Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

Power Stance Edition

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8
Previous bread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/GBcypkT
youtube.com/watch?v=zB6FaGBz0Lo
youtube.com/watch?v=yVe9WoKm448
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Am I reading the rules wrong or do I have to pull some tetris shit with my troops to get a benefit out of numerical superiority?

8th? Im pretty sure after initial charge, you get a combat reform at the end for maximum contact.

It's called positioning.

Why are there so many names for Knight Errant?

Is your social life as dead as your game? Are you bored out of your mind? Do you, too, want to complain about GW or anything else*? No? Neither do I, so why not join this Discord centered around Veeky Forums. discord.gg/GBcypkT

Discords are the death of generals.

Would the druchii be better if they were interested in developing and expanding Naggaroth and were more racial supremicists who felts that ends justified means rather than being outright evil? With an ever-shifting high court of princes fencing for dominance and trying to off rivals? With Morathi still around and still a Slaaneshi, but not in control, and Malekith dead and buried?

I can't find any scans of the Warmaster campaigns and scenarios section of the books. All the scans I found cut that part out. Anyone have copies or links that would help out? Are they just really bad so no one bothered?

they are the next step in the evolution of generals

>and were more racial supremacists who felt the ends justify the means rather than being outright evil

But that's kind of what the High Elves do. The Dark Elves do it as well, but they've taken it to the extreme that all other races are there to either serve them or just get trampled for their amusement.

>Total War: Warhammer 2, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya, Man'o'war: Corsair, Vermintide

Think we'll ever get a proper solo or party-based RPG set in the warhammer world, in the style of Gotrek and Felix or the like?

No. The Dark Elves are plenty cool enough as they are. Their utter backstabbing, looting, pillaging, slave-taking, blood-sacrificing murderfuckfest is so extreme that it's actually the best group of villains in the game. Only Skaven come close otherwise.

Agreed. Plus they naturally become insular, closed-off communities. General threads, like any threads, thrive on new traffic.

I kinda wish Malekith was dead. His monomaniacal focus on Ulthuan and refusal to actually take Naggaroth completely got tiresome.

I feel like if we were going to get an RPG, we would have at least heard about it by now. I'd hate for someone to go 'we're gonna make a cool Warhammer game' and pump it out in a year with little depth or detail.

To be fair, did they ever need to take Naggaroth completely? It's kind of a shitty place, and for reasons I don't fully understand they hate carving out new territory anyway. And most of the setting works under the assumption that borders have barely, if at all, changed in the thousands of years since they were established. It's only the idea that they're constantly getting smashed and barely keeping themselves together that keeps it believable, and even then only just.

I remain convinced that the reason the High Elves numbers are declining (I say 'are' because I refuse to acknowledge the End Times), is because Asuryan cursed the Elves, or told the other gods not to help them any longer, after Malekith's sacrilege of thinking himself worthy of the fires. If the Witch King is ever destroyed, then the High Elves should see a resurgence in their fortunes... Or maybe it'd take wiping the Dark Elves out entirely. Who knows?

>for reasons I don't fully understand they hate carving out new territory anyway

Malekith refuses to acknowledge he'll never rule Ulthuan and won't treat Naggaroth as permanent, so he refuses to create new noble houses, either.

The nobles, being greedy dicks, see no reason to protest this, and almost none of them ever spend the massive resources to establish a new settlement (which would get sabotaged anyway).

I really wish there were decent rules for tabletop seiges. I'd buy one of those Fisher price castles I don't give a fuck. I just think it would be pretty fun.

imagine how many hours went into this.

They'd probably be more interesting if they went the more ambiguous Dark Eldar route instead of quasi-Chaos Elves.

Basically Malenkith should have murdered Morathi and had Khaine the absolute god with no tolerance for Slaanesh

You'd think that'd be a major concern, especially with how often they use walls and bridges and such in art and dioramas.

I prefer the Dark Elves to the Dark Eldar, mostly because the Dark Eldar only make sense (barely) in 40k's rule of cool universe.

The Dark Elves have the flayed skin and blood, but that's a side-hobby - part of what makes them feared by others, along with their cool monsters. There seems to be at least a facade of depth to their society, and you can treat them as an army and state instead of just as a pile of pirates.

The Dark Eldar base everything they do around being as 110% edgy as possible - grinding up slaves and snorting them off of each other's spike-covered asses while fucking over everyone else (unless it's funny to save them), and being so backstabby and unfocused that they'll probably only raid planets that even the Night Lords feel are too easy for them. It's not just part of the gameplan for them, it's literally how they survive, being fuckers with absolutely nothing redeeming or tragic about them, and with no game plan beyond 'fuck the universe with a spike-covered dildo.' Malekith and Morathi at least feel like they have depth, wheras Vect and whoever he argues with are just...kinda there. They're manipulative, but they seem real distant from most of what goes on with the DE. Though I'll admit their xenos conscripts are pretty cool, the mad-science vibe they can have is interesting, and they make a good break from Chaos.

Where can I find a compilation of every Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay stat block? Would I have to make it myself?

The fuck is seriously wrong with that deer?

Ticks.

I'm not sure, but I think those woods need a purge before we get reports of beastmen over-running a village in rural Montana or something.

There were, but not for 8th edition.

Not enough video games to talk about?

Anyone played Streets of Marienburg here? There's some things I don't quite understand about it if anyone could help me out

How does HP and recovery work exactly? Is there no max HP?

Are enemies supposed to get attacks and have failures or problems too?

The ranger class has this skill:
Rugged: Add +1 Stamina.
What does that do? Give them an extra stamina die to roll when recovering HP?

So, after being witness of 40k 8ed success, how long before AOS gets back to its fantasy roots and the game is finally fixed and purge of Kirby's taint?

I think High Elves were cursed the moment Bel Shanaar cheated the flames with magical protection. Sure, Malekith failed the test, but at least he went in without cheating.
Then the next phoenix kings continued to cheat and high elves have been declining ever since. No one was worthy to be King because they were never tested properly.
Killing Malekith would solve nothing. There needs to be a high elf with enough balls to brave the flames.

>inb4 End Times lore
Bel Shanaar being protected by mages and priests is before 8th edition and ET.

Fuck off you shilling bastard

Never

>Cheating

Desiretoknowmore.jpg

Sundering series.

You say that as though the flames couldn't shred those spells like babby's first cantrip if the phoenix king were truly unworthy. Besides, the High Elves enjoyed peace, prosperity and increased numbers under Bel Shanarr; their misfortunes only started after Malekith's BBQ.

>Besides, the High Elves enjoyed peace, prosperity and increased numbers under Bel Shanarr; their misfortunes only started after Malekith's BBQ.

They became degenerates and pleasure cults were rising all over Ulthuan and colonies. Bel Shanaar was powerless to stop the decline.
Malekith stopped it temporarily, but he fucked up when he didn't execute his mother so they came back.

>You say that as though the flames couldn't shred those spells like babby's first cantrip if the phoenix king were truly unworthy

Then why cast the spells at all? Aenarion just jumped into the flames like a maniac.
What were they afraid of if they were so certain Asuryan would bless Bel Shanaar? It doesn't add up.

I do enjoy the idea that none of the Phoenix Kings have met with Azunyan's approval, and that Malekith might even have been an intended successor who was having his evil literally burned out of him, but the idea that he's STILL chosen is gay.

My theory is that Bel Shanaar wasn't Aenarion-levels of awesome, but Asuryan didn't give enough of a fuck to incinerate him and was all, "Eh. Whatever, you'll do. It's not like there's demons running around anymore. You's a bitch for not doing it raw though, so no godly superpowers for you."

Meanwhile when Mama's Boy jumped in, Asuryan was all, "Oh-ho-HO no you don't! You just slaughtered like, a hundred nobles within my temple and you're clearly a complete motherfucker, literally! You extra crispy now, bitch!"

The problem with Bel Shanaar and later phoenix kings is that they were chosen by other princes, not Asuryan.
If they really wanted to be 100% legit, every candidate should've passed through the flames without magical protection and let Asuryan sort them out.
They were all pussies.
The first council should've said: "Okay, Bel Shanaar and Malekith will pass through the flames. The one who survives will be king."
Problem solved.

>anime reaction image

You sure showed me, autist.

Where do you guys get square bases at a reasonable price? Why is it so much more difficult than finding round ones?

The problem here they feared Malekith going into the flame and didn't want him to because that would force them to accept him as king. They rejected Malekith because they thought that they would bring more war and bloodshed as he and his mother desired to sail North and end the Chaotic threat once and for all. They desired peace and so the timid Bel Shanaar was chosen.

Later in the End Times content it was revealed that the Chaos Gods whispered into the minds of the council members and fed their fears of Malekith because the Chaos Gods knew that if Malekith became the king then he was going to end what his father and Caledor started. He would remove Chaos's foothold in the world and banish them forever from the world. But Chaos is not only mighty, it's cunning as well. They made sure the Elves slit their own throats by rejecting Malekith.

Shhhhh, don't mention End Times here, you'll trigger people.

>the End Times
The whatnow?
The what, sorry? I didn't quite catch that. Did you mean, "Something that never fucking happened?"

Besides, why is this an issue? Malekith does a great job as the evilest and coolest villain to stalk the Warhammer world!
>Manfred? Another vampire. Yawn.
>Archaon? Too played up. He's all hype with very little actual achievement behind him.
>Grimgor? Big, brutish, has an 'uge choppa, is a li'll bit kunnin. Is there anything else original about him?
>Great-mighty Grey Seer Thanquol? ...Okay, he gets a pass just for being so hilariously inept.

Meanwhile, have you SEEN the Dark Elves trailer?! youtube.com/watch?v=zB6FaGBz0Lo

Malekith is straight-up Darth Vader here! Like, I am 100% certain the animator saw that scene at the end of Rogue One and went, "Fuck yes, I have GOT to make Malekith that badass!" The Witch-King makes an excellent villain; the setting would be objectively weaker without him being the most utterly evil, over-the-top, bastardly, despicable evil overlord ever created.

What a waste of quads.

While I feel like this is bait, Malekith definitely is the best of the ow-the-edge villains, mostly owing to having a way more interesting past, a hot mom, and a more varied faction to command. It's too bad character development was banned until the ET rush job and retcons to support AoS.

N-nani?!?

Wait, do quad dubs beat two dubs and a quad? I'm confused, who wins here?

>Bait
That wasn't my intention..? I mean yeah, the other villains work; they do their job just fine. I just feel that Malekith fills the 'evil overlord' role better than the others fill their roles of 'dread vampire', 'big, brutish force of destruction', 'chosen of the gods of evil', etc. Again, Thanquol gets a pass for going above and beyond the call of duty and becoming a Saturday morning cartoon villain, which is just so perfectly Skaven, it's almost enough to make me want to play them... Almost.

WHAT TRICKERY IS THIS?

i forget the name, but they're benign growths caused by some virus

Do what's the deal with the Doomstones?

full house beats pairs

youtube.com/watch?v=yVe9WoKm448

Man. I'd love to have just that puzzle box and the tooth sculptures to use as handouts in a WFRP game.

How do we know that magical protection is cheating? It's only set up as being such in End Times, where it's directly said 'Malekith was supposed to be the Pheonix King all along.'

What frustrates me is that it would be easy for there to be a rule like 'oh you're supposed to be unprotected going into the flame.' But no, the only indicator that it might be so is that Aenerion did it, and the only reason he didn't use protection is that he was desperate enough to try and sacrifice himself, right? But the Pheonix Kings weren't trying to sacrifice themselves, they just wanted Asuryan's favor.

In 6th ed Lizardmen Armies, how are Skink Skirmishers best used?

I managed to get my hands on an all-classic models army and now have 35 Skinks with shorts (gonna just count them as blowpipes I guess).

Like you use any other skirmishers, in small units of 10 or less, harassing, redirecting and hunting warmachine crews.

Why units of ten or less?

Because of diminishing results.

Please elaborate.

Taking big units doesn't help close combat because skirmishers don't get rank bonus and for their intended job (previously mentioned) you don't need big units anyway.

Gotcha, thanks.

Are Skink skirmishers any good?

Skirmishers in general are always useful.

I only have experience using them in 7th and 8th, but I can tell you that they are very good. Their 6" move lets them virtually dance around most enemy units.

>Dark Eldar base everything they do around being as 110% edgy as possible

No they do what they do you get soul essence and maximize that because under all the sadism they are scared shitless of dying and going to slaanesh.

at least read the material before you start wanking, user

Depends on the army and composition. You aren't going to win spamming clanrats or your equivalent and bringing 200 guys to the fight, you need a hammer for your anvil.

>You aren't going to win spamming clanrats or your equivalent
Occasionally rats or skinks can make a total horde army work. Goblins too, though less consistently.

>200 guys
They can get a lot more than 200.

Any elite unit will give hordes of cheap infantry a difficult time, especially with a character to challenge any character in the horde. The real threat are hordes of middling infantry.

And how many guys you can get obviously depends on points.

I just found out about Drachenfels

wtf

Pray tell, kind user, what is it about Drachenfels that causes you to proclaim such exclamations?

His lore is bizarre. Some caveman that has magical life absorption powers somehow, wears bodyparts, can command Orcs, Daemons, and Undead. Demands tributes from the Chaos Gods for some reason and fought Sigmar. Killed an Emperor but was left alone to chill in his castle after. Got defeated yet didn't and haunts a play production commemorating it.

Settle this, who's the best wizard?

Nagash sniffs the rest like coke

Caledor.

He has to go back to the flames user, but at this point he's so evil there's more that needs burning than his body and soul can provide.

This.

Is there ever a reason to take huntsmen over archers?
Seems like a waste of special points that could have gone towards more artillery.

He's from very early in the setting. Back then Chaos wasn't as mary sue. People didn't try to kill him because it just wasn't doable, and it only snapped him out of his malaises. He does magic through raw will.

He's in a weird pseudo canon state, frequently referenced, even his castle was placed on a map. In modern lore he would have been insanely strong - his first great works involved defying death before the polar gates had been constructed, let alone collapsed.

Teclis.

Teclis is a bitchboi compared to the ones present

Nagash is the only mortal the Chaos Gods ever deigned to consider an actual threat to their end game, the only character in the TT with 5 Magic, a genius inventor of new schools of thought, conquered death, exterminated the greatest human civilization in history in a single night, simply will not stay dead, and has a nice hat.

Where is Drachenfels

Hardly, he straight up beat Malekith in a magic duel and the others wouldn't fare any better.

>Nagash is the only mortal the Chaos Gods ever deigned to consider an actual threat to their end game

No they didn't.

Wrong.

Nope.

>Implying Caledor or Nagash wouldnt fuck them up instantly

Caledor maybe, but Nagash is a punk.

>that's what knife-eared bastards believe

Why? Been ages since I GM'ed so just wanted to ask for an opinion: good, bad, shit, railroading etc.

WHFRP "New world" campaign.
2x Basic (complete) + 1x Advanced (fresh) as opening careers for players.
Elven navigator and elven scout (inb4 fags, first time for them ever to pick elves).
Notable NPC's: Crew (Captain, First Mate, Quartermaster, Cook), Passengers (Priestess of Verena, Nobleling).

>first imperial colony to be made
>chaos fuckery happens and only PC's ship makes it through thanks to PoV
>all wake up on ship crashed into rocky coast, hull be fucked
>huge cliff before them, some old ass wreckage into distance and a random cave
>2 PC + NPC First Mate (+3 sailors) proceed towards wreckage, eventually stopping at cave
>lots of headless skeletons and leftovers of norsefag camp
>pile of skulls in the back of cave
>an onyx wall just behind it, looking as unnatural as it can be
>PC-N "I touch it"
>made the WP check, alright "feels cold and evil and shit"
>NPC First Mate "What's wrong PC?"
>PC-N "You touch it"
>NPC fails WP check, drops like spaghetti
>dumbasses drag Strength 6 Toughness 6 first mate outside and tell sailors to inform ship crew
>NPC-Quartermaster shows up "The fuck happened?"
>PC-N "There's an evil wall"
>npc-q_wut.painting
>decision is made to burn it all down, since chaos fuckery
>onyx wall also lits up with blue flame across previously invisible cracks
>parts of it break down and crumble, revealing pitch black abyss on the other side
>crying can be heard to some of them
>PC-S "Lets just blow this shit up"
>NPC-Q "Sounds about right"
>sends sailors to fetch powder kegs from ship
>NPC-FM wakes up, mumbles something about voices
>then takes a charging start at the wall with 2h hammer
>everyone and their mother fails to stop him from charging
>PC-N "I yell at him to come back to his senses!"
>"Roll Fel -30."
>she makes it, crisis averted
>powder kegs set up on bad roll by NPC-Q
>shit blows up
>hole is even bigger than before
cont.

>sailors made to guards this shit, even got a cannon lowered from the ship
>middle of the night NPC-FM goes into cave and orders to not let anyone in
>PC-S notices and tries to pursue, but stopped by sailors
>not part of original crew (unlike PC-N)
>fucks up Fel roll and has to go back to ship to find someone who can order goons around
>eventually NPC-Captain, NPC-Q and PC's assemble, chosing to venture down there to check for NPC-FM
>first rooms looks like a flooded warehouse, normal stone walls and shit
>one door out
>they step through it into a huge ass cave
>in the distance they can see spikey looking underground fortress
>standing on balcony with bridge connecting the two places
>to the left another set of stairs, but broken off
>rolls to search the place
>"You see a humanoidal looking shadow in front of you."
>PC's "OK. What is casting that shadow GM?"
>"That, you can't see. But, whatever is there is casting shadow based on position of your lights. Otherwise, it remains motionless."
>they nope the fuck out of there
>gang assembles again, with bigger balls and better equipment, decide to go in again
>this time around NPC-Q, NPC-C, NPC-Nobleling, PC's and 5 sailors with slightly better stats
>they made it back, go through the bridge
>big ass sinister looking door
>slightly open by NPC-C
>a long, wide hallway with tons of "shadows" standing around collumns
>old and damaged paintings of delves on walls
>path forward seems clear enough
>they continue, trying not to shit themselves
>eventually get to a fountain with blue crystals
>near the blue light, shadows gain features and become visible
>crowds of slave-looking ethereal humans, staring at them with hollow eyes
>call roll WP
>PC_ohshit.tapestry
cont.

>Be "great" mage
>A barbarian staves in your head with his hammer in open combat

Bonefags in denial.

>PC-S failed, as did two of sailors
>eyes lit up with green light
>get a vision of a banquet hall, with paintings and skeletal guests starting at him
>notices that his body is skeletal as well
>remainding, awake PC and NPCs gather them together
>meanwhile shadows disappear
>npc sailor with lowest roll starts speaking in otherwordly voice
>introduces himself as one that exists outside of a cycle of life and death
>says either they bring him a fresh corpse and cooperate or they are all dead like everyone before them
>they dig deeper with good Fel rolls and get a name - von Carstein
>session 3 ends

Story behind it:
Delven outpost near Lustria made to supply human slaves for delven operations at Grey Rock Point.
Onyx walls surround it to prevent magic scrying and hide from lizardmen.
Slann tectonic fuckery "accidentally" wrecked the place.
Slave revolt happens and everyone dies, either from ass kicking, lack of food or simply being crushed.
Lots of time passes.
Some of more scholarly von Carsteins start to dig into connections between delves and necromancy, cus of Nagash.
Two brothers eventually stumble on information about an outpost, hoping to expand power.
They go in, find out that it wasn't magic controlling slaves here, but simple attuned rod and collars.
One of them got pissy and impaled the other brother with Blood Drinker, immobilizing him.
Lots of time for contemplation happens.
PC's arrive.

IWas thinking about making local Witch still

Like dwarves have any say in this matter.

>Fags from the islands on suicide watch

>IWas thinking about making local Witch still

Fucking auto-post.

I was thinking about having a delven Witch still haunt the place and control some of it (traps n shits), making PC's stuck between two angry undead.

The way I read it, +1 stamina just means you add 1d6 health to your total.