Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

More "surveys" no one cares about edition.

Post yourself for army guessing sub-edition

Citadel Paints
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/21/coming-soon-the-citadel-paint-system-in-your-pocket/
>Death Guard preview
imgur.com/a/90wRO

>Konor Campaign, Imperium in the lead, fighting back against the #RiggedSystem
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Be excellent, aces

Other urls found in this thread:

war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2359
strawpoll.me/13811069
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thread claimed for the 4th sphere

>Meme of the day

>random paints app link I added to OP still being copy pasted

Haha

Math chamber is always akward for games, iirc it's fulgurites that comparatively win every fight ever point for point, but in game that's obviously not dominating

Mathhammer is nice for "is (x) attacking (y) generally useful", but power, general value, and usefulness requires a more in depth look

>Ynarri kill the Admech..... I don't even know

It turns out the Omnissiah was Slaanesh.

Once more, post games, show off models, show your dudes, etc

God, I love old memes.
I hope this one joins the ranks of the eternal Veeky Forums memes

Sisters are cute

Any suggestions for a 1500 point Necron list?

>Emperor's Children won't be getting their own codex
>Daemons are shit and there aren't a lot of ways to make them better without making them overpowered
fuck
well at least Emperor's Children are still good and fun, and I guess I can summon my Daemonettes if I want.

Working on some good wholesome Mandrakes.

>flashlights
lel

Few things. Death Guard codex art is just balls. Two big art pieces have been posted from the Codex and they're really good, no idea why GW didn't go with either of them.

Second... I'm considering getting the Limited Edition Codex... partly because it will likely have new art on the front but also because this is my first army and I really love DG so far.

Thoughts and experiences with limited edition codexes? From 8th?

They will.

repostin
>I don't think Girlyman is better than Magnus on the table either unless something changed.
You're joking, right? Guillman is much much better than magnus, and I say that as someone who plays UM and TS. Magnus is good, don't get me wrong, but Guillman has a better buffbubble, can't be targeted by most shooting, arguably better melee, has a better invul, better armor save, better warlord trait, gives free command points and he's cheaper than magnus.

Okay.

God that art is shit.
At least post something that helps support your point.

Looking good.

BIGGER THAN BIG
TALLER THAN TALL

KA-STEL-AN

nah only 1k sons and Death guard this edition

They'll get it eventually, just like TS and DG. Not anytime soon though. Late 2018 or early 2019 maybe, hence being thrown into CSM

>go to GW store to pick up first army ever
>settle on Chaos Daemons because no one in my friend group plays Chaos anything, and Chaos Daemons seems pretty rare from what I've seen on Veeky Forums
>purchase SC! Nurgle and paints/tools etc.
>when I finish paying ask "is Nurgle pretty popular around here?"
>"Definitely! We have tons of Nurgle players, x person around the corner is playing them right now and I have 2 regulars that come in and play them!"
>dude painting behind me says "I've got AoS Nurgle and a buddy of mine does too"

What's the cool kid race that no one plays Veeky Forums (other than Necron)

What's the cool kid daemon at least, I assumed Slaanesh but the owner of my GW store's favorite is Slaanesh

Thank ya much! Been hunting the elusive DE elites lately. Anyone else's dreams pending on an e-mail from GW?

Nope. EC and WE too.

Next year.

>Two big art pieces have been posted from the Codex
Such as?

That's the opposite of cute.

They're going with "dude from the faction" on all the covers rather than battle scenes.

You been asleep nigger?

This one has Typhus and pals having a cultural exchange with some Tau.

I know it sucks but you need to stop lying to yourself

4+ vs 3+ to wound and matching AP... Oh god tau technological supremacy is real, I guess.

Slaanesh, by a huge margin.

Nurgle is for fat neckbeards
Tzeentch is for autists
Khorne is for edgelords
Slaanesh is for trannies

Which description fits you best?

Second is Mortarion and pal's vs some Ultramarines.

Where's the Death Guard and AdMech articles? Warhammer Community hasn't posted nothing yet but I see Veeky Forums talking about new DG models, and 1d4chan says the release date for both codexes is the 28th.

So what was the meme with this thing?

WD leaks.

war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2359

1d4chan is retarded.

All the new info is from the WD leak which is in the OP.

Codex for DG comes out 16th of September.

>Thoughts and experiences with limited edition codexes? From 8th?
A massive waste of money.
A week after you get it, they'll change a number of interactions and point values, making it kinda useless as time goes on

If you just want to spend more money for different cover art, go for it

His arms are on now but I forgot to take another picture.

I do think all 4 cult legions should have gotten codices. So I hope so.
I really hope you're right, I want sonic helbrute, palatine blades, and phoenix guard terminators, that'd be such a cool release.
I honestly hope you're right but there's been no indication they will so far.
I am gonna be biased and recommend Slaanesh.
>Slaanesh is for trannies
This meme is lame, just because the ONE SoB to fall fell to Slaanesh doesn't mean everything Slaanesh is tranny

Lurk more.

why do you care what others have, it will be different in every store and most people have more than one army anyway.

P.S. Playin nurgle might well mean CSM/Warriors of nurgle not daemons but most people i know mix

Fulgurites are REALLY good at looking at big smashy melee monstrosities like Primarchs, Bignids, Dreadnoughts and pretty much any other single model, or small unit like Ogryns, since they'll just surround it and unleash 12.22 Mortal Wounds plus whatever the regular damage would do.
Against actual CC units they're pretty bad, since the good ones this edition like KBs and Stealers have loads of attacks or multiple fight phases and will generally completely blend them if they get the charge off. Goes very rocket tag, and since the Electros have worse saves against small arms and are slower they usually lose.

Hoping in the codex they get some handy stratagem and are generally not massively nerfed like the Kastys are probably going to. The one stratagem we've seen so far is pretty bad though, 2CP just to change a Canticle mid-turn? If it let you pick an already used one it would be good, but we don't have enough CP to be using them on that kind of stuff.

Back before 8th was officially released, people were making jokes about what units might become OP with the new edition. Some pasta about Nobz in a Naut got stuck (both were very suboptimal units in 7th, in a codex that was widely regarded as one of the worst of 7th)

Q'Orl army when? They're more relevant than the tau

7th is over. No amount of lurking will help him now.

>This meme is lame, just because the ONE SoB to fall fell to Slaanesh doesn't mean everything Slaanesh is tranny
since when are sob trannies?

user, Nobz in a Naut was something GW tried to push as a fantastic combination. It was shit.

That's funny. So there was the joke. Veeky Forums acted like it was the most broken thing in the game from time to time.

Loks great, dude...[where's that howling griffons helmet you were gonna paint for his hand, I see the one on the pipe, but...]

I was expecting some idiot posting this.
This piece is just slightly better than the usual deviantart-tier crap, Mr. Shittastes.
You have literally no tools to understand what makes art good and no way to distinguish this badly composed "let's show the products" stuff from the old inspired and inspiring stuff of Kopinski, England, Blanche, Bonner, Gallagher, Gibbons, Goodwin, Miller, Smith.
Fucking kill yourself, you and all the morons that consider good such uninspired bland crap. You are the reason w cannot have nice things, GW can cut corners selling crap to you and people like you, unable to tell the good stuff from the bad.
You mass of ignorant sheep eat up any crap these fucking assholes shit out, being it deviantart-tier art, capeshit cinema and whatnot.
Kill yourself.

Sorry. Here you go.

I think diversity is fun. I plan on playing at the store and it's easier to get games if you play an army no one else plays

>P.S. Playin nurgle might well mean...
Yeah, this is definitely true, the girl that was playing Nurgle was playing 90% DG units with like, some Beasts of Nurgle or something. Strictly Chaos Daemons is probably a lot less common.

Guillman has a 3++, why are you even talking about magnus vs guillman without knowing basic facts?'and while you may not take magnus for the buffbubble, Guillman's buffbubble alone is better than anything magnus can do. And all that still ignores guillman's ability to get back up after dying.
Magnus is a very good melee and a god tier psyker, but he is not better than guillman.

>55110504

Oh you want this?

You want this (you).

Talk to the judge.

Should I go 1k sons, admech or tau? I wouldn't be using Magnus if I went with the sons.

Magnus can cast death hex which will just fucking cuck Guilliman so hard. He'd die to pretty much 2 meltas after that, if Magnus doesn't kill him himself.

Do you have some kind of creepy fetish, user?

Will chaos chosen ever get a multi-part kit?

Also why does GW give chaos options like combo-plasma guns but never gives a kit for them; instead requiring kit bashing?

I'd go Admech.

Tau are quite boring and Thousand Sons only really have cheese lists atm.

>55110504
>being this much of a faggot

>typhus and the other characters WD pricing segments haven't been posted

Pls

Still ugly, no more user.

when can we expect the new boxes and the anniversary SM to drop? I need my new Hellblasters

It's painted up, in his hand. I had all the arms separate and spent a while painting the helmet, damage, highlighting, gems... then when I glued the arm on you can't see any of it... welp.

When I post the final picture later this week with the arms on you'll sort of see it!

Eh, he's not entirely wrong. I like the art piece well enough, but one of the things I hate about the new art- and I think chaos and Admech get the worst of it as they're supposed to be some of the most varied- is how it's repackaged models.

I'm totally fine with models inspiring art (obviously), but straight ripping it without changing anything is kinda dumb, and usually looks cheap. But Blanche is my favorite artist followed by Jes, so I may be stuck in the "old and outdated" state of mind

That's because they're coming out in October.

Because GW only loves the Imperium, specifically Space Marines, more specifically Pramaris atm, more exclusively not-BA and DA

>putting in so much effort nobody will ever notice and commend him for
You're a good man, user. This hobby could use more people like you. I look forward to seeing the completed model.

Really fires those neurons eh user?

strawpoll.me/13811069

Survey for you guys.

user, you just miss the tools to understand what make things good. Dunno if the class and education, you origin and culture, or you level of intelligence, or the environment you grew into in addition to what I already listed.
Is a blessing, in a certain way. I KINDA envy you, sometimes.

>Implying you'll get the opportunity to shoot at guillman
nigger what?
and if we want to bring other things using guillman or magnus' ability to shoot at one into the equation, then Guillman plus quad las killshot skullfucks magnus to death it's not even funny.
like I said, I play both UM and TS, so I've been on both sides of the equation. Guillman is a better unit.

But the WD pictures say september 16th

>An athletic, strong willed woman who has fought and suffered unspeakable horrors for her emperor and mankind's safety.
>Being unattracted to her because of her scars from such epic battles.
>Not wanting to cuddle with her as she enjoys the well deserved respite from war and bloodshed to be with you.

Your petty and you know it user.

Hi Veeky Forums, got a rules question.

So, a detachment only has to share a single keyword (like Imperium).

Does that mean I can take an Ultramarines Tactical Squad with Salamanders Heavy Bolter and Blood Angels Assault Marines in a single Detachment?

If so, aren't Chapter Tactics ridiculously OP if you can just take whatever you want with whichever buff?

Why are GW cucking the DG like this

don't mind me, just wanted to pass you the (You) that and didn't

You can't hide from a charge, faggot.

Okay, trying again!

I have some bad news, /40kg/. GW has just informed you that your favorite faction is gonna get eliminated -- and by your least favorite faction, no less. However, there is one bright spot: you get to write exactly how and why it goes down. How would you go about making the ultimate last dance for your faction of choice?

Pic probably related.

Thanks man, that succulent price will make me buy one of each.

Source.

Why? Its more efficient to buy the 10 man boxes.

>So, a detachment only has to share a single keyword (like Imperium).
correct
>Does that mean I can take an Ultramarines Tactical Squad with Salamanders Heavy Bolter and Blood Angels Assault Marines in a single Detachment?
I suppose
>If so, aren't Chapter Tactics ridiculously OP if you can just take whatever you want with whichever buff?
HOLD IT!
You only gain chapter tactics if your detachment is all from the same chapter. if even a single unit isn't, then you gain no such benefits.

>yiffs kill tsons
>by falling to khorne and going 100% werewolf

If you look at something from Smith, you feel way more life breathing from the subject. Kopinsky will show you the universe and the setting like in a well placed picture, while England or Blanche, albeit stylised (some argue excessively) will inspire about the tone.
The current crap? Model/Character X doing Y.
Wow.
Tell me, how much inspiration from conversions can one have from the current art? Current art is a short circuit with the models. It never goes beyond what is sold, because is, for the current GW policy, too dangerous.
Think about it for a minute.

Thanks user. But I think the shittasters just cannot mentally get it.

Malal.

>Ynnari and Eldar
>Chaos Renegades and Traitor guard
>Tau and Enclaves
>No Sororitas
Ya fucked up.

Nigger, I have no idea what sort of Nostalgia glasses you're peering through but art has always been inconsistent and weird.

I don't get why you're so offended at them having art focus on models we get. I think that's cool.

I'm not gonna tell you tell you to kill yourself, but he'srightyouknow.jpg

The new art specifically shows dudes from the boxes, and is very uninspired and dull. A lot of the older stuff was brimming with character and inspiration for conversions and did a fantastic job world building.

The older art was the reason 40k evolved as a setting and people made conversions and sculpted, to better attain their vision. There's a reason I've never wanted to convert a warmachine model.

Unfortunately GW has lost their way a bit with trying to "advance a story" driven by herohammer. They had an infinitely large playground to create campaigns and battlefields in and they decided to advance a ludicrous story line driven almost completely by asspulls, and artwork that shows nothing but adjective nounverber *tm firing ineffectually at each other at point blank range.

Are familiars worth taking for a GSC magus? Running only a 500/600 point list btw

Alright, thank you kindly. Good to know how chapter tactics work.

I play IG and want to buff a few units with Harker as he rerolls 1s to hit, I also play Pask, which is Cadian.

So, logically, I can let Harker buff every single unit besides Pask as he's locked into Cadian and I can just play everything else as Catachan?

No

He's right though

As I said, you are just too limited. Read this:
After that, just fuck off. Is a wast of time talking with you.