Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

Tau Mary Sues don't count as real characters edition

Citadel Paints
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/21/coming-soon-the-citadel-paint-system-in-your-pocket/
>Death Guard preview
imgur.com/a/90wRO

>Konor Campaign, Imperium in the lead, fighting back against the #RiggedSystem
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=58485iFaX98
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for superior chapter

A successor chapter so successful it has its own successors.

reposting
>Ultramarines have the best bike spam
>poor CT:fluff ratio
>best strategy is to spam jump infantry and have very few bikes

How do I flavor an army with primarily jumppack units with little bikes? Or do I just play bikes anyway because I actually like the Chapter and just play with a suboptimal list?

Should I go admech or 1k sons? I like admech's whole theme and everything but a monopose techpriest being the only HQ option (besides cawl) is kind of a bummer for me.

What model needs price change the most?

I never knew how much I wanted imperial guardsmen on dirt bikes until I saw this, i can just imagine outrider squad of guardsmen with maybe a a light 4 wheeler (possibly something like the taros venator) instead of a attack bike. Holy fuck I want that.

On a very unrelated note i have finished reading the gathering storm and want to know what to read next so i can keep up to date with the lore that established the Primaris

You motherfucker. Get over here, you filthy 'cron.

Play them the way they're meant to be played. But have a backup force for when you actually want to use them as the "White other Scars" and use better tactics etc etc

Ork Big Gunz kit

>plan a game for today
>wake up early so I can get all my schoolwork done
>get there early, get my army out, wait for guy to show up
>he gets there and tells me something's come up and he's gotta drop last second
>sit in empty gamestore and stare at my army for an hour and a half and wait for a game but no one is free
>pack up and leave
Is there a worse feeling?

Bring shit to paint on the side you weeb.

Conscripts
3 pts for a model that hits on fives is too much

Don't be a pussy.
Play them the way they were meant to be played.
with SPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

>player brings Celestine to a 1k game and mildly mentions he is gay, as his BF has taken his paints so he can't paint his new penitent engines
>player has broad shoulders but also very large boobs, is painting a slaaneshi warband with rainbow colour dinobots and uses female pronouns for half her marines
Who's the bigger faggot here
>not knowing how to convert
Can you take geneseed from a dreadnought

Sons had some cool bots in 30k, so hopefully they get ported in their codex.

>who's the bigger faggot here
You

The advance and charge for bikers stratagem is amazing whichever WS CT, you just need a big bike deathball

How are Templars this ed? Kind of want to try them, maybe get big crusader squads and vanguards to get stuck in with.

Maybe wait until the end the AdMech codex comes out next month. There wasn't anything new shown off in the leaked white dwarf but who knows, they might still get a new HQ unit with no model.

But with infantry squads being 4pts for 4+ with special options, what role would they still have? Unless you mean to up-price the whole troops hierarchy?
It's always been scripts 3, squads 4 and vets 5

I dont know, but I'd reckon no.
The homeworld of the astral knights was given over to the sable swords (i think?) after their "demise", also, one of the worlds they saved from the world engine was dedicated as a shrine to them.
The last astral knights (less than a company) gathered up the remaining couple recruits and dreads from their homeworld and left to crusade (likely until their death).
god I wish I had the time/money to collect an astral knight army next to my nids and GK

Convert Yo Magi, user. Do one normal Dominus and then if you want more just make nice custom ones. Almost anything works, just arm it with the right gear.

I was thinking of doing one like that Blanche picture of the whiterobed priest grounding his axe on the floor.

Dark imperium and shroud of night so far have been the only ones contiuning the main plot, although i think there is a new book coming out soon regarding troops still fighting on cadia

This happened to me a lot. I'd show up all the time and ask people and make game dates and I got ditched all the time.

Right now it's 3,4,6. It should be 4,5,6.

Infantry squad spam makes morale hardly matter when they're all in 10 man units and any amount of casualties that would threaten the blob in the battleshock phase will just kill the remaining survivors of 1 squad.

On top of that, beinf able to take heavy and special weapons is the deal maker for me

where abouts in the megas can these be found? that shit is huge and i have no idea where im supposed to be looking

Enclaves characters soon

Dude, don't forget the "Hand of Darkness and the "Eye of Night" audiobook series.

There are also a few short stories expanding the lore.

I meant what role would scripts have if they had equal costs to infantry.

The Thousand Sons Castellax brought to 40k. If only

Well both need to go up 1 point. And the benefit would be that cons benefit from 1 order and stuff like Straken and Priest buffs.

>mfw the EU is chickening out of a possible tied campaign and turning Imperial

Just ordered a copy of the 40k rulebook from the Dark Imperium box.

Is there a consensus on which CSM legion tactics are better than others? I like the renegades advance and charge, but losing access to veterans of the long war stratagem seems like too steep a price to pay.

Word bearers are the only certified shit one

>word bearers
>shit once again

H-have faith, Word Bearers...

Honestly depends on your playstyle

Alpha Legion is solid

World Eaters are as well, but hyperfocused to melee

Iron Fists... I mean Imperial Warriors is okay.

Black Legion & Word Bearers are pretty subpar imo

Emperor's Children is silly.

>its psychic relay rule with current smite spam

MUH

I really like how the Alpha Legion would play on the tabletop, but don't love the Alpha Legion fluff. How frowned upon would it be to use Alpha Legion tactics for a non-Alpha Legion warband?

"my dudes are renegades that favor sneaky tactics"

boom done

>How are Templars this ed? Kind of want to try them, maybe get big crusader squads and vanguards to get stuck in with.
Black Templars are currently quite good. Solid characters (the Champion is nuts and you'll want Chaplain Grimaldus for a Black Tide list), reroll charge rolls is powerful, and while they can't take filthy psykers, they can Deny the Witch on a 4+ for a CP.

You could play a Scars successor.

See But overall I enjoy Alpha Legion's tactic the most. As I feel it's the most well rounded (besides Iron Warriors (and Word Bearers)) that isn't pigeonholed into a role/army theme

It's handy if you want to make a summoning focused army. But if you aren't heavily leaning on that you'd be better off with something else. Even just the Renegades tactic.

What's the biggest surprise you pulled on your opponents? Like they expected you to play one way and you ended up doing something that left them confused on how to fight you.

My opponent heard Guard and figured I'd sit still. They were not ready for Valkyrie Bullgryn, Assassins, Scions, Inqusitors in Terminator armor and Straken with infantry squads bum rushing. So many turn 1 charges and move move move on everyone putting them in the enemy's face.

>"hey I forgot my tape measurer, can I borrow yours?"

forgetting your tape is a favored pastime of Warhammer players across the world

I played primaris in the first few weeks of 8th against a razorback spam list

Who knew hellblasters in cover would be so resilient to assault cannons and would remove two razorbacks per turn

Never read a WH40k book. What's the first series I need to read and has anything been retconned by current editions?

This is what I did, I ended up making a western Chinese themed successor primaris chapter that focused on boarding actions and fleet skirmishes. Lots of aggressors, inceptors and grav chute reivers.

When are we getting books about the siege of terra?

Who's your faction/who do you think is the most interesting?

Dark imperium is one of the newest books and it describes the new/modern setting, plus it's a pretty ok read

>remove two razorbacks per turn
5 shots per turn
Hitting on 3+/Wounding on 3+/No Save at D2

Need 5 USW to kill a Razorback.
~ 11-12 Hellblasters to wreck a Razorback
At 33ppm its ~300+ pts to kill a Razorback (100pts w/ TL Assault Cannon)

>Granted you could have used Lts and Captains for rerolls, but I doubt you were wrecking 2 RB a turn... unless your army was nothing BUT Hellblasters

Chaos Daemons are my favorite, Nurgle specifically. I always thought there was an overarching storyline going on but is it primarily just read what you want about your faction?

I highly recommend starting with Eisenhorn. It's very light on grimdark (comparatively, at least) and is an excellent set of books. The followups, the Ravenor series, is a bit more of a toss-up, but I liked them.

There's also the Gaunt's Ghosts series, if you want some guardsmen goodness, and in that same category are the Ciaphas Cain novels (with a lot more humor added in).

Welp, last four electropriests may or may not have a horrible skin pox. Was rebuilding armoured limbs with greenstuff after cutting off greaves and such, and the greenstuff was a little lumpy and dust/plastic fragments kept getting stuck to it.
Hopefully I can sort it in the morning so it won't look terrible when primed.

Next year. The start of it methinks. The current coming books are focusing on the loyalist march towards Terra

Unless you could get to Rapid Fire Range... which if you could always be in Cover AND get to 15"... that's an impressive amount of cover you got.

what if not all psykers knew smite?

Are women more likely to be tainted by Chaos?

Doesn't Move Move Move forbid charging in the same turn?

Browsed all the 40K threads and couldn't find it, so I'm asking. Does anyone have the Berzerker drinking coffee reaction pic?

>Khorne cares not from where the blood flows, only that it flows...

It does, but I assume he Valk'd in the T1 Charges and T2 the Guardsmen were in Rapid Fire / Charging range for the follow up

I wanted to make a warband that used all of the gods' troops, or at least had a little bit of everything, but Black Legion tactics felt uninspiring and the "Renegades" legion, while great for insuring charges sans warptime, denies you access to veterans of the long war. So, of the unmarked legions, that leaves Iron Warrior, Word Bearers, Alpha Legion and Night Lords, of which Alpha Legion seems the standout.

When are we getting books about the unification of Terra?

Exactly.
Yeah you can't charge. I just had everything in his face turn 1 between all the deepstriking and running. Had to order the officers too. Bullgryn valk charging is savage.

Freebleeding is appropriately Nurgle themed as well.

Some have more blood flow than others if you take my meaning?

I'd like a reasonable name for my Astra Militarum Company commander

Captain

Nothing too memeish please. Dubs get special consideration.

Chaos really doesn't care about who worships them only how they are worshiped.

>I'd like a reasonable name
>Nothing too memeish
>Dubs only get special consideration
No. You'll get shit names and you'll like it.

Honk.

>Granted you could have used Lts and Captains for rerolls, but I doubt you were wrecking 2 RB a turn... unless your army was nothing BUT hellblasters

Well a large portion of my 2000 points was hellblasters but yes having corner deployments, central objectives and an eager opponent who drove right into rapid fire range let me get them down pretty quick.

Not that hard to get 5 man units toe in on ruins t b h.

Anyone knows where can i find the anthology "the everliving legion" in pdf format? It has a lot of necron in it and many of the books inside are not in the megas above as far as i can see.

Aren't you the same faggot who tried to say all FW models were OP yesterday?

Probably once BL decides they've milked the HH dry.

>nothing too memish
>dubs only get consideration
Well what's the fun in that? Go to Reddit for real serious names

>Happy that Bullgryn are so stronk now
>Sad that it makes Ogryn essentially redundant as hell.
Seriously. Tell me why I should use them over Bullgryn

Fine. Give me your worst.

Fluff-wise, would a renegade Dark Angels chapter ever ally with the Fallen, or is the programmed enmity just too strong?

Prince Nigger Jew
Son of King Nigger Jew

Ah gotcha, misunderstood. I am silly.

>Captain Lazarus "Lascannon" Lohengrin

Cory Feldman likes 40k?

>would a renegade Dark Angels chapter ever ally with the Fallen, or is the programmed enmity just too strong?
Only the Inner Circle know of the Fallen. If something happened to the Chapter's 1st, 2nd Companies and the Command then the chapter wouldn't even know of The Hunt

Might be the first guys they run to

Just hasnt been the same since he lost Cory

Captain M'butu M'bala

Queen Nigger Jew

Do you have him painted? If you already do and post him it might help.

youtube.com/watch?v=58485iFaX98

Im sad too. There's no reason other than price. Sure you can get 5 Ogryn for cheaper than 4 Bullgryn but they still won't be worth it. They need a better gun to be worth it, but if you make their gun better then they are too cheap. Their problem is they have no AP for shooting or close combat and their guns have short range. Even if you made the guns 24 inches they still have no AP and still have 5+ saves. The guns have to be at least 18 inches at -1AP to be worth it to me and they won't get changed.

Women are more hormonal thus more easily swayed by emotions. They also are more likely to try to seek peaceful resolutions to conflict, which is a dangerous path when comes to chaos

and the inner circles of ALL their successor chapters.

Dont think theyre in the megas, search in google mediafire and the book title, should bring up old threads with the sources in them
Do you happen to know which short stories they are that continue the dark imperium arc?

weak
Use one of these instead:
W.E.B du Fucboi
Jo Sweden, "Male Ally"
Noam Choadsky

40k background

LOL HILARIOUS