What kind of humor is this called?

What kind of humor is this called?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KUs1Popfd8g).
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bad.

"XD RANDUM" probably

nu-humor

Quick buck humor. Its the stuff that works on being edgy or nonsensical and trying to play it off as something insightful and funny. A lot of "adult" cartoons live on it.

Reddit humor.

lolsorandumb

Post humor humor. At this point and time we can say that all humor has been done and unlike the past there is the ability to look up the origins of the joke so something has to be done to create new humor without a constant drone of "heard that before". All that is left is to create things that are mocking the concept of traditional humor or completely abstract ideas as any humorous is as good as any other regardless of quality or context.

Dadaism.

Absurdist.

Explosive.

Isn't that just a mix of screwball comedy with shock humor?

Here I would call it Reddit. Anywhere else I would probably just call it shit
I think these are a bit too generous to it. This sort of "random" is a lot more formulaic. It's like they just make a small checklist of words they think are funny like 'waffle', 'penguin', or 'explosion' and keep repeating them

Popular humor.

Your first mistake is assuming it's humor at all.

Correct answers.

Look at dadaist poetry to see that "randumb leddit" isn't some new form of cancer that your high brow cannot understand.

It's been here before all of you were born.

Perhaps Strange

The world is full of goods trains
The passengers are cows
And milk and butter.
And cheese and lovely marmelade
And bulls and horses,
And cocks and hens.
The cow is mother to the milk,
And grandma both to cheese and butter.
The cheese is cousin to the marmelade.
The horse is cousin to the cock
The hen lays eggs.
The egg is cousin to the cheese and butter,
The son and daughter of the milk.
Isn't it strange?
It is.

Well that all may be true, I don't know one way or the other to be honest, but what about the people that I imagine enjoy this?

You can talk theory or "facts", but that will just detract from the real purpose of this thread, which is to rail against Reddit nu-males, women that try to be funny in ways I disapprove of, and other groups that inspire deep bitterness in me for reasons that I am sure are entirely their fault.

lolrandumb

Reddit is ruining the internet.

It's still fucking garbage. Why do you think I would assign quality to something based on when and where it was created.

Dadaism has always been a blight on the creative arts.

>Dadaism has always been a blight on the creative arts.

I bet you listen to Wagner and give yourself a little mental medal for being cultured.

>he hates on dadaism

He didn't choose the pleb life, the pleb life chose him.

Absurdist. Do your best to ignore the whiny bitch-babies who weren't here when absurdist humor was all the rage and are still too busy trying to forget their childhoods that they refuse to recall the best parts of it.

Reddit and Veeky Forums are the same. They are the same tiers of shit.

> trying to play it off as something insightful

This is more of a byproduct of the audience than the content creator imo.

Shut up, you pipe.

Parody.
It's a parody of what a professional card game company would market their game. The inversion is that instead of being quality, it's intentionally written in a sloppy amateurish way.

Those poor whiny bitch-babies. Posting on an Anonymous message board so they can pretend to be adults.

this. trough fodder for the masses.

It has a fair amount of strategy to it. Definitely meant to be played while drunk/high/dgaf

My post strictly analyzed the style of humor, I don't care about the merits of the game portion.

Unrelated, but am I the only person who mentally pronounces numale like tamale?

I really hope so.

I work in a game store, internally the staff call this game and those of it's ilk Douchebag Games.

>I intended my post to strictly analyze the style of humor

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

>tfw you got this as a christmas gift last year
>it's not even a whole game, there's too few cards to anything real with
>never played it, threw it in the trash

and the guy who bought it for me felt so proud and funny too.

Wouldn't what he said apply to the 'humor' as well?
Designed to appeal to people who are drunk or high as fuck (or little kids)?

Meme humour.

I find it funny that your attempted sarcasm is actually blatant truth. What kind of humor do you call that?

No, because humor can't have "strategy", and humor isn't meant to be "played".

Actually that wasn't sarcasm but I don't blame you for reading it that way.

I mean, you're not wrong. Memes are basically a way of saying "look how funny I am, I'm associated with this thing everyone agreed was funny at some point." It's humor for aspies.

"Not as funny as Munchkin" humor.

It's a decent party game and the illustrations are decent but the humor is just XD Random

i believe the term is monkeycheese

"Not"

maybe in 2012

Been a while

There are worse games available astonishingly. But for a while I think this held the title of "Most unfunny tabletop game"

lolrandumb humor is to dada what pop punk is to punk

Islamic

Islamic

Munchkin is referential humor. And puns.
Exploding Kittens is just pure absurdist humor, with a dash of shock humor.

"Reddit humor" tends to rely on references and puns. Absurdist content quickly turns into endless meme repetitions.
Absurdist humor is more popular on Youtube (Bill Wurtz is a good example youtube.com/watch?v=KUs1Popfd8g).

Exploding kittens isn't very funny but at least it's original content

Please tell us then, oh wise user. What is the definition of this Art that Dadaism is such a blight on?

It may be formulaic but it still attempts to derive humor from the nonsensical, weird, and meaningless. That's pretty clear cut absurdisim. Pretty much form of art regardless of genre or style can be formulaic. Even Dadaism, which directly rejects the whole concept of "Art" can be done formulaically although in that case it may be a deliberate choice.

I wouldn't call Exploding Kittens Dadaist humor though because it doesn't actively rejecting the concept and form of humor, just its typical content. A good example of Dadaist humor would be anti-jokes, which try to derive humor from being deliberately unfunny.

>How to shit on Rick and Morty without actually mentioning the show

I own this game. It is not especially challenging or fun, it relies heavily on luck. The cards on the inside are not the gruesome humor that people here are saying that it is. They have not played the game and are going entirely by the title. Here are some of the cards, I can verify that these are actually in the game.

This is a game you play with a girl who likes cats and then you get some. In fact, when you open the box, it is rigged like one of those audio greeting cards, and it plays a cat meowing sound. Get this game and get laid, because then you'll stop jumping in here and being stupid.

>tfw knowing that women are such useless creatures that they can only give their attention to the simplest of strategy games

They can write a fucking college-thesis about the nuances of applying every kind of makeup that exists, or psychoanalyzing the tone of how their friend said hi (What was with the lilt at the end? I feel like she's still mad about how Christy and I said we were tired and left her at last week's brunch), but ask them to pay attention to a card game with a modicum of strategy? Their eyes glaze over.

immature dark humor

mature dark humor is tragic unchangeable truths about life that are actually depressing but you can only laugh.

fpbp

They remind me of Garbage Pail kids, but shittier and with cats.

instead of naming it i would be interested in understanding it better, i feel like it's some kind of tryhard post irony, where people make fun and laugh about things they actually find somewhat cool and they try to ironically enforce how cool it is.( an example is people talking well abotu ixalan(or whatever the next magic set)"wow pirates and dinosaurs it's the coolest shit"). Reeks of insecureness and retardation to me, with tryhard on top because they try to mask their liking of it with irony.

>lel randumb

"The 2005 /b/'s outdated humour".

R9K is leaking.

>not getting a gf and molding her into your gaming buddy
/r9k/ please.

Besides the Pickle Rick episode and the interdimensional cables episodes, Rick and Morty is not that lolrandumb, it's not the show of the century but it's still a good show for the most part

It's what reddit was 5 years ago. Or what Veeky Forums was like 10 years ago.
I think youth culture as a general nebulous concept has moved on from "random" stuff, even reddit. The big thing now is ironic enjoyment of bad things, which is what we'll all be cringing at in a few more years.
Exploding kittens misses the mark by not keeping up with the public. It will only appeal to autistic 30 that still act like they're teenagers in the aughties. Might be good enough for the author though.

Haha, not the user you responded to but am a big Wagner and Greig fan and whenever I told my dad I was going to the opera or when I was listening to said music he would tell me slightly mockingly: wow user, look at the big intellect on you for liking such music.

Seriously, if you think this is somehow exclusive to Reddit you're either a newfag or delusional. To all you whippersnappers, go look up the classic /b/ memes. A lot of them are just weird pop culture references or quotes from early youtube videos. Nowadays you'd say they were "cringe."

LELRANDUM

Play Why Did the Chicken instead

2011-2013 humor

I remember being in high school with spastics squealing about 'lel le bacon xD" Glad it's gone

Millennial.

I bet you wonder why you're so bitter in life, huh

IMMA FIRIN MY LASER

The things/people split is tge largest psychological difference between the sexes yet discoverd and its really huge.