The Bydo show up int the 40k setting, how do they fare?

The Bydo show up int the 40k setting, how do they fare?

How long until only the seabirds are happy to see them on this warm summer night?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nc97pGwseRI
youtube.com/watch?v=t0Mwqz9fFLQ
rtype.wikia.com/wiki/Bydo_Empire
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Everyone, *everything* dies. Nothing in the 40k galaxy possesses even the tiniest capacity to face the Bydo whatsoever.

Bump.

The Imperium cannot shoot then fly up and shoot and then fly down and shoot.

maybe Necrons

They get murdered by the Imperium. Don't underestimate how ridiculous Imperium voidships are.

And if the Imperium can't do it, the Eldar can, since they can do the same shit the R-Type fighters did with their own, hyper-maneuverable fighters piloted by precognitive pilots.

Not even then. The Bydo can corrupt and corrode machinery in *all* of its forms. That's why R-Type Humanity stopped using AIs. They were too vulnerable to Bydo subversion.

>Genuinely think the Imperium and the Eldar even hold a fucking *spark* compared to R-Type Humanity.
R-Type ships are canonical.y tossing around low-level pets tons like candy, each time they engage in their fights. Humanity in R-Type has gained some grasp on time-travel, have minor ships that can blast apart whole planets, and yet they are -still- losing the war against the Bydo despite all of this.

The Bydo are bad news for everyone, but what happens if a Space Corps fleet finds its way into 40k?

Most likely Scenario? The various factions underestimate them, and attempt to attack/enslave them. Then they all get fucking massacred because the Space Corps are far, far, *far* better equipped than they are.

These gyro-soundin' xenos don't have shit on the Imperium, my man.

Chaos maybe, but the Bydo are some Nth degree warp fuckery of their own, so perhaps they distort the warp too.

Well, I suppose that depends on the actual firepower level of the wave-beams.

The bydo are such hax that they have colonized the goddamned data layer of reality, and to put up any fight against that speaks well of their equipment.

For R-Type Space Corps v 40k Imperium it will come down to if their weapons can overload a Void Shield.

>These gyro-soundin' xenos don't have shit on the Imperium, my man.
You mean the Imperium that has such a clusterfuck of a system that it can take literal MONTHS for them to respond to threats, when all the Bydo need is an hour before they have converted all light, sound, data, thought, and matter into more Bydo within an entire sector?

I don't know about 40k, but bydo are HIGH ON MY LIST of "things I would love to EDF against"

R-Type Tactics is surprisingly good, by the way. Just a pity that the Bydo side is just unstoppable with those mechs that fire in a straight line.

It's sad that most people haven't bothered to make Let's Plays for it. Especially now that Bitter Chocolate has an English translation.

Tactics 2 just got a fan translation.

Though PPSSPP crashes my video driver.

If the Bydo are serious then they dimensional-rape everyone, but if like in the game they just slowly conquer and terraform planets they are worse nids but with technology until someone finds a Core

Wait, it does? Oh _shit_ son I need to get right fucking on that.
inb4 just as fucking depressing as 1.

It's even more depressing.

>inb4 just as fucking depressing as 1.
Oh my poor sweet summer child... It's some much worse than pyu could ever possibly ossibly imagine.

I am watching the LP because I really suck at this game

Alright, can I level with you?

Do you know how much work you fuckers have me doing? Do you know how much shit I have to do to keep the time stream my bitch?

You fuckers think its so funny; "Oh hey, lets toss in the Bydo!" says one fucked in the head cultist. Sure, fine, thats okay.

But than another idiot says "Lets summon Cthulhu!" Like the fucking memelord he is.

And than The Culture, and than The Flood, and than the Fore Runners, and than the Flying Smug anime girls who laugh at me and make fun of my hat, and than the Empire, and than the Robots the size of the Universe, and than the Cuttlefish-Lookin reapers, and than the Lensmen, and than Star Patrol, and than what ever shit is trending at the moment, and than god knows what else.

Do you know how fucking retarded my schedule is? How many chucklefuck lords I have to deal with who have no idea I just saved not just theirs, and the entire universe, by just changing one little thing?

Do you have ANY IDEA how hard it is to keep my prophecies correct? Its already hard enough without some retarded space gobbledy gooks popping in to fuck everything over.

And I swear to the Star Gods, if I have to deal with that fucking twat in the blue box, I'm gonna rip my sunflower hat off and eat it.

So please, Just let it be.

>And I swear to the Star Gods, if I have to deal with that fucking twat in the blue box, I'm gonna rip my sunflower hat off and eat it.
Oil! I'm-I mean, He's not a twat!

STOP TWIDDLING YOUR MECHA-DILDO IN MY FACE, YOU NOB

You will have to deal with all of these things, and far worse things than this.

Every possible universe you can imagine is happening, some when, some where, and every being you can think of exists, some when, some where, in some universe.

You will meet them all over the grand course of time.

There is no escape except oblivion in the orbit of azathoth.

>STOP TWIDDLING YOUR MECHA-DILDO IN MY FACE, YOU NOB
No can do! Anyway, I-I mean, the Doctor has to go deal with some unsavory "guests" causing trouble on a Level 5 world. Hope you figure out how to calm your servos there Ori-boy! Allons-y!

"I was born out of the greediness of mankind... so long as humans exist, so shall I!"

Bacterion is *literally* utterly Incapable of defending himself if somebody manages to break through his forces, and reach his inner sanctum. I mean sure, he has -so- many minions that reaching him would be practically impossible for all but the best the Imperium has to offer, but still. If someone manages to -Somehow- reach his seat of power, he's fucked.

40k ships can fly left and right. They just move sideways a little bit, and go around all the Bydo.

Getting destroyed is sometimes part of his plan, every cell in his body will grow to be a new planet bacterion over time, and when he explodes, surviving clumps fly off at warp speed or near it.

Also theres some contention that bacterion's various forms are not mature yet, and that he is so dangerous the only possibility of stopping him is destroying him before he matures.

>Also theres some contention that bacterion's various forms are not mature yet, and that he is so dangerous the only possibility of stopping him is destroying him before he matures.
So what you're telling me is that every time we face the God Of Evil that is Bacterion, we are effectively facing a gestating fetus that has not truly reached its full power yet? That's honestly..rather terrifying. Especially when you add in his ridiculous regeneration.

Yes, that's what I'm telling you.

The life cycle is theorized to be Zelos-Force, Giant Brain, then several variations on the 'giant head' form, each bigger and more complicated than the last, then finally some kind of extreme power level big as a death star alien hominid.

Bacterion is described as having "wiped whole sections of the universe clear of life, sent billions of civilizations to ultimate doom and destruction, burned 3/4ths of the universe in utter destruction, and dominated all life in very numerous galaxies for billions of years".

that (spoiler its unavoidable) future is what you are fighting to stop in the series.

You know, at thisome point I'm honestly unsure which is worse: The Bydo or Bacterion. I mean, they are both embodiments of pure cosmic Evil, but it's honestly difficult to rank them in terms of how much they would fuck various settings over. Atleast the Darius series has *semi-grounded* main villains.

Bacterion's complete total final and absolute victory over the entire universe is ultimately completely totally absolutely unavoidable, it -will definitely- (absolutely definitely) eventually happen.

The only good thing about the situation is that it takes a bacterion a loooooong time to become an adult, and an absolutely enormous amount of energy and resources to maintain even a slow steady rate of growth.

Can you even begin to imagine the fear a galaxy would have if they found out that just 1 cell of bacterion had been found in their galaxy?

Imagine finding out that absolutely all life in your galaxy (from germs to Klingons to larry king) had been absorbed entirely and completely by bacterion, and that there were absolutely no organic lifeforms in your galaxy except -a- bacterion?

Imagine looking at it from a space ship window and understanding that all organic matter in your galaxy had been consumed and absorbed by this... being?

>Imagine looking at it from a space ship window and understanding that all organic matter in your galaxy had been consumed and absorbed by this... being?
It would probably be absolutely soul-shattering. To find that your entire galaxy has been subsumed by some cosmic atrocity, and that this isn't even the end of its growth (far from it in fact). I think the only saving grace is the amount of time Bacterion needs to reach the True God Of Evil stage. And that each time it's destroyed, it has to start rebuilding from scratch, with only bits and pieces of previous genetic coding to work with.

So we know that the Bydo and Bacterion stomp so horribly that it isn't even funny, but how old these guys fare in 40k?

Easy, WH40Kids always win.

Because WH40K magictechlogic.

That's the only answer you will ever get.

The Ordo Chronos thanks you both for your service to the imperium Xenos Scum

The fighters in G-Darius are armed with a scaled-down planet buster which they power by capturing enemy ships and converting them into energy, and they still need multiple hits to kill a battleship.

>R-Type ships are canonical.y tossing around low-level pets tons like candy
>looks at the actual R-Type levels where you fly around cities shooting bullets like candy without melting the continent
Bull shit. The only advantage the R-Type ships have over the Bydo is maneuverability.

ssssupermaterials.
It's how 40k gets away with their bullshit nonsensical shit weapons.

That doesn't explain why the entire screen doesn't flash white as the continent melts every time you fire your weapon, user.

In 40k, when people start throwing around petaton yields, this happens: youtube.com/watch?v=Nc97pGwseRI

Bydo are technological and wwre created using black magic

Due to their power level and due to the nature of things in WH40K, I would imagine that everyone, even the various chaos entities, would find it worrying to discover either Belser Bydo or Bacterion.

However I could also see their influence as being more indirect, such as moving minions about similar to the chaos entities, and very, very seldom directly appearing.

So, the issue they would face is, everyone fears them. Everyone. Though some would never even slightly acknowledge that fear. So they would quickly find themselves having to either take a very back stage role to avoid serious system and galaxy devastating direct encounters with their more powerful opponents, or, be so mysterious and move about so often that they're almost never seen.

As far as direct battle, Belser and Bydo have the advantage over Bacterion, however, late in the series Bacterion did attack, it fires warp gates that carried you back to previous bosses 3 at a time in one game, had option hunters (steal power ups and fly away, nearly indestructible), during zelos-state it had 2 orbiting dragon protectors, GUARDIAN and INTRUDER, one was made of diamond material and one was made of magma. So it could take a limited role in battle. Additionally and finally, Bacterion's body overflow was dissipated by making creatures called bureins, which were space-ship sized masses of unintelligent brain matter with 2, 3, 4, or 5 very long tentacle limbs (some were over 1000 feet long).

I personally found certain forms of Bydo and Belser to be nearly impossibly hard when I did some quick run throughs to see what they were like.

I'm not familiar with WH40K very much, but I believe that Bydo, Belser, Bacterion, and Abadox might be interesting additions to the variety of space and warp abominations that are seen in WH40K.

If all of them are together in the same universe, its unlikely they would be anything but ice cold hostile towards each other.

to be fair, the R-Type ship "Last Dancer" does have a shot that while it does take a fairly long time to charge, does happen to vaporize everything on screen, late bosses excluded.

>'m not familiar with WH40K very much, but I believe that Bydo, Belser, Bacterion, and Abadox might be interesting additions to the variety of space and warp abominations that are seen in WH40K.
The fact that you mentioned Abadox is extremely interesting, especially since Parasitis was roughly the size of the Solar System. Which would likely make it very easy to notice it's movements.

All of them do, remember mega-crush? That was the classic 'flash the whole screen and every enemy is gone' option power.

Parasitis and Bacterion would probably have the advantage of there being extremely numerous copies of them floating about in various states of maturity, parasitis I'm not sure about, but Bacterion's cells could survive nuclear blasts and falling through black holes and such things as that, not to mention the rigors of long-distance warp-travel.

See I thought it was the other way around and japanaboo weebo shit always wins because everything in every setting is like the giga-ultra-mega asspull godlike power over time and matter wankery

From what I can recall, Parasitis had to be entered directly from inside, and the very core for its being had to be destroyed to kill it. It was just *far* too big to be fought normally. The biggest advantage that Parasitis has over the others, is just sheer size.

Oh I know, I just meant that both bacterion and parasitis most likely had copies and parts of copies floating around between galaxies or in galaxies outside the one we're in.

A star blowing up outside it or it falling into a black hole or something along those lines might kill parasitis as well.

>A star blowing up outside it or it falling into a black hole or something along those lines might kill parasitis as well.
Probably. Though parts of it might survive and get spread our across the galaxy, thus making it a much more difficult threat to deal with.

the planets are also made of super materials, dummy.

40k ships can't outright vaporize planets, so they definitely have the advantage there.

youtube.com/watch?v=t0Mwqz9fFLQ

That planet was also a Saturn like Gas-Giant, which means that the Belser possess the raw power to mass-scatter gas-giant planets. That would mean that they easily exceed the Imperium in the firepower area.

why am I more impressed by the capture of the space fish than the planet explosion?

raw power is easy, control is difficult.

Also, fucking space fish.

I've never heard of the Bydo. What makes them so great? Where can I learn more?

R-type enemy.
They're classic space bio machine monsters.

Here you go user. Bask in the glory of the Bydo.
rtype.wikia.com/wiki/Bydo_Empire

how do they fare with magic?

Not only that, but they have the technology to shield against that same planet-killer weapon.

At least I assume they do. Belser are the only ones deploying giant bio-mechanoid clones of Earth sea life, right?
I just wonder since this fellow shows up, tanks two blasts and then proceeds to blow away said planet-killer. Does G-Darius take place during some sort of Belser civil war?

There was another group of aliens, the "Thiima" if I'm remembering right. They were a group of aliens who sought the preservation of all life, and would go to *very* drastic measures in order to protect it. Think of them as very, very powerful, and somewhat crazy Space-Crusaders.

In all fairness, your civilization had at that point not only built a weapon that destroys reality, but actually used it on a populated world. You can see why they wouldn't be in a talking mood after something like that.

Yeah, despite their drastic methods, the Thiima were definitely forces for good, unlike most SHMUP villains. And then the "heroes" go and destroy them, thus handing the Belser their tech on a silver platter.

Now they wouldn't last five minutes. Anything that would work against Nurgle will work against them.

Just going to mention that the hp pictured there was also featured in R-Type Final, which implies that both games might take place in the same universe. Even if the eldritch entity that was infesting the human patient in X-Multiply, isn't the same as the Bydo, it still held up horrifically well against a direct assault against it, and even survived in the end.

The problem is they can't stop you from simply incinerating the host, which the probably the first thing the Imperium would try when if found out about them.

Don't the bydo directly consume the underlaying reality around them, regardless of host survival?

>The problem is they can't stop you from simply incinerating the host
Then it would just jump ship to the next boat. Even if the Imperium blasted everyone who could possibly be infected to ash, it would just keep on infecting people. Hell, if it shares traits from the Bydo, it might not even *show* signs of physical infection, only corrupting them in thought only, with physical taint lying deep beneath the surface.

If they are the Bydo, but the evidence for that is limited. It's not like Image Fight where they're explicitly the same ships.

Nah, sadly the WH40k community has proven itself to be just as obnoxious. No matter how many horribly over powered entities you throw at the setting there's always going to be one autist that sits there and shrieks about how obviously chaos would win in the long run even against creatures that could wipe out an entire galaxy with a few hours of actual effort while chaos struggles to do it over several millennia.

thankfully, carmen sandiego can simply steal chaos' victory.

Did somebody say.....Carmen Sandiego?