Mortal assassin vs physical god

Any decent examples in media Veeky Forums can point me towards. Pic related, but it's not decent.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche
youtube.com/watch?v=pfcQkNjTyQo
youtube.com/watch?v=-zcTrIHrpUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche

Skitter vs Alexandria.

Julius Caesar Vs. The Senate.

Should have been clearer, I meant in a Science fiction context. I just spazzed out and posted too soon.

The alternate future from DCUO

youtube.com/watch?v=pfcQkNjTyQo

youtube.com/watch?v=-zcTrIHrpUM

That's pretty rad. I love the fact that Lex and co. out thought Superman rather than trying to out fight him. Disliked his exoskeleton/ power amour though.

Pic related armour does it for me!

Try aeon/trinity? Not quite normal human but going up against powerful monsters for sure

Will do thanks for the tip, does it have decent art?

Assassination highschool?

Rad Movie, gotta buy the BD version again one day.

Isn't the upcoming Dishonored DLC going to be about trying to assassinate the Outsider?

Not completely unfeasible. If you go by the most recent lore, he's not nearly as much of a god as he looked to be in the first game. He was originally a child raised as a sacrifice 4000 years ago by some primitive tribe in an attempt to create a god, and he did gain a lot of power over the Void as he was being "killed", but he's neither immortal nor omnipotent nor omniscient.

Op here, I believe so, but vidja games are becoming less and less my thing. Although having said that, I am looking forward too it just based on the premise alone.

Pic somewhat related.

Frankenstein.

Not quiet what I'm looking for, although it's arguable that he is made in man's image he's no god, physical or otherwise!

Unless I'm missing something, and need to re-read it.

Excellent speech, I will try to get around watching Avatar from beginning to end one day!

>Only lead can stop kryptonite
So Wondy is made of lead now?

In that continuity there's a literal war between heroes and villains, hence Lex is loaded for bear.

Say what you will about Sanderson, but the first Mistborn novel is basically this.

Intriguing, I'll have to look in to this, thanks.

Its old, like mid to late nineties old, so my guess is no. 2e is coming in 2018 but if its good art you're looking for I'm still not sure

Fair enough.

On the subject of Sanderson, the Reckoners are also pretty much this.

The Malazan series is full of this. It's a rock/paper/scissors dynamic for soldier/assassin/mage.

fyi, that speech isn't in the movie

Shame, it's a cool little speech.

Mr. Teartime went up against Santa clause in a Terry pratchet book. Almost beat him, and then tried to kill Death and his granddaughter.

Ambitious little freak i'll give him that.

et tue brutus?

Nah, the idea is that victor is god. And the monster is mankind's screaming birth into a unjust and unbalanced world.

That all of mankind is the pride filled shambling of a mad god and his desire to create irresponsibly. The premise dooms us all.

Remember preacher where god was just a egomaniac? That kind of world, but the first well written mass published one.

Dunno if it's in the original book, as I've never read it (it's on my list), but I do love one of Mr. Teatime's lines from the made-for-TV movie.

>Teatime: Do you have a lot of friends, Mr Sydeney?
>Mr. Sydeney: [hesitantly] Quite a few, actually.
>Teatime: I don't have many... Don't seem to have the knack... On the other hand, I don't seem to have any enemies at all.

Also, dammit, just accidentally stumbled across the Death and the Match Girl scene when looking for that Teatime scene on Youtube...gonna be in tears for a bit, though, thank you Mr. Pratchett, it won't be because I'm sad

Judas Iscariot vs Jesus

Fate/Stay Night, Kirei Kotomine vs Assassin.

“Take the universe and grind it down to the finest powder and sieve it through the finest sieve and then show me one atom of justice, one molecule of mercy. and yet... and yet you act as if there is some ideal order in the world, as if there is some... some rightness in the universe by which it may be judged.”

And thanks. now i'm going to be hopeful for the next 24 hours. Terrible.

That would be gravity vs the son of god.