That Guy Thread

I'm feeling shitty about my home game right now. I wanna hear other stories to make myself feel less shitty. I'll start though.

>Have this one player I can't stand
>Always wants to order food, wants us all to pitch in for pizza, even though he always bitches about how broke he is
>Plays an uninteresting character that's basically him without any flaws
>He's interrupted very serious RP moments others are having with shit on his phone, speaking of which, he goes on his phone the second something doesn't involve him
>Bitches OOC about the wizard always running to the back of fights, even though the wizard has 5 less AC than him and half the amount of HP
>Ruins social, interrupts me when I explain settings, and complains about dumb shit during combat, somehow ruining all 3 pillars of the game

I could go on but you already get the picture. If it was like one or two things, I would just tell him to fix them, but I could probably list 20 things he does that I can't stand. I wish I could kick him but his friend who also plays is a great player/guy, but doesn't seem to mind his shit.

How's your group user?

When it comes to out of game interruption I simply, kindly remind everyone at table we are all here to play "insert game". Please keep all off game topics on hold until a break or we are finished. Any decent person who is there to play should understand this. If this doesnt work remind the one person whos interrupting again what you're all there for. Single them out, if they are intelligent and mature they will feel a little embarasses and comply. If they are selfish and arrogant they wont, then its easy to kick them from the group. They've proven they are not interested in playing the game like everyone else. Nothing wrong with taking control of your table when you're the GM. You'll thank yourself later by doing so.

I agree with this. I don't mind when players use their phones for a little bit, they obviously won't be entertained for a whole 5 hour session, but I should probably be more strict.

Yeah I have a guy like that
>Plays shitty punk rock on his phone when he gets bored during combat
>Starts watching lets play videos and tries to show other players who are trying to concentrate on the game outside of combat
>Doesn't quite understand the concept of turns and doesn't understand why he can't make an action during someone else's turn
>Frequently underestimates enemy hit points and gets mad when they take more than 3 hits to go down
>Gets mad when he doesn't get the finishing blow on an enemy. Literally accused rogue of kill stealing once
>Always tries to kill every enemy with le epic finishing moves which take him 20 seconds to describe

I suppose I've kept him around because 1. he's a good friend of mine, 2. he's the only one who actually tries to roleplay, even if he's not very good at it and 3. It's his first time playing a TTPRPG. I reckon all these gripes will wear off over time.

>Be me
>Get invited to a smallish game with 2 other people
>Talk with the DM and make a Paladin who's order has basically become too arrogant and self-righteous for their own good and instead of pursuing evil is blind to the corruption of the very nobles and politicians they protect, or unwilling to speak out against it (basically, think the state of the Jedi Order from the prequel films).
>Because of this, my character is very tied into the politics and events of the world
>Second player makes a wizard who is part of a noble house, a sheltered daughter who basically suspects her own family of doing bad things and doesn't wana see them crash and burn for it. She's also tied up in all these events and has similar plothooks as my Paladinbro character.
>Third player, our That Guy, basically makes up a generic roguedude with no backstory at all except "LOL I WANT MONEY" (Despite us and the DM hinting that might be a good character for this party or campaign).
>That guy then proceeds to vehemently ignore any of our suggestions on how to integrate his character into the story, such as us suggesting he be a spy for one of the important factions, or have a grudge against one of them, or be an outcast or disowned heir, or anything really. Nope, he wants to be a street thug with no reason to care about anything.
>That guy then proceeds to bitch endless about how me and the wizard chick are the "main characters" of the campaign and how the DM basically ignores him.
>The DM literally asks him for plothooks for his character after he expresses this.
>"I dunno, just come up with something, DM?"
>Proceeds to again hate every idea we come up with and tells us "whatever, keep playing, we'll figure it out later".
>Never comes up with anything on his own, keeps shooting down our ideas, keeps bitching whenever me and wizard chick do anything plot relevant that isn't just killing things for loot and good gear.
>Don't think he even has an in-character reason to want this shit.

*might not be a good character for this party or campaign

Fukken typos.

>Despite us and the DM hinting that might be a good character for this party or campaign
See the mistake you all made was HINTING that his character might not be very suitable. ALWAYS be very very specific when it comes to TTRPGs or people will inevitably come to the wrong conclusions as to what you meant.

How is it always rogues? I feel like a majority of That Guy PC's are rogues.

Rogues come with the intrinsic fluff of "guy who steals things", which is generally disruptive/counter-productive in campaigns where the party is supposed to be good guys.

There are ways to do this well, of course, such as the spy role someone mentioned earlier, but that implies you have a player who was smart enough to pick rogue to do cool spy shit and not because they're an autismo who thought stealth archers in Skyrim were cool or stealing from people sounds like a quick way to get money and loot fast.

Because the basic description of them sounds like any 15 year old's idea of a cool character. Since That Guys tend to be immature they're naturally drawn to rogues as a result.

>Because the basic description of them sounds like any 15 year old's idea of a cool character.

To be fair, that's most character class descriptions in general, at least if we're talking DnD.

Oh, I'll tell you a story where we were all those guys to a degree.

>internet friend from an internet community wants to run D&D with friends instead of strangers, a one-shot to get our feet wet
>I support him, know he's been trying to run various games before but to little avail
>4 other people agree too, 3 of them new to said community
>one poses as an experienced roleplayer, nice
>one is my friend
>third guy's young and heavily ESL
>fourth is an old member of the community

game night on Roll20, text only:
>experienced guy is an openly evil drow rogue, welp
>ESL guy is a half-orc barbarian
>friend is human wizard
>I'm human OoV paladin striving to be as non-edgy as possible

>descend into dungeon
>suggest drow rogue scouts ahead for traps and such, as rogues do
>"you expect a girl to lead a party half made of brute men? nope", then more lack of cooperation throughout the game
>miffed, go on
>we all take half an hour to go down a hallway because we're new at roleplaying
>ESL guy keeps making up arbitrary complications to the point where I bark an order to proceed at him (we're both soldiers and I'm higher-ranked)
>proceed
>sirens in an underground lake
>barbarian demands answers rudely, I try to stop him, too late
>roll initiative
>plenty of basic rule confusion on the part of drow and half-orc, feeling angry for my DM friend
>in the course of battle I die mostly from a fumble on the drow's part, 22 damage ignoring armor (DM decided using fumble/crit table from 2e would be fun)

Fucking character limit

> I hate gaming with this person but I game with them because (insert stupid reason).
Or maybe you could just spend time with people you like.

cont.
>super pissed because the drow continues being a piece of shit in-character about this
>sirens charm to lure into water every turn, barbarian's half-drowned, my wizard friend drowned because DM mixed up his and rogue's WIS saves, didn't find out until it was too late
>I'm being passive aggressive and bitching about how I want to die and this to end quickly, but end up winning my saving throws 3 to 2
>barbarian and rogue manage to win, DM revives wizard because it's an educational one-shot
>fifth guy finally shows up, does pretty much nothing, session's about to end
>we wrap up session because DM didn't expect us to take so long, prepared a super long dungeon
>we decide to rest in the dungeon proper, because at least 3 people want this to end quick now and road back up to town will have to take some time playing
>DM doesn't pick up on it, all smug about how we're gonna get ambushed next game because resting in dungeons is dangerous

After the game I'm frustrated at others' lack of preparation, at the drow's annoying behavior and also at the fate that disabled me for most of the session (battle took that long)
>tell this openly to the players and GM
>GM enables the evil character because "if you got pissed, he's playing his character correctly", "evil characters are fun and interesting in good/neutral parties" and "he said he's experienced'
>say that D&D isn't a game for me if this is how it's played, bow out of game
>everyone suddenly wants me back for some reason
>get guilt tripped back
>argue with DM a lot about DMing
>eventually cause him to call quits before next game because "DMing might not be for me, sorry everyone"
>now we all ask him to come back, he doesn't
>feel responsible, take over DMing
>everyone enjoys it a lot
>we're 3 games in now
>feel bad about this whole affair to this day anyway

And that's how I found out I'm a passable DM but an atrocious player, evil characters are shit, and the importance of rules knowledge.

Wowie, you kept the retarded le edgy drow player and guiltkicked dm? Noice

Didn't even have a character creation but i'm already don't like him.
>Scheduling time for chargen, he is online but don't answer for a whole day, even when directly called on
>Finally answers 1 hour before appointed time, "i'll be there"
>Whole hour past the starting time in an he is still not in voice chat
>No explanation or apologies or anything to the group
Fucking autistic shits / unreasonable children reee. Do i have to have them pass basic courtesy test before joining next time or what ffs

>muh phones
Disrupting others is an issue. Them not paying attention when it doesn't involve them is strictly your fault. Either you give them a reason not to be staring at their phone by being a good fucking GM, or you agree with everyone not to check their phones during play unless necessary. The sole reason people don't pay attention during games is the GM just not being that interesting. I've seen this as a player, i've seen this as a GM, and I've see this as a bystander.
Either you control the situation or you prevent it from happening in the first place, you don't get to bitch afterward because you were so much of a pussy you can't tell people to put their fucking phone down, or because you're so boring to listen to that people feel compelled to pass the time staring at a screen instead of paying attention.

The drow was lynched by party members later in the game for being too edgy, by mutual player consent, so it's all fine.

>DM decided using fumble/crit table from 2e would be fun
>In a game full of newbies
I'm not saying your DM's dumb, but that was a dumb move.

I find telling people to put their phones away doesn't work they then feel personally targeted. What I do instead is simply stop talking. They're either told to put it away by another player or they notice the silence pretty quickly. As I explain to them if they're paying attention to their phone instead of the game then there's no point in me speaking as the game is clearly less interesting than their phone. It's one thing to target a specific player by telling them to put away their phone but it's quite another to make them realize they're ruining the entire group's fun by halting the game when they do it. Players very quickly get the message and I've never had to pull this more than twice for any player I've ever run for. The players then become much more interested in the game afterwards and enjoy it much more as they actually invest all their concentration into it. No player has ever complained about my no phones policy - many of them actually appreciate the knock as they otherwise would keep doing it with a less assertive DM.

Pretty generic:

>We have a session 1 with a new DM that my roommate met in college. I actually knew him in high school, never knew he played.
>That Guy shows up, I'd never met him but he works with roommate.
>Immediately glazes over when DM starts explaining setting before character creation.
>When it comes time to make characters, he wants to make Admiral Akbar in Pathfinder.
>He can't so he settles on Tiefling fighter.
>Never misses a chance to interrupt someone to spout some meme.
>About 5 minutes into the session, pulls out his laptop and starts playing WoW.
>Does nothing but sit in the tavern and drink, even when the city gets invaded.
>Finally decides to be proactive when the DM basically forces the battle into the tavern. Takes a swing at an orc, misses, gets hit for 3 HP by said orc, decides to go back to bar and "drink it off".
>Plays WoW entire session, only contributions were meme spouting, missing an orc, then fucking a prostitute at a brothel at the end of the session.
>Didn't get invited back.

Fortunately it was pretty clear he had no real interest in playing after that 1 session so no feelings were hurt, and he was a pretty cool dude otherwise. Just not his schtick.

And yet you keep inviting him back. What does that say about you?

> I reckon all these gripes will wear off over time
Not if you never address them. Instead they'll just be reinforced and likely get worse.

>street thug with no reason or understanding of the larger events surrounding him
>Player bitches that he has no reason or understanding of what's happening to the other PCs around him

Best roleplayer of the bunch desu

I sometimes feel guilty to check my phone during the session, it's just to check the time to be sure I will not miss the bus/metro or to send a text to someone (though I don't talk to a lot of people by text now)
I don't mind if a player take a quick look at his phone during a session, as long as he is not on the internet or watching videos, if he is to distracted I'll just remind him to pay attention

You need to talk to him about your gripes. If still be a shitty player if my gm didn't sit me down and tell me what an ass I was as a player. It's important to address early on and if he's a good friend he will listen to you.

>It's one thing to target a specific player by telling them to put away their phone but it's quite another to make them realize they're ruining the entire group's fun by halting the game when they do it.

You're halting the game's fun for all of the players by being passive aggressive towards one of them. Be direct, it's a symptom of one player not respecting you and they'll just screw around some other way later if you don't fix it.

Really more of a That GM, and he's honestly not too bad, but he has this one immature idiot thing he keeps doing.

>My character is an evil mage
>Has a familiar, which as opposed to DnD, is essentially a very minor demon bound into an animal that serves the caster. Most mages don't get them, and you have to go pretty far down the path of black magic to get one.
>The familiar makes a "witch mark" somewhere on the caster's body, which it needs to feed blood from on a pretty regular basis to survive outside of Hell.
>LOL, I'm gunna make the familiar put the witch mark on the tip of your penis!
>LOL, what's it like having your dick sucked by a cat!
>LOL, you don't cum, you just bleed, why is your character such a faggot user!

I've repeatedly expressed my annoyance, and demanded that he change it, or at least just stop drawing attention to it, which makes him get this shit eating grin and say that the witch mark is permanent, and it would go against "everything he stands for" to retcon actions like that. I don't want to leave the game, as I've got some good friends with the players, but I'm strongly suspecting it's either that or punch him in his pimply face.

Either punch him or ask him if he gets his rocks off because of this shit.

>Not that bad, just one immature thing
>LOL, I'm gunna make the familiar put the witch mark on the tip of your penis!
>LOL, what's it like having your dick sucked by a cat!
>LOL, you don't cum, you just bleed, why is your character such a faggot user!

Not that bad? That shit is horrible the fuck is you saying?

I meant in the sense that he's not a classic "That GM", with railroaidng, DMPCs, shit plots, no plots, or other more common sins. He makes a pretty decent world and manages to give us operational freedom while still maintaining a sense of urgency. Maybe I didn't express that well.

Tell the good player that he should talk to the bad player. If they're friends it should work.

>Playing a homebrew game that our group's DM will NEVER, EVER release out of "beta"
>Games are meant to iron out kinks in his system, as well as to come up with new ideas and additions
>Players are credited in their contributions and will be "Compensated accordingly" once he gets it to a publisher
>Players switch in and out through the years, but a core few are formed
>This is enough to give That Guy a motive to turn any and all roll into a court house drama, because he wants to be a top contributor and make sure his name is credited somewhere
>Constant interruptions with "Actually.." and "Now, now, you can't do that because.."
>Is flat wrong most of the fucking time
>One of the guys in the group is an actual fucking lawyer and he grows so sick of this guy's shit he actually drafts a small code of law
>Makes an article on the proper interpretation of the game's rules. "Rules must be interpreted in a way that appears obvious from the meaning of the words themselves, as well as the contextual connection between them."
>That Guy says we need to pass this through a vote
>We now have our in-house rules on how the game's rules are to be fucking read, as well as a code of conduct

Our DM won't kick the one fedora wearing asshole who has made all of this possible, because they go "way back, man." I have been trapped in this living nightmare of a group for about two years now, with a session every Saturday. Lawfag left, but the code is still there as a mean to keep That Guy in check, even if it also means that new players find the whole thing to be too much of a fucking hassle.

Except he just said that it worked out for him and that his players are now behaving. He also mentioned that being direct didn't really have any effect.

But you do you, you.

You are getting magical realmed to fuck, son. You need to whoop his ass.

If I were to allow the player to continue browsing their phone then they would inevitably become set in their ways and ruin the group's fun in the long term by constantly losing track of what's going on and taking no interest in what they do. By temporarily stopping everyone's fun in the short term I safeguard their fun in the long term.

Me and my friends have only just started D&D but I already know exactly who That Guy is going to be.

>Throughout the years we've mainly been a core of three people
>Generally speaking in the games we played I was the mage, That Guy was the rogue (naturally) with the third being some sort of warrior
>Eventually That Guy decides he fucking LOVES magicfaggotry, but almost always in some setting where it negatively effects our team comp
>Becomes such an insufferable wizard™ that I eventually grow to despise the role and abandon it entirely for the cleric/paladin archetype
>Now that we've started getting into D&D he's suddenly decided he loves paladins
>"But I want to be a grey paladin. One that doesn't follow any gods or anything."
>"Also I want a gun."

I'm sure I'm going to have ample material to bitch about here before it's all said and done.

>Literally accused rogue of kill stealing once
What the fuck.

I had a guy playing a Jedi once complain of the same thing, so it can be worse.

Does anyone have that story of the guy who was asked to show a guy D&D, and got called a pathetic loser when he started his game?

I DMed in a local store a years ago (and by that I mean 2009, so sorry if this sounds a bit weird but its how I more or less rememred it), and since it was Thursday night it was more of "our" RPG night as the store usually was a bit more empty. Well, the manager asked us if we could let another player in who was interested.

"Sure man, no problem."

Well, that was a mistake. The first red flag should have been the character description, he said "Oh, he is a perfect blue eyed, blonde man", and that is very well and fine, but something in the tone was just weird.

Well, when he met the group he was clearly very uncofortable. We had two girls in the group, and I'm a bit used to new guys getting a fidgety with them, but then he asked me:

"Dude, where you are from?"
"LA"
"No, no, where are you REALLY from."
Look, I'm used to it. So I said:
"Oh, my father is Japanese".
For a few seconds he stared at me, and said:
"Oh, okay."
I got the feeling he accept it.

Well, as we were playing there was a moment where the group met an Orc, and the guys character was:
"We should purge this scum from existence."
At first I was, all right, a very through RPer, maybe he likes 40K or something.

And a few moments later, one of my friends show up. The guy looks at him, pick up a few things, and starts to leave. The table is clearly weird it out, so I just go with outside to talk.

"What happened? Are you feeling all right?"
He gives me a look.
"I just don't want to play with negros."

For a second, I was like, "OH NOT THIS SHIT". But then it went to-" wait, but I'm asian". And then a suspicions started dawning on me, but I decided to play it cool.

"Dude...uh, you didn't have a problem playing with me."
"Well, Japan didnt support them either, why would you."
My head went to "Yup"
"Look, man, sorry, but I guess you are not going to mesh up with the group."
"All right, see ya man."

TL;DR I met a player that I was almost sure was a nazi. (And there was a black samurai once)

>let's have another thread where instead of confronting our problems with people like adults we whine about it on Veeky Forums

Why can't we complain about our problems and solve them too? It's cathartic.

Because there doesn't need to be an entire thread about it on a regular basis, don't pretend like you're actually solving your problems

>TFW the GM invites her friend to game night.

>Friend brings her boyfriend.

>boyfriend is a pretty great player

>GM's friend is absolute trash, uninterested in the game, doesn't bother to learn the rules, doesn't bother with any character background besides "I'm a magical cat wizard".

>Friend is on her phone 90% of the time, when she has to make in character decisions, she seemingly does so at random.

>whips out that fucking phone to show people pictures of animals in the middle of important parts of the game

I want to approach my GM and let them know that this behavior is unacceptable and rude to everyone at the table, but I have the dilemma of
:
a) This person is a close friend of the GM and there's no good way to say, "Your friend is shit at D&D as well as incredibly disrespectful, please don't invite them to game night."

b) This person's boyfriend is bro-tier and I am certain that he would respectfully abstain from playing were his gf to not be invited.

Because as appealing as starting a piss fit with one of my friends over something that in the grand scheme of things isn't terribly consequential sounds, I'd rather just vent on Veeky Forums and give some other user an interesting story to laugh at.

Here's my options, and here's the best I can explain the complexity of my situation.
That Guy and his friend are in a band, and the friends of that band form a friend group. We sometimes go to shows and just have fun together. I enjoy everyone in that group except for him. Options:

Talk to him: So many things bother me, if it was one or two I could just ask him to fix those, but it's like about 10 or more. He's also the kind of guy who just doesn't take fault, but has no problem criticizing others. I also feel like if I have this conversation with him, and he changes everything about him, I still won't be happy. I've come to understand that it's not just his actions I don't like, it's his actual personality, and I don't respect him as a person or a player.

Kick him: My gf would probably be on board. Feel free to call me That Guy for this. I don't let it affect the game. I'm harsher on her than anyone, and she doesn't get any inside information, but again, I know I'll still be labeled That Guy for this. As for the others, I'm not sure how the Ranger would feel, because they seem to get along fine. The Artificer, who's his friend, would probably be upset too. Artificer knows how much I can't stand That Guy, but then that fucks HIS situation up with That Guy. Artificer then can either continue to play, and strain his relationship with That Guy, or leave and then I'll only have 2 players.

It would be easy if I didn't also hang out with the same people, and it would be easy if others seemed to not like him too. I feel wrong because I'm the only one who is so bothered, so I feel like it's my fault and I'm the problem. I feel like a That Guy. If everyone else hated him there'd be no problem.

So what does this say about me user? That I'm weak. That I'm sad. That I feel helpless. I feel like my only option is to keep playing, and keep being miserable, because at least some people are enjoying the game. I'm sorry to disappoint user.

>As a GM hi is a Core only, 15 point buy, humans only, death to creativity fag
>As a player he's a "give me give me give me give me" 9th party DnDwiki homebrew loose cannon etc cunt
I hate this fags, they forbid literally everything they want as players

Thank god we get rid of him, took time

Oh hey. Its you again.

Unless your GM is a fucking child and there is no standards of respect between adults at your table, you should be able to approach the GM and say pointedly that their friend isn't meshing with what is the accepted practice of everyone else at the table.
The bf is a lost cause, accept it and move on.

Or have his character whip his dick out to "feed his cat" at the worst possible moments for the DM.

>Because there doesn't need to be an entire thread about it on a regular basis
>Why are people talking about their TTRPG experiences on a board devoted to traditional games?

user, you can't maintain a boundary?
There are some people I'm friends with that I can't game with, it's how it is sometimes.

Feel like I'm in too deep at this point. Like I said, others don't seem to dislike him like I do. If they did, it would be easy to cut him.

>That I'm weak. That I'm sad. That I feel helpless. I feel like my only option is to keep playing, and keep being miserable, because at least some people are enjoying the game.
At least for you this is only a description of your game. Be glad that it doesn't describe your life.

Do you have to play DnD? Maybe take a break from it for awhile? No DnD is better than bad DnD is how the mantra goes.
If you have to play, do you have to play DnD with this group? You sound like an experienced DM, I sure you could find another group to play with. You can hang out with your friends in other situations where That Guy is more easily avoided.

Are you the GM?
If you are, talk to the guy directly.
If you aren't, approach your GM and tell them that the ooc nonsense is pulling the game down for you and reach a compromise.

And to add on to this; if you do quit, you don't have to say anything about That Guy. Just say you're feeling burnt out and need a break. Which it sounds like you are.

Sometimes I get patches where it does feel like that. You're right though user, I'm thankful my life isn't always like that.

I have an online game I'm a PC in, it's a lot more enjoyable. I might finish this arc then take a break.

Yeah I'm GM. Like I said in my post, I feel like talking won't help, just because I dislike the player himself at this point and not just how he acts.

Yeah might be time for a break after the arc is over.

Thanks anons. Might not seem like it but this definitely helps. I appreciate it.

At the end of the day YOU'RE the one hosting the game and putting in work and so if you're not enjoying it then just stop hosting it. You're playing a game and the purpose of a game is to have fun. If you're not having fun then don't play it, you don't have any responsibility or obligation to continue doing something you don't want to do. The players will be fine and simply find something else to do in their downtime. I've had a very similar situation before and I just outright told the group that I wasn't enjoying DMing and they were a bit bummed out but understood.

Anyone?

And yet here you are, reading it.

That's not that guy. He voiced his objection and understood it was his place to leave rather than to force his racism on the group. Still a weirdo, I guess.

Mature enough, I wager.

I'm conflicted.

A very polite but very serious/open racist. But he knew it'd be an issue for him and left.

America is weird.

>Be me
>Spend 5 years making setting
>Give busy players the better part of a year to make their characters and learn the rules
>Three "session 0's" to prep the group
>That girl makes a ninja halfling and takes flight skill thinking she can just spontaneously fly
>Gets mad when she gets told she can't fly
>Doesn't take me seriously when told to read the rules
>Session 1 is filled with her ignoring any opportunity to collect information and getting mad whenever she fails to do something
>Session 2 is filled with more of the same only now I'm getting blamed for railroading her
>Session 3 Attempts to approach a bandit camp, alone, in a forest filled with hags while dressed as a prostitute (Hags tendency to make themselves look like beautiful women is well known as is their tendency to eat people)
>Gets furious when bandits attack on sight.
>Railroading accusations abound
>Starts telling other players that I'm railroading them to whenever they don't succeed
>Lose my temper and rant about all the different ways she fucked up (including not reading the rules when I gave her the better part of a year to prep)
>Emails me later about how I suck at running a game and any real GM would know its their responsibility to accept and run with whatever a player says
>Rest of the email filled with bull shit excuses

Funny thing is even though I knew it was a risk I wanted to include her because I though she'd feel left out.

Thats the last time I include someone I have reservations about.

Not That Guy, just a very overt racist. Possibly a redneck?

America's weird, but open racists tend to be the nicest people assuming you're not their targeted lesser minority (i.e. black American -- and it's often only black Americans that bother them; the whole Latino hate thing is new and less familiar to most of them).

Sounds like a nice guy, really.

Also as an honest-to-god-racist, you were being kinda dumb user. I hate Niggers because the things Niggers do. I mildly dislike Mexicans because of the things Mexicans do. I hate Irish because the things Irish do. I mildly dislike Chinese for just about the same reason. It's very, VERY possible to hate Niggers and not hate Japs.

I mean, you wouldn't go up to your black friend who plays basketball, and immediately assume he also listens to gangster rap and smokes weed, would you? This is the equivalent.

>I mean, you wouldn't go up to your black friend who plays basketball, and immediately assume he also listens to gangster rap and smokes weed, would you? This is the equivalent.
Why would you be friends with someone who doesn't smoke weed

Marijuana is the devil's lettuce, user.

I don't have it but I remember the one you're talking about, where the girl then calls the GM a pussy and storms out.

Well user, why is your character such a faggot?

"Again"? I only posted this once before, and the thread died on my post.

Yikes. Boot him?

Hmm... This screams familiar... Do both their names start with a J perchance? The friend and her bf I mean.

Uh... If you let her sink points into Fly at all then you're at fault as well. You can't even put ranks in the skill without a means to fly.

Kick him to the curb.

Take it yourself. A person can be busy or get urgent tasks to do. You are being impatient. Distracting your DM way before the appointed time... He might be at work, he might be doing some job, and getting distracted all the time by your calls. If you have too much free time, it doesn't mean everyone has.

Well, now I see why racism is a big problem in America. Too bad every solution suggested for this problem is an even bigger problem.

A friend of mine DMs pathfinder twice a week and has two groups. One is made out of people whom mostly roleplay (my group) and the other is memes and combat. RP group has this guy who plays anti undead and anti humanoid ranger. He mummbles when he speaks and makes no effort to speak clearly. Cares only about XP and uses aligment as an excuse to fuck up our invisibility by attacking a stfong undead. He powergames (at least that he thinks he is doing) and botches about the rules of my class and how i am not lawful good if i avoid fighting undead. Was funny when I proven him his rules knowledge is shallow. Joined the other group afterwards, I would rather be a meme then to have to stand a that guy.

I was DMing Unknown Armies, the first session, introduction to the setting. I'm a friendly GM and let my players do whatever they want if it fits in the setting, their character, and common sense.
> Player 1 wants to play a communist ideologist, an ex university professor and a writer who is very dissatisfied with the government.
> Rants in character about consumerism, sells and gives for free his books, but generally is acting nice.
> Player 2 plays a young guy who escaped from an orphanage and is obsessed with finding city's secrets.
> Poor, weak, but it's OK, he's basically a hobbo hitchhiking through the country.
> Third guy wants to play a bibliomancer.
> A female bibliomancer.
> Named Nico Robin
> Shouts "For teh Books!" as her battlecry.
> And then they all together turn the introductory module of Unknown Armies into one big Kill Bill.

He could give an explanation then, or a warning he might be late because he's busy goddamnit

With the skin color he choose to be born with, he had it coming.

Give him Dark Side points for that shit.

Why are there lines all over him?

>evil characters are shit
cuck detected. I'm sorry you lack the means to screen players or the ability to handle non anime-tier friendship party dynamics

>respect

Come on user, being a fucking adult just means you can behave like a child and then rationalise it . Even ignoring the typical behaviours of grognards and tabletop players one group in a dozen won't collapse under inter-player drama

Bad players should not be allowed to play evil characters in good/neutral parties. Also, drow, kenders, tieflings.

>I'm sorry you lack the means to screen players
Gee, it's almost like I was new to the whole traditional roleplaying thing and also human
>the ability to handle non anime-tier friendship party dynamics
What did he mean by this

>teh
The fuck year is it

Current year + 2

Obviously, he meant that good roleplaying is trusting someone who'd slit your throat for a silver to keep watch over you while you sleep.

Oh, I found the "draw your team" of this party I once made.

typical russkies

Yeah my group has a thing for ordering pizza, it's not even good pizza but I have to chip in because I can't stand other people eating food in front of me it makes me hungry. Especially because I usually don't eat enough for breakfast because I have to get to the session by 10 am due to one player who fucked up his life and has to work every day from 3 pm til midnight. Oh and sometimes when I get there, one player's gf (who also plays) decides they need to go get food and they leave for half an hour. They are pretty good players but half the time they never take initiative it feels like.

>Plays shitty punk rock on his phone when he gets bored during combat
>Starts watching lets play videos and tries to show other players who are trying to concentrate on the game outside of combat
Kill him.

I used to complain about that all the time. But it was a fighter who I kept his alignment secret, he always wanted to help the community any way he could but it was so he could indulge his weird urges to kill people. I didn't act edgy besides the occasional unsettling comment like that, saying that "I wanted to feel my blade bite his flesh and drain his life. That was for me to do, not you!" and slowly build it up until the rest of the party alienated him for being a psychopath then he sacrificed himself to defeat the BBEG because he realized what a piece of shit he was.

That was a fun character.

>Spend 5 years making setting
Thats YOUR mistake. You clearly should have spent more time workshopping shit with your players. Be insistent. Grow a spine.

>Only you and that user know someone who uses their phone and have friends while playing pretend
Check your argument, nigga, be real

How about That GM?

>GM massively house-rules his shitty pet poverty system into being more broken and needlessly fiddly than it already was
>Invites feedback, gets upset that people don't like it and suggest improvements, but we end up playing anyway, whatever
>Privately encouraged each of us to create PCs that turn out to be totally incompatible gameplay wise including 2 total pacifists and a pure combat character, didn't want us to discuss mutual party goals as part of character creation
>Deals with it by running roughly 1 combat every 10 sessions so the pacifists aren't left out, calls it the soldier guy's own fault for being 'too specialized'
>Asked us to make characters with goals and investment in the world, so I did
>Reintroduced long-lost childhood best friend from my backstory as a freedom fighter and roped my character into the cause, so I (willingly) rewrote my character's goals and agendas accordingly and fervently joined the fight for justice
>"user you're making other players feel unimportant, you need to do less and be less involved with this NPC"
>Even though I explicitly set up backstory NPC as probable love-interest who my character would die for back during character creation
>Even though he then had total control over what happened to backstory NPC in their decades spent apart and proceeded to make them a highly influential and revered hero
>"Well gee user SORRY for running a game where events happen beyond your control"
>Complains that the party is unfocused and lacks purpose and 'just follows the plot' and players spend too long sitting around in awkward silence not knowing how to move this clusterfuck of misaligned PC goals and beliefs forward in a coherent direction

Yes I'm mad. Kinda want to quit because the game is so frustrating but I really enjoy RPing my character, regardless of how the GM keeps managing to shit on his own game. Other players seem just as frustrated and I'm not sure why they still stick around DESU.