"Tg creates a horror setting: Fog world" Played

I actually used some parts of it and dmĀ“ed it yesterday. I would like to share some noteworthy addition after playtesting it and want input for more encounters.
source: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/54903035/

>The group started out with a quest to aid the mysterious but helpful weather station wich broadcast a need for help for fog related research
>the outpost they arrived is empty except for 2 traders wich arrived a day ago
>The traders state that the inhabitants probably gotten abducted by something.
>the abducters cleaned the place and replaced the broken door and windows
>also they plastered over 30~ bullet holes in the wall

Well, Howdy! I'm the guy who made the original thread, and premise. Glad to see that you went out to do stuff with it.

Thanks for your idea, I turned down the fantasy aspect and went higher with sci-fi stuff.
I will dump more encounters from the 6 hour session.

>The group find an used up warehouse with 2 cargo container wich are filled with sleeping bags and canned food
>One old Soldier who lost his group is already camping there and invites the players to sit at his campfire
>He has no proof why but he knows that somebody refills the canned goodies and cleans the place
>Also there is an post-it on the wall with a message wich reminds the travelers to not take more then they need(sticked IRL on a wall)
>The (armed) soldier uses the other container for sleeping
>He gets abducted by pic related
>these guys run the place and use it as a trap for tired travellers
>Statwise they pretty low, but they some sort of floodlight ability wich stuns/confuses there prey

>I turned down the fantasy aspect and went higher with sci-fi stuff.
Eh, don't really mind. The fact that you even did this was great enough.

It was more out of a necessary because i know my player well enough that they just think "ugh its magic" if something happens wich is at first unexplained.

>The first encounter with a demon is a unresponsive one wich lays on a bridge
>He is something between sleeping, wounded or dead
>the Thralls otherwise are alive and angry, but chained to the demon
>The players decide to torch the demon with an molotov cocktail
>They get angry enough to cut there lifeline to it and charge the group, forcing them to retreat back where they came from
>The fog is not only extremly dense around the demon, but also distorting enough that the slowest player loses the group

>The lost player runs directly into the arms of the 2 poltergeister they sat out earlier

>The players decide to torch the demon with an molotov cocktail
Fools, the lot of them. Do they know not how the Fog reacts to flame?

Thats the only reason they got zippo lighters and Medical grad alcohol, so they can find out.
After that they got chased with various sucess by thralls and poltergeister until the end of the session.

>A while after the group started to get paranoid about everything they find a manned gas station with an bored young store clerk listening to music and reading a book
>the group is confused as fuck, decides this is another trap(it wasnt kinda)
>The clerk doesnt really wanna chat, just asking them to leave if they dont wanna buy something
>After they see that he has a thrall cable going out of his jeans into the floor they kill him and leaving without asking questions or looting something

>the car wich is parked in front of the store(some old red renault) is not worth the risk of being a robotic mimic, so they leave it be
>It was a normal car, every player even got +1 on his driving skill on chargen

>>After they see that he has a thrall cable going out of his jeans into the floor they kill him and leaving without asking questions or looting something
I wonder what would have happened had they fallen for the ruse.

>The lake with its beautiful cabin on the water is stuffed with thralls wich are sitting on the master demons in the water
>the cabin on the lake has only one catwalk over the water as entrance

>The Thralls are watching intensly the group while they pass by and decide to not camp in the cabin but rather sleep at the foot of the mountain, near the treeline.
>of course the guard post spots a group of dozens poltergeists with the glowing eye searching for them

The actual trap would have been that the refilling gas lane is a thrall cable wich tries to latch on the user if he tries to refill the (real) car. Otherwise it was just balanced to refill the groups supplies.

>The player encounters a manned roadblock by pic related
>It is set up after IRL guidelines for this
>The Robots seem to be allied with the Weather station in the mountain
>they perilous question the group why and where they traveling while holding them at gunpoint
>After nobody loses his nerves and calmy explains anything they let them pass after radio the station

>The actual trap would have been that the refilling gas lane is a thrall cable wich tries to latch on the user if he tries to refill the (real) car. Otherwise it was just balanced to refill the groups supplies.
Huh. Doesn't sound too bad unless you don't know to look for the signs of the Cables.

it wasnt, it was actually planned as kafkaesque relief.

Plans for the next session:
>The group get lost into swamp, wich is barren from demons
>somewhere in the swamp is a small village wich lives relativly peaceful but is still heavy armed

>They gonna try to sacrifice the group to one humongous demon with hundreds of thralls who keeps the village safe from other demons and the fog as long he gets his meat

Last post for now.

>There is an radical group of dozens wich decided to take back the land
>They systematic hunt for lower demons and enslaved villages like in post before
>they are actually high powered thralls by some demon who is not on friendly terms with his peers

I'll keep the thread bumped a bit. Hopefully some others come to contribute stuff, or even just ask questions.

Yeah, I have a question. The fuck is this setting, and how much can I steal from it?

>The fuck is this setting
Ya want the long version, or the short and sweet version? Because the long one might take multiple posts/threads.

Short I suppose? I mean, I can get parts of it from context. Some sort of technomagic apocalypse, robots alongside spoops. Massive mechanical Demons who are cabled to a horde of thralls (Demons feed on their blood or something maybe?) and there's some sort of mysterious mist everywhere. The few humans in this world are on the edge of insanity, these poltergeist things stalk from the shadows, etc, etc.

You got the basic gist of it. Here's a little more if your interested.
>To Recap:
>A vile Fog has covered the world.
>Biomechanical horrors known as "Demons" roam the ruins of the land within the Fog.
>The few areas free of the Fog are know as Safe-Zones
>Explorers regularly venture out past the Fog, into the Lost World in search of relics of the past.
>There are mountain folk who are mostly safe, for now.

>hooded figures in the fog give out really cool cursed weapons
>gray wolf raiders use the fog to ritually kill people
>safe zones are built around shining gems that fade and brighten in predictable patterns

sample pic of a hooded figure but anyone who is wearing a deep hood and wielding/wearing technology is fine

The Thing

Sounds Silent Hill as Fark

Exmortis did it better
But I am curiously reminded of Hellgate London

>But I am curiously reminded of Hellgate London
I may or may not have taken inspiration from that game. Especially in regards
to the Named Demons.

Easy horror 101:
Limited resources:
The group has a limited amount of effective resources to fight with. Maybe only silver hurts the monsters in this forest and they only have 2 silver arrows and broken silver sword that could go at any moment. (or a prison break and they have to scrounge for weapons that are constantly breaking/depleting on them).
Or HP could be the resource, knock your party down to >10%hp instantly (banshee wail, or some other thing) and put enemies on their backs so they can't take a long or short rest. Now every hit counts. Every attack roll, every stealth check could be their last if they mess it up.

OR

2. Unreliable Narrator
One person in the party is hit with a poison. They start seeing things. Some of them aren't there, some of them are. The party is forced to rely on the advice of someone who may or may not be losing their mind. (this works really well if your party is into RP),

OR
Enemy within
Have your party fight a ghost at the end of one session. End the session as the ghost is "killed". The ghost isn't killed. Talk to one party member outside of the session. They are now possessed and actively trying to sabotage the party. This works really well if the "possessed" player is able to put suspicion instead on the first person who suspects something is up.