Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Chaos head-mates, edition.

>Citadel Paints
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/21/coming-soon-the-citadel-paint-system-in-your-pocket/

>Death Guard preview
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/22/codex-death-guard-first-lookgw-homepage-post-2/

>Konor Campaign, Imperium in the lead, fighting back against the #RiggedSystem
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hull
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Slaanesh!

Second for we killed Slaanesh.

repostin
>Sister if it matters.
More a comment on the fact battle sister refers to SoB.
>I am having doubts about the CT because the UM ones sound good too.... so many choices
They are all quite nice. Like I said, it all depends on what fluff/playstyle you like the most
>South texas, Hurricane planet
oh shit, my fellow citizen of the greatest state in the union. How's it going down there?

What do you guys equip rhinos with?

Combi melta to hunt tanks worth double their price? Flamer to assist killing the same targets as your cargo? Plasma to YOLO?

Tau 1963/2000 Battalion

HQ - 201

Cadre Fireblade, Markerlight, 2 Shield Drones

Commander, Advanced Targeting System, Shield Generator, 2 Gun Drones, Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle

Troops - 264

3x 1 9 Breachers, Shas'ui, Shield Drone

Dedicated Transport - 381

3x 1 Devilfish

Elite - 458

2x 2 Stealth Suits, Shas'vre, Fusion Blaster, Advanced Targeting System x 3

Ghostkeel, 2 Fusion Blaster, Fusion Collider, Advanced Targeting System, Target Lock

Fast Attack - 80

2x 4 Pathfinders, Shas'ui

Heavy Support - 579

3 Broadsides, Heavy Rail Rifle, Smart Missile System, Advanced Targeting System, Velocity Tracker

Rate!

Reposting from last thread

Soon

2 double bolters

Space City Niggas, y'all stay safe.

Supposed to be a few more inches tonight, and it's got nowhere to go.

Keep your phones on to listen for tornado warnings. 115 warnings since Friday, with dozens of confirmed touchdowns.

Hold the line until Wednesday, battle-brothers. Mother Nature will break before we do.

Lol jk it's gonna take YEARS to rebuild from this.

Why the fuck does anyone live in Houston or Galveston?

what is the fireblade gonna do?

>Moist.
I'd imagine. What town or city are you in? Up here in dallas all we're getting is some fast moving rainstorms, though that's all we get from most hurricanes. stay safe user
>Lol jk it's gonna take YEARS to rebuild from this.
That sucks. It's always sad to see fellow texans hurt. How much longer are Y'all supposed to deal with this stuff?

>3 x 19 breachers
Holy fuck shas'la, calm down.

Imagine how I feel in MA

9 breachers

I just finished these guys, what niche do they fill in a list? They're good, right?

>How much longer are Y'all supposed to deal with this stuff?

Thursday before it's clear enough to be negligent, but we should be "normal" by Tuesday afternoon/Wednesday morning.

This is easily as bad as Katrina.

2W Rip and Tear

Completely unrelated to your comment, just the pic, but there's a Hokuto no Ken yakuza game comming out. so while you may never get that, you can at least have kenshiro mixing drinks and singing karakoe to ai wo torimodose. so there's that to live for at least

posted in /WIP/ too

I found my old 2nd ed. LR and sripped it as best I could

It's pretty beat and in need of new lascannons. Anyone know a good alternative? Plastic LR sponsons wont work and my Javelin Land Speeder sponsons are a single lascannon

20th for I'm still butthurt over AL having almost no unique shit in 8e

Are combi bolter chosen any good now? They can dump a lot of shots.

tbf, this wasn't supposed to be like this.

The storm literally just STOPPED. It's now moving east at literally 1mph. That means that all those rain bands it sucked off the gulf just kept right on dumping water on Houston. We got 24" yesterday ALONE, and it's supposed to be another 6" tonight at least.

These are flood levels that are completely unreasonable to suspect. The worst we'd had was 20" before on the Tax Day floods, but that was just a single day and highly isolated. This is regionwide and across multiple days.

They're good against infantry of any kind. If 10 of them charge 5 hammernators they will beat them with heavy loses, though still costing less points in total.

Just use them the say way you'd use Berzerkers and don't footslog them.

LR as in....?

Land Raider

>best stratagem
>dares to complain.

How do they do against Guardsmen?

I just have never found the rock drills to be worth the massive 30 points. Their 1 damage and -3 save mod makes them start out worse than the saws. The odds of getting a 2+ and then a 3+ is .55, so the 30 point weapon only has a 55% chance of doing more damage than the 23 point weapon. As much as I want to drill baby drill, those odds make me squeamish.

Seriously, why don't the drills mortal wounds bleed over? It'd make it a nasty as fuck horde blender.

Originally 10, put yo 9 because Shas'ui.

Go with one squad of breachers.

I'm converting a Blood Angel Jump Pack Chaplain into an Emperor's Children Chaos Lord.

I've got all the parts I need except a head and a sword for the right hand.

Any advice?

*to 9

>Alpha Legion
>Complain about not being unique enough

So if you measure range from the hull of the vehicle what is the hull? This isn't defined anywhere.

So can a predator not fire from its sponsons but can fire from the tip of its tracks? Or.is it just the centre of the model?

Can a defiler fire from its legs ? Or just it's upper body?

Likewise what does 'behind' a model mean when working out Los. Can my defiler not shoot units behind it because it can only see units infront of it or does it have 360 degrees Los? If so where are you meant to work out line of sight from? Can it see from.its legs? Can a land raider see from the tip of its tracks?

>Most playtesting edition ever.

Ditch the entire body except for the bending leg. The right half the model is all sculpted with muscle fibers and it looks really weird.

Going to my GW store in about 20 minutes. Getting the SC! Nurgle Daemons box as my first foray into the game. What all do I need to pick up tool+paint wise?

Eh, I thought Darkstrider was the Breacher equiv of the Fireblade

Treat the vehicle as you would infantry.

Clippers
Xacto knife and blades
Paintbrush + paints

Some paints, brushes and clippers at least.

But all of the Alpha Legion stuff is fantastic.

What paints should I get? Obviously citadel ones but do I just get the recommended colors on GW's website? Can I use Duncan's Poxwalker guide for Plaguebearers?

I don't like using established characters.

Plus he's a pathfinder.

Very good. But if you expect them, or anything in our codex to beat guard WAAC then you're out of luck.

Hull is the body of a vehicle. Webster has the complete definition.

You can fire anywhere from the model.

Defiler is the same as above.

All models have 360 LOS. Behind is the relative position between 3 units in a line. The unit on the other side of the middle unit is behind the middle unit.

I'd rather have no unique stratagems but have actual unique units or wargear honestly. Unless you meant the tactic, in that case my point still stands but I agree it's a wonderful one.
Fluff wise maybe, but who cares If I can deploy the same shit as word bearers or emperor's children? Although troops zerkers and noise for WE and EC are great I feel the diffrences between all those legions is too small. Death Guard is a step in a direction I like but nurgle's not mine dude.
You could try describing what do you want to do with him.

Vehicles differ hugely in size and shape to infantry and don't have bases to measure from. This makes it really unclear where you're meant to draw range and line of sight from on vehicles. Again can a defiler shoot from its spider leg knee? Can it see from it? Can I shoot all my weapons from the exposed power fist of my dreadnought?

>you can fire from anywhere in the model
That doesn't make any sense.

Deal with it. Uniqueness is overrated and one of many reason why 40k was on downward spiral

Yncarne head for the duality angle if you can snag it.

>it looks really weird

And a Chaos Lord of Slannesh should look normal?

it's not unclear at all

>guard WAAC
You make me laugh

Looks really great, you mean.

Sorry, I meant to say anywhere on the model

>The right half the model is all sculpted with muscle fibers and it looks really weird.

That's why I picked it. It is going to be an Emperor's Children model, so it needs to have some weird fleshy shit.

Is calling something 'The Poz Posse' IRL homophobic?

I don't know, but if you have to ask if something is offensive, it likely is

Like infantry. Any part of it. I can't believe you are having trouble with this.

>this is the caliber of retard that GW caters to
The issues with 7e were the wild imbalance and the fiddly-ass rules. Hilariously, both are rapidly becoming factors as new content is released for 8e.

No.

I don't know, I named them and I'm bi, and I don't give a fuck. But yeah, IRL, probably would get complaints.

Yet nobody can explain how it works.

GW have said that you measure from a vehicles hull. Define what a vehicles hull is?

GW have said you determine true Los from behind a model, define what behind a model means? Does this mean you can't fire behind you?

>riptides are not broken I swear!
>bikespam is not broken I swear!
>D spam is not broken I swear!
>conscripts are not broken I swear!
Guard WAACfags are true cancer

I mean if someone found that so homophobic that they had to bother you about it they would be internally associating aids with homosexuality which would probably be homophobic by their own standards

user....nobody mentioned Conscripts. Could you be, in fact, triggered?

And what do you think contributed to those fiddliness and imbalance?

Well, keep on being butthurt about getting arguably the best legion and not having access to a mediocre weapon.

>Ultras can fall back and shoot
>Fists can ignore your cover modifier
Balance!

>being so insecure he's genuinely worried about some sodomite getting offended
Kek what a cuck.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hull

I already explained the behind thing.

>spergs out when he hears 'guard WAAC'
>gets rightly called out on it
>"I-I w-wasn't talking about conscripts, d-dummy!"
I know user, you are only pretending to be retarded.

it was explained

>spergs out
are you in the right reply chain?

I am, are (You)?

Tell me the Ork Strats and Klan Rules Veeky Forums, there's no way they're the same as the Marine ones

can someone tell the imperial faggots to stop cheating?

thanks

Is there a sneaky Ork Klan?
>-1 to hit and a stratagem to infiltrate
Is there a shooty klan?
>-1 to cover
Structured klan?
>re-roll morale

Most likely different. We've had Loyalist and Traitor Marines, and each have a good deal of overlap between their units up to the point of just having Traitor units being referred to as "Chaos [Loyalist Unit]." That and a number of these Chapters/Legions share pretty similar traits and tactical focuses already in fluff so their traits are similar, though their stratagems do differ.

Orks, however, have a more diverse spread of units and focuses. Their stratagems and Clan traits are likely to be quite different than Imperial ones, though there will probably be some overlap.

Honestly, we should see how AdMech fleshes out, given it's getting set up next and they've explicitly said that their major Forge Worlds will get some rules. Possibly minor ones as well, but I can't say as to whether or not they'll get as many as (C)SM.

I'm sorry I just really like my sniper alpha legionaires models but them using lass cannons feels wrong to me.
also wasn't me

I want some AdMech articles but GW is taking it slow apparently.

They said 7 Forge Tactics exactly, so the same number.

>Is there a sneaky Ork Klan?

Blood Axes

>Is there a shooty klan?

Bad Moons

>Structured klan?

Goffs

Oh god it's going to happen isn't it

Fireblade/Darkstrider are better used for their basically guaranteed ML hits, Darkstrider might be better for you as his ability actually works for breachers but Fireblades doesnt. Just deck out a normal helmeted pathfinder and think of his name as a title like Fireblades is

what if orks got a new character that's a literal ork commissar with a black cap to boot

The only ones I'd take a swing at now is:

>Evil Sunz
Advance and Charge in the same turn
>Goffs
Additional attack after charge

With 8e, what's the best load out for a Genestealer Cult Leman Russ? Is it still the twin autocannons?

What do you suppose the 7 regiments would be?
Cadia
Catachan
Vostroyan
Steel Legion
Valhallen
Mordian
Salvar?

Cadian
Catachan
Vostroyan
Steel Legion
Valhallan
Mordian
Tallarn

>buy second set of DI to fill in pure primaris army
>most dudes are running around with 2-4 clones
>gw decides to announce 5man combat squads that would fix the issue for even more shekels

Death Guard rumours.

Forgot Tallarn entirely

Sneaky Axes
Shooty Moons
Speedy Suns
Looty Skulls
'ard Goff
and ass backward Snakebites.

>DG get all this
>My Exalted Sorcerers lost their spaceship laser
INJUSTICE

nothing that hasn't been seen here

So who gets what bonus? Ill assume Cadia is +1 Leadership

Ha, you better not read anything HH
AL has an assasin choice with a sniper rifle

Source?

>most dudes are running around with 2-4 clones
oh no how could this happen with starter boxes

How would this be for an initial list to start out Night Lords at 1,000 points with?

Chaos Lord w/TDA, Claws of the Black Hunt, NL Warlord Trait

Chaos Sorcerer w/JP, Mark of Tzeentch, Prescience, Warptime

3x5 Chaos Space Marine Squads w/Lascannon

Terminator Squad w/5x Combi-plas, 5x Power-axe, Mark of Slaanesh

9x Warp Talons w/Mark of Khorne

999/1000, fits into a Battalion for +3 CP. CSM squads hang in the back, Termies drop in woth the Lord for reroll 1's, get Prescience'd and fire the plasma at something, trigger Endless Cacophony fire again. Sorc Warptimes the Warp Talons into something so they'll get an easy charge with no overwatch. Termies use a command point if needed to charge into something with the axes, pop Veterans of the Long War to make sure it goes down. Lord also charges something, using the warlord trait reroll to help get in if needed.

More rumors:
Water is wet, fire is hotter than ice, it's really hard to catch air with a fishing net.