wow rude. Eywa is for love and worship

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

>Nuke
>Not just virus bombing the place
Stop wasting the Emperor's resources on weak, primitive xenos who literally still shit in the woods.

I don't think there any systems available that could stat out the concept behind a failed franchise attempt.

>failed

there's four sequels being made user

Standard Garden World
Thin Atmosphere Density: 0.75
High Oxygen; Ill effects as if normal atmosphere density; Mildly Toxic; Flammability of materials one class higher (B433)
Standard Ocean: 70 - 80% coverage
Avg. Surface Temperature: 316 K
Tropical World Climate: 103.4 - 114.2 F
Blackbody Correction: 0.9856
Blackbody Temperature: 320.6 K / 111.7 - 122.7 F
Large Iron Core: 1.0 Density
World Diameter: 0.958 Earths / 7,593 Miles
Surface Gravity: 0.958 G
Mass: 0.879 Earths
Atmospheric Pressure: 0.719 atm
Very Abundant Resources: +2 RVM
Habitability and Affinity: +3 / +5

>mildly toxic
if suffocating in one minute is mildly toxic, whats very toxic?

Pretty boring when compared with the other Pandoras.

Personally, I'm partial to the "Alpha Centauri" kind of Pandora.

I'd imagine it as a lot more things dying. That can easily be changed within GURPs and not have any of the other things change, though.

>High Oxygen; Ill effects as if normal atmosphere density; Highly Toxic; Flammability of materials one class higher (B433)

>moon-sized supercomputer AI and/or a literal god
>lush interesting jungle inhabited by cute aliens
>pretty boring

Eywa/Pandora is in alpha centauri though

Dying right with the first breath.
And they can have their skin exposed to the atmosphere, can't they? Very toxic might not allow that.

In GURPs corrosive dictates exposure to skin and stuff, toxicity deals with breathing it. Highly is a roll every minute, mild is every hour. Oversight on my part but corrected me.

Oh neat.

how about the na'vi, how would you stat them?

Completely wiped out during Exterminatus.

-10HP

rude

can Polymorph at will
I AM MANY THINGS

a avatar RPG could probably work with a healthy dose of imagination to fill in eventual blanks

That does not mean it's a successful franchise, the Live Action Resident Evils got four sequels too and those are selectively overlooked by everyone. A successful franchise necessitates the series being in the public mind as more than just a movie series, such as Star Wars having games.

Pandora's atmosphere is actually like 20% dense than Earth's.
james-camerons-avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Pandora

Stats of Eldar, primitive weapons, no armor.

but the resident evil movies are a successful franchise, they've earned their budgets many times over. Just like the fast & furious franchise and transformers.
Also avatar isn't a franchise yet. It will be 2020

Political Recuperation/10

what would be some good plothooks for either human or na'vi (or mixed) campaigns?

From previous threads (what's with the Avatar threads recently btw?):
> Before getting expelled, the human mining had unearth "something" from Pandora past... was there a time before Eywa?

Also, from a sequel idea:
> Na'vi go full "Humans had their chance but only bring destruction, get out REEEEEEE"
> Humans go " Fuck everything, we NEED the stuff, and your stagnant poor excuse of a civilisation is not much of a price to pay"
> Things escalate while heroes on both side try to find a compromise
> Weird scene where they negotiate with Eywa in a strange non-verbal way
> Human character make Eywa understand there is merit to humans and if technology can be destructive it's also the only way to go forward while Na'vi convince humans of the potential of Eywa-type consciousness
> Eywa realise her precious garden can be vaporised by any cosmological accidents, and humans are the only ones able to spread life so it could go on
> Eywa finally chose symbiosis: Pandora will offer unobtainium in exchange of spreading magic trees on humans colonies, creating new world consciousness
> There may even be some hopes that it could slowing fix Earth

Sequel sequel:
> Every world seeded with big ass trees would have its own Eywa-like world spirit, which is not just an extension of Eywa.
> Protagonists now have to grow and teach an unknowable alien mind that just get born. Eywa may be kind of savage but it's also old, how would an infant Eywa-like mind would act and learn?

> One Eywa-sprout may go full totalitarian mind control with good intentions and characters don't know if they should kill it before it grows too strong and try again or try to correct its ways
> another could be too pusillanimous and don't dare to do what it's supposed to do out of fear of breaking the more fragile bodies or minds of individuals
> Another could go full feral...

Stat me.

Paternal Autocrat.
10% dissent.

Boy, what a great-looking circa 2002 CG wallpaper

baby Eywas sounds cute.
Another plothook for na'vi characters could be that a relative gets ill (maybe even from exposure to something the humans have left behind) and it's up to the players to venture to a human settlement, following half-truths and half exaggerated legends (the uninformed na'vi think the human helicopters are living black demons for example) to find their way there and hopefully a way to save their relative.

>Spiders
Muh diick

you mean with the colors and scenery?

The biggest owlbear I have ever seen.
We may be fucked.

Trying to figure out why the fuck the mountains float.
Trying to figure out what the fuck unobtanium actually is.
Trying to figure out why the military tactics were to send a giant force of ground troops into an area they were about to bomb.
Trying to figure out why Na'vi are so stupid, only four of them have thought 'just jump on it from above' in the entire course of their history.
Looking for the insane extra-dimensional god who made this world, because it's evolutionary process makes no fucking sense.
Leaving the planet and having actual fun somewhere else.

Let's see here

>Trying to figure out why the fuck the mountains float.
Fair enough, Grace knew this (unubtainium in the mountains suspended in a magnetic field) but she never told her bosses that and died with that information. Playing as members of a expedition to find out why could be fun.

>Trying to figure out what the fuck unobtanium actually is.
A room-temperature superconductor used to make trains

>Trying to figure out why the military tactics were to send a giant force of ground troops into an area they were about to bomb.
Playing as a team sent in to recover information about the catastrophic loss of a entire private army could be fun

>Trying to figure out why Na'vi are so stupid, only four of them have thought 'just jump on it from above' in the entire course of their history.
Exploring na'vi myths and legends and the dynamic between them and Eywa would be cool. Also they probably didn't take the chance if they really didn't need to.

>Looking for the insane extra-dimensional god who made this world, because it's evolutionary process makes no fucking sense.
I agree that the na'vi make no real sense, considering all other "mammal" life on pandora has eight limbs, four eyes and two queues while the na'vi have four limbs, two eyes and one hair-covered queue.

>Leaving the planet and having actual fun somewhere else.
you can have great fun on Pandora!

>Empires Slain: 1
>Crusader States Defeated: ~2.8
>Viennas Captured: 0

>10 limbs
What.

truly, too pure for this galaxy

That's not a spider, it's a spider crab!

>you can have great fun on Pandora!
I'd love it if they handed me a proper mech and pointed at the nearest na'vi village, yes.

*pierces your glass*

I said proper mech, not just some tool to help build stuff. I'm sure a good mech's glass can withstand bullet hits.

*tips you over*

>tfw you will never have a healthy fulfilling life in a close knit community with a hot mate you can connect directly too and share your deep love with while raising blue Eywa-fearing children

Eight legs and two pedipalps.

>tfw you're not a filthy xeno
Gotta look on the bright side some, user.