Connected to SKNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files:
>The_Dragon_Civil_War__Causes_Clashes_Consequences.trid
>Dunkelzahn__The_Untold_Story.trid
>Hestaby_Sex_Tape.sim
>Dragon_Telesma_Offer.aro

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 4029 (87% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Yo chummer, got a job offer by some Dr. Agon.'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Hestaby_Sex_Tape.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>Do not buy CGL books
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Dragon Edition
Have you broken the sacred rule and actively dealt with a dragon (especially a great one)?
Or has a dragon forced you to deal with him?

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/0BwK6p6xLFlI3WDFKaEJpQWtnTzA/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So I'm looking through rigger 5.0 and I see the BMW Teufelkatze and It hink that's a really cool car that I want but it's has a F rank availability which makes it a pain in the arse to get.

How would you houserule getting a vehicle without certain standard equipment (in this case the flamer being what I assume is what drags the avail up to a F ranking)?

>him
Them.

All dragons produce eggs, and any dragon can incubate them.

Of course I have. That rule is for newbies who don't want to streak it big or don't know how to handle simple requests.

>it's has a F rank availability which makes it a pain in the arse to get
The number - like the 12 in 12F or 12R - is how hard it is to get. Something that's 16F is exactly as hard to find as something that's 16R.

The difference is that you can buy a (fake) license to own something R. Something that's F always counts as illegal, no matter what licensing you have.

Now, maybe that just means your vehicle isn't road-legal, and you'll get a minor citation (or need to pay a 20 nuyen bribe) whenever the cops pull you over for speeding. Or maybe it means that it's milspec tech that'll land you a two-digit prison sentence for owning it as a private citizen.

But all that F means is that you can't buy a license one way or the other.

Would you really deny Lofwyr knowing he can easily fuck your shit up if he takes offense?

that's why you shouldn't ACTIVELY deal with dragons, as in seeking them out
if the dragon approaches you you basically have no choice

Yes, because accepting puts you in a position to get your shit fucked regardless. Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for they are greedy and unpredictable in striking against dragons' pawns.

Suicide is the ultimate choice, user.

Accepting at least insures if you do get out alive you will be set for life or get something worth losing your life for.

There is no 'getting out'. There's temporary reprieve of unknown duration and certainty.

>if you do get out alive you will be set for life
No, it means you get what was promised, and have to watch over your shoulder for the rest of your life. The dragon isn't going to be your sugar daddy, but the people you wronged in it's name have no problem hitting you with a car bomb in 20 years to send a message that they don't forget.

>get something worth losing your life for.
You don't get anything worth dying for. The dragon's convoluted machinations progress one iota, which they are happy to trade your life for, but there is nothing the dragon wants you to do that is worth dying for.

>Now, maybe that just means your vehicle isn't road-legal, and you'll get a minor citation (or need to pay a 20 nuyen bribe) whenever the cops pull you over for speeding.
Everything F rated is at least police confiscation grade items, in theory. In practice, cops are still human and susceptible to corruption.

Well I really just want a civilian version of it.

Because I really don't want to deal with a F ranked vehicle.

The point of it is that there is no civilian version of it; it's police/corpsec-grade vehicular nastiness. Get a Roadmaster if all you want is a big armoured van with lots of space for people.

I did one time kind of make a deal with a dragon, but it was in an absurdly goofy homebrew setting and in no way similar to how a dragon would act. It ended up being a wacky races-style competition where I won 20 mil, but in return to "monkey's paw" the deal(read: not a problem in the slightest) around half the population of the US state we were in we're instantly killed. I bragged about getting the high score for death count for the rest of the game.

This art concerns me.
As far as I know samurai used two type of swords.
Long sword katana and short sword wakizashi.
This one however just have 2 long swords.

Sword and backup sword. No time to sharpen it in the middle of the fight, but he's got a lot of people to stab.

new book when?

Or when his buddies need a Katana, he has a spare to hand out.

Have you tried Dodge Goliath ?
Its more expensive but the bonus is restricted rating,the gun ports, shooting while standing up and the 4 FlashShields at the side give you armor even when the doors are open for entering/exiting.
Probably my favorite vehicle

I know about most of the german stuff, but is there a repository of books and/or adventures in other countries? I know Jeux Descartes made a lot of semi-official products in french, for example.

OR and alternative
Get Teufelkatze
Slap spoofed chips, morphing license plate, chameleon coating and enhanced image screens
Slave it to a deck/RCC and run Wrapper
Make it look like some legal model
Now you can use it in your everyday life but be wary of more thorough checks

TCT was a hot mess, they're gonna be focusing on errata'ing the shit they're willing to cop to, first. Street Lethal is next up, I think. Sammy expansion book.

And maybe a new matrix book with maybe a TM chapter

A new matrix book that is 75% short stories. :^)

>Have you broken the sacred rule and actively dealt with a dragon (especially a great one)?
>Or has a dragon forced you to deal with him?

I've been playing Shadowrun for nearly fifteen years.
So yes to both of these things.

They identify as male and female though, as only certain genders can LAY said eggs.

Samurai only used two types of swords after the Sengoku Period ended and the entire samurai class became superfluous as they didn't work and couldn't hold down jobs but couldn't fight for nearly 250 years of controlled peace.
Before Hideyoshi Toyotomi made that rule up a samurai was basically like being a knight; you could get promoted to being one or even just claim you were one and own a sword and nobody said fuck all about it because hey, who were they to challenge a guy with a sword?

Why would you even fucking WANT a new book? The last FOUR releases for SR5 have been consistently absolute fucking garbage.

Our party dealt with a dragon because one of our characters is a drake, and the 'promise' was that they'd be freed if they did a 'small favor'.

>IRL Shadowrun to steal ownership of the IP from CGL and give it to a company that isn't complete dogshit when

>drake
>getting free by working with a dragon
ahahahahahahaa
thats some seriously bad decision making omae

Forbidden Arcana and Cutting Aces both have merit. Complete Trog had a couple high points but a lot of lows. Only Book of the Lost is a complete writeoff.

FA and CA are both great. The Full Nigger is a terrible book, and Book of the Lost reads like somebody at CGL took a bunch of valium, fell asleep, had a 'brilliant idea', wrote it down while still half asleep, and then published it without proofreading.

Court of Shadows is the same way.

Did he keep it or was the drake screwed over?

well, he was 'freed' in the way that the dragon stopped treating him as property... But of course, it didn't work out, since the dragon recorded several shady things the drake (and everyone else) did on the run, and is now using it to blackmail them.

Played a drake adept of, as my character said, "Uncle Dunkle". Raised by the Foundation but trained by a lesser dragon in how to fight & talk & all things dragon-y. Only got one session into the game before the DM flaked. So i never has to actually deal with a dragon, but my character was all tied up in that side of things

Was he bummed out or livid as hell?

Or even two swords. Twice the nobility!

Heya chummers, reposting from last thread - what's better, one point of bone lacing or two points of orthoskin? My biocompaitible sammie/riggers other mods are Auto Injector, Hand of God, Wired Reflexes 2 (omegaware), Reaction enhancers 3 (omegaware), Cybereyes 1, Control Rig 1. Taking the Orthoskin will cost me the autoinjector, so goodbye jazz whenever I want it.

Orthoskin is pretty bad in general, honestly. Get the lacing.

Orthoskin is not bad at all. It just is less nuyen efficient than bone lacing and doesn't give a side perk/drawback. You in general would always want both.

i assume you mean plastic bone lacing so go for it
But have you considered getting Siemens Cyberspine ? Its Wired Reflexes 1 + Reaction Enhancers 1 + Plastic Bonelacing+Vitals Monitor rolled into one. I know not quite as powerfull as your WR 2 and RE 3 but its upgradeable without you having to uninstall the whole thing and get a new one. Fully upgraded its equal to WR3 and RE3.
Less bang out of chargen but much bigger room to grow

Cheers. I prefer my reaction enhancers honestly - Part of the theme is that my character has a tonne of shitty implants that cause her chronic pain and nervous problems. It's part of her "tragic present" deal.

Hey chummers, been out of the loop for a while. I started skimming over The Complete Troll. Seems like the consensus here is that it is shit. Could somebody give me the cliff notes so that I don't waste my time reading through it?

Also what happened to NeoNET?

I'm trying to use chummer5 but everything I do causes the program to crash, help.

She has given up on her dreams to focus taking care of her manchild lifepartner & her kid

Hey, I'm looking to run a 5e homebrew for Shadowrun. I've got the rulebook, Run & Gun, Run Faster, Street Grimoire, Data Trails, Chrome Flesh and Forbidden Arcana. Are there any other important sourcebooks I need/am missing?

Stop breaking it.

What do you mean with "everything I do"?

Rigger 5

>captcha: einaudi 1272

Well, so far the only two things I tried were changing options and trying to create a new character. Options is fine until I press OK, creating a new character is fine until I go past the Build Method window at the very beginning.

I've tried running it as admin and Japanese locale (who knows), I'm about to double check to see if Malwarebytes isn't fragging with me

Disregard the NeoNET question, turn s out it's more CFD debacle. With Boston's quarantine, NeoNET's HQ is fucked, and every little company that's part of the mega (Novatech, Transys-Neuronet, Erika...) is bailing out.

Rigger 5.0 if you have a Rigger, and I would argue that you can cut Forbidden Arcana out of that list if you are not completely familiar with the base magic rules and Street Grimoire.

>Japanese locale (who knows)
?????????????????????
?????????????????????
?????????????????????
?????????????????????

What's the average force of a wild toxic spirit that you could encounter in the SOX or the north sea?

How strong would you make your mana barriers of you had to take up residence in one of those places?

Annon this is not some fucking VN
Download new copy, delete the old one. in options only toggle books and turn your antivirus(especially if its AVG)
Come back again if its not working

For the nuyen and Essence cost, you're almost always better getting a partial cyberlimb and putting armor and misc utilities in that rather than getting Orthoskin. The only Soak 'ware it out performs is Dermal Plating.

It's bad.

Chummer 5 is crashing every time I try to buy the Improved Reflexes power, so I feel your pain.

Too high, not strong enough. Spray everything down in FAB and GTFO ASAP.

So i know im a faggot for doing this but what is the best 'ware to get as a mage with prototype metahuman?

After reinstalling about three times, last one being the latest Nightly build, and just selecting all books and picking options normally without letting the program restart itself, I think it worked. If I let chummer restart to apply certain options it will crash again, but at least now I can [probably] create a character

Pain Editor

What's your Archetype? I'm fond of Nephritic Screen and a drug gland, but I'm not the type of faggot that plays Awakened with PT.

>So i know im a faggot for doing this
A massive faggot, in fact.

Samurai also didn't typically wear hoodies or sneakers, what's your point?

Should I buy Forbidden Arcana?

No. Don't buy CGL books.

Let me reword.

Is Forbidden Arcana worth acquiring and reading?

Kinda. Not really. It has some neat ideas that they managed to fuck up.

I found parts of it alright. The part of blood magic and how pervasive in that it isn't a tradition on it's own, but a part of other traditions I thought was interesting.

Gives some really good ideas, like a blood magic using Christian Theurge

Sorry left out rigger 5.0. Is that all of them then?

Orthoskin is .25 essence per 1 soak, which is the same rate as bone lacing which is .5 essence per 2 soak.

If your optimizing soak you get all of them of course, but the order of operations is Limbs, Lacing, Ortho, because while Orthoskin is slightly worse value than Bone Lacing that doesn't mean a lot when the actual meaningful cost is identical.

>The only Soak 'ware it out performs is Dermal Plating.

That is because soak 'ware is generally amazingly efficient. Again, Bone Lacing and Orthoskin have identical essence efficiency, and their price difference is extremely minor, it is only around .2% of your starting resources.

Get the nightly builds.

English name for that is Jeep Trailblazer by the way, chummer.

That's what broke it. I'm going to try a clean install tomorrow.

What mentor spirits would postapocalyptic speed junkie wizards who battle toxic wasteland shamans follow?

>they're gonna be focusing on errata'ing the shit they're willing to cop to, first.
CGL stopped properly or fully errataing their shit basically after the Run and Gun errata.

Tsurugi's need more love. I mean one is part of the imperial regalia of Japan (and presumably a high-ass weapon focus in Shadowrun)

FA lets my Adept counterspell for the team as a Metamagic, which is nice mostly because there really needed to be more attractive options other than "More PP pls".

>the Run and Gun errata.
what happened?

Berserker, Bear, Thunderbird (best choice IMO)

Nothing. It's just the last time they put out a decent and thorough errata, and oddly enough did more and better than they did for the core book in some regards. There's still a bunch of garbage in the corebooks that's either contradictory or superfluous.

Man I love the shadowrun universe and read almost all the game books so far. However, It is such a daunting task to actually play it seems. I have never played and my friends don't want to play. They are put off by fantasy races shooting guns and having cyber shit and what not.

One thing I wanted to ask though.. why would you make a street samurai? It seems kind of stupid when you think about it. It seems like you have to gear yourself up to the point of low essence too in order to be effective? Maybe I am looking too much into it?

What do most street samurai do? I wouldn't mind playing as one I guess but I would have a hard time finding more to do besides just shoot people. It also seems like bioware stuff is way better than cyberware stuff?

>It seems like you have to gear yourself up to the point of low essence too in order to be effective?
That's the initiative arms race, and it hits everyone. Adepts also spend the majority of their starting power points on nothing but the sweet, sweet initiative dice. Anyone who doesn't do it with either ware or magic has to do it with drug addictions like Jazz, or doesn't deal with meatspace and pumps their matrix initiative big time instead. After that you get to armor which is also available in pretty damn high ratings pretty easily and things like bursts able to hit you with a -9 to dodge. Basically there's a whole lot of reasons you need to go whole hog on a bunch of stuff because of poor balance and pretty much everyone who wants to be effective has to join the arms race.

>why would you make a street samurai?
Because you need a guy that excels at Physical things (mainly fighting)

>It seems like you have to gear yourself up to the point of low essence too in order to be effective?
Yes, but having low essence isn't too bad as long as it's still positive

>What do most street samurai do?
Since they need fairly good stats for fighting they are also good when it comes to physical stuff (climbing, running, carrying, etc.) and stealth (due to their high AGI and them being able to put a LOT of tools into themselves)

>It also seems like bioware stuff is way better than cyberware stuff?
They have their niches.
Cyberware is generally more robust, cheaper in nuYen, easier to acquire, can do electrical stuff well (such as signal processing or communication) and can give some nice bonuses through Capacity.
Bioware is able to heal, cheaper in Essence, hard to notice and can do chemical/biological stuff well (such as enhancing normal functions)

It depends on where you set your priorities

Less essence cost, vastly more expensive, not always strictly better. Muscle replacement does both AGI and STR, the bio equivalents only do one. Also the whole reason you end up with such low essence at creation is because 'ware is already ridiculously expensive so you have to get low grade 'ware that kills your essence even harder, so bioware squeezes your resources even more.

>What do most street samurai do?
A street samurai has the title "Samurai" due to their sort of multi-purpose combat nature. Primarily he is the guy with the nice adaptable gun, usually like an Assault rifle. Now he isn't your Heavy Weapons guy, but he has enough AGI and a point in Throwing weapons to lob grenades accurately. Now he ain't your face either, but he's got maybe Intimidation, maybe Con to be able to do one kind of talk at least. He's got some tools on him for the most basic of a variety of tasks and maybe he's got a melee weapon to fall back on with a point or two or a specialization invested.

Street Samurai is sorta a misnomer because the role has evolved to mean something more than a character who fights using melee and a code of honor.

Street samurai are the experts of the physical realm of shadowrun, as much as a face is a master of the social or a decker the master of the matrix. It is their job to supremely dominate "traditional" aspects of crime such as violence and skulduggery to the point it transcends the traditional.

Samurai primarily focus on their agility, with intuition generally also taken high. Reaction, Body, and Strength are tertiary stats.

Because samurai tend to sit at 9 agility, they aren't actually the lunkheads you associate with combat PCs in other RPGs. They are more akin to a rogue-fighter hybrid, than a fighter from a D&D game, they tend to be extremely skilled in Palming, Lockpicking, Perception, Gymnastics, and Sneaking. This means they are good at both picking traditional and electronic locks, hiding weapons and picking pockets, perceiving hard to notice details, climbing sheer vertical surfaces multiple stories in a few seconds, and most importantly stealth, which is of great importance because it is THE skill a samurai uses to contribute when they aren't in direct conflict.

A samurai with 9 agility and 6 ranks in sneaking is superhumanly stealthy, they are basically on par with Batman or Sam Fisher in terms of avoiding detection, the second you lose sight of them they are gone, and because almost every security sensor, from ultrasound to cameras, is really a perception test on a stick opposed by stealth, there are very few places samurai can't sneak with complete impunity.

A big mistake new players make when making a samurai is overfocusing offensive dice. While offensive dice are great, defensive dice are what allow a samurai to truly be safe in combat compared to other party members who just use assault rifles to secure 1 hit kills just like you. Agile defender is god tier.

What is the consequence of low essence? I was considering street samurai but I don't want to go full "GO AS LOW AS YOU CAN GET WITH ESSENCE BUT NOT BE A CYBER ZOMBIE" tier.

Also, where is a place I Can read some good shadowrun fiction? Are there like.. books or some shit?

>One thing I wanted to ask though.. why would you make a street samurai?
To be good at killing shit.

Yes, and?

>What do most street samurai do? I wouldn't mind playing as one I guess but I would have a hard time finding more to do besides just shoot people.
Street Samurai tends to have really good Agility (Shooting people) and Reaction/Intuition (Initiative, Dodging). Strength and Body often too, but those are much less useful outside of combat.

Agility lets you be really good at physical stealth. Ninja shit. Sneaking around, picking locks, pickpocketing, and so forth. Invest in those - if your Agility is already fantastic, you don't need a tone of points to be good.

Reaction makes you good at driving cars, boats, planes, etc. You can use that to your advantage.

And Intuition makes you really good at all different kinds of Perception, meaning you're great at casing places, spotting things, eavesdropping, sensing motives, detecting lies, and so forth.

All of that combined means you're the guy to sneak around, tail people, pick pockets, eavesdrop, case joints, and stakeouts before a run, shoot shit during a run, and then drive the getaway car after the run.

When there are equivalent cyberware items, the cyberware tends to be cheaper and offer a bigger bonus, while the bioware tends to come at a lower Essence cost. Bang for your buck? Cyberware. Low profile? Bioware.

>What is the consequence of low essence?
Your Social Limit gets slightly lower (I'm talking 1 or 2 points max) and mages take a similarly small penalty when trying to cast spells on you - including healing spells.

Basically, there's almost no penalty to speak of.

There's a great storytime but I don't know about the books.

>Consequences of low essence.

Magical healing is less effective.
Social limit is down by a point or two.
Cyberpsychosis is a bit overblown as a concern, so it's not a big thing.

Electronic Locks (especially MagLocks) require Hardware tests by the way... so, not necessarily if you're just an AGI monkey.

Identifying Samurai as someone who "fights using melee" is also not entirely correct. Yes, they had a code of honor, but they were expected to be skilled archers, horsemen, poets and calligraphers and athletes, which is closer to what they do in Shadowrun.

Low essence means lower social limit, less effective magic (including healing) on you, harder First Aid/Medicine checks on you. That kind of thing. Most people don't even know about the First Aid/Medicine part, but its -1 for every 2 points of essence lost, which generalls means -2. Incidentally the same -2 applies for patients who are awakened or emerged.

Essence at low ratings in most people has absolutely no negative consequences.

In most people.

If your mental stats, especially charisma, are really low however, too much 'ware makes you really creepy, nuking your already low social limit to the point you will hit your max often enough just on 4 dice to roll.

However, there are many mental illnesses and physical complications that might, and the key word here is MIGHT, manifest once your essence becomes low enough, that are all in the Chrome Flesh book. If you want to play a perfectly nice person auged to the gills with 5.99 points of essence lost with no mental or physical health issues so to speak of you can just say that none of those medical complications cropped up for you and make sure to take a charisma that isn't potato tier (I am talking like... just be average at 3) to avoid the creep factor.

I see.. now when it comes to how the world perceives a street samurai with low essence how is that taken into account? Like if I am a security guard, why would I let a person who is CLEARLY cyber wared out of their fucking mind(but not a zombie) into this business structure that has sensitive information in it?

Thats just an example. I remember reading stories from other players basically saying how street samurai had to basically wait in the van until the shooting starts because its too obvious you are a cyber'd up killing machine with transhuman armblades in every limb.

>Electronic Locks (especially MagLocks) require Hardware tests by the way... so, not necessarily if you're just an AGI monkey

They do not. All relevant rolls for picking maglocks (AKA not using disguise or a stolen copied keycard) are done via lockpicking, not hardware.

Relevant rules are here: drive.google.com/file/d/0BwK6p6xLFlI3WDFKaEJpQWtnTzA/edit

>Also, where is a place I Can read some good shadowrun fiction?
The Harebrained Shadowrun Returns series of games.

>Are there like.. books or some shit?
Yeah, but you said you wanted something good, so...