Star Wars Legion

So will you give it a try?
What are your hopes?
What are you concerned about?
Do you have any good/bad experience with FFG models-based games already?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XZj9Hxf4o5Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

idk if the price is decent i will try it or at least buy the started set.

If it were clone wars era, I might have considered giving it a try. Between the boring ass Rebellion era, those shit looking minis, and the need for those awful FFG tools, I'll skip. Hope other people get what they want out of it tho

I agree with the Clone Wars thing. Look, i get it, its where the most popular Star Wars setting comes from. But truth is, those movies never felt like an actual Infantry War. Space War? Damn sure, with the many awesome space ship wars happening, but the closest thing we got was the battle of Hoth, and even that one was dependent on ships to face the walkers.

Clone Wars get us more Jedi/Sith heroes, give us a far bigger variety of Infantry (with Clones, Trade Federation robots, independents). And if I'm honest, there is a lesser chance of seeing Luke and Vader on the field, which I know many may like, but Star Wars is oversaturated with those two and we definitly could use other heroes.

>those shit looking minis
That's my biggest concern about this game desu. The IA models are shit and the Runewars seem to be just a slightly better but I have never seen them IRL - only unboxings and video reviews

I'd like to hear more about the rules and what they'll have at launch, but I'm still somewhat interested. I could see playing this with some of the guys I play EotE with, but aren't as into miniature games.
I agree with that clone wars might have been a better setting given the greater potential for 'you dudes'. Given that, I'm hoping they'll give options for generic unnamed leaders and put heavier point costs on to heroes.

Minis don't look good.

>boring ass Rebellion era
>i get it, its where the most popular Star Wars setting comes from
>i get it, [Rebellion Era is] where the {ONLY GOOD} star wars {movies} come from
If they had branched outside the three REAL SW movies, myself and many others wouldn't have considered touching it for even a second.

Nope. Will not buy. They made it 35mm scale. My Imperial Assault miniatures are 30mm scale. Making them useless. Will not buy it because it's a blatant cash grab move to change the scale. Also, only two factions with a possible third down the line. No thanks.

Nope hard pass, shit minis, shit tool requirements, and shitty monpose.
Also most people already have an infantry based wargame, it's an oversaturated market, so it makes no logical sense for them to try and capitalize on a very small niche of people who
>haven't already invested in Warhammer (AoS or 40k), Warmahordes, Infinity, or Malifaux to the point they're unwilling to switch
>care about the hobby enough to purchase models they need to assemble and paint
>don't care enough about the hobby that monopose and shit quality are irrelevant to their purchase
So that leaves you with a few kids who will do nothing to promote long term growth and die hard Star Wars fanboys which will slowly alienate anyone outside of their niche. All of which bodes ill for a wargame that people are banking on being a success

Here user. All the rules you need to know and a preview of what they have so far. youtube.com/watch?v=XZj9Hxf4o5Y

Holy god that game is an abomiation. kill it from orbit please

Another game that's DOA from Fantasy Flight. They'll probably only release one unit per faction twice a year like they do for x-wing and armada, which will cause the two people who buy this game to grow bored between releases.

I'd buy it in an instant if it was clone wars. It's a much better setting for this kind of game. Not to mention it has the superior Asohka.

You forgot >aren't already satisfied with Imperial Assault.

honestly, i'd probably try it if the models were pre-assembled and painted like X-wing, because i already dedicate too much of my free time to building/painting 40k stuff that i don't have the drive to add another range of minis to build/paint. which is too bad because customizing an army of imperial troopers sounds pretty fun desu

Pre-order price on their website said $90 last I checked.

I can't really see this game having a huge range of models. An ATST is pprobably the biggest thing this game will see, and it'll be lucky of it gets a third faction.

recap?

>So will you give it a try?
I might. That depends on the answers we get between now and release to questions I have, as well as whether there will be people to play with locally.
>What are your hopes?
I hope the production models are as good as the ones shown in promotional materials. I hope the miniatures are made of good hard plastic. I hope they announce the inclusion of Clone Wars-, Old Republic-, and sequel-trilogy-era factions in addition to the Galactic Civil War. I hope there is some amount of customization to figures, even they're still mostly monopose.
>What are you concerned about?
I'm concerned that all of FFG's other character-scale miniatures games (Descent, Imperial Assault, Runewars) use the same softish board game plastic. I'm concerned that FFG hasn't mined the Clone Wars much (or the Old Republic era at all) for material for Armada, Imperial Assault, or X-Wing.
>Do you have any good/bad experience with FFG models-based games already?
I don't mind the proprietary dice nearly as much as a lot of other people. But I am not a fan of their design philosophy that essentially demands storage solutions for all the cards and tokens their games incorporate. The many movement templates for X-Wing and Runewars can be a hassle (although the templates for Legion might be no worse than using a tape measure).

If FFG is serious about making Legion a legitimate wargame -- with the sculpts, materials, and factions that entails -- I will be totally on board. I really want to have an army of CIS scum, with massive numbers of B1 droids, healthy numbers of B2 droids,
and an assortment of droidekas, BX-series droids, MagnaGuards, etc., commanded by General Grievous or Asajj Ventress. But this isn't something they've done before, so it's way too early to tell.

It isn't 40K or pre-Sigmar Warhammer Fantasy. Therefore, it is, obviously, literal shit. The models are sculpted from actual human fecal matter, and the stat cards and rulebooks are written in what wastewater treatment workers euphemistically call biosolids.

Disney hates prequel era and barely mentions or acknowledges it. Don't expect it

I think a to-scale AT-AT is out of the picture, but there are a few things between the AT-ST and AT-AT in size that I think *could* make it, although the likely candidates are closer to the AT-ST end of the range, and mostly depend on inclusion of Clone Wars factions.

>AT-TE (Legends size)
>AAT
>NR-N99 Persuader-class
>T_-B tank classes

Nope.

>Non-standard miniature scale
>Proprietary measuring sticks instead of just using a tape measure

primo, that's obviously not true, secundo, evil disney strikes again, bob iger personally overlooking every single licensed product to make it as shitty and cashgraby as possible...

ffg faggots hate the prequels, not disney, and even they included PT in Destiny

See
It removes almost all potential conversion opportunities. How fucking hard is it to use measuring tapes? The cards themselves are way too busy to be understood by an outsider at a glance (pic related is an example of a more readable design layout/ style)

Forgot pic my bad

My brother is pretty certain they're using the exact same IA molds, just using a different plastic with different shrinkage.