To the Elves

We have observed your city and we are impressed with your craftsmanship and artistic skill. However we must question your decision to limit your technological capacity to pre-industrial means. Given your civilization's lifespan it should have developed an understanding of physics, mass production of complex machinery, information technology and spaceflight. To not look into said fields seems to us most illogical.

Other urls found in this thread:

farm4.staticflickr.com/3775/12605367643_3434d5e70b_b.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=xO1TScQwu6g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did you losers not notice the magic?

This.

>can travel between dimensions
>bring the dead back to life
>unravel the true mysteries beyond time and space

Step it up. And your haircut is dumb.

They possess some utility and as demonstrated as a considerable asset to a Pre-Industrial civilization, but regardless your civilization has remained at pre-industrial levels for thousands of years longer than normal. Your civilization can not perform such simple feats as reaching low orbit or building a 10,000 tonne steel ship.

>can travel between dimensions
Only one in a million can, your average citizen can not and lives in filth.
>bring the dead back to life
Again, as above and even then, not considered common among those that can do it.
>unravel the true mysteries beyond time and space
Yet you do not.
>And your haircut is dumb.
My haircut is logical.

>>can travel between dimensions
Why would we want to do that when humans are going to do it anyway and share what they learn ?
>>bring the dead back to life
Vulcans can do that.
>>unravel the true mysteries beyond time and space
The scientific method really helps with this.

Elf starships don't use warp drives for faster-than-light travel, you probably just didn't detect them. From their home base of Lionheart, Imperial Elven vessels patrol hundreds of worlds in Known Space and suppress piracy, marauders, and monsters; put down dangerous threats to trade; and render aid to castaways.

I believe the Vulcan Confederacy at its height controlled maybe six star systems at most? And exerted influence over maybe a few dozen?

At your discretion, we may be amicable to an exchange of technology and potentially making the Vulcan Confederacy a protectorate state.

Other Imperial Elven ships (not to scale). The Warbird in particular, despite its small side, is considered to be a highlight of elven design.

Tell us more about your out of print and irrelevant fantasy game

It might be out of date and irrelevant, but it's never been de-canonized, contradicted, or implied to have had anything bad happen to it. The Imperial Elven Navy is still a thing, with ambassadors to Abeir-Toril, Krynn, the Oerth, and beyond.

The point being that the Vulcan in OP is making the classic mistake of assuming that because something looks primitive, it is primitive. This is a fallacy: appearance has nothing to do with level of advancement. Using their own universe, the NX-class looks more advanced than the Constitution-class, but in fact a single Constitution-class could destroy NX's all day long without taking any significant damage itself.

In this case, the elves have an interstellar armada and a loose confederation of states across Wildspace. They're less advanced than Vulcans in some areas, but notably more advanced in others.

Oh, also, as an addendum, OP is just mad because he wanted to make a troll thread but picked a bad topic starter because he forgot about Spelljammer, which ruins OP's entire premise.

What part of
>Industrialization is evil
don't you fucking greenbloods understand?

What game was that from?

I take someone actually putting some effort into his posts and talking about a setting for this shitty bait thread.

Spelljammer, the first D&D metasetting whichnis D&D in SPAAAAAAAAACE!

The Star Trek image? It's from the Star Trek: Enterprise episode "In a Mirror, Darkly" part 2.

The stuff about the Imperial Elven Navy is from Spelljammer.

>hundreds of worlds in Known Space

[citation needed]

OP and Spelljammer fag are the same poster, he just wanted attention and back pats for pretending to be clever.

>What are spelljammers

Well I'd just love to build a space ship and spend day, weeks, months or even years stuck in a pressurized metal container gradually developing cabin fever and learning to hate recycled air but I've got better things to do.

Now if you'll excuse me I've just received a telepathic communication commissioning me to design and build an aqueduct on planet twelve light years away and this space folding ritual isn't going perform itself.

farm4.staticflickr.com/3775/12605367643_3434d5e70b_b.jpg
Each of those is a sphere with anywhere from 1-5 named and discussed worlds inside.

>using a fanon map

This shit has Eberron and Rokugan in it for fuck's sake. They were in 3.X, sure, but never 2e.

The pollution from industrialization was a bit of a problem, until we moved all our manufacturing off world.

Have you ever tried to come up with a revolutionary theory when academical council is populated with people that invented the current one thousand years ago?

>that fatass semi neckbeard elf
I'm still perturbed by this image

We elves can see the future. We have looked into yours.

We will remain rulers of our own lands for as far as we can see. You will surrender your sovereignty to humans within a few centuries at most.

Our heroes will remain pure elves. Your most notable 'Vulcan' will be a half-breed.

We keep the good lands for ourselves. The only lands humans will let you call your own are deserts.

We fail to see what is so good about your path.

>pointless racism
>cringeworthy prose on the level of what you'd get in r/HFY

Can you not try to speak for the elves please?

you dont just one day decide you need an industrial revolution

first you need a large demand for the outputs you would be producing, elves are a relatively small and self sufficient race so they wont be producing it for themselves, and they are not usually going to be investing in huge merchant fleets, so they arent going to be selling

you also need banks, and elves arent very mercantilist, so they arent going to have the necessary banking system in place

there also has to be tons of fuel and metal and other inputs, and elves arent miners so they would need to import all their ore and coal in such huge quantities, and they certainly cant pay for it up front since you need coal and iron in the first place

as for the steam engine, elves dont usually need to produce industrial quantities of metal for their swords and spears, they are content making just enough to fill their order, so there isnt any need to mass produce goods, since the small quantity they produce is good enough

unless your elves were the go-getter kind of people, with a growing population, tons of capital, a large need to produce or sell huge volumes of goods, and a sudden disregard for nature and the desire to be overlords of nature instead of its shepard, elves are not going to industrial just because they live longer

heck, for all you know, since they have 1000 years to fulfill their orders, they wont be in any rush to speed up their production

Did you look into your future and figure out why elves are always the "dying out" race with a long dead glorious empire that's turned to dust and forgotten by all?

youtube.com/watch?v=xO1TScQwu6g

Are we seriously doing this again. Star Trek tech levels are crazy high. Matter antimatter energy, warp bombs, A.I., transporters, replicators, you name it. Let's not forget creating planetary paradises. Many of the tech the Feds had were of Vulcan origins. Only the freelove hippie Roddenberry didn't want to use these techs to their horrible logical conclusion.

We do not see the application of mechanical energy towards economic ends as being inherently virtuous or malign.