EDH/Commander General /edhg/

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Horrible place with primers, access at your own risk.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: Do you or anyone in your play group have a mono brown deck? What is good or bad about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-08-17-neheb/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-neverending-tempest/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Thread Question: Do you or anyone in your play group have a mono brown deck? What is good or bad about it?

No, but one in my group is building a Mayael the Anima eldrazi themed deck and i expect it to rape

Well I dunno about EDH but it seems like Legacy Merfolk might be getting some toys.

>Do you or anyone in your play group have a mono brown deck?
I have Karn and my friend has Kozilek 2.0
>What is good or bad about it?
His can be very slowly because of the lack of good rocks in his deck, and my Karn can feel very battlecruiser sometimes, in that I sometimes need to play a lot of defense before I can start mass animating and swinging

A friend of mine plays Newmrakul.
His only aim is to get out his Commander as many times as possible, and do as much stupid shit as he can with other people's turns.

He rarely manages to do anything of great import though.

I'm the colorless player in my group with Karn. I also play affinity and KCI combo in modern.

I need help.

Tell me he's at least put Ugin's Nexus under a Prototype Portal.

Play Grishoalbrand like a real man

>tfw no eldrino in ixalan

>tfw bought into affinity years ago because fetchlands were too expensive at the time
>tfw ravagers are now at 40$ a piece

This game is truly...something. a shame ravager isn't thst great in edh.

Same here. I had bogles alongside it, but sold it off for food money.

>Do you or anyone in your play group have a mono brown deck?
Actually, I do. OG Kozilek, because annihilator is just nasty.
>What is good or bad about it?
Well, it's basically mana rock tribal, so it can jump to an ungodly lead in a matter of a couple turns and leave people needing to answer a Kozilek on board on turn 3-5. That said, it's about as weak to Vandalblast/Merciless Eviction/Bane of Progress as a deck could possibly be, and it's very much a glass cannon in the early turns, so well placed disruption or hard aggro can really hurt me. I try to keep those weaknesses covered, but I don't get the tech to do so in every game. Still though, games either end with me obliterating some poor nerd's entire board, or a very close fight, win or lose.

>select all images that match the label: eraser
Kek

I want more mono-brown artifact commanders. Fuck Eldrazi.

I know edhrec doesn't have everything, but I'm looking at elves and why is this thing only ran in about %25 of elf decks? Being able to tap all your dorks the same turn you play them seems obscenely good and an autoinclude. It even came with the precon.

>Did the user with a bunch of the oversized sleeves build a giant tribal proxy deck yet?

Still working on it, trying to make it as GIANT as possible. Only problem is I already have a Boros deck so I want to go Gruul, but can't decide on a commander, but that negates all the good white giants.

Help.

Still mad I can't use Skysovereign as Commander for a totally fucky artifact ramp/to-tokens festival complete with Thopters, Servos, Snakes, Hornets, and various -moths.

How do I go about making Tasigur-"Ramp into Eldrazi" golden fang?

I can't wait for you to post the results

starting to pick up some staples. how am i doing so far? 1/3

2/3

3/3.

Some of these are for specific decks, but I'm finding that having the mana bases be more reliable makes for a lot nicer game play, even without the "best" win cons and so on.

This guy counts as a giant and gives ypu access to some nice black giants like grave titan. Your options for gruul are either rosheen or the lady of the mountain apparently.

>be at lgs with two friends playing edh
>one on mizzix one on rune I'm playing slightly buffed shitty jeleva precon
>finish game and this guy who is more ripped than anyone I could ever imagine asks to play with us
>surewhynot.png
>"are you all playing competitive or casual?"
>"casual, we're just hangin out"
>"alright. I won't play tazri."
>awkward silence.
>we shuffle up and roll, im on the play followed by new guy who is playing kozilek the great D
>"my turn 1 sucks." He says in earnest
>"don't worry mines not great either." I force a chuckle and play an akoum refuge.
>he smiles
>"well it's a little better than that."
>ancient tomb mana vault grim monolith gilded lotus winter orb
>o-ok
>spend next several turns getting anally brutalized until we all decide to scoop.

why tas? He brings nothing of value to ramp and having eldrazi in the deck means delve and his ability are worse.

Did you at least suck his dick?

Only Sultai commander I have, plus I gotta use my Villanous Wealth for something

Damia ain't expensive bruh.

Wanting to build hatebear tribal with pic related, any experienced anons care to tell me what I should expect? Please tell me its salty bitch tears.

Creatures are really good user. Look at your meta and you'll see what to expect. Either lots of noncreature decks and impotent rage or lots of creature decks and the impotent rage is yours.

You're gonna get smashed in the ass if there's a bunch of gods in your meta.

>captcha: drill

Even the website knows it

>Calling local Walmart and Target
>Nobody is stocking Commander 2017
>Stop at FUCKING GAMESTOP on whim
>They have exactly one deck, Cats
>Get it anyways

I mean, I preordered all 4, but Cats and Vampires are gifts to a couple of friends, and I want shit from both decks. I don't even care about Wizards.

I had thought about Teeg, but I realized I'd get absolutely pounded because my meta is a Beatdown Special. I plan on running him in the 99 of Mirri

with the new legendary planeswalker rule does that mean any plasneswalker can be a commander

Is you retarded user? Legendary CREATURES can be your commander. Elbrus couldn't be your commander before, and Ajani can't be your commander now. The exceptions are the C14 commanders that specifically say they can be your commander.

>creature based decks in commander
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TIMMIES GET OUT

We get a delayed shipment due to how our vendors work. Happens with everything except Standard releases, and even then it takes about 48 hours.

t. Wal-Mart worker

Just being legendary doesn't mean it can be your commander. Otherwise,grab my Boseiju's.

I had a guy do that same same with Elesh Norn, came up to my buddy and I just chilling. Ancient Tomb, Mana Vault, Basalt Monolith, Gilded Lotus, Mana Crypt. RIP into Helm of Obedience turn 1, all proxied. Congrats guy, you pubstomped Anax and Cymede and Jori En, good job.

Yeah, it's really just "dump all giants into a sideboard on decked then decide a commander after I throw what I want mainboard" right now.

>Ancient Tomb, Mana Vault, Basalt Monolith, Gilded Lotus, Mana Crypt. RIP into Helm of Obedience turn 1, all proxied.
>all proxied

Fair points. I think I'll have a decent time with it, though there's one guy I won't really be messing up at all, but I'll take that for a chance to BTFO a Narset.

Thankfully my meta doesn't run gods as commanders, and there are very few in the 99 of their decks.

I want to play a gay borderline cEDH reanimator Inalla deck.
I kinda want to stick into Wizards theme, tho. I'm thinking on going with 4 creature combos with Inalla and Ashnod's creatures, Dragon Mage and Magus of the Jar as targets.
I know a lot of people hates cEDH and I do too, but I'm running into many anal Kozileks and Gaddock that wants to rape my games into oblivion.
Can you guys help me out on techs and payoffs? I need "win the game" budget creatures and things that are not completely dead while allowing me to win with infinite mana, like buyback cards.

God I feel like a retard typing on the cellphone in english, forgive my internacional autism, friends.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-08-17-neheb/

Any suggestions on what to cut? I've still got 8 to go.

Have there been any enemy colour dual lands revealed for Ixalan?

Are there any recently released cards (not older than Theros) that would work as a cheap upgrade for the Feline Ferocity deck?
I'm going to buy Vampiric Bloodlust and just by looking at Ixalan spoilers I'm sure that I will have plenty of cheap cards to upgrade my deck soon - all these life-gain cards and tokens look great and I want to get them all badly but I don't want to start the arms race with my cat friend so we want to (and need to) keep our decks balanced

Kitties from Amonkhet

Inalla shipped with one of her best choices: Bloodline Necromancer. Wanderwine Prophets is a dubious 1-card infinite (though really you need something else to make it 'go' most of the time), and the other champion wizards (Changeling Berserker and Mistbind Clique) are of course combolicious. But I think you knew that already.

Regal Caracel, Adorned Pouncer, and Pride Sovereign are amazing. Appeal to Authority and Prepare to Fight can be good too. Anointed Procession doubles tokens, which works with all of the cats above and a bunch in the deck (and Bloodforged Battle-Axe).

LOL what an alpha

His main problem with the precon is going to be consistent draw. Elemental Bond, Rishkar's Expertise and Nissa, Vital Force are all good options. Look to Shapeshifters for some padding if needed.

How much grave hate do you guys usually pack? My group is pretty light on the graveyard shenanigans

3-4 grave hate cards usually, graveyard recursion is pretty big in my meta

What colors are you running? Black has Bojuka Bog, even better if you're in BG and can Crop Rotation into it, and also run Deathrite Shaman. In blue you can feel free to run a Trinket Mage package with Tormod's Crypt, Relic of Progenitus, and Grafdigger's Cage.

2-3 cards, usually. Ideally, it's something I can use on my own yard for a benefit, like Cemetery Reaper.

I run about 2, but I've been meaning to do three. Maybe more.

Or maybe make getting them more reliable. I don't run tutors.

I'd be in GW, so I'd have RIP and Wheel of Sun and Moon. I only worry about fucking myself over when I land a Sun Titan with nothing to recur

What's the best way to build pic related on a budget? Do I basically have to resort to infinites or what?

Have you thought about Honor the Fallen?

Um since Legendary planes walkers are a thing now, do you think we can use them as commanders?

How many times are you going to ask this question?

It's a very good card, especially if your commander has an activated ability. I think it's just older and slightly obscure so people don't know about as much.

I'm getting tired of this already.

Also any wincons? I think I could control the board quite well with her but do I just win with burn? Combo? Some big beatdown monster?

I usually play creature.dec so I have no idea how to play a spellslinger deck.

>my hand's not that great hurr durr

Sounds like he was sucking his own dick just fine without anyone's help.

Wait, someone actually asked this already?

Like half an hour before you.

>This meme will never go away

Thanks Wizards

And not just a half hour ago, but at least once every thread since the change was officially announced. And every other thread since legendary Jace was leaked people have been asking if legendary Planeswalkers could be a commander.

no, you are the first one ever since jace being legendary was spoiled like 4 5 months ago who asked this. I need to ask, how did you come up with such an original question?

With the rules of commander selection as currently written, no.

I haven't seen any indicating that they would change the rule.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/a-neverending-tempest/

How do I get more ramp into this? I keep having weird swings in the midgame where I explode but can't keep it up due to running out of fuel.

can we use planeswalkers as commanders now?

can you use Paradox engine as your commander because its legendary?

Yes

Can we use commanders as planeswalker now?

If your friends don't let you, then stop playing with them and call then fags

Yes, but only Tibalt.

Is Aether Vial worth a slot in EDH decks? What about Chalice of the Void? I recently found both from a very old box of cards I found in my attic

Well in theory at least five, possibly ten, but you have to transform a few....
We have to wait for more information from wotc beforeany more conclusions can be made.

They're both staples in other formats that don't do well in EDH since your deck has a larger probability space and you can't plan around having a few specific cards in your hand. Sell them off to modern or legacy players and buy some better EDH cards.

i'm not a fan of spellbook. reliquary tower and thought vessel are better. i'm not really sure what your decks plan is.

What's some stuff that can tap down new Mirri if I need to keep people from attacking me? Stuff like Earthcraft

Houldout Settlement, Springleaf Drum, Honor-Worn Shaku, Survivors' Encampment, Skysoverign, Consul Flagship.

Cryptolith Rite.

Draw/tutor for Aetherflux/Psychosis Crawler, or fall back on an extremely jank infinite turn combo. Thinking about putting Deadeye-Drake in for infinite mana and then drawing the whole deck out with Lab Man.

vehicles

also lots of things

Is there a judge lurking in this thread?

Chandra's ignition makes my targeted creature deal damage to all other creatures and to my opponents, right?

Question: Does it bypass protection from a color sharing from my creature? What about protection from creatures?

Well this is new. Anyone else seen this on tappedout?

So can I use a planeswalker as a commander now.

It's fucking stupid.

>put an extra basic in deck because I miscounted when punching it in
>deck goes up by 5% on the scale

Oh my god shut the fuck up and read where 20 other people asked the same fucking question.

aether vial is good in the right deck, and chalice is not as good. Locking out 1 or 2 might result in a bigger drop that normally isnt viable in other formats to take it out and enable the shenanigans you were trying to protect yourself from. A chalice on 2 stops cyclonic but it doesnt stop the ashen rider.

L1 here
If the opponent or creatures the opponent controls has pro green and your targeted creature is green protection will stop the damage

t. No. it doesn't bypass

i dunno the deck just kind of seems all over the place. there is some card draw but also some combat focussed cards. if you are gonna win through combos/resevoir i don't see why you need any combat oriented stuff? to me taigam seems best in a deck where you play huge impactful spells and protect him to keep things going.

getting a free disenchant doesn't really seem like a big enough upside. getting a free bribery seems way better. if you want more ramp look into mana doublers or infinite mana combos.

i also think you mana base is a bit wonky. i hate taplands. i generally run shocklands/checklands/filterlands and exclude taplands/guidgates/lifelands/bouncelands. i will sometimes use scrylands if the deck really wants to scry.

Protecting will prevent all damage from any source that it's protecting against. The card itself will tell you what is dealing the damage, which in this case is the creature itself. So protection from creatures or any color that the creator is will prevent the damage.

Bonus fact - if the damage can't be prevented, like if you targeted Excruciator, protection wouldn't help.

I'm rather new to MTG in general. I've played TCG's for most of my life, I really want to get into EDH. I've done a bit of research and I know I want to play a Saffi Eriksdotter (or Riku of the Two Relfection). The issue I'm having is finding a decklist that... feels right. If anyone has a decklist they could drop, that'd be cool

Thanks judge.

He's trolling, dude.

i've been in your position. the best idea is to get a precon and just play a bit. it takes a while to figure out what works for you and playing is the best way to get there.

Protection is damage attaching blocming and targeting. The ignition will ignore hexproof but protection from your creatures color will prevent the damage.