/btg/ BattleTech General

---------------------------------
I choose option three, edition

The /btg/ is dead - long live the /btg/!

Old thread: ==================================

BattleTech video-game Beta gameplay
youtube.com/watch?v=rt6FatHHnzI

==================================

>BattleTech Introductory Info and PDFs
bg.battletech.com/?page_id=400

>Overview of the major factions?
bg.battletech.com/universe/great-houses/
bg.battletech.com/universe/the-clans/
bg.battletech.com/universe/other-powers/

>How do I find out which BattleMechs a faction has?
masterunitlist.info/

Unit Designing Softwares
>SSW Mech Designer
solarisskunkwerks.com/
>MegaMek Lab
megamek.info/
github.com/MegaMek

>/btg/ does a TRO:
builtforwar.blog(not spam)spot.com/

>How do I do this Against the Bot thing? (old)
pastebin.com/pE2f7TR5

2017-03-03 – (Against the Bot)
mediafire.com/file/kffatbm11ffus7l/Against_the_Bot_Instructions_v2-5.pdf

bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56065.0
Current 3.21 rule set is included in the mekhq package

>Map of /btg/ players (WIP):
zeemaps.com/map?group=1116217&add=1

>Rookie guides
pastebin.com/HZvGKuGx

>Sarna.net - BattleTech Wiki
sarna.net/wiki/Main_Page

>Megamek - computer version of BattleTech. Play with AI or other players
megamek.info/

>BattleTech IRC
#battletech on irc.rizon.net

>PDF Folders
mediafire.com/folder/sdckg6j645z4j/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/cj0tjpn9b3n1i/Battletech
mediafire.com/folder/tw2m414o1j9uj/Battletech_Archives

/btg/'s own image board: - (2017-08-28 - Still getting worked on & now has 15393 pics! Any help with tagging appreciated!)
bgb.booru.org/index.php

More goodies! (Rare manuals, hex packs, TROs, discord server, etc.) Last updated 2017-07-30!
pastebin.com/uFwvhVhE

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kcukFLZ9CKE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd Hold her Butte.

don't objectify women, please

it's extremely toxic and makes this community unfriendly to female players

As long as she's not ISF and doesn't tattle on everything you do....

I'll Hold your Butte too.

To paraphrase Han Solo, "he could use a good Butte Hold!"

Let them regale the Coordinator with tales of my great Davion prowess! He needs something to aspire to.

Tell me a story about air fortresses, /btg/.

Whatever you have, try to equate it to the number of Leviathan IIs it's worth. That is all.

>Cramped cockpit.

You can use a modular connection to link together different sections like Voltron. Technically, there is no size limit. You can have a flying city with drop port, streets, skyscrapers and a thousand drones.

Praise Blake!

youtube.com/watch?v=kcukFLZ9CKE
Hey, the Japanese are making amazing things again.

>This bending test of a copper-aluminium-manganese single-crystal bar (68 cm in length and 16 mm in diameter)
It's almost like SF but it's reality.

The real issue is there's no dual cockpit version of the Wolverine.

If you're short a Chameleon, I'd reckon a Wolverine or Shad, hell maybe even a Griffin S might be a good trainer.

How many Mjolnir battlecruisers would it take to kill a Leviathan II?

So many.

user looking to start from a few days ago. What do I need for assembling metal miniatures?

A metal file and blades for flash, a handheld drill (pin vise), some small wire for pinning, and super glue, the real liquid stuff, not gel. Also a little extra fine epoxy putty for when you start reposing and coarse cheap stuff for filling bases.

You'll need some rare earth magnets, bigger drill bits and regular liquid epoxy if you start making poseable or weapon swappable machines as well.

final BMM upload plz kthx

I've got everything listed but the file and epoxy.

Whats wrong with gel super glue? That's all I use.

How does one fill these hex bases? Scenic glue?

Bond isn't as good. It's easier to use but doesn't set as well. Plus more expensive than the regular CYA stuff you can get two bottles for a dollar.

Cheap epoxy putty, like a tube of locktite from the hardware aisle.

About 12 to do so reliably, 6-7 for a 50/50 shot

Depends on the parameters of the engagement. If you use, for example, a ship-mounted HPG to provide tracking information on the Lev once it's reached a certain velocity and therefore committed to a course heading towards a known jump point, then you can mousetrap it at relatively close range and without giving it a chance to respond with many more fighters than just its normal CAP. Under that sort of circumstance, you can almost certainly kill it with three Mjolnirs, and you have an *outside* chance of doing it with two (the Mjolnirs have to be in very close and use their superior speed to ensure they stay in a single damage arc of the Lev, so that their damage concentrates).

In a traditional naval engagement where both sides are approaching from well outside of the Extreme Range bracket, at moderate velocity, and have plenty of time to deploy parasite craft? I have no idea; I know that not enough Mjolnirs exist to try it. My guesstimate is 8+ Mjolnirs to get a guaranteed kill, and only *that* few because it between Extreme/Long range misses and bracketing damage reductions, it'll usually take a Lev 2-3 turns to kill a single Mjolnir, and the others are going to be driving straight in as fast as they can on evasive movement to cluster into a single damage arc and overload that arc ASAP.

I am also assuming here that the Leviathan isn't front-loading all of its DropShip collars with ASF carriers (which it *shouldn't*, given that it has guaranteed air superiority over anything short of a full Thera group or a Potemkin with a similar bullshit load of 25 Vengeances). I consider the "normal" loadout for a LevII to be 1 Aesir, 2 Vanirs, 1 cargo dropship, 2-3 Overlord-Cs, and 1-2 unused collars for "just in case" usage.

this?

No, hell no. That stuff isn't for model purposes, and the stench alone is toxic.

Epoxy putty, as in kneadatite/ greenstuff, milliput.

"Today, Precentor Butt ejaculated prematurely again when we held hands."

No. You want epoxy putty.

>implying it matters

Even Teddy married his O5P spy who sent all the raunchy details of their relationship to his cousin who also wanted to fuck him.

>That stuff isn't for model purposes, and the stench alone is toxic.

Both those things are wrong. It has use in bigger models or things that need to be super secure. And it isn't any more toxic than any other expoxy based stuff. It isn't fiberglass resin. The chromium in yellow paint is worse for you.

>held hands
SLUT!

Don't search for ("held hands" anime slut) on Yandex image search. Just... don't. Ugh.

5-6 playing kamikaze in a max speed engagement, probably like ten in a straight flight

None. It would take one Shilone.

Nice. As a first-time offender, I was just given a 1-week ban from the official forums for linking to a page, which contained a link to a second page. The second page had a link a THIRD page which contained NSFW content, therefore I'm "guilty of linking indirectly to NSFW content".

Fuck that noise. I hear this is the place to be to actually talk about Battletech. How's things here?

For all that effort, it sounds like someone really wanted you gone.

Who'd you piss off?

In the PM I got, it mentioned that discussing a moderator action like a ban anywhere else, including offsite, is grounds for a permanent ban; if I share which mod gave me the 1-week ban, it'll be pretty clear who I am and they'll ban me permanently.

It's not like you're losing anything by being banned from the official bullshit.

God that place is a shithole. CGL can't shut it's doors fast enough. The circle jerk is real.

Meh. It's been several years, but I made an account and logged on and made one post with a boner joke on implying "do want" on something, and got a stern personal warning from some high-strung goober. It was at this point that I realized I had fucked up. These were truly not the kind of people I would wish to associate with. Haven't been there since, and the forums themselves have exploded several times since then due to internal huttburt. I feel like a winner in that deal.

>How's things here?
As for me, I stay way from the OF. This place has it's blemishes, but the guys here generally are a cool lot.

Admittedly, most of those blemishes are directly from the OF. The super best friends club slummin' it to everyone's detriment, and all that.

Yeah, I kind of suspected that. The regulars here I've witnessed have a record of being stand up guys.

Yeah it's pretty obvious thanks we have quality posters sure too the level of good info you can get even while there's shitposting thing on. Just goes to show that we're a good group that just gets bored sometimes.

>Even Teddy married his O5P spy

After she had kicked the crap out of him. Teddy K knows when someone's a keeper.

And his bastard was with the ISF agent he fucked in college.

Man, that guy really had a hard on for ninjas. Even his dude friends were ninjas.

user recently saved me from certain death so that was fun

Dude, they know who they've recently warned for linking to NSFW shit, you're already fucked.

Thisbeing said what the warning was ACTUALLY for was that you pointed out a fact or said something in a way that made one of the mods or their friends look or feel bad, not because of what you really did. It's that kind of place.

>TFW the Bears always have at least as many Mjolnirs as the Lyrans have Mjolnirs, and usually have more.

any mechs with treads in this game?

Where there's a madman there's a way. Hell's Horses have you covered

So I'm part of a dedicated BT campaign, right? Things have been going well; we're an irregular unit appended to the AFFS as they murder Kuritans in the War of 3039 for sport, and we had just gotten off holiday at Solaris.

We arrive at our hangar on-planet for our next deployment phase, and my character, J, has an idea. Now J is no ordinary pilot, he's got 2 piloting and 4 gunnery, believes accuracy is best attained through volume of fire, and put a goddamn hatchet on a Victor simply because he likes to smash things. We have in our inventory an old Patton tank that's been de-turretted and some Jagermech parts picked up at a scrapyard.

J requests a pair of Thumper Artillery Pieces, big fuck-off cannons that can lob HE for literal miles. Instead of mounting this shit on something normal, J takes the upper half of the Jagermech, mates it to the tank chassis, and uses the heavily-reinforced ballistic arms of the Jagermech to support both Thumpers. This living abomination was endearingly called the "JagerTank" and has seen three or four successful missions as long-range fire support.

The pilot of the JagerTank was a fresh recruit from school. He was so confused as to whether he was piloting a tank or a Mech.

And the best part? Our irregular unit opened up an ice cream business and used the hollowed out CT of the JagerTank as a storefront. Because of this, we've turned all calls for artillery into ice cream-related calls, such as "two scoops vanilla" for HE rounds or "two scoops chocolate chip" for cluster rounds

And man that ice cream is tasty

I actually already have that one. Did you know that kit has 22 pieces?

killme

Oh by the way, this is what the JagerTank looks like. I fucked up some of the greyscaling but it works

The loctite epoxy glue has a strong enough smell that you may very well start feeling nauseous and generally unwell after prolonged exposure to it. Even outdoors, its smell is pungent enough to make you ill.

The only time you really want to use that is if you're building shit like 40k Titans or huge pieces of terrain.

It does not. It's the exact same smell as if you take a wad of epoxy putty of similar size and mash it up. Cause that's all epoxy putty is, epoxy with a styrene clay filler.

I couldn't imagine someone like you having to deal with stuff that is actually bad fume wise like acetone for paint removal or thinner or brush cleaner for traditional enamel. I think you'd have a panic attack or run screaming out of the room or some silly thing.

That thing is an abomination. What the fuck?

sounds like an awful idea

just use a quad-mech

Yes it does. Stop shilling for loctite.

Pretty sure you can do kinda it by frankenmech rules but what you wind up with is basically just a shitty tank. None of the advantages of a mech left.

I'm glad something like this exists. It just makes your GM sound like a cool dude and your game very fun. It also makes me bitter that my campaign died but when one of my players gets habitually butthurt when he has a series of bad rolls that pretty much dooms whatever game it is.

No it doesn't. And I usually use JB-Weld if I need epoxy because it's what I have lying around. Epoxy is about the least inflamatory plastic cure there is. You're just a complete damn pussy. I think you'd have a heart attack if you ever walked into a salon and smelled the liquid monomer plastic they use there.

I like a lot of Plog's work, but that looks like a broke down Autobot. Minimus Crab.

Guys, keep in mind we're in 3039 :P

We'll take anything we can get. Besides, we role-played it as the Thumpers having tremendous kickback, which the Jagermech is designed to handle. Plus I wanted to see just how close to a HOUND I could build

We're on the lookout for a KGC carapace and if it can't be repaired to full capacity, we're gonna mate that to a 100-ton tank and give it AIV. Why? Why not?

hatchets and artillery tanks, what could go wrong...

JB Weld best waifu.

Fite me.

Can someone tell me what the center mech is? I know the left one is a Dragon and the right one is a Longbow.

Oh it gets better. The mission before last, we hot-dropped right on top of the 4th Proserpina Hussars to help the ELH beat them back on Fellanin II. Everyone else dropped next to the ELH to assist, but my Victor had been decorated to look like a Hatamoto-Chi (I had even replaced the head component with that of a Hatamoto I had bested in combat a week before). The DCMS believed that I was an experimental unit sent on combat trial by the 2nd Arkab and let me hang out in their frontline.

Took a few cursory shots at my friends (just groundfiring and complaining about a wonky targeting system) before -headshotting the Hussars' Stalker with my goddamn hatchet-

The jig was up and their second-in-command was now slathered on my axe. Best part? We killed every enemy pilot either that day or a few days later. Nobody knows of my character's treachery.

That being said, my character did bring up the 2nd Arkab. mfw I accidentally brought the 2nd Arkab onto Fellanin II and got the ELH routed

Weapon loadout and general Dracness indicates Victor.

Hahaha what. That's not a Victor. I will eat my shorts if that's a Victor. Looks more like an Ostroc

Not even close to Ostroc loadout. Not like the Longbow looks anything like a Longbow either.

Ostroc's don't have arm mounted weapons though.

Yeah. Hmm. I thought maybe Flashman but there's no way. Fuck if I know. I dunno why I thought Ostroc

That darth vader hat does look Victor-y though.

I can't find a Victor that has a loadout that fits this.
Not a Flashman or Ostroc or Ostsol either.
It is a Longbow, and I kind of like it if they had it as a reseen.

Right arm with a big-bore ballistic weapon? Roundish head? Lasers in the torso?

That's a Victor.

Go find me a Victor with a Mlas in either ST and what looks to be a SRM in the left arm

Go on

I'll wait

Weapon placement is wrong, but that's the standard Victor loadout of an SRM-4, AC/20, and 2 Mlas.

Considering these are pretty clearly redesigns, you're gonna have to make a better suggestion yourself at this point. Sure as hell isn't a Cyclops.

For a moment I thought it was a radical redesign of the Awesome, but I don't know.

Doesn't look like a reseen Longbow at all either since the reseen was one of the ones that hewed close to the original like the reseen Battlemaster. Looks more like an Orochi or like someone slapped a fat missile payload on a Warhammer.

Standard Vic is AC, 2ML and SRM 4. Seems to have all of those. They just swapped the laser and missile locations.

>minimus crab
As a frequent user of QVs I'm no ashamed to so say this made me laugh.

>Doesn't look like a reseen Longbow at all either since the reseen was one of the ones that hewed close to the original like the reseen Battlemaster. Looks more like an Orochi or like someone slapped a fat missile payload on a Warhammer.

I think the weapon placement works for an old Longbow if those two guns on the top are MLs though.

I can't find this pic through reverse image searches with yandex or tineye.

why the fuck would you draw everything else stock and put the fucking MLs in the STs

Fucking artists. Looks like a Gauss Rifle too, which is a double whammy

I've been my campaign's buttmonkey for a while. Whether it was a double-engine hit early in the first match after I got my MAD-3R, the time my lancemate broke off to commit warcrimes and got my mech scrapped, or when I biffed a pilot roll trying to cross a river and flooded my CPLT-K2's engine my second or third turn. I can understand ragequitting a session from shit like that but a whole campaign? He must've gotten schlonged HARD.

Did you try turning Megamek off and on again?

Also, you can reply to posts by clicking on the number.

Weapon loadout is definitely Longbow 7Q. I was saying the appearance didn't look physically like a Longbow at all, since it's really just the artist going full Japtech levels of reinterpretation. Pretty cool interpretations too.

Could be a 9K if it's a Gauss.

Dammit, meant the last bit of for

>the state of the community in a single post

>He must've gotten schlonged HARD.
He whiffed a few AC/5 shots in his Wolverine and had to burn Edge to not die to a head shot by a Commando. I mean, I guess I can understand it but I have always traditionally rolled worse than him in basically every game where we've both been players, and I still play. He's just really addicted to winning and succeeding in games. If he doesn't he gets upset, but instead of throwing a fit, he'll just push to start a new game. He's a good dude otherwise, FWIW.

I agree that that Longbow is super sexy. I'd buy that mini. I've seen so many re-interpretations of the older BT 'Mechs that are amazing that CGL could probably get on the cheap but they don't have the patience to trawl dA or Artstation once in a while looking for talent.

...and then I realized I posted David White, and if I recall, his commissions are expensive. Go me. Still wish the Firefly looked like this though.

I was playing OpFor last week against another group. My refitted melee Highlander chased down another Highlander in 1v1 combat. Spent 8 turns losing initiative and eating Gauss slugs before I got domed by a cockpit crit from a Medium Laser.

my fucking face when a Star League HGN punked my 4000+ BV Hatchetlander

Makes me feel bad that I got a bit cranky losing my 5th BattleTech game in a row on Sunday. Down to the wire, a Mongoose with a ML and SL vs a Panther with an SRM4 (me). Long game, very swingy, and we just went for the throat to make that the last turn so the dude could go to bed. Each just go toe-to-toe, no TMMs, last 'Mech standing. Panther popped after his first shot; SRM4 ammo. Made me fucking SOUR.

Ammo explosions are dildos. This is why I replaced the /20 on my Victor with a hatchet

I mean in retrospect it was fair because that's how I popped his Valkyrie earlier in the game but yeah, they suck. What else did you put on it? That's a lot of free remaining tonnage.

If he's the guy I think, a bunch of fucking machineguns to back up the hatchet.

What clan is that?

That's a Draconis Combine logo painted over a Capellan Confederation logo.

Okay so this Victor is lit. I stripped off all the weapons and thought to myself "Damn, 4/6/4 on an 80-tonner is superb for CQC but the /20 is too heavy"

So I put on a hatchet in the RA, three MLs in the LT, eventually got a LPL for the RT, and a quartet of MGs in the LA. And the cherry on top is the super-rare Supercharger nestled in the CT. Ever seen an axe-wielding 80-tonner hit 80+ KPH in 3039? It's fucking spooky.

I'm hunting for anything with an ECM suite. I've already assured my DM that if he lets me get TSM, I win the game. Nothing says "fuck off Clanners" like 32 damage on the punch table