Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1707:Papa Bones is Watching

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchanCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/ircrizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>To Upload Pastebin
pastebin.com/85Zs34rP

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/y962Ss46oS0
discordant.com/invite/454MMUS
discordapp.com/invite/454MMUS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Re-iterating the question from this, and here's Tetsuwan.

Gonna keep trawling my files to see if there's anything else missing.

OAA where were you when Illidan GTFO Windchime-Prime?

youtu.be/y962Ss46oS0

(Also you messed up the numbering OP )

>when you read the jump for the 10th time and you finally get the joke
>when you were supposed to sing the perk name and text to the tune of the theme song

These ever happen to you?

Ah that is too bad, you did the best you could and that is good enough for me, thank you. Hope RL starts treating you well soon, good luck.

Much thanks, OP.
Same to you, OA.
That's how it started.

Jump 1: Pokemon
Free Stuff: Bag, Hat, 5x Pokeballs, 3x Potions, Pokegear, Pokedex
Origin: Drop-In
Starter: Eevee (Gender: Female, Nature: Lax)
Perks:
Physical Fitness [900]
Survival Training [800]
Champ In The Making [500]

Items:
50k Pokedollars [450]
Motorcycle [350]
Laptop [250]
Medical Kit [200]
3x Master Balls [100]
Echorecorder [0]

My head hurts, but awareness slowly comes back to me. My entire body feels cold and my first conscious action is to cough and gasp for air, my lungs empty of all water and the feeling of oblivion disappearing. I was alive. Oh my god, I was alive. "Oh god, oh god, oh shit, what the fuck…what the fuck…" Incoherent curses and mumbling escaped my lips, before I gripped my own throat after noticing something.

My voice sounded different. No, my entire body felt different. I looked down at myself. My shirt and my jeans were now too big for me, still soaked and stained from the portside waters. I scrambled and pulled at the rim of my shirt, stretching it in front of me. There were two bloodstained holes where my wounds had been, but the wounds themselves were completely gone.

My arms felt and looked stronger, same as my legs…and I had lost several pounds as well as a few inches. I hugged myself and almost wept, my body shaking with fear and relief. I was here. I was alive. How, I didn't care. I just knew I wasn't dead…or at least, I hadn't just disappeared into nothingness like I feared my entire life.

Which led to the question: How did I survive? Did I survive? And where was I?

Looking around me, I saw I was sitting on a grassy clearing, surrounded by trees as the shining sun hung high above me. The air was warm. More than that, it was crisp and clean, more than I was used to after spending most of my life so close to the city. How did I get here?

...what jump?

Also no.

>Discord
discordant.com/invite/454MMUS

Bit of a typo there friend!

discordapp.com/invite/454MMUS

Is it really a typo when it's more accurate?

Thinking about podding Kane how good or bad of an idea is this?

Is this another case of 'Illidian WFT you did something stupid again!' or is he actually in the right for once?

It's somehow both at the same time.

Because on the one hand, suck it Xe'ra you condescending smug-ass chandelier.

On the other hand, Illidan stop breaking shit that isn't yours you glory-hounding shithead.

is the irc broken for everyone?

Xe'ra seemed to exist just to shill Illidan.
But Illidan is a complete fuckhead.
So they can all burn in a hell.

Yup. Artie finally put it to rest, huh?

A bad one. Kane is very good at the short term, but very, VERY bad at the long term. If you want to hold together an organization, he can do that amazingly. If you want that organization to be successful, he's going to fail every time.

Nope. Just you. I'm on right now.

>Stop breaking shit

She was gonna enslave him & use him as a puppet forever. He told her that he once traded freedom for power but never again. Then eyeblasted her to ash.

He basically told her to GTFO he's in control of his own destiny.

See You big fat liar. Shame on you, Timmy. Shame!

Great Teacher Onizuka Jump when ?

Hey, just because it's not broken for you doesn't mean it's not broken for me. No need to be a dick about it.

Reposting from last thread because drama took it over.

What's a good way to be a Satanic Illuminati archetype? I'm talking having influence with the world elites, absurd amounts of money and economic pull, nobility, that stuff. Like with the Devil's Advocate with Al Pacino. Bonus points if there's ways to grant things if they sell you their souls or loyalty.

We're well aware you're an apologist for all edgy-as-fuck characters, we don't need reminders.

He feels kinship with the edgelords.

This is the guy whose first post-spark plan was running an interdimensional school that abducted children and put them through hellish training regimes, and those who died had short-term clones (of the students in question) sent to their parents bearing the bad news.

So I could use a bit of help on the jump I am working on. It's been probably the toughest jump I have worked on and right now I think it's reached the point where I could use some outside input on ways to improve it. I think It needs a lot of improving. Here is the rough draft.

There are several perks that would start you as part of the Iluminati or with lots of shady contacts, at least. There's one in Legacy of the Aldenata, though I can't remember its name. Plenty of others, too, that's just the first that comes to mind. And Funniest Fantasy in Jorge Joestar can make you the President of the United States, that's got plenty of potential for back room dealing. As for people selling you their souls, Ghost Rider. There's a perk line for being the devil, perfect for that.

>Good is bad!

>No need to be a dick about it.
Where do you think you are? I am obligated to be a dick to you, it would be rude to not be. In turn you are entitled to be a dick to me. Go ahead and be a dick to me; its only good manners. I'd be offended if you didn't, which actually would mean that you would be a dick without being a dick... bravo.

interesting
write quicker pls

"…hello?" I asked. My voice still sounded different. I stumbled onto my feet, trying to keep my shirt and jeans on even as they stood loose. I scanned the ground around me for any source of clues, but instead found several things stacked into a neat pile near me.

Having nothing else to do, I sift through them. A red mini-tablet of some kind, a blue phone, a hat and…wait. Wait, I recognize these symbols. Pokemon? Had I stumbled into someone's stash of merchandise? No, there was no one else around me. There weren't even footprints in the dirt I could follow, just grass and more grass. I'd think it was an accident until I saw a fucking motorcycle parked against a tree. The hat was also a perfect fit for my head, like it was made for me.

Bewildered and trying to find my apparent Pokemon fanatic of a savior, I picked up what I could and put them into the backpack, figuring it would be better in one spot instead of on the ground. There was also a large stack of cash included inside of it…I would have been overjoyed or terrified if not for them having matching symbols, figuring it was just Pokemon-themed play money. Like Monopoly dollars, you know? My plan was to wait for someone to show up, but I realized that plan would likely go nowhere. The key was still in the ignition. So they either left me here in hopes I wouldn't somehow take their motorcycle…or they had left this here for me.

Too many questions and so few answers, with me shivering a bit from the cold clothes I was wearing, I didn't want to stick around much longer. I was about to just walk the motorcycle out and try to find my way to civilization when I heard panicked cries nearby. Like a rabbit was being wounded and was pleading for help. After some hesitation, I forced myself to run to the source of the sound.

Hmmm, yeah that's fair. I may not have explained it in the best way possible.

You're right on that, your analogy makes more sense than what I was using in my head to explain how it works.

Does the 'You WIll Never Be The Jumper' not say anything about Scenarios?

I like it! Write at your own pace buddy.

Is Mnemon a valid option for your Exalted Sifu in Dragonbloods?

Added canon companion option and new drawback.

Why do you want that?

do the newer Power Rangers series still take their action scene footage from Japanese shows?

Wonder what the knife is gonna say about that.

For the most part, but america started making their own footage as early as season 2 of might morphin power rangers.

Probably "I told you so!" then she'll ask you to go join the Old Gods.

Instinct took over when I saw some birds pecking away at something they were gathered around in a circle. I could spot some blood on their beaks and whatever was between them was flailing in agony. I immediately ran forward and waved my arms around threateningly, kicking one of the birds for good measure before they scattered off into the distance.

Then I looked down, seeing a wounded, very much real Eevee down where they had been pecking. Its beady black eyes look up at me, almost pleadingly. It was hurt and resting on its side. I stared in shock for a moment, some distant part of my brain screaming at me about what this meant and what had happened to me. But right now, something was hurt and I had to do something about it. Carefully, with some hesitation, I reached out and picked up the small little ball of fluff. They didn't bite or try to escape, just whimpering softly.

"Sssh, it's okay, it's okay…not gonna hurt you, I promise." I said to the small creature. Okay. I'm possibly in an actual Pokemon…world, right now. How I went from being murdered to here is a mystery. But sitting around here asking questions all day obviously isn't working. If I'm right, this lil' thing needs a Pokemon Center. If not, they need a vet. I could use the potions I have but I have no idea how to properly apply them or what I'm supposed to do. But I also have no idea where I am or where to find help!

Remembering something, I reached into my bag with one hand and took the Pokedex out and opened it up. There was a map function, and there was a town just a short walk away from where I was. Taking a deep breath and walking the motorcycle along with me, not wanting to risk riding it when I had no idea how, I began my trek to Cherrygrove City.

Well they could want to learn how to be tentacle raped like she was.

I thought it was Mnemon's daughter that keeps getting raped by demons.

>ask you to join the Old Gods

have you heard her voice lines? She's scornful and snarky to them and their minions.

For the most part yes, it is still just redubbing the scenes. There has been plenty of original footage in Power Rangers, though, due to costume changes or additional characters or setting adaptations in the American version. Like, seasons 2 and 3, those were adapted from Dairanger and Kakuranger but kept the Zyuranger suits for the sake of brand identity, so they had to reshoot all the non-Megazord fight scenes. Or Light Speed Rescue, where they added an entirely new ranger to the team, the Silver Ranger did not exist in the original and the space shuttle robot was AI-controlled. There are a bunch of other examples, too, those were just the first that came to mind. Like RPM, they changed the premise of that season drastically from the Sentai season they adapted it from (Engine Sentai Go-Onger is a lighthearted show about transdimensional sapient race cars, Power Rangers RPM is a surprisingly bleak post-apocalyptic struggle for survival), so they had to do tons of original footage there.

Void Lords then, whatever. She's aligned on that axis regardless. Maybe she'll just want you to go kill someone so she can have an orgasm, I dunno.

She doesn't know any of the Immaculate Dragon Style, so that part's a bust... but otherwise she seems to fit the bill?

Because she's basically the most skilled sorcerer you're going to find amongst the Dragon-Blooded, and one of their most powerful elders?

What?

No. That would be the Scarlet Empress' youngest daughter, which would be Mnemon's much-younger half-sibling.

>Because she's basically the most skilled sorcerer you're going to find amongst the Dragon-Blooded, and one of their most powerful elders?
Yeah but she's a bitch.

Well, yes. Most of the older Dragon-Blooded are scheming assholes though, so you're not missing out much by picking her.

Sorry man, I got nothing. Don't know the setting, and what's there looks fine.

We have anything that allows you to train up your base magical "power" or otherwise connects it to a stat that can be trained?

Leaky Limiter from mushoku tensai I think

Yes, many.

So, in the absence of anyone noticing any big mistakes now, I'm declaring this done. I might add some more drawbacks in the future but for now this is complete. I made some spelling corrections, though, so Heavens, if you wouldn't mind, could you replace the version currently in the pastebin with this one? Sorry if this is an inconvenience, it's just those errors bugged me and I wanted to fix them.

Also, to the user asking about taking the MC as a companion while also taking the perk that has you replace him, you can, but he will no longer have the power of Bel, Also, he's your brother now. Have fun with that.

Never mind, that's just mana. I'm dumb.

Nah, mana capacity isn't the same thing. Stuff like the Fortify (School) line of potions in TES, which increase the strength of spells for the same cost. And I'm more looking to improve it for systems which use a resource other than mana.

Such as?

The System from Generic Isekai is the only thing that comes to mind.

The Light isn't good. The Void isn't evil. They're two primordial forces that require one another to exist.

>The Void isn't evil
It's like you don't know anything about the lore at all.

How is this a surprise?

Alright, well I appreciate the feedback anyways. Perhaps I was being a bit to harsh on it and just maybe it's closer to done than I thought.

Here is another question, should I bother with 50 cp items and discounted perks to make them 50 cp or should I just make stuff 100 cp and give away more free stuff?

>Taking that kind of 'challenges'

SB is the other way, pal

I'd personally like there to be a bit more information on the setting and what these Pretenders do in the intro?

Drop-In's missing a 200cp perk?

>Not only do you have a genius intellect but you’re learning rate is absurd.
*your

Can't say much more, having never heard of this series before.

Put the Eye of Set from S&S into your body and keep refining it?

I wouldn't mind seeing her in the throne. Also,

If Life is the opposite of Death, why is Light supereffective on undead and not Nature?

It must have looked a little scary, watching someone in poorly-fit clothing walking a motorcycle into town while carrying an injured Eevee while sporting evidence of two bullet wounds. I looked like hell and I didn't bother hiding it, not helped by how humid the air felt…was it Summer here? Forcing myself to swallow what modesty and pride I had, I walked over to one of the locals and asked where the Pokemon Center was. As if realizing my plight, they quickly pointed the way and led me inside.

I didn't find Nurse Joy in front of the stand, but a more generic-looking nurse - short dark hair, a pair of glasses. She didn't even look that much older than me. She scans my appearance up and down and I can see her face cringe slightly. Yeah, nice welcome, lady. I take the key out of the motorcycle and set it outside before I walk through the sliding glass door, stumbling a bit to make sure my clothes didn't fall off.

"Please…please, can you help? It's hurt."

The nameless nurse would quickly take the Eevee from me before looking at me curiously. "Why are they out of their Pokeball? Isn't this yours?"

"N-no, I just found them on the road…I didn't know what to do, so I brought them here." I admit.

"What about you?" She asked, pointing with one finger at the two bloodstains on my shirt. Right. That was an issue. I shook my head, brushing it off.

"I'm fine. Just…help them. Please?"

She gives me a strange look before looking at the Eevee, and then nodding once. "Just a moment." Then, she walked out of sight with the small Pokemon, leaving me alone in the waiting room with nothing but myself, my loose clothes, and a few people giving me strange looks.

I don't really blame them.

Repostin'.

What jumps give you the abilities of an god, more specifically an Egyptian one?

I usually do the 100cp freebies thing, but that basically comes down to taste at this point.

You could go Magician in Percy Jackson, or be a Demigod and have an Egyptian god as one of your parents.

You could also try Age of Mythology to get some boons from them.

So is NiGHTS a boy or a girl?

Depending on what you mean by Egyptian gods power: Percy Jackson, Smite, Stargate, YuGiOh, Warhammer Fantasy Tomb Kings, and Age of Mythology

Who knows. Its Blizz.

No genitals.

Alright, thank you I can work with that. Yeah apparently I missed a perk I'll have to add something there.

Unified Focus from Overlord ties strength to magical power and vice-versa, at the cost of losing one when you lose the other.

Up to you. Canonically, they're genderless, but that's because the team that made NiGHTS wanted to leave it open for people's own interpretations. So, do you want NiGHTS to be a guy? Then he's a guy. Girl? Then she's a girl. I always saw NiGHTS as feminine myself, especially in Journey to Dreams (where, ironically enough, they were usually referred to as a guy because the English translation team had no way to denote NiGHTS being genderless), but that's just me.

I mean, Reala is canonically genderless as well, but it's fairly obvious he's a guy. Same thing with Puffy, who has boobs and a female opera voice.

So is the DA revision dead now?

Upgrade from Generic Isekai lets you spend mana to upgrade anything but not learn how to do things. Stands to reason magic power works, use Leaky Limiter from Mushoku Tensei to expand capacity at the same time since costs go up.

Could you break seals set by others with Funijutsu Prodigy?
How about making tech that runs off of chakra?
Golems? Nested golems?

A little bit of time passes with me sitting on the bench of the waiting room, several trainers and people keeping a safe distance from me before the nurse walked back into view, something clutched in her hand. It was the Eevee, who sprang to life upon catching sight of me, leaping out of her arms and into my lap. I stood up straight and looked a bit surprised before its tiny paws rested on my chest and it started licking my face.

The Nurse had a small smile on her face. "Well, whether or not she's your Pokemon, she seems to like you."

The Eevee would then hop off of me and walk along the bench, sniffing around it before I looked at the Nurse. "I, uh…I guess so." I said with an awkward laugh. Then the Nurse would give me a more serious look.

"If you don't mind me asking…" She motioned to me. "What on earth happened to you?"

Good question. I explain my situation as best as I can. She looks at me incredulously the whole time, especially when I mention there being a huge pile of stuff nearby that I ended up taking. I wondered if she was contemplating calling the police in those moments, which made me worry. Meanwhile, my new and small friend would walk around the bench and the waiting room at a lazy pace before sitting down next to me again.

"…interesting." Was all she said once my story was finished.

"I'm…just as confused as you are, I promise."

"So you didn't take someone's clothes, belongings, and motorcycle after shooting them and picking up an injured Eevee." She asked flatly in a tone that just said 'seen it all'. It was kind of scary. Like looking into the gaze of a dead fish. Or…Magikarp, in this case?

"N-no, nothing like that, I promise! I wouldn't have come here if that were the case!" I asked, my hands flailing in front of her.

I mean actual mythological egyptian gods.

While I'm at it, are there any amnesia drawbacks for a jump set in modern Earth?

This is the current version, not 2.9

The Void is just absence of Light. They can't exist without one another. Void Lords & Old Ones could be considered evil because they wish to corrupt/destroy material plane.

The N'aaru for most part are pretty good windchimes. However the Light isn't good or evil. It can be used for evil, just as Void can be used for good.

Xe'ra was wrong to try to force her vision of Illidan. She also was a royal bitch. So she wasn't good at all. Especially considering the Legion is just the distraction.

Anyone know of any ways to store mana for later use?

>time passes
>nurse walked back
You've got to pick a tense and stick to it, doll.

Might wanna add The System, too, so you have an actual, objective "magic power" quality to Upgrade.

thanks for covering my ass.

FUCK YOU I TYPE WHATEVER TENSE I WANT

I keep getting that mixed up. It's a problem with my stuff, especially when I write on the fly like this. My bad, user.

Don't you worry about it sugar jugs.

No biggie. There are definitely worse worse members of your... community when it comes to that.

>What?

I guess I should say, are there any jumps set in modern Earth with an amnesia drawback?

That's official art by the way.

It's customary to thank people when they've given you useful information just to be helpful

you ungrateful fuck

Well, if you're after ideas for more 600's:

Center operatives have some weird relationship with Jarod, so maybe bad guys always leave you clues, or no matter how good they are at blending in you're always only a few steps behind whoever you're looking for.

Drop Ins could have something like 'antiheroes are looking out for you' or something. idk.
You're right it's kinda tricky to balance out.
Obviously the Pretenders have the most personal advantages in the setting. Center operatives have training and resources at their disposal. And if drop ins are just 'normal people', their only advantage is really just 'they're everywhere'.
Actually maybe that might be a good lower level perk (400?). You just always seem to be wherever the protagonists are?

When you fail at reading comprehension enough to offer Stargate and Tomb Kings (which only has an Egyptian aesthetic), then you shouldn't expect people to give thanks for your ineffective "help".

you hostile fuck

I think you need to calm down a little dude. He asked what I meant by Egyptian gods, and I clarified.