/CYOAG/

Opening with this hellish monster. This CYOA is bad, and you should feel bad you fucking edgelord.

Previous Thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu
canwepleasestoplettingthesefallofftheboardionlyhavemyowncyoassaved edition

i cant read that very well

I can't even read that.

That's why it's so bad. The author is pretty shit about taking advice as well.

Is Quiet I dare say. Our best lore authorfag.

I can read that, and I will, but by God it was a dumb decision.
Hell no.

Page 1 - Sacraments

No, sticking to your own judgement is the right thing to do. It's a shame his judgement is bad.

Somewhere the other goddess sacaren is engaging in small rees.

Why not just use a normal font?

>opoosites

Would recommend people to read this page first.

It helps build character and atmosphere. However, IMO it should only be used to supplement writing, which should bear the brunt of the work -- therefore, the fonts should not distract from the writing. I.e. they shouldn't be illegible.

Obviously because the correct response to the CYOA is to fly into an eternal rage like Kratos/Kharn/Doomguy/Asura and kick this smug bitch in the dick, so making it unpleasant to read puts you in the right mindset to begin with.

Or this page.

Yeesh, that's embarrassing. Fixed.

Hmm, maybe you're onto something.

You said to look at the bottom of Tyr's page for a clue. I found this. So, because that woman is going down a mountain, she's the Princess Tyr's looking for.

She's wearing a suspiciouly similar dress to Lusteria. Also, in that picture, Lusteria isn't riding her Ox. Does that imply that her Ox is fated to die? Also, does this mean that Lusteria = Tyr's Princess and that Tyr has the secret to saving Lusteria's world?

Rina is best girl and no one will convince me otherwise.

Incidentally, what do you think of dual-wielding? I know some people think it looks perpetually stupid, but both Temperance and Excalibur are eternally tempting.

Of course, if I grew two more arms, I bet nobody would complain. Mostly because it's hard to block a guy with four arms from punching you.

Are you gilgamesh?

>Incidentally, what do you think of dual-wielding? I know some people think it looks perpetually stupid, but both Temperance and Excalibur are eternally tempting.

Erm, I'm not a martial arts master or anything, so I don't know exactly how useful dual-wielding is, but after looking over the CYOA, there are a number of powers so vaguely defined that you could use them to seamlessly dual-wield two weapons.

As for using temperance and Excalibur together, I'd say that you should probably not go for it. There are two routes that unlock Excalibur's power. One gives you 50% of its true power, and that one can be unlocked while taking Temperance as a sacrament. Another quest line gives you 100% use of Excalibur but requires a specific sacrament.

>One gives you 50% of its true power
Sorry, there are a number of builds that give 50% use of Excalibur. But, only one that gives 100%, and that 100% path can't be taken with temperance.

Holy shit how many questlines are there?

I'm very sad to hear that. I need my swords, Quiet.

The 100% path is the Comet, isn't it? I mean, it could be others, but above all else, Excalibur is the sword of the King.

Oh geez. I can't read some of this but what little I can makes me fear for my chastity.

I haven't done a calculation of builds, that's insanely hard and long. I just know that taking X-Specific-X-X-Specific-X type of build with two specific items will give 50% excalibur no matter what.

As for how many there are, there are a lot. Each companion has a unique one, neutral, and a bad-end one. All Truths have 3 each where they are needed. All Magics have 2 each. All mentors have 3, with the exception of two that have 4. Sacraments, with the exception of ordinance, have 3 each (Unique-Bad-Neutral) and two have 4 (Unique-Bad-Neutral-Special).

>pic related

My eyes and brain just melted.

>Each companion has a unique one, neutral, and a bad-end one. All Truths have 3 each where they are needed. All Magics have 2 each. All mentors have 3, with the exception of two that have 4. Sacraments, with the exception of ordinance, have 3 each (Unique-Bad-Neutral) and two have 4 (Unique-Bad-Neutral-Special).

I think you're right about quiet m8

>Companion bad end
>Temperance
>Rina
Oh boy.

>Not having special eyes

Since the thread was opened with an abomination, I might as well post the progress on mine.

This is roughly what the first page will consist off, abilities might change order as new ones are added and as I edit stuff. Ignore the 'choose 2' under abilities as it will likely be more by the final version.
The next page will be an other 12 abilities followed by either specialized equipment or the environments/locations where the expedition will go. I'm unsure which should come first.

While I'm here, can someone have better pictures for 'Polyglot' and 'Use Artifact'?
I tried to follow a guideline for the pictures:
-drawn or painted, preferably in pulp magazine style
-visible character

'Polyglot' was either someone talking to some tribesmen (but since pups preferred action scenes I can't find anything suitable) or an explorer reading hieroglyphs (which I can't find either despite seeing plenty such pictures in the past)

With 'Use Artifact' there are plenty of fantasy variants but nothing that would suit late 19th early 20th century.

BAD END

A BAD END IN A FUCKING CYOA? WHAT. PACK UP EVERYONE, WE'RE DONE HERE, WE'RE OFF THE MISTY MOUNTAIN AND INTO THE BLACK.

Well, that is the obvious synergy, and I do love bittersweet endings even more than ruling over people. I just don't know if having Excalibur is worth never seeing it used correctly. On the other hand, if I don't take Temperance, it'll never be used at all, so I do also have a moral obligation to take it.

Out of curiosity did Comet have 3 before the sanity arrow plan made it 4? Or is it still stuck at 3?

Update, Comet still has 4, but might have 5 soon. I forgot about Operation-SanityArrows, but you haven't explained the entire process to me, or how you'd get Laheera and Willhemina to go along with it, or who would cast your illusion and how, etc.

>never be used at all
Unless you open Eon's Gates and let more humans in. Quiet confirmed that would be a quest in the DLC.

And now i will have to choose between oracle and temple quest to see witch quest triggers the ordinance questline.

How to get them to go along with it would be with charisma.

Or figure out a way to seal ourselves and our power, so that we can be force fed the potion once time has passed.

I would agree if anyone would be able to figure that shit out without him specifically saying so

We have to play twenty questions with the dude just to confirm obvious shit

>Sealing a power drunk eternal comet
Sure, i bet it ended well with the eldritch king.

i'd say it's temperance de mort because of the sword in the stone image and the martyr imagery of taking on everyone's pain

Willhemina we honestly haven't been given enough info on for me to have a plan besides "have Laheera bribe her to do so" but for Laheera it seems kinda simple. After all I have a terminal case of Destiny so if I don't find some way to deal with it then I'm pretty much doomed to one day go insane tyrant god. Better to deal with the issue now in a manner where she can euthanize me/freeze me in time and search for another cure if things go wrong. After all the first operation was planned to end when Laheera reached the point where she thought that going any further would be (more) insane.

As for who would cast the illusion I asked a couple threads back if Hoh-Jo had typical illusion magic as part of her divine kitsune package, or failing that if Andrea or Rina could do so.

I'll drop a hint since you go a lot of stuff right. Ordinance has a lot of paths, but the two that would interest you the most are:
>Eon Successor: Build the order from scratch.
>Eon Inheritor: Return the order to former glory.

As for what triggers either, that's up to you.

>charisma
Won't work on either. Sorry mate. BUT! There is a way to get them to go along. Hint, it requires taking Deeja and Mindbreaker. And that's a BIG hint I'm only giving cause you thought of this idea and it's really clever.

anyone have the flesh weaver clinic cyoa?

Oracle it is then, looks like i won't have to change my build afterall.

>Cause you thought of this idea
Damn anons stealing my credit.

i want this now. NOW! I SAY!

My folder is too big, I need to rename shit.

>Andrea
She could. But needs an item to.

>Laheera
I think you're making a fatal error here. If you think that Laheera would so much as let you live once she realized what the nature of your power was, and what a threat you are, you're mistaken. She loves the world more than she loves anything, even you.

My bad nigga, was directed at u.

Deejah has some method of sealing me?

Mindbreaker would work on our mentor figures? Huh.

>Mindbreaker would work on our mentor figures? Huh.
The beauty of vagueness.

>Deejah has some method of sealing me?
No, but he's practically a God of death. Stop thinking in that direction. Think as to how Deeja could help SanityArrows plan.

Thank you.

>no magic/psychic class

I'm sad

what about fusion with excalibur?

Is there any way to get more muddler for eternal comet? and is there a limit to the power we can gain from it?

ooh I love adventuring CYOAs there was a treasure hunting one a while back but it was a one pager so not much meat was on the bones .

The 100% Excalibur path would not allow you to take the mirror. You can take the 50% path, and you and your other can fuse and get a weapon that goes up to 99% of Excalibur strength. Even though it's not Fusion's normal power up, which is x^4, no path other than 100% Excalibur would allow you to wield Excalibur at its fullest.

Both you and your other will wield two halves of the same Excalibur, which, when you're fused, will give an Excalibur with up to 99% strength.

There is, some user figured out a primary ingredient a few threads back.

>Sacrament
Starlight Chasis

>Mentor
Pirate King Bones

Still debating my boy Floop. I love poison almost as much as I love pirates. Deeja is cool too.

>Weapons
Eon's Bow (84)

>Spells
Mindbreaker (57)
Kinetomancy (39)
Skinchanger (16)

Might drop skinchanger for a companion or Ordinance one day. But it is not this day.

>Companion
Jyakaras (1)

Let's try to avoid that bad end. I'd hate to have to put my big-tittied demon babe down.

>Quest
Search & Destroy: The Scroll of Thu'um

If it was anything else, I'd want to keep the power. But who gives a shit about dragon shouts.

Once Quiet writes the guide book, I'm sure I'll change my build. Until then, I'm going to pretend there aren't 39 quest lines each with bad ends.

>She loves the world more than she loves anything, even you.
Worst waifu, 0/10 would not be Mind of Steel husbando'd again. Is the item Andrea needs related to the infinity gate in her description?

I'm guessing that using Mindbreaker and Deeja has something to do with convincing her that a sane Comet would help stop the 2nd Doom?

looks cool

Yes, but you have to kill a god and ritually distill it from the corpse.

No, but you'll completely to degenerate mentally.

Incidentally, take Scrolls, Temperance, Skinchanger, and Lotus Flame. Be the dragon you always wanted to be.

>Worst waifu 0/10
I dunno user, she seems like a nice girl.

Are those just rice Krispies with a raspberry?

There will be a few skills that touch on the occult (use artifact is arguably one of them), but I'm deliberately keeping it low key (though not completely absent) since I want to focus on the explorer/adventurer archetypes.

I will likely do a more mystic expansion after I finish but even then I'll keep it around somewhere between Howard & Lovecraft levels.

That's some gross shit

Rice pudding.

Rice pudding is more like icecream.

You're thinking Highlander.

>something to do with convincing her
I don't think it's possible to convince her to go get with this plan. Too risky, and unnecessary. The Doom was an age ago, and right now, her priority is the billions of sentients under her rule, not some far-flung natural disaster that she can't really do much about. Besides, convincing her isn't why you need Deeja anyway. But, you're right that you need Deeja in order to get Laheera to power the illusion, but I doubt it'd be done willingly.

How is Traveller going

That's not Italics.

>tfw too intellectual for the scientific community

Slow and obstreperous. But there is progress so that's nice.

Could Deeja provide the illusion? I mean from the sounds of it the plan would be "Gently mindrape her so that she thought it was a good idea." So if Deeja could provide the illusion then all that remains would be getting Laheera to bribe Willhemina into helping/Deeja convincing her. Also I can't help but feel like Laheera would eventually notice, at which point the race to reach Al-Asir and find out how to make Muddler becomes a do or die mission.

>Could Deeja provide the illusion?
Nope.

>Gently mindrape her
Unlike some of the others, Laheera can't be mentally messed with. Simply too many sentients inside her. You can control an army, sure, but she's billions of planets.

>bribe Willhemina
Wouldn't take a bribe.

>Excalibur has a forestlike background
>Only backgrounds like that belong to lusteria and deliah
>Unlikely for a little girl to deal with swords maybe the dragon?
>Lusteria has a bear so that is discarded
>Maybe the grasslands?
>Requires a sacrament that is not mirror or temperance and maybe could be comet
THE TRUTH ELUDES ME BUT NOT FOR LONG!

>how to make Muddler becomes a do or die mission.
Bro, you're thinking in the wrong direction. Forget about HOW to make it nigga, how tf would you get the materials? You gotta slay Uzra or the Yellow Samurai, some of the hardest quests in the game, and after THAT you's gonna go for Al-Asir? Nuh-uh, that's insanely hard, Quiet wouldn't expect us to do that. Gotta be another way.

There is literally nothing material or any deed that Willhemina wants that could be given in exchange? Guess that fits with the Zen Archer schtick.

>dragon
KING ARTHURS LAST NAME WAS PENDRAGON

HE WAS BORN WITH THE, and I'm quoting here, "blood of a dragon".

Mindbreaker on her duh. That'd work, right? I mean, she's just one spirit, not like Laheera or Deeja or something.

WE ARE GETTING CLOSER user

>Mindbreaker on her duh.
Wait, I just read the description. In order to make her do really complex shit like that, I think you'd have to full-on mind-rape her. Like with the extremely painful interrogation technique mentioned in the description.

Just looked into it a bit more. Quiet likes Nasu-Shit, and I just remembered that Saber, King Arthur from Fate, has "dragon magic circuits" whatever tf those are.

>Slay Uzra or the Yellow Samurai
What? That's a prerequisite for finding Al-Asir?

No, dead Eldritch body parts are needed to make muddler. Quiet confirmed this a thread or two ago. That's why it called the Eldritch God's muddler. Also, that's apparently just the main ingredient, the recipe and other ingredients we don't know.

Second.

Would Floop's graduation mushroom render me unable to enter the Temple of Al-Asir, as well as rendering the Path of Eos moot? You'd be sacrificing your humanity in much the same way Bones did.

Speaking of which, I know Bones would be the best ally in the Thu'Um quest, but could he offer any insight as to the Temple of Al-Asir?

Saber has a magic core, like a phantasmal beast or bad Harry Potter fanfiction, rather than the the typical magic circuits possessed by humans, because of her dragon nature. Cores are similar to circuits, but much more efficient, easier to use, and vastly more powerful.

You're such a goddamn attention whore.

The ancient dragon kingdom that is the key! Whatever there is in those could lead to the excalibur awakening

Atta boi

I legit just posted my cyoa

Floop's graduation gift doesn't need to be eaten btw. Yes, it does render the Path on Eon moot, BUT, it has a lot of other uses. You () may want to look into that btw. The description has an interesting comment there.

>insight as to the Temple of Al-Asir
Bones' hasn't been there in a long time. Besides, the Doom took his memory of the temple away.

>looks up the myth
>looks at Lusteria's name
>looks at Lusteria's description

She's fucking the ox, guys.