Theme Crews Edition

Faction Stat Card Almanac:
mega.nz/#F!a8QBgCaD!mMN8jvLMuNKHA5G3nJ0FSg

>Books
Malifaux: mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach: mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - New models
Book 5 - New models & Master upgrades

Through the Breach 2E - Core Rulebook

Discord voice chat for malifaux chat and memery: discord.gg/xWkuFRz

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives

Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Post your shitty theme conversion crews.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/GBcypkT
malifauxmusings.com/2016/08/on-her-majestys-secret-service.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Old thread:

In the interestes of you being allowed to leave your house with your models, is there any theme besides Islamic extremist pigs that appeals for your Ulix?

I was just about to request those pictures. Now i dont have to. Thank you.

Then I'll dump the rest up.
It's a fucking gorgeous crew, it deserves airtime.

Ya did it again. Still, thanks for making a new OP.

What strats do the different TT masters excel at?

McCabe and Shen tend to excel at all of them. Don't bother with the rest.

>Ya did it again.
Nope, different guy, same dumb mistake.
I assumed the first field would come first.

>What strats do the different TT masters excel at?
I'd like to know that too, actually.
Lynch is always talked up as killy, as are Asami and Misaki, Brewmaster can lock down a centre zone, and Shen and McCabe can apparently do anything and everything, but I'm not sure where Yan Lo and Mei shine.

I present my most obnoxious 'theme crew' model.

Shenlong and Asami have you covered.

Really if Zip didn't exist Shenlong would have you covered once you really learn him.

>Don't bother with the rest.
Why you got to be like dat mang?

Seriously, teir-ing Masters and dismissing the "weak" ones is this scene's most irritating habit.

Mei feng is usually a counter pick or if you want to just be an annoying prick because Komainu spam is really fucking annoying.

>Zip crushes Shen
How?
I assume I'm missing an obvious interaction-blocker...

Welcome to the game where list selection is free.

Zipps No Quarter upgrade forces you to discard a card every time a master or henchman declares a (0) action while within aura 6 of him. Plop him down near Shenlong or Sensei Yu and that's like 4 discards per turn unless you just don't use disciple or half of Shenlongs card.

Have the pic on hard drive? Sounds ridiculous.

Anyone else get terrified when they received their order and saw that the back of the box listed the contents as '2 Kentauroi'?

>'2 Kentauroi'
Wyrd packaging is still a shitshow.

Even the wave 5 book has quite a few typeos. Guess they're really pushing it with the staff they've got.

The third one in the box is a gencon bonus.

Wtf, why? The shit costs $40 and jorogumo come packed 3. Can't imagine these fucks costing that much more to produce.

I guess that they are in line with the Mounted Guard. I can't believe that I missed out on the third Kentaroi though. That is a case where the sale on the Wyrd store was and actual discount.

But the jorogumo are larger. Guess profit was too low on them or something. Maybe it's an indicator of hard times at the Wyrd headquarters.

The Jorogumo were probably three to a box because they can be summoned. I imagine that they capped the box set at $40 as they seem to not want any Malifaux product to be too expensive.

Still man, seems like an awful lot just for those two.
The single opposite of the two is labeled as ALT KENTAUROI. Man, fuck Wyrd.

That is very true. The Jorogumo were on two BIG sprues, whereas at retail the Kentaroi will be on one skinny sprue as with the Mounted Guard for the same price. Also thinking back to their rules, Kentaroi can be summoned so I guess that they just price things however at points.

More shit theme crew!

>Still man, seems like an awful lot just for those two.
No fucking kidding bro.

Gone are the days when I pretend to myself that Wyd's pricing is better than most others on the market.

To be fair their plastics have been generally consistent in pricing, and the plastic models are often priced cheaper than their metal equivalents. Ashes & Dust for instance is $10 cheaper than the metal one. For big monsters, they are certainly below par for the market. For normal sized individual dudes, they are average.

New GG18 beta

I'm happy with the direction things have gone.

It is through the site for early release though. Any other online retailers are way cheaper for general releases.
Is this counting metals at market? I got ashes for 10 shipped and those fucks are infinitely cheaper to produce. He ain't even all metal.

What changed?

Where did they publish it?

Summoned models count as peons.
On the forums, announcements I think.

I am looking at metals, at retail price at that.

>Summoned models count as peons
Not anymore, they still don't count in Ours, but work as normal in other strats.

Thank god.

Don't touch my boy Sommer

Noooooooooo.
Ty for the update user.
Ok, cause M1e had some seriously shit sculpts. Donno how they stayed afloat then. And I'm not hating on the style, Leveticus was quite cartoonishly and I likes his models. That's also probably why there are still so many on the secondary market.

>New GG!
Hype!
I look forward to the next wave of podcast bitching - it makes for solid painting and biking listening.

It's still $20 per horsey.
I know they are more delicate and such, so are very well casted, but they still aren't the sharpest casts on the market (not that I have many complaints about that) so it seems a little high.

The "Unplanned" thing is hideously inelegant, but there needs to be something to wind back summoning.
If nothing else, it's fucking boring as shit to see every Extraction table Somer/Nico/Ramos.

I like that Symbols of Authority's placement restrictions force you to put one forwards, and they fixed the Public Execution marker thing.
Don't know why Ply for Information now has the Sever damage clause on it - there's some book-keeping to forget.

But most importantly of all:
>Supply Wagon.
That's great, but it's also a 0-0 if you pull it on Corner, and an insane advantage to deploying second in Flank.

>Always Scheme:
>Hidden Trap
Sick bruh.

>Masks: Hold Up Their Forces
Still think this is a dumb scheme that is far too easy to deny points 2 and 3.
>Crows: Decay
Wut. Why?
>Tomes: Buried Treasure
No longer impossible to score, cool.
>Rams: Collect Evidence
That's actually a pretty smart change to avoid a slow play then three-VP turn.

>5: Strand of Fate
Claim Jump and Protect Territory simultaneously. Ok I guess?
>9: Vigilante
"If Vendetta fucked Frame for Murder, would hte baby be cool?" Maybe.
>10: Take one for the Team
You've even highlighted the fucking typo. You added about four words and still published it with the typo. Christ.

All in all, I think this is going in a good direction though.

I know the Malifaux discord died, but this one has some discussion on the game discord.gg/GBcypkT

Big warhammer bias though, could do with more malifaux players

>Pink Gremlins
Gross.

Been thinking about doing a Bayou list with McMourning. He can hire Burt and Gracie as mercs, and pics as beasts and fill out the rest with the be undead gremlins.

But why male models?

What're the general feelings on the Rogue Necromancy nowadays?

It's pretty handy. I love using it with Annah, who will shoot anything that it is engaged with in order to make it fail a WP duel, in order to get free attacks. You can put out a lot of hurt just like that.

It's a shame Anna is so ugly and awkward.

If I want to weeaboo martial art and kick ass in a fight what should I get into?

Viktoria, Misaki, Mei Feng, Shen Long?

Definitely Shlong - he is all about the Asian fightan magic.
He even has differentstylesof kung fu that let him use flame/poison etc. for added weeb lightshow effect.

Mei Feng, Shenlong and Misaki. Of course Wong is the best asian wizard.

I like that she looks like a super stern linrarian and has awful people skills. Makes her relatable to me. Though I dont murder people or enslave them.

Wild boars or the sow (for piglet summoning) seem best forhim. Hire a hog whisperer not burt.

>It's a shame Anna is so ugly and awkward.
As a character or model?
The first is the point, the latter is just wrong.

Why in the world is the Hog Whisperer a Merc?
Was pig-Marcus a thing back in book 1?

Because in version 1.0 Gremlins belonged to Outcasts and outcasts were predominantly mercs

Wong doesn't do melee
Also saying 3 out of 4 choices given doesn't help at all.

What are the limits on McMourning's Beast hires?
Sure he doesn't get the same pool as Marcus?

But the rest of the Gremlin faction isn't Merc.
Why Hog Whisperers?

She does not target wp with any of her attacks though

Horror check on a trigger.
But it's Wp12, so hardly difficult.

I assumed they were talking about character when I replied but some people dislike the model.

No he dpesnt melee but he is better and ultra asian. Get wong, burt, gracie and go beat up yan lo players because you are now big trouble in little china.
Shenlongs bix has useless minions but a great henchman, its better to get after you own some other stuff. Torakage are rather versatile so getting misakis box should work, then look into ten thunders brothers then shenlong.

Max 4, beyond that hes marcus now.
For marcus and to pair with gracie plus zoraida can take wild boars.

Her melee canbut its ml5

Who is hype for nix in gather intel? Also levi will dominate that fragile one by burying till end of turn, or tara burying the model, or guild lawyers hard to wounding it up.

>hype for nix in gather intel
Why?

>Decay
Considering that you can score it Turn 1, it looks like a minimum of 2 free VP to any crew, period.
Aside from that, there's a metric shit-ton of stuff that can virtually guarantee it even without shenanigans.

If Levi is Buried at the end of his activation and unburies at the start of the next turn, is he "in play" at the end of the turn?
I thought that was the whole problem with Assassinate-like set-ups.

I´m new on the game, i´ve bought titania, teddy and primordial magic, how i should continue?

Can I play Hamelin without Brotherhood of the Rat? Would it be as effective as playing with the box?

Play half a dozen games before you pick up more stuff.
If you haven't played any games before, I'd start at 20-30ss for the first couple - there's a lot of shit to keep track of.

After that, the easiest is another crew box - Lilith's Mother of Monsters(?) has good objective scorers and very strong henchman.

You can, but it won't be as effective as you'll lack the rat models to do the rat engine properly.
You can still do the active Hamelin shit that he's good at though.
On the upside, people will actually play you.

(titania guy) i´ve allready played several games, i´m looking for models which works well with the titania scheme play

Good news everybody!
Nekima's shitty sword is a separate piece!

Well in that case, Lilith's box as I said.
Insidious Madnesses are another strong option for fast scheme runners, but that are a fair bit more expensive I think.

Also, I belive it is important to know for a new Hamelin player, as I see this term being used everywhere... What is "rat engine" exactly?

The boring shitty algorithm you run through at the start of each turn to burn activations, meaning you activate nothing of worth until after the opponent has activated all their models and is unable to react to your moves.

From memory, it is something like:

Rat 1
Rat 2 (move to Rat 1 and 3)
Rat 3 (activate, is forced to sacrifice and summon a Rat King)
Rat King (sacrifice to summon a Rat 4 and a Rat Catcher)

If you have more Rats, you can move Rat 4 to them to make a Rat king and get another cycle.
You can also use another model (Wretches?) to attack a Rat with 'Throw Rat', which summons yet another Rat, allowing you to repeat the cycle again, or next turn.

You can get 6 activations for the price of three Rats - 6ss.

This will usually leave you with about 40ss-worth of models acting almost unopposed for the majority of the game.

Details are probably wrong, but that's the essence of it.

Gather intel is removed by severe damage. You cant do that to nix.

Or models around him iirc

Doubling down on Lilith, Barbaross doesn't do schemes, but him and Tita in tandem are nastylicious.

This link is old but has good information.
malifauxmusings.com/2016/08/on-her-majestys-secret-service.html

But doesn't that mean that my opponent can also do whatever they want while I'm busy with rat breeding?

Barbaros and Tannen synergize nicely with her. Barbaros puts him his wp 14 duel if you target anyone but her, Tannen prevents cheating unless you discard, and Titania puts She Will End Us All on beaters. Now your opponents beaters have to pass a tn 14 wp duel to attack anyone but Barbaros, or discard 2 cards to attack anyone but Titania.

McTavish is a good merc hire for her, Nekima is a strong hire in any neverborn crew and Nekima with QC and Malifaux provides is just absurd.

Only if you feel like letting them - you still have the freedom to activate your 'relevant' models at any time.

As I understand it, this is usually done Turn 1 and 2 - by then, your opponent .must. commit to a course of action, or they won't have the AP or Turns to complete their objectives. This lets you be fully reactive in the early jockeying for position, without actually giving up any control on the tempo of the game. If they are going for schemes in your half, or piling into the centre, you see that and can respond with close-to-perfect positioning, because you don't have to worry about giving away your plans, or being ambushed.
Later in the game, it's useful for the same thing - hold just outside of charge range and burn ractivations until your opponent has to move in to try adn claim objectives, then counter-charge.

The biggest problem with them is the book-keeping of who activated/is slow/needs to move where, and avoiding accidentally blocking your own movement lanes.
Also it takes eleven hours to do a turn with a billion activations, which is no fun for anyone.

>Or models around him iirc
Fucking Hamelin crew bullshit motherfucker.
Gawd I hate him.

My local store is going to bring Malifaux, and I'm in love with the "Sucker Punch" vibe this crew gives.
Is there anything I should know about them?

If your opponent is forced to activate their important models before you you get to react to everything they do with zero space for counterplay. Even in normal games where you're one or two activations behind this ramps up in effectiveness drastically. When Hamelin pops in with some 12-14 activations a turn you have to commit all your models, some times before reaching your opponent, after which your opponent can scheme, send in some 12ish SS beatstick or reposition as they like. It's not just a huge advantage, more importantly it's incredibly boring to play against as it takes away the reactive nature of Malifaux and replaces it with "You do your turns then I'll do mine".

What sort of beasts are people looking to take with McMourning now? Just double down on Poison with things like the Rattler, or..?

I'm not so sure the Rattler is ever the right pick - as far as Poison output it's ok, but it's not really tough enough to the tarpit job that its abilities are built around.

I'd guess fast beasts to go with rapid-Push Doug, so he has more support when he does his Turn 2 down your throat bullshit.

But I'm not a Guild or Ressur player, so I'm not so sure.

Scorrpius

Scorpius is finally good with McM. Grootslang and Dawn Serpent are interesting choices.

They a are all about alpha striking and killing a bunch of dudes, before dying themselves. Great if you have anything that calls for lots of dead models like Hunting Party.

Gracias. I want to paint Latigo Posse with that style.

A Cerberus with debt or my little helper could be nasty
Rogue Necro into guild with is also interesting with the extra AP you can give it (Judge, domador, abuela)
Dawn serpent is another interesting potential hire

I'm a little confused. What is 'the Event' in the fluff? What exactly is ascension, does it just mean getting lots of power? How did Sonia trap Cherufe at first? The Governor-General became the Burning Man? Does that make him a Tyrant now? Where's he? Is Sonia powerless now then?

The event is when a thing called the Red Cage crashed down to Malifaux. Ascension is basically attaining godhood level powers. Sonnia didin't trap Cherufe, Cherufe was originally in the red cage, but when it crashed it broke and unleashed the energies that caused the avatar transofmations, and Cherufe went and bonded its essence with Sonnia, which got contained by the mask she wears. The GG tried to become a Tyrant, but McCabe gave him the wrong bones on purpose so the ritual got fucked and he bonded with Cherufe to become the Burning Man.

Er, what are avatar transformations? And is there a new Governor-General? I never see his name, it's always 'the GG' so I thought they'd never actually let him do stuff.

Avatar transformations are the various masters of the game basically becoming Tyrants for a limited time. The old GG, who joined with Cherufe and became the Burning Man, was named Kitchener. There's a new GG now named Marlow.

>Sonnia didn't trap Cherufe
>Cherufe went and bonded its essence with Sonnia, which got contained by the mask she wears.
I though Sonia donned the mask to contain Cherufe?

Execturioner close-up

>McCabe gave him the wrong bones on purpose so the ritual got fucked and he bonded with Cherufe to become the Burning Man.

God DAMN it Luke, you tit.
I haven't actually read the fluff yet myself - did Lucas know it was going to go wrong like this, or was he just trying to make sue the GG didn't becoem supergod and unaware of the consequences?

The model.
Worst interpretation of glasses, terribly shaped face, poorly defined decorative comb, shoulder-arm armor was completely neutered, awful implementation of armor dress, and the pose isn't dynamic or even subtly interesting. It's just boring. Though the hair is well done.

Are these your customs? They look insanely good.

No, the mask was put on her. At the time she was a flaming rage monster trying to burn everything.

He was given the wrong bones by the 10T to thwart the ritual on purpose. I don't think anyone knew what the actual end result would be.

I'll give you the glasses, they are fucking terrible, but I think the rest is a bit much.

>No, the mask was put on her. At the time she was a flaming rage monster trying to burn everything.
Right, so the mask is there to contain Cherufe, it just wasn't (necessarily) Sonia's idea.

>I don't think anyone knew what the actual end result (of wrecking Matheson's ritual) would be
As long as Fireman Sam doesn't turn out to be Just As (Yan Lo) Planned, then that's fine.

No, it's a guy called HaychDee.
Has a good blog with some of his work on it, such as Pic Related - before and after Jackalope re-summoning off a dead Beast.