Dice

What dice do you use? Cheap dice, expensive precision dice, metal dice? Do you keep any uncommon dice around? Do you use a bag?

This. Buy a new one every couple years to replenish losses.

I buy chessex cubes of d6's for warhammer.

I have somewhere between 15-20 noname sets, a few chessex polyhedral sets, a box of chessex d6s.

I have mostly Chessex Dice for my Polyhedrals, as far as D6's I have no clue what brand they are, but I have a fairly diverse assortment with the exception of a few older dice I've had since I was a kid that have always served me well.

Then I have a REALLY old D6 that has Yellowed to a deep Goldenrod color.

>Cheap dice, expensive precision dice, metal dice?
Yes, yes, yes.

>Do you keep any uncommon dice around?
I keep metal, wood, bone, lava, gemstone, marble, and other varieties of dice on hand for fun, yes. I like me some dice. I can provide a few pics if anyone really wants.

>Do you use a bag?
I have a lot of my dice in a large carved bowl and a space in a treasure chest box I have. However, I keep the frequently used dice in a variety of Wyrmwood boxes that I have acquired over the years from various Kickstarters and the like. I also carry one set of cheapo Chessex dice in my backpack for random dice emergencies.

Show us the dice bub and no one gets hurt

What do you wanna see? Or just dealer's choice?

I have a bag of random ass assorted dice that got lost in a move (rip) so now I've got a chessex set and an Acq Inc. set

I'd like to get some artisanal dice but they've not been a purchasing priority. I'd LOVE a set made from uranium glass, because that'd be baller as fuck, but no one makes them afaik

requesting bone

Lava marble gemstone

Is the wood too light for play?

>metal dice
No. That's worse than drinking without a coaster.

First of two pics, took a selection of my stuff and took pictures on my desk. From left, front to back:

-Set of gunmetal and yellow, Easy Roller Dice Company, high quality
-Pair of old brass d6s from the 50s. Heavy, reliable, feel good to roll
-Italian marble d6 from Italy. Chips easily but very nice to look at.
-Lava d6s from Mt. Vesuvius. Actually have 3d6 but can't find the third.
-Carbon fiber d6s from Kickstarter. Absolutely amazing, very light.
.Bone d6s, source unknown. Have 4d6, found them in my house as a set. Not sure where they came from. Have some cracks, think they date back to the origin of the house (built in 1951).
-Pair of Cubble dice, Kickstarter. Very nice, tricky to read at first, but you get used to it. Anodized aluminum.
-Clay and iron fired d6 from an artist at GenCon. Not balanced, but unique and fun to look at/play with.
-Pair of Cubble Hollow dice, Kickstarter. AMAZINGLY light (obviously). Have been the fascination of everyone who has seen them in person.

Boxes, from left:
-Argentinum Lignum Vitae. Restricted wood that my guy at Wyrmwood managed to get a hold of for me. Has faded to a light yellow-green color. Smells kinda like a pine tree. Dense, hard, very rewarding to handle.
-American Cherry. Nothing really special, but high quality and very pleasant to handle.

Second pic incoming with a few more.

Color code you dice. One color per shape, one shape per color.

dOES crazy THINGS TO THE SPEED OF PLAY.

Second pic, again, from left:

-Set of painted jaspar, Kickstarter. It's a low value gemstone, but extremely nice to handle. Has an odd tendency to get sticky, not sure why, I think it's a thing with the stone. Kept in a airtight container to help with that, often wash them off. d20 isn't cut evenly, but I don't use it much, so I don't mind.
-Solid titanium d6s, Kickstarter. Couldn't help but pick these up, you can't see the faces well in the pic sadly. Extremely heavy, I don't roll them on unprotected surfaces.
-Three sets of 2d6s made from nephrite, mother of pearl, various gemstones, and silver inlay. Peruvian, found on Kickstarter, wanted to back their recent project for the Obsidian dice but lacked the money. Extremely hard, very heavy, very nice. After the Hollows, these draw the most attention.

Box is Bolivian Rosewood, like a lot of my other Wyrmwood products (deckbox, DM screen, tower, dice vault, dice tray, carrying case for the DM screen set up). Design is Veeky Forums related, props to anyone who can place it.

That's...That's genius, user.

Only problem is finding multiple sets of the same dice.

It's good to have multiple shades of the same type of die, though. That way you can do shit like roll d20s with different modifiers together, or roll one normal d6 and one elemental d6.

I have a mixture of dice I have chessex, koplow, the armory, a few gamescience, and quite a few from unknown makers from the late 90's. I have to say though my favorites have to be Koplow Translucent Dice and Gamescience Dice.

>Lava marble gemstone
See and .

>Is the wood too light for play?
Well, kinda. I didn't list the wood because I couldn't grab them quickly. I have some Kaori coming from Kickstarter, so I can report on that when they arrive. As for the other wood stuff I have, it's mostly plywood dice I have, and yeah, those are too light to really play with comfortably. They work, but they're a little light and I worry about them when I use them. I mostly use them as decorations.

Bruh, what do you do for a living?

I'm actually a pretty broke guy, I just save well, have no expensive hobbies, don't drink, and don't have a woman. Without major drains on my income, I manage to put a lot of it towards my gaming accouterments. If you'd still like to know what I do for a living, I buy and sell Magic cards for a local business.

Well right on man, I guess the more I think about it I'm kind of in the same boat, my real "passions" just lie elsewhere.

Also useful for Warhams. "Red is plasma, Green is bolters, Blue gets a re-roll" and you can throw them all and work through things a touch faster.

I use digital dice

You can get right the fuck

Yours.

I have some lapis lazuli dice. They're somewhat skewed, but not enough with my rolling table to matter. But they look pretty and get the job done.

>What dice do you use?
I bought a pound o' dice once for lending and dice pool systems but I am still rolling with my first set a standard set of seven Chessex Earth Speckled dice. They fall into the cheap category but they will always hold a special place in my heart.

>Do you keep any uncommon dice around?
Yes: D3, D5, D7, D16, D24, D30, a d18 with weather conditions instead of numbers, and a six sided die with faces for random NPC reactions/moods.

>Do you use a bag?
Yes and in that bag I also keep a one minute timer, a deck of cards, and a small assortment of colored hanwa pegs.

Does anyone know what game uses a d30?

>Play D&D
>use it for BBEG
>Laugh at the party' she existential dread

I bought like 5 sets of Chessex monochrome that I cycle through. Just a few different basic colors to suit my fancy.