/vp/ Sent Me Here

How could I improve this Pokémon region that I made?

Please give us the names of the cities and what types of environments the different areas are.

We cannot propperly engage our autism drives until then

What this user said and also add anything you have in mind about the visiting order, the themes of the region and of it's different parts.

I'll be back tomorrow. It's a bit too late today.

Try here:

>/vp/ Sent Me Here
Then fucking go back. This is Veeky Forums, not /v/.

Doesn't look that linear. I like it. The map does seem a bit bare in the west, maybe that's a mountain region.

Does each individual island serve a purpose? Island chains like that are good for extra content and exploring but could be samey if you don't do anything to differentiate them.

I like the bays and inlets. That looks like it would be good for cinematic viewing of different areas. Maybe if it has the photo guy from HGSS.

Looks like it's structured much like Hoenn with some design cues from Kanto and Johto, like the "Lavender" town on the eastern shore and the "Gianwood" town in the southwest.
Looks pretty good I'd say. Although the large loop on the west is kind of bare, and the eastern side is a little busy.
If the west is supposed to be less populated maybe you could put some more points of interest pertaining to pokemon over there in the wild and/or add another road or a cave or something?

Looking pretty good on the whole, I'd say.

Make a dick mountain

Given the shape of the coastline, the apparent mountainous terrain, and the fact that stock Pokemon regions have real-world analogues, I'd look to Greece for inspiration for towns and natural areas. Regions in Pokemon are also pretty heavily developed, unless there's a good reason for them not to be. For this topography, I'd fill the western areas in with harsh cliffs, dry scrublands (with powerful Pokemon running rampant), or ancient ruins (possibly haunted, treated as a Ghost "cave" area). Other than that, follow the advice of and hit up the world-building thread for advice.

looks like Chalkidiki in greece.

Explain the biomes.

I need more detailed information. What is the region like? What is the aesthetic? The theme? Biomes, cities, history, culture.

You don't need to give me a 20 page pdf, but at least the cliff notes would be nice.

Not OP but that settles it: Not!Greece pokemon region.

But the filename implies Egypt.

>implying you can't mix the two

I miss that feeling of buying a new pokemon game and knowing nothing about the new monsters or regions and looking at the map and wondering what each new area is going to be like
Tell me I'm not the only one

The region's environment and culture are inspired by Scotland's. For the story and the characters, they are are very loosely based on those of the Harry Potter series.
Here's a crude biome map that I made.

The numbers are listed in the order of progression. Overall, it's a lot less polished than my old map.

>Scotland
>Sorta Warm Islands
So toss this out. You don't have "warm islands" in Scotland. You have cold muggy swams and extremely dangerous open water filled with whirlpools.

>Volcanic
Toss that shit out as well. Be more creative with your "obligatory area for fire types" than volcanos. Scotland has quite a few dormant volcano's make it so all the fire types live deep in caves.

Do some more research on Scottish lore and typography, there's a lot more to Scotland than just a accent.

>Environment and Culture
That doesn't mean it's fucking arctic land. Pokemon regions have always been multizone.

>it's okay since the official games did so!

>everything is fucking green
ADD SOME ACTUAL GEOGRAPHIC FEATURES TO THE MAP, JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

I'll take those criticisms to heart.
I was just trying to replicate the Gen 3 map style.

I don't know much about steel mills but I feel like town 4 and dungeon 2 should swap places or split town 4 into the town located at the base of the mountain and the actual steel mill located up a mountain trail or something.

Also do all the underground tunnels (dungeon 2) link together à la Mt. Coronet?

What is Pokeymans?

this brings warmth to my sinister heart.

>I feel like town 4 and dungeon 2 should swap places
That's a good idea.
>Also do all the underground tunnels (dungeon 2) link together à la Mt. Coronet?
Yes.