How do you feel about black elves?

Not Dark Elves, but Elves who are Black

Define "black"

No different from elves who are white.

Still fictional so, meh?

The kinda elf you wouldnt want your dwarf bringing home to mama

That's any kind of elf, though.

Rock it.

If you are trying to publish something I'd go out of my way to give Drow some more prominent features to separate them from black elves.

>There exists one or more subsets of elves which he considers okay for his dwarf to take home

Get out.

They don't exist

It can work as long as it doesn't turn into WE WAZ KAAAANGS absolute horseshit and doesn't turn into "We're black elves who invented everything and the world, fuck you short-lived cracker devil son of a bitch".

So basically it can work as long as your players aren't blacks who secretly or semi-secretly absolutely hate whites.

hehehe

>"We're black elves who invented everything and the world, fuck you short-lived cracker devil son of a bitch".

I want this to be a setting now. I want it so bad.

As long as they are mostly found at or originate from a location where black skin would benefit.

>Magic doesn't exist

user, plz.

I have no strong feelings either way.

Are you implying some elves are black because of magic?

So... desert Elves? Jungle Elves?

I think that Wood Elves in 5e have brown skin canonically... does that make them black?

>We're black elves who invented everything and the world, fuck you short-lived round-eared son of a bitch

Sounds like a decent start to reimagining Drow

I see no issue. I actually would go a second mile and make them have african fetish magic, werebeasts, coloured mini houses and a godess that is a half elf, half sea thing with a pregnant belly that birthed everything else. Clothe them in nothing but bead corsets with very high, multicoloured neck things, and over complicated hairstyles.

I second this.

I feel like there is some iteration of drow in some D&D setting or another where they're dark-skinned because of the magical underdark radiation but I can't prove it.

neither do elves

So, kinda like the elves in Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari?

Fine by me, don't see why they wouldn't have different skin tones like humans do.

Why don't they also have rounded ears like humans do?

WE

Originally, I believe they were cursed to have black skin because they followed Lloth, but more recently I think it got retconned into "That's just how they are" or something

They're originally from an environment that favors a different ear shape for some reason? I dunno.

It's been done in Shadowrun, where one of the three states run by immortal elves is in South Africa (Azania), and the elves are all black.

Un natural and a Joke

Delicious brown elf is the best kind

Most delicious brown elves are Dark Elves, not black Elves

TREES

I can do ya one better
One of my highest level characters was a dark elf who was black, and spoke like Samuel L. Jacksons character in Pulp Fiction

>a dark elf who was black

As opposed to a dark elf who was white?

What?

>Why don't they also have rounded ears like humans do?

Why don't humans have protruding faces like chimps do?

If we're just talking skintone then I don't care, but if we're talking actual facial features like with real black people, then I wouldn't be able to take the idea of the elves being pretty seriously.

The same way I feel about non black elves. Kill them all, forever.

How does that even happen to a face?

Evolutionary deadend

NIGGA

>KANGZposting elves who worship a strong black goddess who don't need no god
This sounds great. Make the underdark tied to the elemental plane of fried chicken or something.

Abbos aren't fully human. They diverged over 40,000 years ago and interbred with more primitive hominids.

Probably some sort of perfect storm between diet, lifestyle and genetics

>Fried chicken everywhere solves the problem of food supply for an underground civilization
>Get so sick of fried chicken they raid the surface world for literally any other food

I'd prefer Indian or Persian elves.

>Giant turbans supported by long ears
>The boss elf is the one with the heaviest, biggest turban because that means his ears are strongest

It also naturally creates the thieving noogers stereotype because they exist essentially in post scarcity - water, air, and mineral wealth aren't exactly scarce in a magic cave, so add in infinite chikuns and you get a bunch of greasy layabouts with no respect for property rights.

>most dark elves in the setting had that greyish-purplish skin tone, and that stupid silvery straight hair, and silver gold or purple eyes
>mine was literally Jules from Pulp Fiction with elf ears
I don't see what's so hard to understand here

Depends.

If created by a god, then you have to ask if the same god created all ethnic groups of Elves and did one human god do the same to all ethnic groups of humans, and if yes to both then did the dwarf and orc and so on gods all do the same?

But yeah, Chocolate Elves are fine too.

Elves have exagrated european facial Features as far as im concerned as such "Black elves" would probably be more ackin to brown elves