this case, him being mad probably wouldn't happen. He's meeting Jeanne, a Jeanne that is all "Fuck France" "Fuck God". She'd have her old attachment to him since he was her loyal second in command. Even if you got her to kill him, which she'd probably do since Grail War and all, he'd in all likelyhood die happy.

He died happy in Zero just because Seibah's Excalibah blast reminded him of Jeanne.

It's possible for Servants to summon Servants, but that usually requires being good enough at magic to fuck with the Grail system (Gilles is not). What happens in GO is that with all the timeline fucking he ended up with a fully primed Grail all for himself. Which he then used to make Jalter.

>This was always how it worked user
No, it wasn't. There was a point where it was actually useful for sharing skills. Now it's not. A skill at base level is not a skill at all. Sharing your sword skills with someone is pointless because the "base level" for swording is knowing which is the pointy end. Base skill for martial arts is not falling the fuck over. Alternatively, the base skill is the simple shit you could teach someone in hours, days at most. It's now completely worthless except for sharing and copying powers, which is a feature it should have never had in the first place.

>Servants can summon Servants?
In FGO, the Grails in singularities do wacky shit

Real skills are learnable abilities, user. Skill Books in Isekai tend to impart learnable abilities. The point of skills is that everyone starts at level one already, as soon as you try something, and you learn to progress further. Getting to a certain point is what makes them useful or impressive.

skill books always start a skill at level 1. The trick is that yes, you could get a skill book for basic sword skill. It'll be at level 1. You could also get a book of an advanced sword skill that requires you to have a certain level of basic swording as prerec. That skill book would start you at level 1 of the advanced skill. You would need either that book or a teacher to learn the advanced skill. With that skill book cheat, getting a book is easy, getting a teacher is far more complicated. Especially if the only teacher you can find is a shit teacher.

Maybe but once again screw the rules, nothing in the jump doc says you can't. So go nuts

Also a ruler was summon in Apocrypha's third Fuyuki war.

What's a good jump to be a smith in? I kinda wanna just do that for a couple of millennia. I've got a drawback for the time extension already, just need a good jump to actually make use of it.

Monster Hunter laugh as all the Hunters run around one shotting dalamandurs.

>Does it seem to anyone else that Softanon is avoiding answering questions about the jump?
I noticed this too. He dropped the last two updates right before a thread ended and went silent soon after. I hope is just because he is a new jumpmaker and not anything intentional. The more experienced ones post updates when they are going to have time interact with the thread in real time, and can make any suggested changes they like rather quickly.

Or they say thay are going to be offsite or sleeping up front, and will check the thread for responses when they get back. I think he may be a bit overwhelmed because a jump he took up on a lark turned out to be a S rank popularity jump, and not the fire and forget one he was expecting it to be.

Partly because if the wish fulfillment feelings the Isekai Genre evokes (One I like had the Protag as a Lv 310 person where mortals being lv 50 is exceptional, because he panicked and one shotted the local dragon god with Very Limited Use Starter Spell meant to help newbies out of a tight spot when he first entered the world) It's a slice of life story about him mainly having fun since he is way above the world's intended encounter level

And Partly because SoftAnon did a good job with the initial setup. The cheat section really fit the genre, with the protag having special qualities to give him an edge.

SoftAnon, if you are reading this, don't stop polishing the jump! I think it could be one of the Gold Standard iconic ones, like Sword & Sorcery, Worm, PS238, or Infernals.

Really? Then me and Robert E. Lee are ready to bring some real neutrality and order to the fourth holy grail war.

I wanna stay anonymous and not start any shit here, so no pics. Logs are saved on Discord, so people can check themselves if they want to. Anyway: Softanon has already said that he isn't planning on answering questions or really change anything in the jump. So what you have now is basically the final version.

>a perk for being as good of a backstabbing, manipulative fuck as Sal

Noted for Red Sea Denizen

>a perk for breaking curses, like the one Sal put on Wadanohara when he tried to assault her the first time

This is a good idea, thank u.

>a drawback/scenario where you are one of Wadanohara's familiars and have to help her get the True Ending

That's a drawback! You get Wadanohara if you complete it.

>a drawback for losing your mind like a certain princess did

I'll think about it.

>Logs are saved on discord but most people can't get on the discord.

On an aside is he posting the final version to the drive for Brutus to assess or no. I dont want to keep it tabbed forever.

And a Level 1 skillbook is literally worthless unless you have Gamer-esque bullshit to inexplicably "level" it up. And no, you can't get "advanced skills". You "copy" their skill in its totality and distilling it down to that worthless "base level" no matter what. The POINT of the perk was initially to allow you to teach someone your skills. It doesn't allow that anymore because a skill at level 1 isn't your or anyone else's worthwhile ability, it's the generic basics that someone could learn in an hour. It's now just for gaining powers you otherwise wouldn't have, and little else.

>There was a point where it was actually useful for sharing skills.
>skill books always start a skill at level 1.
But it is? Level 1 is competent use. A pilot airplane skill makes you a competent pilot, just not a super experienced one. A sword skill makes you a fully trained swordsman, just not a master one.

Level one is not Rank beginner, it is someone who could actually make a living with that skill.

Marvel magic has best blacksmithing stuff

>I dont want to keep it tabbed forever.
Just fucking download it. How hard is that?

Well, the supplement lists the classes you can pick. Ruler isn't amongst them.

Could always use the Personalised Class Name option to rename another class to 'Ruler'. But you can't actually summon a Ruler.

I've got all the stuff I'm just looking for the best place to use it. Like I want to be the ancient smith that everyone know about but no one knows where I am. So I just walk about the planet and occasionally make things if I feel like someone is worthy of the items.

>Softanon has already said that he isn't planning on answering questions or really change anything in the jump.
Does he not know removing things from a jump is unnecessary and causes problems? Gatekeeper didn't really fit as a cheat, but several people did take it when it was 200 CP to be talented at dimensional magic, and have it right out of the gate.