Can you live off a million dollars?

can you live off a million dollars?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/qhFVAxQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

For my whole life? Yeah definitely. I could easily just buy a few houses that I rent out and live off it.

if you are slav

assuming you live in a western country and make 60K per year, you can live off it for a little over 20 years (if it's appreciating in an investment)

so it depends how old you are. The smart thing to do would be to reinvest and live a little better than normal, maybe buy a modest house to make your life easier and retire early.

Invest that shit and live off of the 50k a year NEET money your investor makes for you.

I would stay a NEET living at home so yes.

I probably couldn't at my age (33). But what I would do.

1) Pay off my house (~$97k remaining on mortgage)
2) Pay off all other debt (~$15k)
3) Put $100k in gold
4) Put $200k in silver
5) Buy 2-3 ~$150k rental properties that could net me $1k/month.

Live easy.

$1k/month EACH i meant...

put it into a vanguard index and live off the 10% youll make each year, 100k is probably enough for most people

Buy land you cuck

> put arbitrary amount into random metals
> buying rental properties because they're magical money trees
Right

>investing in gold and silver

just buy real estate with that money

Yes, 5% interest -40% capital gains tax = $30k a year. I would like more so I can travel.

what the hell do you think the houses would sit on you fuckwit? Your mom's ass?

400k for a house.

200k USD safetynet.

300k USD investments,for,boost to,income.

100k into xrb for the next,million dollars.

>buy real estate

Holy Christ.... what do you think rental properties are?

Fuck has this board become...

I would feel unsafe on that island

im saying drop the meme metal and invest more in something that will actually pay you and gain value

Why? Afraid of a moose or something?

That "meme metal" has 6,000+ years of history behind it. I will always have some as an emergency cushion.

Besides, I made a fortune off of silver from 2008-2011.

tbf etherium is the new silver

>Not buying barrels of crude oil and storing them on your property
>Not being a barrelholder
>Not being an oil marine

>not buying live pigs and keeping them on your property to beat the pork futures

Easily.

With care, and as long as the dollars are not Australian or canadian

Yeah, a lot of obsolete shit has thousands of years of history behind it.

>buying gold and silver

at least buy something that generates revenue

It's not about generating revenue, it's about hedging against inflation.

we're certainly trying to do so in here, discord.gg/qhFVAxQ

>gold and silver
>obsolete

How fucking retarded are you? What the hell did you just type that with? A quill pen?

Moron.

It's obsolete as money. Most of it just sits in vaults doing nothing. If we just treated it like we do every other material we use for making computers the current price is overinflated.

You're a 100% certified, authorized, confirmed, grade A, top of the line, best in class - moron.

really depends.

>hows your health? need healthcare
>hows your life? chart living expenses and social expenses including christmas presents for family and birthday gifts.
>what do you desire daily? drugs and sex? thats gonna cost.
>what can entertain you while you wait to die like the rest of us? an xbox with online play or some inexpensive hobby
>are you interested in making money work for you? need atlest 200k in regular stocks or continue trading crypto and track your taxes.

Yes, start a muni bond fund and live off the 5.5-7.5% tax free coupons. Only need about 40-50k to live comfy the remainder 10-20k would be reinvested.
I know you guys are anti-safe investing but fuck nigger who wants to lose your 1st million on a bet.

>Living in Spain rn
>comfy, safe and cheap
I would deposit my money in a fixed interest rate account that gives me 2% profit per year and live with that. 20k € here are like $80k in USA.

Fuck you and everybody else in your little group.

21 and have $2.3M in ETH. Still feel poor.

Jelly 4 reals

if i could get a safe 3-5% return from investments i could easily live very comfortably off of $1M
in fact, $1M is probably the point where i hope to le cash out 95%
>tfw only $950k to go
t. easter european