Infinity General: Alien Pimp King Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where big space AI aspects are cool and intimidating, but used to be even cooler and more intimidating.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog of fluff, dossiers, and unit models
human-sphere.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup:
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO-Uv_G4cY91ZfMy3rWOKDQL1cl7YyYzf
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLf5JWn6xciCkYcBaTLGs6_FmFiZtCk2zm
youtube.com/playlist?list=gL0RY70TH3C0mb1n3DaRmyToH44sUck

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ
pastebin.com/PJaETXMV

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

>RPG previews (+ a couple scans)
mega.nz/#F!8pRURayK!Kj16fd7nQhEcaId8hKD4oA

Last thread:
Okay kids, place your bets on who's next to be batroidified. Mine goes to Skiavoro.

Other urls found in this thread:

infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/44453-a-primer-on-massed-armour-operations/
infinitythewiki.com/en/List_of_Fireteams
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I think the new Avatar is cooler and more intimidating.

Asking again in the new thread:
How do you run and support a Pain Train link? I am starting Corregidor and would like to build around a Brigada link.

infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/44453-a-primer-on-massed-armour-operations/

Yeah but you didn't make the thread. I have a platform for my bullshit.

Brigada are pretty easy. Infiltrators and airborne troops for objectives, Jags for smoke, and either Rudy or a remote team for anti-camo. CJC has loads of cheap and order efficient button pushers, so it's a good environment for a big smashy link.

This.
Old Avatar looks like a retarded ballerina. All the older Infinity sculpts are pretty bad. But the new ones are all pretty nice.

Is it worth it using the Jaguar Haris option in such a list or is Senor Massacre too much?

Nope. The new Avatar is a hunter suit, not a command unit. It it were smaller it'd be a great Xeodron.

>not having your command units capable of hunting down things while giving orders
This is why the EI is winning.

I've made plenty of threads the last month, thought someone else might want to make their own lame jokes for a while. And OP is always a fag, anyway.

We already had one retarded argument too many on this shit.

Eh, he's good but he's also an expensive boy. If you're comfortable skimping on something else and figure he'll be more useful, then go ahead.

Really I think it's mostly the pose. And the gun, I don't know why they got rid of the integrated one. Giant robot that shoots you to death with its big rifle < giant robot that shoots you to death by casually motioning its hand in your direction

I totally forgot about that pic, now I'll be painting a brilliant smile on my Anathematic.

>new Avatar
>still no new Orbital Artillery munitions insects

Why even operate?

When making a Brigada core is it wise to go full with ML, HMG, Hacker and lieutenant all in one?

I prefer to drop one of them to cheapen the link, usually the ML. HMG is the only thing you absolutely need, though the LT is also very common since CJC doesn't have many good options in that regard.

Can Yu Jing run several HI outside a Wu Ming link in ISS properly? I'm thinking more a vanilla list since there's a new Dao fei in the red veil expansion but I am just not thrilled at playing the HI faction with only 2~ actual big boys

Also is the Guija any good? New sculpt is mighty tempting and I know tags aren't often very efficient but my gaming group is pretty lax

I like the older one because it has more room for exotic patterns and unusual paint jobs.

>Can Yu Jing run several HI outside a Wu Ming link in ISS properly?
Well, I mean, there are Domaru+Haramaki links and Karakuri Harises.

You can comfortably field a vanilla list with three HI.

>Also is the Guija any good?

It's ok. The really bog standard type. Nothing to really make it stand out on its own, but still a power piece.

Yes. For vanilla I'd normally stop at about 4 with 2 big premium ones and 2 cheaper ones. You can get more in if you skew real hard though.
Sectorials are better in that regard, as ISS can do 5 or 6 with a WM link and extra solo piece while JSA can do even more since their HI tends to be cheaper.

Guijia is meh. It's nothing special, but can still be effective if you support it properly.

About the Guija, he is a decent killing machine, but slighly overcosted for what he is capable of.
No fancy tricks, just good guns and a mediocre pilot.
Most people use the mini to proxy the O-Yoroi, which is better in many regards.

First attempt at list building. How bad is it, doc?

Could be worse, especially foe limited insertion.

If you are running a hi-link team, try to insert at the very least a paramedic, if not an actual doc.

So replacing a Moran with a Tomcat Doc would be alright, no?

Would be a decent alternative.

Only problem with the guija is you can get tag weapons on HI in china with the same BS as the tag so why bother spending 88 points when you can spend 53

Man, there needs to be Dogface terrorist sectorial.

A 5-man Wulver Core with a Dog-Warrior Duo would be tight as fuck.

As I mentioned some days ago, I had my first game in over a year which was also my second game of infinity in total.

> Met up at another friends allotment, where we usually play our tabletop games
> Set up a table, 200 points my CA against his Aleph, I go first
> We order some pizza inbetween
> Activate some transponder thingamajig of which there are three, try to take down a guy, a unidron goes unconscious 2, I move in with a slave drone and heal him up
> Shoot a warcor with my maakrep sniper, destry some antenae that gives an extra order, shuffle around some more, end of turn
> He moves around a bit, brings a TO marker closer to a unidron and my umbra lieutenant, reveals a boarding shotgun to my face
> Unidron goes UNC2, umbra dies, fuck
> We stop at this point to go to the gate and get our pizze
> Wait 10 minutes when I get a call, that the delivery guy was waiting at the wrong place
> We go down to meet him at a nearby super market, at first wanting to walk, but then decided to go by car
> We meet up with the delivery guy, get our pizza and want to drive back
> The one quick road back to the gate has at some fucking point been turned into a pedastrian zone, so we have to drive a looong way around
> Finally get back, gate has been closed, it's locked
> Don't have a key to get back in, only key I got is for my friends hut
> Drive to the lower gate, locked too
> Try to contact my friend, but he doesn't answer his phone
> We eat our pizza, then drive to the opposite end of the allotment where there is another gate
> That one is locked too of course, but at least its climbable
> Jump over the fence and get back to the hut, decide to call it a day at almost 11 pm
> Have to hieve our stuff and my bike over the fence
> Share a good laugh and be on our way

And that was my second game of infinity.
In hindsight we were glad we took the car for the ride, because otherwise it would have been locked inside and we certainly can't hieve that over the fence.

Yan Huo are slow as shit while TAGs are quite fast, and the extra toughness is a factor to consider. Guijia is certainly a more niche unit, but it does have some merit.

I blame Nomads.

>locked communities
*shudder*

He really doesn't address pain trains in that thread, he makes judicious use of suppression fire and utilizes the fact that the HI troops can be pushing up along different vectors.

The Guijia is faster, has a pilot for missions (until they update ITS), can allow you to bring REMs if you didn't bring a Hacker (not likely, but the option is there), has an arguably better suite of weapons, and are STR (big deal against Viral and the like).

The point increase is justified.

>arguably better suite of weapons
Eh. I could see the argument that a MULTI HMG+HFT isn't worse than an HRMC, but better is a bit of a stretch.

>STR (big deal against Viral and the like)
Anyone with more than 1 initial wound (such as HI) ignores the instakill element of viral, similar to how shock works. STR alone doesn't give you much aside from immunity to some CC skills like i-khol and protheion, without remote presence or a similar skill it doesn't even net you the 2 unconscious levels.
The wound/structure distinction is very minor compared to the fact that Guijia has 3 of them instead of 2, along with a decent ARM increase.

As someone who plays both YJ and CA I can tell you for sure it's got a lot more going for it than the Raicho. That's a case where the competition truly does make it obsolete.

viral is one of the better ways of dealing with tags if you don't have decent hackers or K1

yes, if you need a big rambo unit the tag technically should do it better, but nothing throws dice downrange better than an HRMC

I'd recommend swapping Moran for Daktari + Zondbot and upgrade one Jag to panzerfaust. Tomcats are cool but I'd want all the orders on the board for a 10 order list.

current Infinity models lose in personality what they get in details compared to the old ones.

>HMC vs MHMG and HFT
HMC has less negative range bands at longer range and one more Burst over the MULTI HMG, but for ARO you get Explosive Ammo. The HFT brings a lot to the table and fills the gap while being more versatile.

>STR v Wounds
STR can be repaired on the fly while W can not. You can only get wounds back after being unconscious. You're correct that once you have more than one wound you aren't worried about Viral, Shock, etc,. , but a single STR can't be instagibbed by by Viral was my point. So while that doesn't have to pertain exactly to the Guijia v Yan Huo argument, it does matter as STR is superior.

Well it is that or letting the gypsies in, and trust me you do not want to have gypsies living near by. 2 years ago they got a 4 tier building in my city, with bathrooms, furniture etc. after 2 years, all the bathrooms, and kitchens are destroyed they destroyed everthing in 2 years and now asking the local goverment to fix their broken shit. It more or less looks like this pic

Thanks, completely forgot about the Daktari. Is having only one smoke in the army worth the panzerfaust though?

>hieve

I'm not hip with the lingo, but is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Being able to prone my HRMC has flat out won me games, so it's really just up to preference

Last tread LI ariadna player. Proxied the lists, first few games were fun, even very fun. I run in to a wall though, after the first two games my opponents started runing a ton of TR rems, specially those fucking rui shis and lu dans make me reap hair out of my head. Does anyone have any tips on dealing with TR rems in LI with ariadna, specially when multiples are being run.

By LI you mean light infantry or limited insertion?
Either way spec fire with LGLs is not something drones are fond of.

Or just a plain grenade from behind a wall, everyone and their dog has plain nades and high PH in Ariadna.

That's definitely in favor of the Yan Huo, being able to go prone. I won't argue that.

Omg I'm so sorry to get that one word wrong.
Here, let me make it clear for you old man.
I meant: heave.

Again, so sorry.

That's fucking cool

A lot of people are saying "meh" w/ the Guija.

These people are fucking dumb bitches.

The argument is "It's a no-frills TAG"

What they fail to realize is that TAGs are fucking deadly, especially w/ a MULTI HMG. Guija has the power to easily make its points back and them some. It's absolutely horrifying to face.

Looks badass. Have Intruder on one side of the table and Mobile Brigada on the other then you got a horrific crossfire for your opponent to deal with. Doubly so since you got Jaguars who can cover their advance.

Aren't STR units immune to Viral ammo?

Devil Dog should be fireteam duo

Nah, he's pretty much a tiny TAG for Ariadna. I'm not sure if Ariadna needs the power of a Devil Dog Duo.

Smoke is your friend.
Are you the no wolves Caledonia guy? Because McMurrough or Cameronians running through smoke to drop grenades on top of stuff that can't see him is pretty damn powerful. Though I guess you could also try doing that with Uxia.
And of course you can stack mods on them and outrange it. Caterans do that well, what with Camo, Surprise Shot and superior range. In cover you can easily stack a -12 on the thing. And since most of them only have BS 11...

He mentions Rui Shi, while not TR, can see trough smoke.

Rui Shi are not TR though, which makes plain outranging/outshooting them easier.

good lord no, they usually have BTS to protect them but the only thing they're immune from is the shock effect. viral still can do 2 damage per hit on a tag.

Ouch, that's a vicious numbers game.

Hey anons, so I'm pretty new to Infinity (only have 5 games under my belt so far) and I've been wondering about fireteams. Could anyone here give me a brief rundown on the pros and cons to fireteams and how to properly go about setting them up?

Fireteams are essentially a highly efficient way to get a lot of guys down the board.

Fireteam composition is pretty expansive. You could have them set up to be able to handle any threat that they come across at multiple ranges. You could have them operate at a single range and just camp that range. You could have them solely to buff a single guy who is always fireteam leader. You can have them be a flexible toolkit that has the ability to remove threats and take objectives.

The only con is that you are running a sectorial so don't have all the options of vanilla and that they have to be in coherency of the fireteam leader, meaning AoE weapons can be some real bad news.

Thanks, doc.

Okay, how do I set up core fireteams? I see the special rule allowing duo's and Harris fireteams. Can anything be in a core fireteam? And can you mix and match various units into said fireteams?

Option 1. Go into Infinity Army.
- anything that has Fireteam:Core in its skills (in the sectorial, it won't show in vanilla) can form a core team (duh).
- if anything can mix into a core team (like a named Spec-Ops), it will be mentioned as a note in either that unit or the base unit for the fireteam. If it's not mentioned, it's composed of the base unit only.
- Haris fireteams usually (always?) need a special loadout that has the Haris profile. It has to be in the team, if that model dies the haris falls apart even though it could become a 2-model link otherwise.
- Tohaa triads link like cores but: have max. 3 models per link, can have many links at the same time, can be composed of any units with the Triad skill (can mix and match so Gao-Rael+Makaul+Ectros triad is OK)
- Enomotarchos are limited to 4 models per link, can have many links at the same time, must have at least 1 Enomotarchos model pof the appropriate type (Myrmidons/Thorakitai/Dactyls) in each link.
- Spec-Ops (of the type you construct from XP) links like a plain model of its type, so Fusilier-Indigo links like a normal Fusilier, Hafza-Husam links like a normal Hafza, etc.

Option 2: Go into the army lists PDFs, they should have AVA tables, allowed links are listed somewhere in there. IArmy will get you by though.

Alrighty, awesome! Thanks user.

>- Spec-Ops (of the type you construct from XP) links like a plain model of its type, so Fusilier-Indigo links like a normal Fusilier, Hafza-Husam links like a normal Hafza, etc.
It's worth mentioning that these do NOT count against the AVA of their base types, so it's totally possible to make a 5-men link of 3 Fusiliers+Indigo Spec-Op+Bipandra in MO, despite Fusiliers having AVA 3.

Well, except for the small issue of Bipandra not being a man :^)

Guijia also has the power to die like a bitch against a foe who knows what they're doing. TAGs suddenly become a lot harder to use when your opponents learn how easy they can be to counter.

Better use your TAG well and to its full potential, then :^)

yes, I am the person who doesn't want to use wolf people.
I tried using greys to smoke, and it was effective in first 2 games, but then they started runing one or two ruishis

It might not be. You could also try to do 2x zondbots instead of the panzerfaust Jag.

infinitythewiki.com/en/List_of_Fireteams
Do note vanilla (non-sectorial can not form fireteams normally

Just outranging and shooting them with an HMG is a good counter to Rui Shis. Or if they're positioned in suppressive fire where you can't outrange them just use grenades to hit them around corners. On the reactive turn things are a little more difficult, but Caterans and camo ML Scot Guards are solid ARO platforms that can at least scare off or slow down the relatively short range Rui Shi. Suppressive fire is also a useful tool, though it can't be used inside a link team.

Where the fuck do you live? The gypsies in Texas are fine.

probably in europe
gypsies are a fucking plague there
subhuman scavengers

Yet for some reason they work just fine in America. America's gypsy population is actually bigger than Europe's. I'm thinking the problem is Europeans not Gypsies. Either that or America is just that great.

>I'm thinking the problem is Europeans not Gypsies.

In the main it often is. It's the same reason why the statistics in regards to blacks are so different between Europe and America. America has large sections of its population with lots of deep seated hatreds and phobias in regard to them, and the same is true in Europe with gypsies.

So I'm making a chess set for someone using infinity models, and it's going to be humans vs combined army, so far I've completely designed the combined army side, but I'm having some difficulty with the human side. This person doesn't play infinity, so the only thing that really matters is the looks of the model. What I have so far for the human side is probably either saladin or sun tze, pawns are going to be USARF grunts, and knights are going to be father knights. Bishops are going to be some sniper most likely, I just haven't decided what exactly yet, and rooks are probably going to be some heavy infantry. I have no idea who to make the queen though. I would do joan, but I'd like to get them their board before the new one comes out, and they don't want to pay for a limited edition one. The only other human badass females u can think of are uxia mcniel and Isobel mcgregor. Maybe I'll do a Reverend Moira or healer. Thoughts?

What is the best way to strip paint from infinity models? Would using simple green cleaner work?

I use straight acetone. It destroys plastic though, so make sure to get there model off the base first

>I'm thinking the problem is Europeans not Gypsies
Just a cursory look at Gypsy communities in Europe would quickly make you realize how wrong you are.
A Gypsy community is basically a mono-ethnic, inbred thieves' guild. They don't send their kids to schools (in a country with free education), teaching them how to beg and pickpocket instead, they live from begging and thievery and they outright refuse to take part in any kind of socializing drives. There was a town with a sizeable Gypsy community that ran a drive for Gypsies to find jobs. In 7 years not a single one even applied.

And I don't even live in Romania where they are the worst.

Kusanagi is a bit of an old model but has quite a dynamic pose that'd work well as a queen.
Sin eaters or reverand moiras might look good as bishops, with the advantage that in game they're religious units.

>moiras
Custodiers, maybe, to not involve the bare asses of the Moiras.

It's funny because the dogs literally do have grenades in Ariadna.

Depends

Half of them are become kinda generic but the others still or even have more personality while became less retarded, imo.

I think its because CB have different sculptor working for this game, each with their own style (One can be generic but the others can be more dynamic), unlike GW that was working more like an unified team.

First: Grow a pair and tell your playgroup to stop playing Limited Insertion.

Second: Shoot Rui Shi like normal. Yeah it has MSV 2 but it still dies to HMG fire. Vs. Husongs either spank them with a linked HMG or get within 16" with an infiltrator and shoot them from cover. Or, even better, throw smoke grenades in front of them and ignore them.

To add on to this, once you convince someone to play normal games try to stick around 16-18 orders at most. Immediately proving their fears justified wouldn't be good form, and they'd go back to LI pretty much immediately. Metas that rely on limited insertion tend to do so because it solved a problem they used to have with high order Ariadna armies shitting up the place.

My meta had that problem till I started running a T-Drone list to prove a point.

More than 20 orders is subtoptimal imo. I've played 20 order lists (in 400 point games) and been pretty content.

What does a T drone list look like and how would that help versus camo?

Kusanagi queen, Bran monkey king, sineater bishops, moira knights, riot grrl rooks, and moderator pawns. I want to make it happen now.

Ehh. In the past CB employed far more freelancers and people inside house, because hand sculpting is slower and you could sometimes easily tell the sculptor just from looking the mini. Nowdays there are couple of in house sculptors (the rest moved to other duties) and some freelancers they outsource to.

I fon't know the inner workings if GW, it might be that they just give less artistic freedom to their sculptors, it might even be that they want the people to not know the sculptors, but relate to the company instead.

>I am the person who doesn't want to use wolf people.
>in Caledonia
Literally why

It's funny because I haven't had a good night's sleep in like 4 days

*Rromania :^)

thejoke.jpg

Sin-Eater mk12 with bare ass now!

I think he wants to play the most tacticool faction and thinks werewolves are Unrealistic(TM)

>Caledonia
>tacticool
Well, there is SAS, but...

>Literally why
I don't like furries, but I do like how volenteers, SAS or non hood uxia look like. You know normal realistic stuff.

I see how you didn't mention Galwegians, Wallace, Mormaers and Greys. So, you like a whole 3 units from Caledonia? Why not just play vanilla Ariadna and make a proper tacticool force without gimping yourself?

>running around in kilts
>realistic
It's okay to not like the dogs, I'm not a fan myself. But they do provide some good utility.

Because he wants to purposefully gimp himself so he can whine like a bitch when he can't win games.

Go play a different fucking game then. Infinity is cyberpunk anime in space. Play Bolt Action or something.

Seriously user, go watch Dog Soldiers. It's the reason why Dawn has werewolves on it.

Rood. Not wanting to play some unit(s) for aesthetic choices is pretty valid.