Any miners here?

If I wanted a solid gaming gpu and something for mining in the downtime, what would you reccomend? 1 1080ti's? 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

bitminer.io/2957898
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Would be mining monero and ethereum

mining what? That's like asking what car you should get without stating what you are going to use it for

alts with good upside potential, doing lots of research atm. But right now, probably ethereum and monero. They both look very strong for next year.

>ethereum and monero
yeah that's like mining diamonds with a spoon.
Take something that's not years down the road on the difficulty curve like ETN

when looking at coins to mine, what are the biggest things you look for? Difficulty and price?

>Difficulty and price?
yeah, those are the two things that will influence your gains the most. Literaly how much you need to invest per coin and how much you get per coin

Dont be pajeetin' lazy and use google. Type in " hi google i am as dumb as rocks. What are the cost and hash rates of mining crypto?" Then you will have your answer

Yeah I'm still doing research, sorry. My largest question though, isn't what coin to mine (because that can change all the time). My largest question is what GPU should I be buying (see OP). I currently own a super overclocked 980ti and am unsure if I can effectively mine stuff right now on it..

Buy a vega for monero mining or wait for consumer volta or 12nm refresh of vega.

There will be no longevity in the profitability rate of pascal and polaris generations of gpus. sometime in the next 6 months ethereum will go full proof of stake and all other gpu mined currencies will be flooded with hash power that reduces profit per megahash.

Vega is worse for gaming than 1080ti but it keeps getting better with more and more driver updates and game engine updates. If you want 100+ FPS on a 4k monitor high settings RIGHT NOW then buy 1080ti, but if you're patient then wait to see what volta and 12nm vega have to offer first. 1080ti will barely carry 4k 60FPS min frames on higher settings in most modern games. It's not gonna make it.

>1080ti will barely carry 4k 60FPS min frames on higher settings in most modern games. It's not gonna make it.
neither does any other card on the market right now. 4k isn't exactly doable on a single card right now

I forgot to explain. Vega is much more efficient at monero mining compared to other gpus that can be bought right now so it will still be profitable even if there is a hash power exodus with polaris and pascal gpus from ethereum into other stuff.

Wow, thanks for the detailed writeup senpai, I greatly appreciate it. I guess I'll either buy a 1080ti or wait since AMD cards are impossible to buy at MRSP atm. I don't think my 980 ti would do much currently.

The 1070 has better hashes per watt tho

Anyone tried this meme bitcoin miner? bitminer.io/2957898

my 980ti overclocked is pushing about 200-240H/s on ETN (monero fork) right now if you are looking for a comparison. Getting about 300H/s on the CPU though

Find a ton of fresh coins, mine them while the difficulty is extremely low, mine for 24 hours and do this for 2 weeks, then pick a higher difficulty coin and just run that one. Hold those 10+ low difficulty coins you mined for 12 months, shit bricks when you check their prices.

not clicking, everything I've heard about cloud mining points to bad. Just mine on your own rig.

Forgot to ask, do you guys mine on pools?

my 780 just werks for 90% of the gaymes i play

Any recommendations? I recently lucked out with ZEN and XZC but I've just been flipping ZEC for BTC like a fag lately. Sounds like fun.

I'm currently on 1440p and play lots of AAA titles and am in the process of either getting a 4k HDR 144hz or an ultrawide 144hz so I need a beast card to push it. Might as well try to mine in the downtime.

I'm currently mining Dash with 2x Bitmain Antminer D3's pusing a little over 40GH/s total. At first I was regretting my decision to buy these pieces of shit, but things are starting to look better now that Dash prices have risen in recent weeks.

I've fully paid off my investment at this point (~$2000) and should be turning a profit of nearly $600/month for the next few months, probably dipping a bit due to increasing difficulty and relaxed price swings. The initial investment was a drop in the bucket, but I still wish I had bought BTC/LTC with it when I had the funds.

Any recommendations for a miner that's coming up for preorder anytime soon? I'm interested in offloading these and replacing them with something a bit more powerful/profitable.

I live in a little 600 sqft apartment by myself, are there any sub $500 miners that are worthwhile nowadays? I can deal with varying temperatures inside, so I can probably save some of the electricity cost by not using my furnace nearly as much over the winter if these things produce as much heat as I've read they do

Fuck that, man. I've developed a bond with my miners that no man could step between but they are totally a poor investment choice when you could just buy a crypto outright and not have to deal with maintenance, electric costs, and noise.

yeah but if I'm already going to be buying a new gpu, I might as well look for some ROI. I think that ROI you get with gpus has a lot of potential for nvidia and amd in the coming years.

Build a nice PC for yourself with 1-2 1080's and mine during your off-usage hours. Should give you a decent return on the cards at least, and eventually you'll have a free computer that earns some money on the side.

Coming from a person who had 2 ASICs in a 450sq/ft apartment, just don't do it. It's a terrible idea and the noise/heat is almost unbearable.