Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Gift Edition: When was the last time your PC ever received or gave a gift? What was it?

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-0/alcoholic-fisherman-human-commoner-1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Received
Someone he cares for very much offered him some of their special blend of herbal drink. Tasted pretty good.

>Gave
Planning on making them a necklace, but all he had to give in return when he got his gift was love

>giving someone a necklace
Gaaaaaaay

It's the thought that counts, isn't it? I just thought it'd look good on them.

>thinking gay thoughts
Jeez dude. You getting gay married?

>gay married
A-user, please! It's still so early in the relationship!
But it wouldn't be a gay marriage unless one of us falls afoul of a cursed girdle.

The last time he received a gift was probably when he learned to read.

Sounds pretty fucken gay. You should adopt, at least.

You know, that might actually be a necessity sooner than you'd expect. I'll take it under advisement.

How will adoption even come up in an adventure?

A need for an heir and a spare player character in case this one dies

Cute picture.

Life-extending bump.

So I'm curious about how you would interpret gauntlets

"Gauntlet: This metal glove lets you deal lethal Damage rather than nonlethal Damage with unarmed strikes. A strike with a gauntlet is otherwise considered an unarmed attack. (...)"

The 'unarmed attack' reference comes from 3.5, which used that term mostly interchangably with Unarmed Strike.

So my interpretation is that when you attack with a gauntlet, you're technically using a weapon but the weapon's effect is basically "Counts as an unarmed strike." Things such as Weapon Focus: Unarmed Strike would also apply to Gauntlets, because a gauntlet attack is considered an unarmed strike.

Thoughts?

Your character sounds like a huge fucking dork!

Yeah normally punching someone is nonlethal damage, but if you got gaunts you deal lethal. Look at the monk, who gets to chose to deal lethal or non lethal as a part of its monk shit.

Punching with gauntlets lets you deal lethal damage, but it still draws AoO if your target is armed and other problems for non-monks trying to punch.

Spiked armor is the good work around

An heir? Are you some kind of fruity prince?

Not really. Just wanted to set up the "spare character" joke.

Well, he is rather tall and broad.
And dork is accurate.
That last one...well, I can't really say in a public forum.

Last Crystalhue, he gave his true love his heart. But the very next day, she gave it away.

This year, save yourself some tears. Give it to someone special.

Add a houserule to the official Pathfinder system. Others judge

>Those slain by Wights retain abilities and class levels

...What the fuck is it with you and wights?

You should give them the greatest gift of all, the dick in a box.

Alright boys, opinions time
What is the best adventure path?

What are you talking about?

Strange Aeons

There's been someone in /pfg/ the past couple days who's been going on and on about wights, apparently with the goal of either turning all the PCs into them, creating an army of wights, or simply becoming one himself.

That's not me but I do like the idea of an alternative, or in-between, for zombies and vampires

He gave a bracelet to his friend. It was a small matter, but the act of giving something he made held some significance to him.

Oh hey I'm glad this thread survived.

Iron Gods and Rise of the Runelords seem to be the only ones truly, truly worth a damn.

Jade Regent is really, extremely, absurdly good when you have the right DM for it.

An epic Journey to the East with a cast of memorable characters as you help a friend save an empire is downright magical.

Is there any way to make a cult that encourages mating with monsters (less-forced Esoteric Order of Dagon?) a (maybe secretly) popular religion in setting?

That's pretty much Lamashtu

>Is there any way to make a cult that encourages mating with monsters

You mean Lamashtu?

Is it possible to get a hydra mount?

That's straight up already a thing.

They even have a mask that makes people able to breed with whatever and you get freaky hybrids.

Ask your GM for a hydra mount?

I googled it, and mostly yes. But I can't think of any reasons to make it popular among humanoids though.

Any non- monsterous humanoids, I mean.

They're pervs. They want monster dick/pussy. They're crazy and believe that the holy fusion of man and monster will bring about a greater race.

People typically turn to Lamashtu because they're driven insane by her nightly visions, and others turn to Lamashtu because other Lamashtu cultists break them with regular applications of knotted cock lodged inside them. These are not pleasant people, and should be seen in the same manner you would see your typical Death Cultists from that level 1 adventure you ran one time.

People also turn to Lamashtu to *avoid* her attention, offering prayer and sacrifices so she leaves them alone.

Sometimes it even works.

Lamashtu's a lot like Lolth in that way.

Ask your GM to let you play a monster cowboy.

Speaking of Lamashtu, want to make a 4th level Cleric of Lamashtu named "The Bodybuilder"

She travels the world making fuck with monsters for Lamashtu's blessing.

There is a magic item from some splat book, I think it might have been the setting guide to Andoran. The item is basically one of those ear pieces you see CIA or Secret Service people wearing in movies to communicate with each other. I can't remember the name of the item though. Does anybody else know what I'm talking about?

Honestly, until a certain game came along I was under the impression that Jade Regeant was the worst AP. I kinda want to play it just to see for myself but no one really runs it.

> Jade Regeant was the worst AP
Correction, one of the worst. It ranked consistently among shit like Second Darkness and Council of Thieves a few years ago.

It seems to be something like kingmaker, the kind of campaign that heavily relies on your GM's ability to play the NPCs and scenarios, as well as extra stuff, which means as-written it's probably shit.

How would you structure a heist game? What kind of party roles and jobs do you think you'd want?

Every day I regret the fact that I could never find a legitimate copy of that game to play with my friends.

Is that actually any good? I can't imagine so.

Make sure the next character is way manlier. None of this necklace stuff.

What if it's a pearl necklace?

Sounds pretty gay, senpai.

Probably not, but it's one of those things where if we take the mechanics from that, figure out what works and what doesn't, and then steal it for ourselves in other games, we could finally figure out how to roleplay intrigue.

I've never actually played it, but from reading through it it looked pretty good honestly. The head writer for Leverage is a huge RPG nerd which helps a lot, and the Leverage crews is basically already a modern D&D party.

Even if you don't steal the RPG taking the roles from the show is a real good way to start off. You can cut Mastermind out though since it doesn't work great for a multiplayer game.

>Its another Turvaks applies with an ambitious noble episode
Nearly every game this guy shows up in turns out to be a bamboozle. Whats up with this nigger anyway?

>Nearly every game this guy shows up in turns out to be a bamboozle.
What. I've applied to most pfg games, many of which have been games and others which have been bamboozles. With /pfg/'s boozle rate, sure, it's likely half or something, but not my fault in any way.
>Whats up with this nigger anyway?
I demand the more accurate ethnic-based derogative.

Somebody (once that you could) explain why occultist gets shafted with cantrips?

>Leverage
>Not it's infinitely better British inspiration

>Average Shadowrun party.trid

Jesus christ with the self shilling dude.

Who's your favorite sub CR1 badguy to swarm PC's with?

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/npc-0/alcoholic-fisherman-human-commoner-1/

Another reason why American mass media is shit: Can't let others have good stuff, need to make your own too to get some of that sweet money.

I'm partial to the Akata

>Feats Catch Off-Guard, Throw Anything

Stating mundane shit must be one of the most rewarding experiences of life.

Is it self-shilling if he clarifies himself, brah? Just sayin'...

Gnolls, most definitely. I wish they were a CR 1/2 like in 5e, or whatever they are, so I could swarm more on my lvl 1's.

I just get drunk and roll the bones. Whatever slips from my fingers is however much damage that particular item does. They aren't the only alcoholics at the table.

That depends, as others have already suggested you can do some re fluffing of lamashtu, but do you want it to be a 'good' order, as in something the PC's might engage with, or an antagonist?

2nd level magus about to face undead, which spells should I prepare?
0th level: Disrupt Undead
1st level: Chill Touch, Burning Hands
?

>Casters

Just hit it with your fucking axe.

>axe
Short sword for now
Still, I have to prepare something, tips?

At this level there is the risk of ghouls and their paralysis shit. I'd say just do the old arcane mark spellstrike/spellcombat shit and then fall back to disrupt undead beams for ghoulies.

Don't prepare cold damage, most undead are immune to it.Other than that prepare what most likely mages a bitch explode or make you hit better.

The witness's descriptions say "walking corpses, nor arrows nor swords seemed to slay", nothing more because he was pretty mental. We assume skeletons/zombies or a mix, but thanks for reminding me ghouls and their bullshit paralysis

Cure light wounds works as offensive and defensive simultaneously.

Magus don't get Cure spells silly.

Oh lord, I didn't realize quite how awful the verbal duel rules were until I read through them. You only add ranks and charisma modifier to a roll, nothing else? That makes it basically impossible to against anything but NPC's and monsters of lower level because of how many bonus points they get right? Forcing you to only add your modifiers to a select number of tactics and then making you take penalties for using them again also seems a touch weird.

would it be reasonable to ditch ability score boosting belts and shit and instead do something like Starfinder, where you can pick 4 different scores at once to increase at the appropriate levels (for PF, every 4th level) with the option to bump a single score by 2 no matter how high that particular score is? Something like

>Pick one ability score, increase it by 2
>Pick 3 other scores, if the score is 14 or less, increase it by 2, otherwise increase it by 1

I can only assume this breaks something somehow, but it still looks slightly less infuriating than ABP's method.

Hey unrelated question, what was that formula for determining how good a monster is at sex?

What's your issue with the way ABP handles ability score increases?

What rural jobs are best suited to tiefling, teen/children tieflings in particular?

logs for a pyre

Why wouldn't they be just as suited for a particular job as someone else? I mean, unless you're saying that because of them being a tiefling and getting some prejudice they would have a harder time finding a job, but that's not really an issue of how well suited they are for the work.

I guess the first thing that comes to mind would be a blacksmith's apprentice? They get Fire Resistance 5, after all.

my issue with ABP is broader than just how it handles ability scores, but in general just how goddamn slow it is, even if you bump the chart up by 2.

What happened to all the currently running games? Did any of them bamboozle?

How is Chalice running? Or ladyknights adventure? Did Essentia ever take off? Is ensoulment living up to it's fame? Is overlewd OVERlewd?

user, unless you're in a group that dishes out way too much gold for your level, if you get gold AND APB at the same time you're more likely than not getting the boosts at the same time you'd be able to afford them as well as being able to spend cash on other things.

Honestly, I almost feel like just replacing most of the shit the ABP chart tries to replace with generic treasure instead would be a better idea, have them blow the gold on bonuses that just become innate instead of a christmas tree.

>How is Chalice running?
Unknown

>Or ladyknights adventure?
Terrible and has already lost 2 players

>Did Essentia ever take off?
No

>Is ensoulment living up to it's fame?
No

>Is overlewd OVERlewd?
No

I think all of those games are running, except Chalice. Dragons 1&2 are still going, and so is FotJR and SotJR. Blingmaker is definitely running, we got a greentext from them last week. Not sure about Hell's Rebels.

>generic treasure

What, you mean money and gems they can just spend on stat ups? Personally, I like ABP because it makes all the bonuses innate to the characters. Makes them feel more like extra-powerful heroes than guys who were just rich enough to afford the swankiest gear.

All I can tell you is PLD is still running

Do you ever think about those peaceful moments? The ones where you don't have to slaughter hundreds of goblins and kobolds, where there's no curse or disease spreading over the city, where there's no noble gone mad with power, and no evil cult of a forgotten god on the rise? What peaceful moments do you live for, pfg? What do you do when all is said and done, the swords are laid down, and soldiers return to their farms?