Warhammer 40K General (40kg)

New Bread is hard to bake.

Stale Bread Citadel Paints
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/21/coming-soon-the-citadel-paint-system-in-your-pocket/
>Death Guard preview
imgur.com/a/90wRO

>Konor Campaign, Imperium in the lead, fighting back against the #RiggedSystem
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Kill Bursta Tank worth it or just get two Basilisks for their "Supa Kannons" to be mounted on Wagons

first for The First

Currenty thinking of shit to add to start playing something other than 500pts and then work my way up to a semi competitive list. I'm still relatively new.

Right now running Bloodletters, Flesh Hounds, Crushers and a Herald as my HQ. Thinking about adding some Berzerkers, swapping the Herald for a Lord on Juggernaut and getting some kind of big gunz, not sure what yet.

Thoughts?

Third for Ahriman is the best character in 40k

Third for where is chicken

He's pretty alright, I like his personality.

Gat the Basilisk and send me the Chimera Chassis. You'll be my bestie

Inside the power armor of the Iron Warriors

Do the megas contain 40k novels and short stories?

>just looked on ebay for Basilisks
>all "pro painted"
>No NoS or NiB discounts
>everything is more expensive then just buying direct from GW

What happened to eBay....

No one sells a kit no one actually wants to buy?

they contain these nuts

Isn't the Basilisk one of the best units in the Guard army now....

It's hit or miss. You won't find deals 100 percent of the time. Just wait and check often until you see something good.

Too lazy to check, but basilisks might be sold out at the moment. If so, scalpers gunna scalp.

So are ultamarines as BS as they look? Girlyman, chapter tactic, and rerolling for CP seem pretty obnoxious. I only have one ultramarine guy in my area and he hasn't pulled out girlyman yet

There're better ones

But what idiot would resell a kit that no one wanted 3 months ago because of what a bunch of mathahmmer idiots on Veeky Forums think

It's no longer a viable tactic to chase down and lock ultramarines in combat, because they will back away, rapid fire you, then rapid fire you with other units, and probably charge you with them to deny your charge bonuses. being able to withdraw and still fire is fucking retarded.

So the Gravis armor is growing on me. What would be a good Chapter tactic for a small force with lots of Aggressors and Inceptors?

Ultramarines maybe? Means aggressors can back out and still shoot. Or Imperial Fists, means enemies can't hide. Are Inceptors infantry?

In practice while its good I haven't found it to be gamebreaking. Salamanders and Raven Guard are stronger over all.

Generally if you're assaulting Marines you're going to be using a solid melee unit to do so, and a lot of them are going to wipe out your average Marine shooting squad entirely, or at least maul them so badly that the shooting they can must when they fall back isn't overwhelming (at least not compared to the rapid fire from the rest of the army, but that was going to happen anyway regardless of chapter tactics; Ultramarine tactic is just another drop in the pond). There are a few units that really benefit from it though, like big squads of Hellblasters as well as flamer heavy Aggressors or Dreadnauts.

Reposting because I didn't realize the thread was dead already

Grey Knights themselves are protected by a total info blackout by the Inquisition, they themselves don't require the execution or mindwipe of any witnesses

Mass executions tend to be for large bodies of people or soldiers where they've all been dangerously exposed to the warp and there are simply too many to test each individual, thus the only way to ensure purity is to kill or mindwipe everyone

So, 50 sisters fight alongside Grey Knights (like what happened in the first ben counter novel)? Tested, expected to pass and let go with a vow of secrecy.

5,000 guardsmen fight off a daemonic invasion while the grey knights close a warp portal? Well they're probably dead from daemonrape already but the survivors are going to be mind wiped at the very least, mercifully.

>Are Inceptors infantry?

Sure are; I was considering White Scars actually, for that extra 2 inch move on the slow Gravis units seems nice.

Post face: others guess what army you play.

I'll start.

>playing with a 12 year old
every time I regret it

>lots of aggressors

White scars, they'll be moving 10.5" per turn on average and can stand still for twice the shooting. They're like bikes that traded their turboboost for powerfists and triple the shooting

yeah, that tactic was really annoying when I used my heldrake the other week, but it was able to roast and chomp them the next turn

>ask for their info after game
>banned from another store

Any thoughts on Transuranic arquebus for admech? They seem like they'd be pretty fun to play around with, if incredibly overpriced like most snipers.

They're pretty essential to doing anything decent with admech. Bring at least 3-4 of them.

>relying on FW shit

Shame on you.

Sometimes it can be great. Depends on the kid.
I help my local GW's manager to play introductive games with new clients and I often play with kids. Some of them are allright.

>holy fuck i'm so fucking stupid lol: the post

good bait

Nonce

>introductive games with new clients
They're "potential customers".

>new clients
lol what

Yhea, I meant potential customers. I'm not a native english speaker, don't judge me.

New rumour engine.

They doing em on Tuesday now apparently.

Nice, GW is trying to trigger all their "trypophobic" tumblr customers

How do people feel about Necrosius the Undying (120pts)? He is only 10 more points than a plaguecaster for 2 more wounds, solid melee an 4+ invuln save, and a reroll for poxwalker DR rolls of 1

>conflating new clients with potential customers
You're just retarded, English or not

>They doing em on Tuesday now apparently
It was a Bank Holiday yesterday, silly.

ok big boy

there's a joke in there somewhere

They normally do them on Wednesday you stupid nigger

Yeah but it's an important day tomorrow, double nigger

Name it, faggot

It's Duncan's birthday

Tau

What is the most patrician army to collect?

Orks, obviously. No army is as pure and unadulterated.

>browsing shelves at the FLGS

>dude at a table playing Magic with his kid

>I overhear the dad saying "more important than whether you win or lose is how you act when you win or lose..."

Pure Custodes

Alright, going to spend some money today. Which should I go for?

>More clowns
>More elfplanes
>Slaanesh daemons for my EC successors
>SC Tau
>SC Deathwatch
>SC AdMech
>Nothing

How are elite armies fairing in 8th right now?
Thinking about a Primaris/Terminator army or maybe Grey Knights soon but have heard thinks like Primaris being somewhat shitty and terminators not being that great either
Anyone got any input/experience with them?

Clowns

>he goes apeshit because the icing on his cake wasn't applied in two thin coats

T'au Empire.

Best dad

WHY DIDN'T YOU SHAKE THE PIPING BAG

>Pure
>Custodes
Pick one and only one.

Lol'd at work.
10/10 Duncan meme.

Primaris are okay. Which is a good thing really, because it'd suck if they were overpowered or completely useless, so they're in a good spot balancewise. They're big weaknesses are a lack of solid melee beyond Reivers who are just okay and units that are generally very cookie cutter in terms of battle field use.

>How are elite armies fairing in 8th right now?
If you're playing against a horde army, you literally lose by default.

Nothing but Primarchs?

Magni and Morty will probably be about 750

Which will be more expensive? Maggie or Morty?

Yeah, there's a boy who's about 10 at my local GW who's actually done things properly and fully painted his Blood Angels. Rather badly, but still not a grey in the bunch, so he puts me and almost everyone else there to shame.

I've started a drive to repaint all my admech at decent tabletop standard now I've got mediocre at painting, so it'll be a while given I have two SC boxes, 6 Kataphrons, Kastelans, Infiltrators, 20 converted Fulgurites, 10 Rangers and a Knight to do and half of that needs stripping first. Still, it'll look nice and green when I'm done, and there will be no more chalky red new player Mars abominations.

There's also the youngish guy who's got a stupid quantity of stuff. 8k Nurgle CSM, loads of Orks, 2.5k HH Death Guard with Levi Dreads and FW tanks and Morty, Vampire Counts, bunch of Lamenters, full Deldar carnival of pain, 300-ish Renegades he used to run in the Host and some supporting stuff for them and he's probably nabbed all the new DG by now. He's off to uni now, which kinda sucks 'cause he was awesome to play with. Doesn't really count as a kid, but I still wonder how the hell he found the money and time for that lot.

I find primaris very easy to pop because literally any multi-damage or high AP weapon will mulch them faster than they can cope.

Magni, probably.

I'm expecting Morty to just be nigh unkillable and an aura machine, which GW doesn't seem to add into points consideration

Ala Bobby G

Looking to start an emperor's children army. Clearly i want noise marine troops, but what else should I grab, unit or box wise?

>and an aura machine
I think he won't be. He has wings and will thus has a ridiculous move speed, but not as fast as Mag. He's probably have a version of Gate of Infinity like he does in HH, and will probably give off auras that are only useful in CC. DG armies have always lacked a really decent close combat unit, but Morty and Death Shroud termies look set to change that.

Grey Knights are awesome, mixing lots of PAGKs (which are a bitch to kill if you get 10 in combat) with like 10 Paladins and a few characters, vehicles, and dreadknights/noughts is badass.

Imo Magnus.
Morty is going to be an unholy abomination between a Great Unclean One and Guilliman.

Slow, tough, supporty, but overall not as much a murdermachine as Magnus, who does barely anything for his sons beside tell them to take five as he wins the game by himself

They're character Deletion, short and simple. Point 3 of them at a character and boom, they're gone.

Oh look more marine crap.

Sonic Dreadnaut

rest is up to you, take what seems fun

I run one and I've only ever had it earn its points back once. IMO it's a costly unit that I only take b/c it looks cool and it maybe might get something done every once in a while

When did Nids join the imperium?

AoS Aelves.

Why does the Emperor have Santa's cloak?

Desolation squad box if your local store has it, bikers are also pretty good this time around

That the one with the rhino?

My guess is the new Great Unclean One.

yeah, rhinos are way better now so its definitely worth considering

If you get to big points, run a Lord Of Skulls and see the results

Any chance I can see the converted fulgurites? I'm starting admech now and I have mixed feelings about their models.

Give me just a second to sort out the weapons for the one I'm working on ATM and sure. Built 16 of them so far, trying to decide how to arm the rest.

Basically emptied my bitz box to do it, but given it cost me £30 for a box of Kairic Acolytes compared to £100 for 20 actual electropriests and I think mine look a little better it's probably worth it. Saving an entire Betrayal at Calth is always nice.

Ok so noise marines, some rhinos, some bikes, and sonic dreads. Shaping up ok. How are slaaneshi daemons or cultists?

kek

wait with the noise marines. The current kit is ... lacking. Its really just a few guns and 2 heads. so your "noise marines" are very much normal CSM.

If you have the money FW makes some fine noisemarines for Horus Heresy.

Slaaneshi normally hit first, so you might want to think of strong fast melee units, warptalons maybe, or raptors. (Raptors can get 2 special weapons btw, so 5 Raptors 2 melta and a combimelta on the champ)

You might want to look into the start collecting CSM box. A CSM squad for objective grabbing aint bad, the CSM termi lord/sorceror is a useful HQ and the helbrute can bring some much needed longrange firepower. All that on a relative bargain.

Also check ebay for DarkVengeance cultists (the old 6th/7th starter box), for cheap fodder and bubblewrap units

Tell us about the last time you got tabled.

>Lack of actual melee or Terminator equivalent
Something that sort of bummed me about the primaris, they make a good shooting army, but they really don't do well in melee something where marines should at least be decent in. Would love to see them gain a dedicated terminator type unit, but that won't happen for a while if ever
Figured, made even worse in that I love deep striking units in...
How do there regular terminators fair? Have heard that they are overpriced and by extension a poor troop choice

Now that I'm thinking, is there a way to take GK and Primaris together at all? Would assume it would have to do with playing around with what detachments you take and stuff

custodes man. Custodes. T5 W3 2+ 3++
Thanks GW

Thanks for the advice. If i went noise i was planning to get the fw ones. Here's hoping that EM codex people have been speculating about actually happens

>Now that I'm thinking, is there a way to take GK and Primaris together at all? Would assume it would have to do with playing around with what detachments you take and stuff
u can take both in an detachment. Or make two detachments. No problem actually

I know.
I want a cheap fodder unit.
nurgle got poxwalker, tzeentch their birdmen.

Get SC Deathwatch, so you can get owned by everyone... Except Necrons.

Maybe some kind of burning skeletons for Khorne (tho I know it's just gonna a Gorechosen ripoff)
And then those implied Slaaneshi Eldar from the rulebook.