Starfinder General /sfg/

Starfinder General /sfg/

What have you done with the powered armor rules? Have you homebrewed powered armor at more levels? Used them for mecha?

/sfg/ unified link repository: pastebin.com/BBVzM7tm
Cheatsheet: paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lk2n?Starfinder-Cheat-Sheet
FAQ: paizo.com/starfinder/faq

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4sH8PhhGIcU
youtube.com/watch?v=-Y5RCs6IMJw
docs.google.com/document/d/1x_OVllmNNfqPZq_TcUnLjjL2G_sOXEVpO3KlnEP0dPs/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the earth was without form, and deep; and darkness was upon the face of the void. And the Spirit of Old moved upon the face of the void.

Campaign idea hot off the presses: Acererak returns as the Space Ghost Supreme.

>tfw no campaign

well then have a drink

too busy with ship rules.
somebody else do power armor.

But I don't wanna drink, I wanna play.

Has anyone taken a peek at Incident at Absalom Station? Do they have good enough statblocks for the creatures there?

>tfw ywn play a drow punchgirl fleeing her abusive kitsune star shaman wife

We've got statblocks for gang members, Bone Troopers, Void Zombies, Akata, and about three types of feral monsters.

Wanting to run a Usual Suspects style campaign but not sure if I should run it on Absalom or pick one of the other planets like Akiton for it. Absalom seems like the more fun choice, plus it has the ease of being a central hub area for a lot of people/corporations so it could work a bit better, but I feel like just about every campaign under the sun is going to start there.

depends on what kinda of creatures you want.
imo the critters seemed like rejects from a Mythos horror campaign.
but they are reasonably well detailed.

You know, I am wondering if drow can make good solarites. It would be a nice contrast.

I don't think a solar weapon is normally finessable, though. Maybe there will be a feat or something in the bestiary book.

Start in Akiton and go to Absalom as your big break from the starting quest.

I'm okay with that.

I'd much rather play with cute pacifist catfolk slave-envoy that cheerfully makes the drow and her vesk mistress dinner.

Thoughts on converting and heavily modifying Cavalier over and making it work with enercycles?

Why would a cat do that, they'll warm your bed and let you play with their bits but the common cat won't be making you dinner!

Why overspecialize so badly you cripple yourself?

Obviously because she's not a common cat! Though she probably makes more sushi and sashimi than her mistress and the drow like.

It is a secret that vesk actually find chocolate intoxicating.

When are we going to see some animals worth domesticating? We need to get some use out of that Survival skill!

Is there a guide to most DPR Soldier/Solarion multiclass? I saw here that 3/17 had the most DPR compared to either 0/20.

So how feasible is it to play a Ysoki mechanic in power armor with a backup generator, wearing a ring of sustenance and an iridescent spindle aeon stone that just never gets out of his armor? I've got this mental image of playing a nesting doll of a character where he's in his light armor which is in his drone which is in his powered armor which is in his ship.

which is in the hangar of its carrier which is docked inside its space-station.

I will be a happy little rat if I reach the point that I can afford a space station that can physically dock carriers.

This is what an android operative looks like!

>He doesn't know

What organizations are you planning on introducing or creating for Starfinder? Which ones from Pathfinder do you think would survive the Gap?

Take a page from Metroid and have a bottle ship that attempts to replicate biomes and keeps various animals/magical animals/elementals in them. Technically that's what the Jungle Boxes are except they are more for plants then other life forms.

Just got into a game, they say they need a mechanic.

Question is, can I fuck my drone? Or is this frowned upon?

If you need to ask, you're not at a high enough level for that sort of power move.

we're starting at level 3, I wasn't aware there was a level requirement.

What would you say is a good level to start fucking my drone?

The hell does a Crossbolter look like?

>This weapon resembles a rifle with a crossbeam near the end of the barrel. A crossbolter uses mechanical power to fire arrows along the barrel. Grenade arrows can also be fired with a crossbolter.

Monster Hunter bowguns?

Starfinder Society Scenario 1-01: The Commencement has a very cute quest within it.

>Diplomacy DC 10+: The latest prerelease song from sugar-pop sensation Strawberry Machine Cake is about to be released. Unlike previous releases, the band is putting out a limited-edition physical copy prior to the concert when the released single and additional tracks are scheduled to debut and become available in digital form.

>“My second assignment...” Zigvigix twitches their tooth barbs for a moment and then holds out a credstick. “Please buy the brand-new Strawberry Machine Cake album, Star Sugar Heartlove!!!, which is out today, and give it to Historia-7 when you see her. She is the head of the Dataphiles, so you should meet her today! I wish to do it myself, but I... I have trouble standing for long periods of time. Thank you very much!”

>Strawberry Machine Cake Follow-Up: If asked about the new Strawberry Machine Cake album, Zigvigix says that Historia-7 has seemed down after losing her mentor in the Scoured Stars. They hope the sugar-pop music can cheer up the android; Zigvigix adds that the band’s music always makes them feel better. They go on to gush about favorite songs, expressing regret they cannot hear the newest releases, as the shirren finds it incredibly difficult to stand in the long lines.

>If a PC succeeds at a DC 17 Sense Motive check—or an astute player voices the observation without a roll—the PCs may note that Zigvigix is not buying a copy for themself. The shirren’s response makes it clear that despite their obvious desire, they downplay their opinion when it might benefit themself and seem uncomfortable spending money on their own personal wants—an oddity for the highly individual shirrens.

>No art for the Seeker Rifles
>No art for Magnetar Rifles

WHY
H
Y

>STRAWBERRY MACHINE CAKE
>Getting the album that Zigvigix requested requires standing in a raucous line for 6 hours. So long as the PCs do so, they get the album, but they must succeed at a DC 12 Fortitude save to avoid becoming fatigued, followed by a DC 11 Reflex save to avoid taking 1d4 bludgeoning damage from the exuberant crowd on the way out.

>The PCs can each buy an extra copy of Star Sugar Heartlove!!! for themselves, but they must pay 50 credits for each additional album. Similarly, the PCs can pool credits together to purchase an additional copy for Zigvigix. If the PCs later give Historia-7 (see page 9) the music album, she gives them a long, unreadable stare before calmly stating she will enter it into the archives.

>Treasure: If a PC buys an album for Zigvigix as well as for Historia-7, the shirren squeals in delight and offers a single charge cloak as a reward.

For context, Zigvigix is the commander of the Exo-Guardians, the most militant of the Starfinder Society's subfactions, and here they are, asking the party to buy a sugar-pop music album for themselves and for the straight-laced leader of the society's information brokers. Zigvigix probably has a crush. It is probably unrequited love, alas.

How would your party handle this quest?

By killing themselves and then the android and shirren.

Find out what stores are participating in the pre-release special.

infiltrate and hack the store's computer to see when the shipment arrives and plan a couple of contingencies:

1. Have one person stealth their way to the front of the line and make use of memory altering spells while the others sleep to make it seem that person was always there and then have the mechanic send their drone to bring rations as need be.

second plan is to actually "steal" the disk but also leave payment in the process. This seems more of a job for the operative and the technomancer (myself) altering records and slipping the needed credits for the disk into their registry (that said, I also have an in to a store's bank information for later use).

Final plan would be to single out, corner, and bribe one of the event goers for their copy. If I have the clout to do so I arrange for a meeting with Strawberry machine cake otherwise ample memory alterations and illusions to create the effect.

This is one product away from being a literal milk run, I love it.

>An adorable Korasha Lashunta killing machine will never buy you a sugar-pop album

>literal milk run
What did he mean by this?

Do shirrens or androids make milk?

The quest is for level 1s I think? You can't alter memories as level 1s.

>What did he mean by this?

You have a filthy mind, user! A milk run is some extremely easy mission given to a group, often used in Shadowrun to describe a Johnson (a quest giver) requesting the party go and get him a carton of milk from the local store.

>The quest is for level 1s I think? You can't alter memories as level 1s.

Alright, then I'll have to rely on parts of the first plan and mostly the second one with no memory alteration

I had fun when I ran Shadowrun giving the group a first mission that was more complex,(If still easy) to sabotage a processing plant for the Norco Co-Operative...and after doing research they realised that the Norco Co-operative was a co-operative of dairy farms.

Australians are two steps away from becoming Shadowrunners, anyway.

Where's my graviton weapons? I want some singularity grenades and matter-smashing longarms.

Gravity guns?

It's also an Air Force term to describe a mission that by all rights could probably be done by a troop of boy scouts in cesnas.

Said missions have the same reputation that they do in gaming. That is, it will almost certainly explode in your face and go completely to shit inside the first ten minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=4sH8PhhGIcU

Gravity grenades!

In Chronicles of Riddick it seems like the gravity weapons were just pulses of energy that crushed whatever they contacted. Perhaps the gravity grenade just creates a crushing force of singularity that, if it outright kills the target completely destroys the body?

That said, something like Art of the Peircing Void should be something Solarians can do.

>In Chronicles of Riddick it seems like the gravity weapons were just pulses of energy that crushed whatever they contacted. Perhaps the gravity grenade just creates a crushing force of singularity that, if it outright kills the target completely destroys the body?

Oh yeah, that's the stuff. I just want a weapon that crushes things when I compress the trigger.

Honestly, they'd be really easy to do AND cover an area the game doesn't have right now. Bludgeoning Ranged Weapons.

>Bludgeoning Ranged Weapons.

Shouldn't these weapons already be in the game? They've already established a powerful precedent for them being the favored weapons of Devourer Cultists, and Solarions can already grab graviton crystals to enhance their powers.

>Sharpshooter Style for Soldiers
>Focused around Full Shots
>Sniper's can't make Full Shots
>The Example Sharpshooter Character uses a Sniper RIfle.

I dont understand.

Designated marksman =/= Sniper

Wait a minute.

>Getting the album that Zigvigix requested requires standing in a raucous line for 6 hours. So long as the PCs do so, they get the album, but they must succeed at a DC 12 Fortitude save to avoid becoming fatigued, followed by a DC 11 Reflex save to avoid taking 1d4 bludgeoning damage from the exuberant crowd on the way out.

Do portable chairs not exist in the future?

Agreed. Perhaps the Gravity Grenade could be an area denial weapon. Once it goes off the core of the grenade forms the singularity for a while and anything that gets within it's range takes bludgeoning damage. I don't believe there are any other grenades that do anything like that and would make for some interesting tactical scenarios.

I don't recall seeing anything like that. Would make sense I guess if they came out in some splat or whatever but considering how long we have to wait in between releases we might as well come up with our own shit.

I'm honestly really hyped how Necromongers can actually be canon in the Starfinder setting.

>Shouldn't these weapons already be in the game?

Right now, not really. Unlike pathfinder (Where guns are bludgeoning and piercing) Starfinder guns are purely piercing.

My thoughts was a large AOE yanking people towards the origin point of the grenade (So they are now clustered) but that is also an idea.

Could also go 'They create a sphere X big of zero-G' for a few turns.

>I don't recall seeing anything like that.

Cult of the Devourer is basically Chaos Undivided (complete with Chaos Champions whose souls are immortal and untethered to the Cycle) with an extreme focus around black holes and entropy, them using graviton weapons makes sense.

Yeah, its fine if you have a long arm, but what the fuck do you go with for Sniper then?

>Flight Frame Powered Armor is Huge

Is that right? Or a misprint and should be Large?

I know, and the best part is they don't have to have anything to do with Eox or the Corpse Fleet to exist. The Underverse and the Holy Half Dead could be a new demi-god on the block

>My thoughts was a large AOE yanking people towards the origin point of the grenade (So they are now clustered) but that is also an idea.
>Could also go 'They create a sphere X big of zero-G' for a few turns.

Nothing says we can't add onto it. Maybe if you're within 5 feet of the area of effect you have to make STR or Dex checks to get pulled in and STR checks to get out if you are. Even so, with something that potentially powerful it should be rare or epensive to get and something you would consider using at desperate moments rather then a de jour combat tactic.

Oh, I meant more about ranged bludgeoning weapons (although hearing how Devourer cultist are more like Chaos undivided does tickle my pickle the right way)

Deciding between Blitz or Guard for my Soldier, is Power Armor worth going for?

Where have I seen this armor before...

Deadboys?

Funny how the GM screen hasn't been leaked yet.

Shocker Army.

>tfw can't do a Solarian Power Armor

Damn. Probably OP but I'd love that shit.

So. Lets assume I want to do a Destiny Home Brew, what classes would fit for what Class/SubClass in Destiny? I'm gonna play it loose with the setting so as not to restrain players too hard, but I figured like, a Soldier with Guard is gonna be a Titan and such.

Solarians are Warlocks, obviously.

I would say it's best not to try and fit the constraints of Hunter/Titan/Warlock esepcially when you consider they weren't all that important during the Warlord/Iron Lord era. That said, I'd certainly say steal everything else.

Really I'd suggest really high damage in a 5ft area and then for a 10ft (or even 15ft) radius save or get bludgeoned and/or knocked prone around the detonation point as you're tossed, things hit you or both.

Probably Dex to avoid the singularity (if you're the lucky sap addressed 'to whom it may concern') and then Str for everyone close taking flying/dodging lessons.

Of course, a clever player could use the pulling affect to throw mooks out windows/airlocks and off tall things.

So would you say this game is good? How is the Solarian class?

>Of course, a clever player could use the pulling affect to throw mooks out windows/airlocks and off tall things.

The thing is, would it hover in place then detonate or would it have to hit the ground then activate? I see what you mean chucking it out the window and defenestrating mooks but it would be a waste if it only activates after physically impacting something. Then again you could do some sick throws and bounce it off of something first I guess

Also, going back to Solarians throwing balls of gravity I was immediately reminded of Destiny 2's new Nova Bomb

youtube.com/watch?v=-Y5RCs6IMJw

As Early as we are into this, How many people have made homebrew for this game?

I actually was thinking how incredible it would be as a sticky grenade to depressurize a ship. Throw it, it sticks to a wall or window and you badly injure or kill everyone close and everybody who's not tied to something has help finding their way out of the hull breech.

Something like that would probably need various fuse modes for utility, but it would definitely be a fun toy. Use as a motion activated proximity mine would also be fun. If I were looking to make it as hilarious as possible, I'd make it arm on contact or on a timer, then explode either instantly, on detecting motion or on next contact.

Of course such a complicated detonation mechanism would make it expensive (though, we're already talking about a mini-singularity device) and means it's plenty easier to fire it from a launcher at a group of mooks and call it a day than set it in the middle of a firefight.

I have a full conversion of Pathfinder homebrew which allows(limited) use of PoW, SoM, SoP, and Veilweaving, along with personal ship-based feats that I think are balanced.

Considering we already have man-portable airburst grenade launchers, is imagine it is not TOO far out of the realm of possibility.

Is be curious to see those, if you have them online. Love playing Viziers.

power armor is a trap and next to useless

light armor is actually better

Fuck that. I'm going Power Armor all the way. And I dont care what munchkins say.

>often used in Shadowrun to describe a Johnson (a quest giver) requesting the party go and get him a carton of milk from the local store.
Deniable milk, no doubt, with dubious payment methods and betrayal at the end.

Of course, user. Wouldn't be Shadowrun otherwise.

Has good bits. And ba...under-tested bits.

The Solarian is a low-rent Green Lantern in many ways, and a bit over-focused. It is not the only class to have this issue.

Are Envoys equipped to accomplish anything in a fight? I'm not clear on what they're expected to do about hostiles.

Here is my initial homebrew. Trying to make bows not suck + I love gravity weapons and was inspired to make some. Feedback is highly appreciated.

Bows SHOULD suck. The bows in Starfinder should be in a monster statblock for when you encounter angry savages in extremely undeveloped worlds. The idea that guns need to balance with bows is whatever in Pathfinder but absolute nonsense in this setting.

Sure, if you are using a low tech bow you'll suck (I didn't give any of the variants for the level 1 bow) but this gives sci-fi options for people to grab.

But well, if the starknife and elven curve blade made the translation to sci-fi versions there is no reason the bow can't.

They already fill the niche of silent low-tech grenade launcher. Add to grenades and you add to bows.

I disagree. Not like, from the standpoint that bows should be on the same level as advanced firearms, but that a modern compound bow has unique utility and function that might make it a good tool when pure destructive ability is what you're after.

Bows are naturally relatively silent and with the improvements of space-age technology and magic I can only imagine them being quieter. Using one to launch some kind of payload may also be very useful, or to affix ziplines and other gear. In a zero-G environment, bows remain consistent and their analog nature makes them practical when fancier gear fails.

Will it outclass or match a firearm? I don't thinks so, but "suck" is too harsh a word. I can see them dealing one-hander damage or perhaps a little more without a lot of the gimmicks and extras of the heavier firepower, but the added versatility pays dividends.

>Add to grenades and you add to bows.

Have you seen the grenade arrow rules? They are 'As a grenade of level -5'. A level 20 grenade arrow does literally half the damage of a level 20 grenade for a much higher cost.

>Will it outclass or match a firearm? I don't thinks so, but "suck" is too harsh a word. I can see them dealing one-hander damage or perhaps a little more without a lot of the gimmicks and extras of the heavier firepower, but the added versatility pays dividends.

Design-wise I tried to put them as a middle ground of longarms(In particular, the hunting rifles) and sniper rifles. They have snipe but not to the same degree as a sniper rifle and are not as long range without snipe as a longarm. The end result is (Intended to be, at least) a very versatile weapon without quite being as perfect in a given situation as another weapon.

Eagle made a few things. I think his changes to Automatic weapons are cool.

docs.google.com/document/d/1x_OVllmNNfqPZq_TcUnLjjL2G_sOXEVpO3KlnEP0dPs/edit

Burst fire feels a bit too powerful with how rare accuracy boosts are this edition.

Oh man, that Burst Fire change is so simple yet effective I love it.

So what's the positive/negative bits of Power Armour? I haven't read the equipment part of the book yet.

Is there a Starfinder PDF that's actually got links in it to individual elements rather than broad categories?

The positive: It's really cool, replaces your str score and changes your size.
The negative: There is basically zero of them statted right now. Only 2 ones for actual combat.

at three times the range, using DEX to hit instead of STR, and with Quick Reload.

The cost thing is typical 3PF item "balance" BS, hardly unique to grenade arrows.

I'm not an expert but well, you gotta have them be powered of course, and take a feat for them (some classes give it)

But they can load weapons onto them, as well have unique power armor upgrades like shields and autoloaders.

There's a Soldier style that focuses on using them too, which looks fun as fuck.

I dont know, I"m not a stat munchkin though so I dont know if they're 'bad' or not. But damn are they cool.