What's the absolutely most obscure RPG you know?

What's the absolutely most obscure RPG you know?

Other urls found in this thread:

lipstickalley.com/threads/sweden-muslim-avoids-jail-for-anally-raping-teen-he-“couldn’t-understand-no”.1171715/
youtube.com/watch?v=QINoUyrP0BI
youtu.be/UBGfS7S9BYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Sit down with the family for a friendly game of Gang Rape.

Tenchi Muyo RPG.

No one I have ever met has heard of this.

I did. You gonna have to try harder than that to find something obscure on Veeky Forums.

>[[[Wrigstag]]]
>[[[Olsen]]]
>[[[Holgerssen]]]
>[[[Bjornehed]]]
The eternal Swede strikes again

A place to fuck?

The problem with this is that all obscure RPGs I know that aren't "I got this binder from a friend, he worked 10 years on it" tier, I know from Veeky Forums, so if you are equally autistic...

Orbis Terrarum.

Yup, Veeky Forums is an excellent source of this kind of autism.

Already saw both of them on Veeky Forums.

Behold, my master card : French indie game about the Revolution with fantasy elements.

Touche. Didn't know this one. Point to you, I guess?

Get fucked, I not only knowed it I played 5 sessions of it. I made a scientist called Dr Foot who built a giant robot that Tenchi trashed

Annalise. It's an optionally GMless gothic horror RPG.

Saga. A swedish one.

My friend's D&D-esque D10 based system. Never published.

French games seem easy. There are a lot of them.

Pic related is something I've played once with a random table and never managed to find in a store, which is a shame because I really liked the idea.

Shadow Musketeers. Men in Black but with french musketeers. Or, you know, the Three Musketeers but with aliens.

There's some dried up snot on my table that my friends have told me is better than gurps so it would be that.

Lunar Reckoning.

New Gods of Mankind by Dark Skulls Studio. Actually pretty fun.

Clean the snot off your table, you degenerate.

I'm going with a French RPG too
Sombre ("dark" in French), a horror rule-lite rpg

Hey I have this one.
Does it play well? I thought the rules where a bit... meh.

One of the few open gaming systems to predate the OGL by quite a few years, potentially even a running up for one of the first open gaming systems ever. This game likely had a following at one point from what I've gathered, but it's dead as shit now. Just about any post from 2015 and up made about this game has been from me, but before that there were a few anons that talked about it during the early days of Veeky Forums.

Also if we're talking about french games.
I guess it could be translated as "Gnomes and Gardens"? It's quite fun.
And there's "Raôul, the game with sweaty armpits". Not exactly obscure among French players, but I think it is woth mentioning.

How about this?

They're very simple if I remember correctly. Nothing extraordinary but nothing terrible either.

AKA the immigrant experience

>Gang Rape
>is played as a succession of one-on-one rounds
Fucking Swedes

I don't know why, but fat perky tits on a chaste woman really gets me going. I suppose it's the forbidden fruit.

I'll only post what I own and like. Blood Dawn RPG by Lawerence Sims. A Post apocalyptic, magic, mutants and Mad Max mash up. Where the pure humans live in domed cities wage genocide of the wastelanders. The art is very good.

This is a great way to out newfags.

Alatriste RPG.
Or aquelarre if I want just internationally obscure.
Or anima if just sightly obscure.

One of the stores around here that is now permanently closed due to landlord problems had a self-referential rpg up on their shelf.
Can't get much more obscure than a game named after a small business that only had one location.

Panty Explosion

SLA Industries.

That's not even obscure as far as 90s licensed anime RPGs go

Recon - Vietnam war RPG

>it seems nearly impossible to get convicted for rape or gang rape, at least in contemporary Sweden.

I wonder why.

lipstickalley.com/threads/sweden-muslim-avoids-jail-for-anally-raping-teen-he-“couldn’t-understand-no”.1171715/

Note: original source was deleted.

>SLA Industries
>Obscure
Maybe if the only RPGs you've ever heard of otherwise are D&D and Pathfinder.

Fuck off, I played the 2nd ed of it. You know, the one with actually good art instead of cosplay photos that were traced

does "TENRA BANSHO ZERO" count as obscure? or is that more modern?

A lot of people heard the name in my country.
Only few actually played it.
Obscure as fuck on Veeky Forums

Anime is not obscure at all, if I (a Pole) managed to buy a copy in a local game shop.

But Alatriste RPG definitely is, even if I know more or less what to expect thematically. Would be a fun game (assuming the crunch doesn't suck)

*Anima

Fucking autocorrect

Anima is sightly obscure as in "most people intonthe hobby don't know much if any at all".

Iirc alatriste rpg was a gurps expy, might be wrong and just confusing it with GURPS:Alatriste which is also a thing. When I get home I'll scour for the rules of both, posting either of here or gurpsgen.

I should someday run an alatriste game desu. Too bad my fellow manolos are too dumb for gurps.

Most people NEW into the hobby*
Phone is a mistake.

Clean the snot off your nose, kiddo.

Somewhat. The guy who translated it made a big deal of making it the first tabletop JRPG on the English market, and that got some attention. Then he translated Maid RPG.

Not that either is really obscure, but nobody really talks about them here.

There was a 4e campaign setting that sounded kind of cool called "Amethyst", which the blurb on the back sounded like it was about gearing up with assault rifles and grenade launchers in an APC to go off and frag the fuck out of the wizards, which sounded right up my alley, but I'd never heard positive or negative feedback about it, or any feedback at all.

Likewise, Catalyst had put out an RPG called Cosmic Patrol that was in a pulp atomic-age scifi setting. I really couldn't get into it, but I don't think I'd ever heard of anyone playing that title either. I don't think that Lost in Space or Flash Gordon really fuels anyone's imaginations anymore.

I'll put in Dread. Meant for playing brutally short horror campaigns. I think it counts, don't know how many other people are familiar.

The homebrew system that never left my iMac's hard drive and was lost with it

Car lesbians
Dogs in the vineyard
Chrome and punks
Adventure time Spanish only official license rpg

Seen it mentioned here a few times before. I've only ran two one-shots in it so far (can it even handle anything more than one-shots?), but have found it great for introducing new players to the idea of roleplaying.

>Dogs in the Vineyard
>Obscure
Literally what the fuck

I'm pretty sure almost everyone on Veeky Forums has at least heard of Dread.

At least in my surroundings it's not known. If talk about obscure in tg it's almost impossible to find something really obscure that is actually open to the public.

I just wanted to participate, that was the best I had.
I really doubt it. Unless you ran it pseudo-roguelike where you kept playing the same character until you die.

Courant Fractal is a French language RPG recently published here in Québec (Canada). It's a d6-based medieval fantasy game. I've met one of the creators but haven't gotten around to playing it myself.

Otherwise I know some Jewish dude here who's gonna try to publish his RPG called "Chronicles of the Shattered Sky". Similar to D&D.

If we're talking stuff that's officially published, then Paragon/Demongate High is probably mine. I doubt anyone who didn't grow up/attend college in or near Rochester, NY will have even heard or it. Which is a shame, because despite being the product of a dinky, small time self-published game company it's hella fun.

I was really surprised when I ran into a guy who had played it when I went to a small fantasy-themed convention down in VA just a few weeks ago.

Shit man I just bought this. Looks really cool, but I don't know if anyone I know would play it.

>Quebequois rpg
If there was a line, we've clearly crossed it.
Let's continue anyways and see what happens.

what is this about?

>openly admitting your news is not verifiable

>If you insist, a reasonable use of music during the rape is to let every rapist play background music as a metaphor for what he is doing to the woman. Every rapist will have his own musical theme describing his assault. Finding that music is then an additional task when setting up the game.

You know the drill.

T.W.E.R.P.S.

Is Human Occupied Landfill obscure? I wouldn't imagine it is, to be honest, but it's probably the least well known one I've actually played.

Do you have it? I've been looking for shit other than the core book for ages

AQ: Jaern

Ooh, I have that!
Never played it though.

I'm not sure.
I might still have the core book and TWERPS: Cyberpunk in some box in my attic.

Mate, DoiV is one of the most mainstream games released in the 00s, where the fuck do you live? Nowhere, Kansas?

It's from Fria Tider in the first place, which isn't exactly bastion of good journalism.
If they, a strongly anti-immigrant website, took it down, then it was probably just bullshit.

Played this game through a friend and eventually bought the books. Character creation is a game in itself.

I've been looking to pick up a copy that wasn't accidentally laundry detergented... but I'm not too sure they exist.

High Fantasy is a game that is hard to talk about, mostly due to its name, as even when expressing repeatedly that the game's name is High Fantasy, more than half of listeners will still assume you're referring to the genre instead.

Printed in 1978, it refers to Fantasy Role-Playing as the newest style of hobby.
It uses exclusively "two seperarely colored ten sided dice", and suggests mailing in a request to the author to recieve a pair.
Because party roles are cool for play, but it sucks to be shoehorned, it includes Primary and Secondary classes, with Primaries dictating themes and mechanics and Secondaries dictating roles (typically).
Alchemist, a primary class, does have unique interactions with potions which is strong roling, and Martial Artist, a secondary class, kind of just had higher combat values... but Healer and Blacksmith (the most necessary roles) are both secondary.

The game features a Core Resolution mechanic, a expresses optional rules from out the gate on major game changers (having a stat block and skill list are both optional), encourages players to retreat from losing battles by having them grow weaker as they take damage, and different weapons feel satisfyingly different.

The game was two decades ahead of its time in design, and collapsed under a poor choice of name...
And the rather cumbersome Combat damage chart.

Imagine Buffy meets XMen, basically a school for kids with supernatural abilities on top of a gate to Hell, with the school itself being the primary line of defense against the legions of demons.

Car Lesbians

Exactly.

Not only do I have a copy, I have the GM screen. That thing had a print run of under 2000. None of the BESM licensed anime campaign guides can be considered obscure. Not even Demon City Shinjuku, Serial Experiments Lain, or Fushigi Yuugi.

I'm fairly "blue" in my opinions so the idea of supporting such a project got my dick hard as diamonds. Sadly, we all know how adult life is and how hard it is to do anything beyond our established campaigns and systems.

Go outside. Off of Veeky Forums and rpg dot net people only know of D&D family games.

Here's probably the most obscure RPG I own, from a publisher who obviously didn't know what they were dealing with and just put it out in the same format as their popular series of choose your own adventure books.

This thing really doesn't know what it wants to be. The stated setting is Elizabethan England, with some barely-thought-out occult elements, but all the examples of play are about conquering the new world and then the sample scenario at the end is about travelling from St. Albans to London and encountering not much of anything.

It has a well researched herbalist class though.

>90s licensed anime RPGs

what a time to be alive

This is one I'm looking for - no one seems to have heard of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=QINoUyrP0BI

Turn your bass up:

youtu.be/UBGfS7S9BYg

Fatal - I know everybody here knows it, but I have never heard about anyone who actually played a game in the system.

I think it would be best to know this thing about FATAL:

Don't.

Teenagers from outer space

The most obscure *published* RPG that I've *actually played* is almost certainly "The Skeletons".

It was a good experience. Not very replayable though, IMO.

Probably AdEva. Obscure enough it probably isnt known beyond Veeky Forums, but played enough I was in 3 campaigns before it died.

>that beat
Holy shit, that track tells the whole story of the encounter.

Man if someone has a PDF of it that'd be great. I've been wanting to read it for years.

Actually obscure:

Zenobia

I own that and the Tenchi Universe supplement too.

The most obscure RPG I know is Suzerain: Mortal realms.

Not counting homebrews, this silly caveman RPG called Og. The GM is expected to prevent the players from communicating at the table with anything other than pointing and grunting until they spend in character XP to buy words.

It's not cheating because its obscure even in it's home country.

hanging on anima's coattails?

Was the old witcher rpg released outside of poland?