/aosg/ Age of Sigmar General

Aelves from the realm of Shadow are inevitable edition.

Resources
>pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

General's Handbook 2017 (pdf)
>mega.nz/#!C5BSgTDK!Sx74f87D86frlU0NZ1XKyGP0WEgar52X1Hatj1OA5y0

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

Army builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Previously on /aosg/: >55111517

Other urls found in this thread:

17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/AoS_FAQ_The_Rules_v1.2.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

old

Let's try again:
Allegiance: Skaven Skryre
Leaders
Arch Warlock (140)
- General
- Trait: Deranged Inventor
- Artefact: Vial of the Fulminator
Warlock Engineer (100)

3 x Stormfiends (300)
3 x Stormfiends (300)
3 x Stormfiends (300)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (70)
Doomwheel (130)
Doomwheel (130)
Doomwheel (130)

Allies: Verminus
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear

What do you think /tg?

I can't decide between Zombie Dragon or Terrorgheist.

Reminder to throw away your obsolete armies that will never be updated again, like iron jawz, seraphon, free peoples, slaanesh, and but Stormcast Eternals today!

Slaanesh just got new allegiance stuff, could you at least try when you shitpost?

Different user, but that reminds me: Does anyone know how easy it is to put the Dragon Zombie head on the Terrorgeist-posed body and neck? Or another head entirely, like Arkhan's mount?

You're replying to him, so he used just as much effort as was necessary. Does nobody listen when told not to feed the trolls?

Terrorgheist is strictly better.

As nice a model as he is, I don't get the point of Horticulous. His damage is mediocre, his buffs are very specific and limited and his damage ability forces him to choose between fighting or maybe causing a few mortal wounds. Coupled with a cost of 200pts I really don't know what to do with him.
Massed Beasts of Nurgle, I guess, but they aren't exactly amazing even with those buffs, nevermind their one garbage old model.

>As nice a model as he is, I don't get the point of Horticulous.
You just answered your own question.

Is that really it, then? A good miniature with shitty rules? Because that's kinda sad.

Maybe they really intended for him to have great rules and goofed, and they'll fix him in time. But when you get down to it, GW sells AoS miniatures, not AoS rules. Their priorities are arranged appropriately.

Remind me again why there's no such thing as a Vampire Lord on Terrorgheist.

What about Abhorrant Ghoul King on Terrorgheist or Zombie Dragon?

I wouldn't say his rules are shitty. His profile is respectable to say the least.

It seems like he was made for the future Nurgle book, and we don't have the full picture yet. His damage is just okay (it's his attacks that hold him back) and he's tough as hell, but he only makes Nurgle beasts slightly less shitty.

Does this game have sufficient amounts of rattle?

Does this game have sufficient amounts of dooting?

The fact that there's only 5 units with the keyword "Deathrattle" on it suggests the opposite.

Not updated yet, I guess. But I'm sure they'll eventually get it.
Still Terrorgheist. It fights better, farts mortal wounds all over the place and has a good spell.
The dragon has a slightly more potent spell (if you manage to set it up properly, but he's worse otherwise.

How does 121 skeletons at 1000 points sound?

That depends on how egregiously over-priced they are?

£15.50 for 10 Skeleton Warriors, so £62 per unit of 40.

3 units of 40, plus a Wight King to lead them will come to £195. All for a meme list.

If you want to make a more serious army though, there is the new Deathrattle Barrow Lords set that gives you the King, 10 Grave Guard and 5 Black Knights for £40. The box comes to 320 points. It is worth having at least one max sized hoard of skeletons so, that is 600 points for £102, and you can do what you want for the other 400 points. Couldn't hurt to get a couple more Wight Kings, since you can arm them differently, or make them carry a buff-banner or ride on a spooky horse.

Remember guys
>Hide samecast shitposters
>Report stormkike shitposting
>Ignore SCE false flagging
Keep the thread clean and don't give any (you)s to cheetahfag. If something looks like a bait it's just a bait

His profile is okay-ish, but for that price I'd expect something like the shear being '6 to wound causes d3 mortal wounds instead' or just flat Damage 3.
He's decently tough, two decent saves and 8 wounds can go a long way, but, again, he costs a lot.
And M5" isn't going to impress anyone.

Don't forget he can heal himself when a unit dies within 7 inches as well.

I guess if you like beasts of nurgle he is a god send, but I imagine that isn't exactly the majority of people.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it possible to take a garden of mor as a scenery option in your army?

>got into the hobbie at Christmas
>painted the skaven spire of dawn box set, a warpfire thrower, poisoned wind mortar, grey seer, a warlord, 20 plague monks and bought a warp lightning cannon, doomwheel, screaming bell, thanquol, the skaven pestilence start collecting box since then.
>mixed skaven are now shit

thanks gw

You can't. Lots of scenery have rules, but that is if you are simply using it in your game. The closest you can get to taking scenery is the ability to summon Wyldwoods or Balewind Vortexes.

I hope you magnetized your shit so now you can build a small pestilens army. Same story here - I'm gonna play only 1000pts and skirmish games for now. I have 2 spire of dawn boxes and a cannon so it's just okay for 1k pts skryre army (I will proxy acolytes with clanrats and call it a day)

shit forgot to mention i got 6 stormfiends aswell

>6 stormfiends
>SoD box
>WLC
>DW
Mate, you have everything you need to play 1000pts skryre. I know that mixed-clan is fun as hell but you should also try to play mono- if you already have models

So how much does the new generals handbook change things? Any armies buffed up or any armies nerfed to shit? What is the general the list?

Fuck off Pestilens stink-thing.

Play Skryre. Take your Clanrats as allies for cheap bodies, and let your weapon teams and Stormfiends murder everything!

Compendium armies got shit on, and the only ones surprised were Compendium fags. Battalions got a point increase. Grand Alliance Allegiances were mostly nerfed, especially Death and Destruction. Chances are your army or the army you're interested in came out just fine, if not picking up something. All the cheese is still cheese.

did wolf rats get cut or are they unchanged?
Also are they gud?

>Any armies buffed
Skryre and Pestilens for sure. Wanderers have cool allegiance abilities now
>any armies nerfed to shit
Mixed-skaven is pretty unplayable right now. If you wanted to base your army on clanrats battleline then you are fucked

Wanderers are awesome now.

Big units of Glade guard with the -3 rend bows rape shit, and the save of the Eternal guard can get stupid good for defense.

I just ordered 2 boxes of Glade guard, 2 boxes of eternal guard, and a Sylvaneth SC box for allies.

Shield wall with the melee guys and pew pew with the bows from behind

And for clarity's sake, the biggest thing Verminus had going for them got removed in the GHB. Skaven party time is still ongoing (200 points for 40 clanrats lol) but Verminus has to wait for a while.

I was thinking about a Nomad prince, glade guard box and sisters of the thorn as a starting bundle and a small force for skirmish and then a second glade guard box and eternal guard for variety

Rip new thread. Reposting

Right. Looking for legit thoughts, not any forced memes. I've been out of AoS for a while and would enjoy playing with what I've got collecting dust finally.

Wanting to try this our for a 2k list:

>General: Lord Aquilor

-Knight Venator
2 - Relictor

2 - 5x Judicators with bows
1 - 5x Vanguard Hunters

1 - 9x Longstrike Raptors
1 - 5x Protectors
1 - 3x Palladors
1 - 3x Hammer prosecutors with axe

Just picked up my first box of skellymens, do you go for spear or sword? How much is that inch worth?

Spear without a question.

>How much is that inch worth?
Ask your mother.

In all seriousness, Skeleton Warriors are meant to be taken in hoards. That extra inch means you are getting an entire rank into combat range. You should be able to get most of your skeletons into attack range against units of 10 if they have spears.

That inch is worth roughly x2 your current attacks

And you want to take skellies in hordes since they go up to three attacks in blocks of 30

can you use allies as battleline?
like clanrats as battleline in a skyre force?

Question: Where do you find most recent army lists played in tournaments? Is there something like a Top8 like there is for MTG? I'm trying to find out if certain builds for my army are viable before I put anything together.

You can but you wouldn't be able to maintain Skyre allegiance. So not really, no.

swords for small groups

spears for big groups

I'm a bit confused about how multiple hand weapons work. A Chaos Warrior for example with 2 hand weapons as far as I can tell should have 4 attacks. The fluffy text says it's allowed to have 2 hand weapons and the stats for a single hand weapon grant 2 attacks. It seems wrong and I have a feeling it is but can anyone shed any light on this matter?

Also- When a unit can have mixed weapons for example some carry double handed weapons and some carry shields, are you able to role for your save or whatever bonus the shield grants for every potential casualty in the unit (assuming the shield bearer is picked as the final casualty). If that's the case wouldn't it be the most efficient to do exactly this?

>Chaos Warrior for example with 2 hand weapons as far as I can tell should have 4 attacks
no, read the warscroll again

>When a unit can have mixed weapons for example some carry double handed weapons and some carry shields
you assign wounds to a model in the unit, so yes you can choose a model with a shield first

but once a model is wounded you must keep applying wounds to it until it is slain

You are now aware that pic related has a 2+ save if you give him the first free peoples artifact OR mystic shield.

Stormkek ally is obsolete

all stormcast units are easily capable of getting to 2+ rerolling 1s

whats your point

Wait, I thought that last rule only applied to a single unit's attacks. So if you have unit of 3 wound models, and it takes 2 damage from one enemy unit, and 1 damage from another, you could spread it out

Stormkeks are the heaviest armored dudes in the game, and a mere humie can get the same save as them

Yeah it says some wield Chaos Handweapons
>handweapons
>weapons
>s

The stat in the Warscroll is for "Chaos Hand Weapon" - Not weapons.

And if you're talking about the latter half it says Chaos hand weapon in each hand.

no

you must allocate wounds to a damaged model

read the special abilities, it tells you what happens if you have more than one handweapon equipped

some warscrolls give more attacks, others give you a different bonus like reroll hit rolls

read the warscroll

If you have a wounded model in a unit, that model must be chosen for all future wounds until it's dead. Extra wounds, if any, spill over to a new model in that unit of your choice.

Ignore him, you fucking idiot.

As far as I can tell the rule doesn't negate the fact that it has 2 attacks for each hand weapon. It just means it's even better.

you are real dumb

You are being intentionally stupid at this point.

There is not a single rule that says he gets double attacks. When a model has more than one weapon they can use, the weapons with both have different profiles.
In the case of Chaos Warriors, if you arm them with two weapons, they have 2 attacks, but they benefit from the "Berserk Fury" rule, which lets them reroll 1s to hit. That is all.

Also, page 4 of the up to date FAQ:
"Q: What happens if I have two of the same weapon? Do I double the number of attacks made by the weapon?
A: If models are armed with identical weapons they do not double the number of attacks, but will usually gain an extra ability instead."
17890-presscdn-0-51-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/AoS_FAQ_The_Rules_v1.2.pdf

Or are you going to decide the official FAQ is wrong.

Why don't Suckcast have cool codpieces?

They don't have to overcompensate.

>just

>5 total units
>mr bone's mild ride
>the ride ends soon

Because having a codpiece was usually a sign of having a venereal disease/a rotted off dick.

Actually it is because eventually large cod pieces were used to store small amounts of food, or coins, as well as simply looking amusing.

Are Pink Horrors able to create Blue Horrors still or do you need to have the points in reserve?

How does this work exactly? And along the same lines, If you've lost x amount of points during the course of a game can you use spells to animate more models up to but not exceeding your army's total points value?

They were for rich people to hold coins you peasant

Shhhh let me trick the newfags

>have the points in reserve
Yes, u still have to pay. However, a few improvement in chaos faq, once u created a new unit(blue or brimstone), it assume that the starting size of that unit is 10.

And what about taking the points from units that have been slain? Can you add models provided it doesn't go over the 1000 pt cap?

And what about resurrecting slain models?

I heard rumors that the guys on Warhammer TV mentioned a "different" kind of Beast of Nurgle? Something like that?

We still haven't seen the model for the weird Tyranid-looking Nurgle beasts in the artwork with Mortarion.

I'm hoping for whatever that is to be a new Beast of Nurgle kit. Maybe we aren't seeing the bigger picture yet.

I'm trying to be optimistic because I really like the sculpt and want him to be playable without having to proxy.

No, no and no.

No free stuff in matched play.

>resurrecting slain models
U can replenish slain model in unit, but not beyond the starting size.

Are maggoth lords kinda shitty against seraphon?

Whoregotts deamonspew is good

Why is the Horned Rat so shit?

He ruined everything by becoming a Chaos God. In my headcanon the Horned Rat doesn't really exist and it's just a ruse created by a collaboration between Tzeench, Nurgle and Khorne, pretending in turn to be a 4th Chaos God to not increase the number of gods back to 4 after Slaanesh got BTFO.

why the animosity against people with old armies? its getting to the point of "fucking oldfags REEEE"

Because they bitch the most

Maybe.
Have you read Liber Chaotica?
In it they say Khaine (elves god of murder) is really just Khorne but they don't know it.

Isn't he the one who's dad is a GUO?

I like them and respect them.
I like seeing someone who updated their army to rounds but has classic models. It's OG.
Check out this classic chaos champion. Badass.

Yea

my guy is so powerful that he secured boons from EACH choas god and rides a huge dragon and leads the most elite chaos warband and also he killed Slaanesh for being too weak and not evel enough

Here is the classic
MOON
A
N

Has anything major happened since the Cogfops got released?

The new generals handbook came out last week

Thinking about getting into seraphon. How are they after this update? I understand that they finally got special traits and and artifacts plus new ability to teleport anywhere. Does this raise their viability?

Is a skink based list possible and advisable?

Seraphon magic is amazing and they can even shut down tzeentch armies EZ

Didn't they retcon that in the End Times tho?

to me, it sounds you are the one fulfilling that role

Thats a cool looking model, I have something similar. I fine with updating an army as long as its still on the game. I mean, my main army was tomb kings, amd Im fine with that not being on the game, but if they also discontinue dispossesed then its goingt to get dissapointing.

Would you folks play Skirmish with a player who uses a lot of non-GW miniatures?

For my Freeguild I use Victrix models (Hoplites and Pikemen ATM) and they'll make up most of my Force with a handful of SCE.

Tzeentch is the current top tier right? The slann being able to dispell from anywhere seems really strong. And then they can teleport a unit anywhere. In an all skink list I would like to teleport a stegadon and a trogladon. The stegadon can alpha skink himself to move D6" closer to the enemy and then charge. And the trogladon can spit at its target and get +3" inches to his charge. Seems pretty powerful especially with shadow strike.

Elves when

Bretonnian when?