Suc

What's the most unironic edgy thing you did during one of your runs?

Other urls found in this thread:

fantasynamegenerators.com/backstory-descriptions.php#.WaNEKiiGPIU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver-Eating_Johnson
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ate the legs of a still living person as a torture method.

Made an elf ranger with humans as a chosen enemy.

I've played, like, 2 torture-focused characters

I described what I did

Baited gods into traps and murdered them. This was only possible because I was an edgy dnd wizard abusing soul rules and gods weren't Omniscient. Originally it was just a wizard cult that thought outsiders should be subservient because reasons scribbled in as a background note, but it evolved over the course of 20 levels into some weird Death Note tier edge.

Turned on the party and made an unironic anime monologue about how my suffering was so much greater than their own, before going full Phyrexia and becoming the new antagonist.

Was fun. I don't know why everyone gets so hung up on whether they're being edgy or not to be honest, as long as you stay true to character there's a lot of joy to be had in just being cheesy as fuck.

What led to this?

Telekinetically puppeted a still living person using him as a mouthpiece and baited his friends into disintegrating half of his body.

Called in an orbital strike that killed thousands of our allies an innocent civilians as collateral

Chaotic Neutral Lizardman caught someone who stole coin from him and wanted to know where his boss was hiding. He didn't want to tell, so I ate his legs.

It was during a Shadowrun session during a convention. For some reason we kidnapped the skate-wave singer we were supposed to protect (probably we wanted to extort a ransom from her manager). Anyway, many rapes, forced drug injections and torture sessions followed in order to break her will. Things didn't turn out as we planned (we didn't got the ransom or the manager didn't care because a new star was already rising), so we kept as per her chained in the basement, until we were forced to destroy our hideout.

I played a character who was a freakish looking albino mutant that used illusions and subtle mental influence to appear to his friends as a handsome travelling entertainer for an entire campaign.

A minor villain dispelled his illusions and revealed him for what he was in front of the rest of the party and a crowd of civilians. He responded by screaming and unloading basically every single UMI spell he had on the guy until he clawed his own eyes out in sheer animal terror and died from blood loss. Then he ran away crying.

There were a few other edgy moments but that one in particular took the cake because the DM went full ham with it. It was great.

Is she turning into a jew?

Have a captured enemy henchman I was recruiting into the cult I was forming execute his captured comrades to prove his loyalty.

Be in a wholesome, loving relationship with the soul of the person I murdered.
It's been an interesting campaign.

hey
if a make a male ranger elven whose backstory is
>fuck orcs they pillaged and captured(raped) all the elvens females i am not death because i was hunting in the forest wtf i hate orcs now
is it edgy?

Made a warlock who drained people's souls.

We tied up an armadillo-person and tried to interrogate him. He wasn't telling us anything so my tiefling bard poured lantern oil all over him, walked slowly over to a torch on the wall, walked back, and looked the armadillo straight in the eyes before dropping the torch and ingulfing him in flames. Our dm was rping the fear on the dillo's face and the screams as he burned alive. The entire room smelled like burnt corpse and after it was all over my bard played a melody over its ashes.

Yeah, pretty edgy.

There was a werewolf, murderer and rapist, who surrendered to us on the condition we won't kill him. After I interrogated him, I let him live, but not before chopping off his dick (so he wouldn't rape) and hands (so he wouldn't kill). I then stabilized him to make sure he doesn't die.
My party members put him out of his misery immediately.

Threw a man who I had beat half to death into a dimension full of Eldritch monsters as punishment.

In my defense, he threw a bomb at some children and blew one of their legs off.

why
i mean sound pretty normal for a backstory

>I have not read a lot of backstories

Kneecapped an uncooperative elf that we were interrogating in the woods.

why would a elf go adventuring

Whats with the colours in the picture?

Did you at least warn him that the fight would be to the pain?

fantasynamegenerators.com/backstory-descriptions.php#.WaNEKiiGPIU

>Playing a human mythic cleric of Abadar
>Capture evil marauding goblins terrorizing town
>Turn ground at their feet into quicksand
>Goblin heads stick out like heads of lettuce from the ground
>Me to goblins "Who do you work for?"
>No answer
>Take one goblin, slit his throat, animate it as skeleton and release it from the ground
>Me to skeleton "Eat that one" pointing to the goblin next to it
>Proceeds to tear into the live goblin next to it
>Other goblins start shrieking in terror as their buddy gets munched on
>Me "Can you hear me now?"
>Use curse spell to remove the mouth of the goblin next to the one being eaten
>Same spell to remove his nose
>Same spell to remove his eyes
>Cast same spell one last time removing his ears
>Me turning to the last goblin shouting "Can you hear me now?"

The rest of the group was silent as I described this.
GM declares that the last goblin has gone insane and is so fanatically devoted to his "leader" that he still won't tell me anything.

All that edge wasted.

yeah ok but i want to make a badass elf
he doesnt need to be mary sue tough but a vengeful backstory is necessary
how make a "i need revenge" backstory without being too edgy?

I justified rape of orc chieftains by saying they will only understand power and dominance by violence.

are you a girl

Stuck a Ring of Regeneration on a political prisoner who was meant to be ransom.

To date, his family has received twenty-nine fingers, twelve feet, four left hands, one right hand (I the ring to his left hand for that one), five ears, six eyes, two noses, two scalps, two penises, and five balls.

That game was a long, long time ago, and I'm not a teenager anymore.

Yes. Wasn't my most sane thing to do but we really did need their servitude

wew
e
w
Now this is what i call Magical realm
their dick was big?
were they muscular?
did you character liked it?
was your character married?

DM side of things, I had an NPC made to be edgelord incarnate, a soldier who had seen so much shit that he would literally step over the still-dying bodies of his friends without a glance. Actually said at one point "Good men die. I choose to live."
I tell myself that I get a pass because I know I'm doing it, but you know what they say about ironic shitposting

Well, duh. They're orcs.
No, it would have been more awkward.

it would be fun
imagine user

I made an NPC who literally wears a suit made of belts and has anime hair in a world which doesn't otherwise operate on anime aesthetics.

Story? I need some details man. Wholesome loving relationships are my fetish.

Strangled a dude with an umbilical cord

Learn from history:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liver-Eating_Johnson

So, you murder someone and then conviced them to love you?

Storytime, damn it.

Fuckin weirdo. Why would you like something like that?

That DM clearly didn't enjoy such creative torture

lol wat type of convention

Not edgy. All warlocks do that.

Suicide-bombed a town that we were conquering in an evil campaign because I was bored of the campaign and it was ending anyway. Aside from that, I've never gone edgier than "petty criminal". Even my other evil characters are more unpleasant than malevolent. I just can't pull it off for some reason.

If evil games count then the "Patented Wizard Interrogation Technique" probably cinches it.

The principles behind the PWIT are that a wizard who can cast spells is dangerous no matter how tied up they are, so we removed hands and tounges, which we fed to the cannibal cat girl, and conducted all interrogation via telepathy. Only in case they had anything prepared as a stilled and silenced spell, to make sure they couldn't cast without a concentration check someone had to be stabbing them in the foot then healing them up again every round of interrogation.

Outside of an evil game; I did teleport behind a guy in the middle of his evil villain monologue to try and convince his brother to fall to the dark side, and sneak attack the shit out of him while yelling "Shut up and give me back my soul rock you vampire ponce!", which isn't quite as bad as "Nothing personal kid" but it's probably close enough.

I PK'ed a paladin in his sleep for buying and selling a slave.

Explain in further details. I'm sensing a story.

he has dubs, obey him

Shot a prisoner but because I didn't specify coup-de grace it kind of went pear-shaped. I shot them them, threw them into the water to drown then shot them again.

then we burned their body because my party members are absolutely terrified of characters coming back even though its a fucking sci-fi game with aliens level of technology.

How the fuck could you pull that kind of edgy bullshit at a convention

avoid rape in backstories. Its like an instant +5 in the edge scale.

Played an evil samurai who wrote haikus every day and whenever else he felt like it, usually after killing people

in shadowrun I played as a bored rich kid who learned to make explosives online and exploded every building we ever had to infiltrate and then some

Well I'm not sure if you would count this is edgy or just retarded, but I once fended off a goblin with his son's severed dick after the former came to avenge the death of the latter.

Shouldn't that be, "Nothing personnel, kid"?

I think this one wins.

Had to interrogate a drow for information, Ofcorse my usual water boreding and finger nail pulling was like foreplay to this thing so I collected a bunch of spider's and started going to town on them instead safe to say thw dm thought I was pretty edgy but gave me credit and she cracked

Tore out a dead man's cybereyes so we could access their memory function for blackmail material to use on his Widow.

I'm not proud.

I was playing a dwarf battlerager who fought his way out of the slave pits and hated slavers. Our Paladin bought a slave who was to be sacrificed and on-sold him to an NPC who promised to not mistreat him. Our DM was too piss weak to punish the poncy paladin, so a couple of days later, while dwarf was on watch, the paladin somehow got drenched in lamp oil and set on fire.

Was playing an archer and we had to interrogate a captured bandit to find the location of the camp with the rest of his group. I put on a blindfold and played "pin the arrow on his face." DM drew up a quick table to roll on and determined that I shot him in the shoulder. I asked him about the camp again and he just screamed while saying something about me being a madman. Fired another arrow, hit the wall next to his head. He starts saying something about Baker, but is too afraid to say more. Third arrow kills him. I had thought that the DM was just trying to make a cool scene and would make him spill the beans without a chance of me actually killing him first. After that the party decided that our only lead was the bakery in town, because we were too stupid to remember that the last name of a prominent NPC was Baker. Thankfully the DM was quick enough on his feet to change Mr. Baker into a red herring and tie the baker and bandits into a cult that was trying to summon demons.

Played an Abyssal Exalted. Like its hard to name a peak but I tried to get a feeling across that he had just completely given up on lasting happiness with anyone but the other part members.

Do they know it was you?

Terrible shit happens, yes, but remember that you have full control over the stories you write, meaning that when terrible shit happens, it was intentional, so you don't get to escape with "what that happens like every day, it's what orcs like do". You designed it this way. If you wanted to, they could have been pretty knife ears sitting on hills playing with butterflies, singing and fucking butts and then later they'd go and eat pie. Instead you had them raped to death by orc dick.

Either way, "I am so angery" is the biggest issue, probably. The story could have been tragic without that, but now it's just edgy. I mean, it's perfectly reasonable for the character to be so angry as to devote the rest of their life in a hunt, but... how many fucking times have you read this story? I mean I can imagine around 20 characters like that just the top off my head. It's the most uninspired, unoriginal way you could go about it.

Still, Veeky Forums is not about being an original writer, it's about writing characters that you can have fun playing while not fucking with the fun of others. So I guess as long as you didn't ruin sessions with your edginess and you were having fun, then it's fine.

>Playing 5e for the first time
>First TTRPG session I ever had
>Rolled up a Great Old One-pact Warlock
>Scholar who wanted knowledge at any cost
>Cliche as fuck, I know, but I wanted to start simple
>DM said that the starting telepathy feature was too OP, so I had to eat the brain matter of something to learn its thoughts
>Proceed to start eating the brain matter of the goblins and kobold that we fight
>Don't even get too gritty about it
>Roleplay my character getting addicted to the sensation
>Our party is camping, and my character was the night sentry
>Noticed a squirrel
>Killed it and started eating its brain, as my character would likely be curious enough to do
>DM kicked me out for being too edgy and grotesque
>Never been in another TTRPG session since

Curiosity. Maybe they made a human friend and want to join them for a while (until the human dies of old age then back to woods). Older elves will probably already have done all these and then some, but I'd think most PC elves are young-ish (would be hard to explain why someone so insanely old is still level 1, after all).

I'm not sure if it was edgy or just autistic, but I ate a rock. Or rather, THE rock. This pebble was the most important macguffin ever, it had magic, it was a key, it was the everything.

Anyway, group got to it and I was this randumb cat person. I was spazzing out for a bit, but when I came back I noticed every one was yelling and going nuts and I noticed there was something about a rock and then some other player just pointed at me and shouted "do something!". So I ate the rock.

I have no idea what happened next, as it's all a blur. I might have to puke (or poop) it out, that'd make the most sense, but being carried around as if I was the rock would have been fun, so I hope that's what happened.

>Normal telepathy is too OP, you have to eat brains
>Ew gross you ate a brain you edgy piece of shit?!
Honestly I only consider stuff "too edgy" if you're going way too in detail with things like torture or something that isn't expressly necessary. And even then that's more for the sake of not getting bogged down doing stupid shit.Unless you went into fucking EXQUISITE detail about eating it, I don't see an issue. Could easily use it to get info about the place you were camping.

Locked the town hall with villagers inside and burnt it down.

We were there to get information but were faced with "I don't know, but maybe you should talk to person x". So we go to person x, "I don't know anything, go talk to person y". After this happened 5 or 6 time we get fed up.

DM was pissed. Apparently he was leading to something.

I basically crippled a fellow member of the party and left him as bait so everyone else could escape a bad situation. He was killed moments later.
We did get away though, and the player was ok with it.

>DM tells you to do something
>Kicks you out for doing the thing he told you to do

What a faggot

Is it Edgy to genocide Kender?

No, it is necessary.

I made a shardmind psionic that was solid black. Oh and i convinced a black dragon that if he ate me he would gain psionic powers so he swallowed me whole and i used that wierld ass racial they had to turn into a tornado of crystals and tore its ass up from the inside.

There's a god in my homebrew setting that's the result of a rape between two divine siblings (the god of the dark moon and the god of the regular moon). Their offspring is an unmoving object set in the sky but has been growing steadily larger for all of recorded history. It's going to be some sort of doomsday scenario one day. Either it'll end up being something hurtling toward the world, or it'll hatch, or something.

Also the BBEG genocided the Gnomes in the settings backstory. Their devices are still around, in a very Dwemer-esque way. He almost managed to purge the Halflings, but they started the resistance against him that the other races joined. Since the setting kicks off soon after the BBEG's avatar's fall most Halflings are either hardened freedom fighters or bitter survivors.

Wasn't a fan of either Gnomes and Halflings portrayal as fat, happy hobbits and happy-go-lucky people.

No.

The only detail I went into was slicing into the head without damaging it and cleaning the excess blood off. I think it was more that it was an animal instead of a monster.

That's.. not at all edgy or particularly gross. Especially considering he's the one who made the power work like that in the first place.

Personally would've assumed you'd be doing shit like that pretty often. Getting the lay of land from eating forest creatures, maybe things like rats in the hope they might've overheard a conversation or some such, etc.

>DM told you to do it
>kicks you out for doing it
The ultimate faggot lord.

>be dumb shit young girl
>get manipulated in murdering your classmate
>shit, it turns out people don't like that
>get arrested
>satan breaks you out of jail
>go on a quest for revenge against the person who manipulated you
>turns out the universe also really doesn't like murder and now the soul of the girl you killed has latched on to your soul
>now you have a constant reminder of guilt
>it's not all bad even though she took your heart out of your body when she first showed up
>because each time you die you'll live again with one less organ
>turns out though that your personal mind demon empathizes with you being hated because she's cursed to live endless lives in which she's a horrible person
>through mutual understanding and empathy you end up in love
>she gives you back your heart and she'll stop taking your organs when you die
>she'll also fight for you if you ask
tldr Mind demon is a lonely sad girl, character is also a lonely sad girl and their suffering brings them together.

The Edge is calling tonight.

I made a tiefling character in DnD once

I spent the last few rounds of combat eating a paladins head out of his helmet like a bucket of popcorn and other cannibal shenanigans.

Fired a missile at a skyscraper because I was ordered to "make a distraction" and it was the first thing that came to mind.

Turns out I hadn't even been told to do that, the guy had asked for "extraction" but my skype connection was shit so I roleplayed that badboy as having a dodgy radio in my plane.

10/10 would play again.

One time in a 5e session, another character literally emasculated an NPC to attempt to get them to talk, and I then walked in and introduced myself as the bad cop

Fucking degenerate

Group went Rwanda 1994 on some villages ass. They where under the influence of a major Devil, but it still felt edgy going from house to house massacring commoners.

Doing the right thing is never edgy

That's kinda sweet.

Please tell me that's not a fucking sharingan

In Shadowrun after one of our kid PC's was killed by a VP corp member, I managed to track him down, kill his personal guards, beat him to death with my bare hands so bad that not only my mentor spirit told me to stop, but the guy's head was just a red mash of broken bone and brains that could only be identified by blood tests and dental records.

Granted, the PC was my guy's daughter, so it was slightly justified angst edge, but still, describing breaking his fingers one by one and then pounding him was pretty edgy. Got me put on a wanted list by Aztechnology and lead to some fun 'escape to the north' stealth sessions, though, which was cool.

i dont get what is edgy about tieflings or dragon borns
>muh muhm uh you arent brotagonist baka~
Everyone is protagonist of their life, making your character so they have objetives intead of the
>Adventurer cause adventures are fun yay!

They aren't edgy on their own (though I'm sure not everyone here will agree with me on this), but they attract edgelords like moths to a flame. People like pic related jump at the opportunity to play something like a half-demon/dragon.

>cyperpunk setting DM
>girl with hackjob cybereyes gets caught by police for graffiti in an aug-prohibited city
>eyes removed as contraband by the authorities, character is blind until they get another back-alley surgery after party steals the eyes back
on the whole they seemed pretty pleased at how scary the concept was

And that's why I play as either an adept or a normie in 'punk games, that shit is terrifying to me on a primal level.