Obnoxiously Loud (But Good) Paint Jobs

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/369038.page
thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/22401/tyranid-painter-v2
newgrounds.com/projects/games/1130354/preview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fruit by the foot

I'd really like tyranid or chaos looking stuff painted like this if you have it.

lulz too true

tzeentch moonman?

I've always found these neat.

sure? I just was googling around.

huh, I've never seen that before. is there a name for that style?

I think its called "cel-shading" or at least in vidya graphics it is.

Might not conventionally good, but as i remember, they were painted by a three year old.

Almost as terrifying as a real hornet

needs goblin green bases to complete the second ed aesthetic

Cool but looks like its from a time before the thin paints meme

This is kind of relevant, and I can't find the Wip thread

Could I get any thoughts on my genestealer dude before I continue on with the rest of them

I'm not sure if the colours work or how I could improve him

Not sure if obnoxious enough.

colours are ncie and green and purple work well together, but i would make the green a stronger darker green like caliban green. All colours beign pastel(the green isn't really but highlighting it to white makes it look pastel at first glance) doesn't really work to me, better to have pastel and dark colours together.(or normal colours if you want). Also the skin needs more highllighting and shading and you could use better blending on the green highlights, but i imagine you would if you copuld, no point in telling.

All in all not too bad though, now et out this pastel piece of shit shouldn't ruin best thread.

>offwhite
not nearly
even if those paints were one meter thick you wouldn't be able to tell from the pic.

whose the painter?

The funny thing is, because of my particular kind of colorblindness, that paint-scheme is actually rather understated and subtle, despite the fact that it being in this thread means it must be at-least a little over the top.

I'm pretty sure the pic I included is how it looks to me, because I put it through a color-blindness image converter, and I can hardly tell the difference between the two images (I can tell a LITTLE difference, but just barely so I think the converter is calibrated to be just the slightest tid more severe than mine.)

What is the secret to lovely bright paintjobs like this. When Necromunda comes, I want my Escher girls to be a riot of colour!

Honestly I kind of like that.

Give the UUUUs a bit of heraldry, some checks and flames like the good ol'd tactical and I'd say they look great

I think it's actually quite unusual, user. I quite like your choice of colors as is; it's a rather strange balance of a subtle but not color combination. I think all you really need to concern yourself with is blending the spine/quills a tad bit more to keep that weird soft look.

I wonder if this is what it feels like to be the prey of a Cuttlefish.

Posts as Nard on dakkadakka

This. Can't have that colour scheme without green bases.

The bad moon has been a thing in warhammer for a long time, crossing between orcs and chaos from when they weren't as separate.

Why is it Tzeentch gets all the paintjobs like this, but slaanesh is always shown as dull pink? Isn't slaanesh supposed to be hedonism and art? Shouldn't it be extreme eye raping colors?

I mean, this is an abomination.

But I really fucking respect it.

Looks cell shaded.

where is /ourgirl/s' Daemon Prince and Tzeentch Daemons?

This is the ideal paint job, you may not like it, but this what peak performance looks like.

It's not that brigh. the spines and claws to people who are not colorblind are complementary. But everything is muted enough that it's not eye gouging

Ork lives don't matter.

Thanks, doc.

slaanesh is about art and shit, his daemons are about allure and seduction. Pastel pink perfect for that.
yeah what was savage orc's name?

>desaturated green highlights
come on man not this abomination here, green highlights to yellow

HOW ????

Man I fucking love this dudes nid.

I love how rediculous this one is. Between the paint job and the conversion. Its pretty obnoxious, if your oponent bought this to a game you'd be so impressed but you'd throw rocks at it afterwards.

Is that an Imperial Knight riding a Carnosaur?
I never new I needed this until now.

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/369038.page

Was fucking around in an online painter and made this

Not sure id turn either of these into a model but it's an interesting concept

I'm gonna need a link to that painter, user.

Paints need to be thinned but I actually like this one

thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/22401/tyranid-painter-v2
note that the creator is a fucking idiot so there's a chance your version will be horribly zoomed

oh and the only way to get around the zoom is to download it as an SWF file and upload it somewhere like Newgrounds

actually im a fucking idiot why don't i just link you
newgrounds.com/projects/games/1130354/preview

This is the only truly canonical miniature I have seen in this age.

Get goblin green or get goblin gone, imo.

>I offer you another lance!

Cool style looks like some NECA arcade xeno

>whole thread full of nids
i like where this is going

Stuff like this kinda makes me want to buy some Chaos models just to be able to paint them in ridiculous colors and put them on a shelf.

>slaanesh is about art and shit
Slaneesh is actually about excess, so lorewise it makes about just as much sense for his daemons to be the ones with eye-raping color schemes. However, since Tzeentch is the Lord of Change and there's really no other way to portray change in static models than through the use of excessive colors, and the factions need to be distinct from one another, he's the one that gets the insane colors.

>newgrounds.com/projects/games/1130354/preview
are there more examples?
i want to paint my bloodbowl team like this.