>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo

miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Archive 1.1.0.7.6.3
youtube.com/watch?v=cSCOaowF2UI

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

us-store.warlordgames.com/collections/terminator-genisys/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Almost time for highlights.

It's time.
Post your new work next to your old work.
This fell caller isn't the most recent thing I've done, but it's the only picture I had on hand.

It's a repost, but I'll join in

Left to right:

My first ever model, my 2nd model, and my current WIP

First batch vs. most recent Tac Sarge
also known as Brother Thick Paint vs Sergeant Bushy Brows.

Your first model is a lot better than some people's current work. Your current stuff is really solid, nice job dude

Very nice... How/where do you field arbites? Killteam/Armageddon?

This is really cool! Those last guys look great

I was gonna use them as proxy SOB in my IG army.

I have about 70 of them, with 13 cyber hounds, so I figure some basic SOB infantry with some repentia hounds would be cool.

Found my actual first painted miniature while cleaning out some old toy bins. Left three were painted with humbrol enamels in probably 1994, and right is from a couple weeks ago

Returning to the hobby for after a 10 year hiatus.
I don't have any pictures of my old models but...
Multicoloured Necrons.

posting an update on my Apothecary and an older model too.
I have no idea how old that skaven is, I think it's from 2003ish.
while rooting around in my bits box to find an old mini I found 4/5ths of a Necromunda Escher gang I didn't even know I had. Thanks /wip/.

I guess /wipg/ is always right
They look great now. Thanks guys. I'll make sure to get a good quality photo when they're based

I've never looked at my guys this closely before, but my first model's mouth kinda reminds me of this.

See, muuuuch better
Not so boring now

Your flesh is looking really solid now.

Not bad as far as first models go. Liking the face on your new guy, is that stubble or just a shadow from the uneven light source? If it's painted-on stubble it looks really good.

You've come a long way, that Dark Eldar woman is gorgeous.

Not bad since you've not done this in ages, but your guy is missing a mouth, is he a protoss?

Really clean model, damn I'm liking the reverse highlighting where you have darker colours on the edges, guess it would only work on pure white though.

Maybe I can't see it because of the image quality, but I think your face masks could use a dark brown wash and then a lighter red highlight along the edges. Those colourful masks are the centerpiece of those models, so giving them some added detail will go a long way.

>Post your new work next to your old work.

Newest work is waiting for Hurricane Harvey (band name?) to pass on by so I can spray prime again. This'll have to do.

It's just the lighting, I wish I had the patience to paint stubble.

>white supremacist symbol on the right

umm no sweetie

Weak.

Gw has been using the lightning bolt as campaign marking since the 80s, you mongoloid.

this better be a troll

alt-righters still mad you got your shit kicked in??

yeah it's b8

>tfw you'll never get to hang out with Mosley

At least we didn't get run over, cuck.

lost my last squaddie's chestplate, he is now the chaplain.

/WIP/ is a /pol/ free zone. Please leave, and take your empty hook with you.
Juicy, user. Been enjoying watching your Arbites progressing recently.

Its says dodge on the car for a reason

I had to glue the sword arm back on to my old plague marine but here's the first one I ever did with a recent lad. I also have a lord of change I tried painting up earlier but the comparison would be really wonky.

Hot DAMN that improvement.

Good bait

Wow, that's some serious improvement, it's like I'm looking at a 1980's video game sprite vs a 2017 remaster.

The white on those greaves is awfully thick and chalky home-boy. Might want to thin your paints unless its a priming error.

Left was a gift from my gf from over 2 years ago.
You can tell how good the sculpting has gotten since then.

Old metal tyrant vs my counts-as helbrute

My Photography sucks but I think my converting is improving. Now I just need a flute guy to pair with him.

I have a gigantic soft spot for the old Celestine; I think they're both great models.

"He followed me home", crossover with my so's work.

Fucked up and primed my poxwalkers black instead of white. Could I just spray with white on the black or do I need to do a full strip first? I primed them with P3 black primer if that means anything, I would use either army painter or GW white undercoat over it.

all i can stomach to paint it today

She's very nice alright. That cape is a lot of trouble to get stuck on though. I wished I'd gotten some Blood Angel wing bits for her.

Op's picture is what I imagine actual ultramarine look like

I'm the guy who's painting the old Arbites models and I have to say the old GW models have a charm that I don't find in new ones. They are crustier on the surface but there is some intangible character beneath the crusty surface that I love. It's like you can tell it wasn't made by a machine but hand-carved instead.

If you re-painted the old celestine with the skill you applied to the new one I think I would like the old one more.

>there is some intangible character beneath the crusty surface that I love
its called nostalgia.

I only started playing when I was 10 (99') and I only started collecting my arbites army about 4 years ago, so I don't really think I count as a true grog. I just inherited some old necromunda stuff from a family friend who used to play and that got me into vintage models.

Maybe I have second-hand nostalgia by being inducted into the game by some old grogs at the FLGS.

Alpha primarus, I approve

Not that guy but im 20 and have some old models from ebay. I feel the same way about them as the other dude. The old hand sculpts have a lot of subtler details and character to them than the newer CAD sculpted minis which are either very plain or completely overdesigned and ugly despite their greater detail.

Old models feel like works of art while newer ones feel engineered.

Alpha legion? Good heavens, what do you mean, we are 100 precent loyalist marines. We are the emperors agents, the a stands for agents. Also our symbol is a three headed snek, not a hydra. Completely different.

Does anyone know how well Citadel Base and Layer paints work with an airbrush?

>Not that guy but im 20 and have some old models from ebay.

Most of my army is older than you. Hell, I painted a bunch of them before you were born!

>I feel the same way about them as the other dude. The old hand sculpts have a lot of subtler details and character to them than the newer CAD sculpted minis which are either very plain or completely overdesigned and ugly despite their greater detail.

That is a very eloquent way of saying what I was thinking. Thank you, user.

As much as I enjoy having all the Blood-Angel-y things later editions hath wrought (Blood Angels were just red Space Marines until 1996, when GW published Angels of Death), I have a marked fondness for the second round of metal beekees from the late 80's and early 90's.

How's my weirdboy?

Not weird enough. He needs more useless, vaguely psychic looking knick-knacks and baubles, and a less... stoic face
I'd suggest getting bits from the wierdnob shaman for a good crazy face and some smoke

Weird

moderately wierd

Workin' on some scatter terrain for a demo board, tonight is barricades (that are actually just Dungeon Saga tables turned on their side) and barrels.

Holy fuck I have a serious envy boner right now. It cost me $600 to amass my arbites army off eBay, I don't even want to fathom what this would cost me.

I'm planning out an army here, guys.
Has anyone worked with terminator genisys minis, from warlord games? I want to use them as proxy necrons. Using the crawlers as scarabs, and drones and shit as well, necron equipment.

us-store.warlordgames.com/collections/terminator-genisys/ is the line, what do you guys think would be suitable proxys?

Nice.

>vintage blood angels guy gave me a (you)

I feel honored

When I airbrush I open a window and wear a respirator. Is this sufficient or will I die?

Thanks y'all!

everyone is going to die eventually anyway. You'll probably be fine

lets talk sisters WIP

I badly want some of the nuns to work with...and make a mean anti-charge flame bubble, but since they are crazy expensive from GW, what is your favorite 3rd party company, or fave scale-able conversion

>what is your favorite 3rd party company, or fave scale-able conversion

I've seen some neat conversions here on /WIP/ using Eisenkern stormtroopers.

those look really nice., plus a more sistery than I expected

Flamers are kinda weak this edition but.

It depends on what you want out of sisters for the models.

You can try buying recasts if you just want the models.

If you want more plastic stuff, you can do the Russian bootleg sisters, they're pretty high quality.

Someone is bound to mention Raging Heroes' notSisters eventually. They're a radically different aesthetic so YMMV.

Eisenkern Valkir with a headswap (minimum) and maybe weaponswaps is a fairly popular conversion, and decent bang for buck. You can modify them in a number of ways depending on what out of them.

PRODOS has two lines worth checking, Space Crusade first then check the Brotherhood faction in Warzone.

I am honesly looking for something with the atheistic, or something close. never got into sisters game wise, but always liked the models

There's also one of the older conversions, which is using Deldar Warriors with the edgyness removed, and head and weapon swaps. You need to sculpt on some upgrades with greenstuff to get more than a subpar result though.

thanks for the help guys. let me know if you find/think of anything else.

Lts getting there. I like doing armor this way

what helmet is on the right one?

>Flamers are kinda weak this edition but.

I don't know, man... there's something to be said for d6 shots that *always* hit - especially if your unit carries two, three, or four of them! The catch is that for 's overwatch strategy to work, the enemy must begin their charge within range of the models bearing the flamers. It isn't necessarily a "Wall of Death" like it was in 7th Edition, but it can be pretty brutal.

raptor helmet

Yeah well this project was hell, oh well. Had fun

Not him, but Chaos Raptor, at a guess.

Anyone have any tips for kitbashing a tech-priest dominus to make it stand more upright like pic related?
Also, any idea what the torso is from?

I've recently rescued a fire raptor, only downside it's poorly painted, missing the clear plastic cockpit and the gun pods are snapped off. it's going to take a detol bath soon enough, I'm trying to figure out how to save the gun pods though, does it sound feasable to just have them floating in the gap they're meant to fit in probably pinned to the inner hull?

If it turns out to be unsalvageable at least I'll be able to make some cool terrain out of it I guess

Torso looks like its from a katraphron, they just flipped the bottom half of the tech priests robe/train so that its trailing backwards instead of hooking back towards the front. Belt/gut cover looks like an arc rifle back pack, not sure if its from the ranger/vanguard kit or something else.

Most assault units either can confidently make a 9-inch charge or shrug off the flamer hits in some form or another. Heavy Bolters have basically become the best option.

Are there any IG models that wear simple military fatigues? I want to use a scion beret head with some green stuffed hear to make big boss

Neat, but they don't feel like SoB

The IG vehicle upgrade sprue and the command squad sprues have some parts for flack jacketless torsos. The Wyvern/Hydra kit also has bodies without armor. If I recall the baneblade kit also has a long coat officer without armor.

You might grab any one of the related torsos and put it on Catachan legs, or look at 3rd party bits.

Adding the SoB backpack and helm helps these a lot if you have access to a recaster.

I plan on doing just that, as well as not assembling with the hip plates, and sculpting basic sleeves on them helps a lot more. It's also fairly easy to smooth out the pauldrons' details and use a pressmold to transfer emblems onto them. (I'm going to try recasting an actual sisters pauldron, and hallowing it out for affixing, then recast it to terra and back.)

Call back from the last thread. How'd user or any Veeky Forumsentleman get that gun metal-like finish? The textured sheen is really interesting and I wouldn't mind trying to recreate it.

just heavy drybrushing

Only made a little progress, but it's coming along. Any suggestions for the bolt rifle casing? I was going to use the color on the pauldron, but I'm not sure yet.

There could be a few more additional touches to be made, but more or less, the Novamarines are done.

How did I do? Im not a skilled painter and painted only like 10 minis up to this point

Thanks

glorious, the banners are fucking insanely good.

paint on the right guy looks a little thicc, it looks like you have the ideas of the techniques down enough its just practice to get them to look good now. mostly you need to get lines straight for your quartered scheme and edge highlights. shading could use some cleaning up as well such as the lieutenants right wrist

Friend got a Reaper Krampus asked me to paint. So far. Gonna work on the horns and the barrel next.

Damn that is neat! Ive always enjoyed your guardsman conversion and find them very inspiring. Keep up the good work!

This must have been around 3000-5000 points back in 2nd ed?

Further progress on the Tech Baron. Debating whether to paint the cog symbol in black and white or brass/gold.

Any idea what kind of specific paints they have used for the "loincloth" and the chestpiece?

It looks like one solid block of white with maybe a blueish shade.

what colors are his bitching orange pants my negro?

Base colour is a mix of Scale75 Antares Red and Sol Yellow, since I stupidly didn't get their Orange. For shadows I've mixed in some Red Leather, but any reddish brown should work. Highlights are done by adding a bit more yellow to the mix and some White Sands, which is an off white. I almost never use pure white for highlights.

I'd say it looks more like an off-white blue-grey. Dunno the new color names 100%, but I'd say fenrisian grey in the recesses, ulthuan grey main color and white scar or any other pure white only as edge highlight.