Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

OI WE'Z LOOTIN DIS 'ER THRED TING

Citadel Paints
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/21/coming-soon-the-citadel-paint-system-in-your-pocket/
>Death Guard preview
imgur.com/a/90wRO

>Konor Campaign, Imperium in the lead, fighting back against the #RiggedSystem
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Alpha Legion

Soul Grinders can win this planet if enough of you chaos users put your backs into them and unload the daemon engines!

First for pops

WAAAGH!

>7
Praise. Fucking. Nurgle.

>Tfw my army is flamer heavy
>Tfw 8th makes flamers completely unusable
What the fuck was GW thinking? Flamers in a drop pod was the only thing tac marines were good for.

Post dudes, post WIPs, post games.

My WIP dude(tte)s.

Except though, R'Varnas are pretty AESTHETIC

Could someone please post the space marine chapter roll chart?

>there will never be a Tauified Dougram homage
Sad

Those heads give them a shadowrun vibe

Finishing up some Assault bros.

real talk, soul grinders aren't that good and i got a necrospynix sitting in a corner i'll be using as a maulerfiend at some point

I'm glad, chummer.

Just run them as Meltas.

How is the c-beam on chaos contemptors balanced? I can take 2 and basically use it for everything. It smokes backline units with its range and power, it smokes blobs by getting 2d6 extra hits on a unit anytime it slays a model, and it only costs 30pts

>Flamers in a drop pod was the only thing tac marines were good for.

Fucking what?

Tacs can charge after shooting, hit with heavy weapons on 4s instead of 6s, and transports are much tougher now, they're certainly better now.

And boltguns still suck ass.

> Pick up first drop pod right at the end of 7th Edition
> 8th hits
> Drop pods are three times the price they were
> 9" limit means you no longer have high risk/high reward drops right behind enemy lines
> Can no longer carry Dreadnoughts (which means they now have zero deep strike capability)
> Can no longer carry Terminators
> Can no longer carry Centurions (see Dreadnoughts)
> Not even going to bother painting it now

Holy shit, I only have one of these things, I can only imagine how much it sucks for the people who built Steel Rain armies in 7th.

Is there any unit in the game that got nerfed harder than the Drop Pod?

you can never move with it and shoot in the same turn, so your opponent can charge it with chaff and negate the gun entirely.

I know it doesnt count but can I say Chimera anyway? Or even Infantry Teams? I feel like alot of things are worse now if just due to redundancy

Not on Sisters they don't.

>5x Storm Bolters
>5x Bolters
>30 Shots on the double-tap
>Attack twice per game
>One squad

Worth it.

Wounding T7 on a 5+ doesn't suck

Chaos Dreadclaws are 200pts, lost jink, and can't hold its occupants anymore. But hey, it can sort of melee but it suffers penalties after taking 2 wounds, so...

eldar scatterbike windriders got fucked hard and the infamous riptides lost a lot of their bite

Skyrays get to do potentially 6 Mortal Wounds before becoming a dedicated Markerlight.

As a long time sisters player, I've never felt more strapped for special weapons than I do now. I thought 4 Heavy bolters, 8 meltas, 4 heavy flamers, 4 flamers, and 9 immolators would be enough forever. I think I have one stormbolter. Maybe 2 somewhere.

Only being able to take 1 special and 1 heavy in a ten man squad is shit.

Which they'll rarely get to do since you need to light up a target like a Christmas tree to ensure you don't miss a ton

Long-time player too, but second-hander.

I have 14 Storm Bolters, 12 Flamers, 96 Bolter Sisters, 1 Multi melta, 3 melta.

No one wanted to sell their good shit when I got my 2nd-hand-girls, I guess. I didn't play them for a long time because of that.

Now I've brought them out and just spray everything down with bolt guns.

And turn-1 Seraphim+Celestine

Yeeeeeup.

With universal split fire tac marines are so much better.

No more having to "waste" eight useless boltgun shots on a target just so you can shoot a missile at it, for example.

Best Chapter Tactic in the new Marine book?

Was honestly thinking Fists...because that zero-cover-save shit.

Picking a new army.

Niche choice but Iron Hands get a 6+ FNP roll, which isn't the flashiest tactic but it's "always on", as opposed to the more situational ones.

Other than that, Raven Guard's -1 to hit outside of 12" is pretty fucking powerful if you're taking lots of ranged units.

Primaris Marines were the right thing to do. The new kits are fucking sexy. I love rapid fire bolt rifles and auxiliary grenade launchers. There's no need for devastators when you can just have a one-size-fits-all weapon system in the new plasma incinerators. Inceptors make more sense in their purpose and weaponry than assault marines with jump packs. The new dread looks like it might actually be functional and it has workable legs.

Regardless of how you feel about the chadmarines, the Redemptor is a fucking beast on the table. Go double cannon and spit out shitloads of dakka whenever someone is dumb/unfortunate enough to get in range.

You have significantly more bolters than I do. Goddamn. I've been playing since 4th and I thought I had a lot. Oh well. I've been thinking about trying out some metal recasters because at this point, I don't want to mix resin into my all metal army for obvious reasons. I have always loved the horde of sisters, though, and I'm a little annoyed that we only get a unit of 15 now instead of 20.

I hate special characters, and the fact that Celestine is as strong as she is makes me never want to use her. However, I don't really have a choice because I haven't been able to use my canoness with jump pack since they forgot to include it in the white dwarf.

Ultras; having leadership 9 (or 10 if you're within banner range) and being able to fall back and rapid fire is clearly a winner.

Terminator heavy, unfortunately.
Also running Alpha Legion as primary so don't want to replicate that army.

Or am I.

What are some fluff ways to explain away the 6+ FNP? I was thinking of having them be like Black Crusaders but EXTREMELY RELIGIOUS on Sisters of Battle faith tier. Emperor Protects, etc?

Best load out for Hellblasters? The standard incinerator looks most versatile but maybe heavy is better if I move them with Repulsor?

I want to create a warband for my Thousand Sons, using mostly the blue color scheme with a few guys here and there with the pre-heresy colors. Leaders are very bird themed.
Suggestions for naming this warband?

there is no "best" - but you can't go wrong with the standard version.

Religious fanaticism blinding you to pain from a wound is an excellent way to justify a FNP roll within the lore.

bird boys

>What are some fluff ways to explain away the 6+ FNP?
Faith, grit, bionics, minor gene seed mutation that makes them more durable than normal

I want to take some Custodes with my Primaris but it makes me wonder if I'd just be better off with more Primaris.
They are such a fucking beastly assault unit though.

Don't mix, it isn't worth it. Honestly, you can get sisters cheaply enough on eBay if you don't fall for the meme-lists. Or try army sales/swaps. Recasters are... yeah. I bought 10 repentia caste out of fucking, I don't know, aluminum? I can't even trim their flashing without their shit bending and breaking. I'm ass mad over that.

I have Celestine purely because I -NEED- her for that powerboost you know? We really get gimped in that department. I hate Named Characters too...

But take heart; Celestine is the only named character that has any 'reason' to appear in your battles. Unlike [NAMED GUY #414], she is just a warp manifestation anyways so it really isn't a "person" per-se? I don't know, that's just how I live with it.

>Raven Guard's -1 to hit outside of 12" is pretty fucking powerful if you're taking lots of ranged units.
That tactic is borderline broken. It completely fucks any type of shooting army.

Late like the Death Guard release.

Taufags plz go and stay go.

that warp manifestation has a nice set of tits

Haha. Jokes on you. I'm not a Tau fag, I'm a Guard fag!

>Only Tau shoot

i wonder what gw is thinking blueballing the death guard release, trying to build up hype (only to ironically kill it for nurgle) and sales for the late months?

Can anyone help a brother out, I want some inspiration for a new project

I particularly love how the DG miss the campaign where the DG attack Ultramar.

Playing against leaf blower lists was not fun. I'm not really sure why some people prefer just sitting on the edge of the table and shooting or firing artillery.

Ebay is a fucking joke when it comes to sisters anymore. They often charge more than GW prices and hardly ever cheaper.

I've used several recasters for my other armies, mostly CSM for HH bits, and have had very little problem, though I've not ordered sisters yet because I've seen how shitty they are. There are a few that look decent, however. We'll see. I don't know. The prices are just depressing, possibly even more so because I already have an army. I feel like I'm 1 can short of a 6 pack with my army.

As for Celestine, I never feel like I accomplished anything when I take her, but why would I take a canoness when I can take an unkillable flying murder machine with free faith? She's everything I hate about hero hammer.

Tell me about inceptors anons

I got 9 of these guys in the mail and I'd like to build a small marine force around them for quick games. What's the best chapter tactic for them? Amy particular pros and cons?

>points for painting models
>more SM models released despite DG being teased for 7 months
>not rigged

>whats the best chapter tactic

Fuck you. You are the worst kind of player.

Their jump packs make for great harass early game, and their concussion grenades are amazing for kiting if you have the skill to pull it off. They're not very useful mid and late game, though.

To be fair they rigged it the other way when they let chaos win a planet. Still badly organized from the start, they should have given the xenos a good reason to go against the imperium

The way the guy at our store plays, he has Custodes in Land Raiders, and Primaris holding objectives and staying in cover. It works nicely.

Oh yeah no doubt. Chaos wins one planet and suddenly it's as if Imperials hadn't won the last 3. Pretty retarded campaign all around.

Now now user,I just want some feedback before I go looking through successor chapters. Haven't played marines yet so don't have any previous attachments.
Sounds good, didn't think about grenade tactics either

They're devastators that come with their own drop pod and don't have any move and fire penalty when they land. That's their primary use. If they don't die after, they're attack bikes.

White Scars, Salamanders and Imperial Fists are literally the only CT that affect them.

White Scars lets them advance at 12+D6" while still shooting at a 4+, Salamanders and Imperial Fists helps their damage

Ultramarines does literally nothing for them since they have fly

I had forgotten about these goofs.
Anyway, paint them as Black Templars, they really synergize

>concussion grenades

u wot?

She also doesn't use the same Geminae Superior every time. The Sisters pick two of their own to (implied) commit suicide to join her for a particular battle as her chosen. (See recent book.)

I agree with you on Hero Hammer. I could run without her but...why not? I do like her, fluff wise. I tend to avoid using her unless it is a large enough battle, which I rarely do. Though I do fucking love her model.

As for eBay... You know the penitents? Pic related. Direct from GW. $35 a pop. I go onto eBay and they are $60-120 a piece. Wanna know what is funny about this? When I got mine, a shipping error had me call them. I had ordered 3, but the warehouse only had 1.

I asked "hey just send me the one, that's cool. I really don't NEED 3 anyways right?"
>Wait a sec...
>Hey, are these just from a warehouse until you sell out or are you still casting them?
>"No we still cast them. We have 40 coming in August. I'll send you 2 more."
>K thxn

So they cast 40. 40 Penitents for the entirety of North America. Yeah not a lot of sisters I know, right?

>Ebay in August
>Suddenly 'new' looking penitents
>Go to GW website
>SOLD OUT

TLDR: eBayers buy the 'SOLD OUT' models from GW as soon as they list them on their website. Then they turn around and put the items on eBay as 'OOP'

This is why I quit using eBay for anything I don't HAVE to have and CAN NOT acquire elsewhere.

i was making a joke that they are clearly influenced by starcraft's marines and the jump packs would make them reapers. I thought it was funny that blizzard and GW keep taking inspiration from/ripping off the other

I do hope we get more global campaigns soon though. Flawed as this one was it's still fun, and if they fine tuned the balance it could be great. Or go back to the 13th crusade style campaign, which had it's own problems, but letting factions band together and choose targets was wonderful.

Ultramarines gives access to the Scions of Gulliman stratagem, which lets you drop down and hose some fools with overcharged plasma without blowing yourself up.

I didn't play that, so I fear it was lost on me

White scars looks good, it'll be a footslogging force so the mobility is appreciated, especially as if I expand it'll likely be into aggressors
Not seeing it my man

White Scars CT is more dramatic with aggressors but it works fine on inceptors

>> 9" limit means you no longer have high risk/high reward drops right behind enemy lines
With inertial guidance there was never much risk.

>Not seeing it my man
Paint them, and try them out. Trust me

>> Can no longer carry Dreadnoughts (which means they now have zero deep strike capability)

Unless you're grey knights, baby.

Still working on my warkopta and tankbustas.

Are Chaos Bikers viable now? I'd really like to make pic related but I'd like to actually get some use out of them. Delivering heavy weapons into rapid-fire range perhaps?

Why are 40k players so entitled? I am always reading complaints about the price of the hobby but no one makes people play 40k.

Do you guys know of cheaper ways to get the new plastic assassins?

>$53 dollaridoos from geedub

I regret not having bought Execution Force.

Are resin recasters still around

How are landspeeders in 8th? I'm thinking of getting one.

pic related

Renegade tactics make them pretty good at crossing the board to charge

People are pretty universally annoyed when the price of a product they buy is highly inflated, and bears no resemblance to the cost of the product.

>I regret not having bought Execution Force

Check with flgs' in your area, one of them might still have one in stock.

Try an independent, usually 10% less than GW.

>How are landspeeders in 8th? I'm thinking of getting one.

They're finally just bigger, faster attack bikes. They get 4 attacks each in melee and its great.

>77
Yaaaaay!

i mean, if you dont want any of the other stuff in there and buy it just for the assassins, it costs the same
each assassin is 25 €eurobucks
assassinorum at local is 100€eurobucks

well unless there's a discount I guess

So are bolter aggressors objectively better than flamer aggressors? Seems that way to me.

Either one with veil of time look like a real hassle for any melee based horde.

>I agree with you on Hero Hammer. I could run without her but...why not?
I started using her in 5th edition with the WD because you were actively crippling yourself for now taking her. Back then, she was 125pts with infinity respawns and cost less than a canoness with any amount of gear. After that, I decided to go Celestine-free all through 6th/7th edition and won far more than I lost.

>I do like her, fluff wise. I tend to avoid using her unless it is a large enough battle, which I rarely do.
I like her fluff, too, but I just get autistic about herohammer. I remember the days when characters couldn't be taken under 1500pts AND they needed special permission to use. If I wanted every game to be about [Named character] vs [Named Character], I would play warmachine.

There are 3 characters I would play, though:
Celestine because she is the only special thing we have
The Changeling because the old metal model is possibly my favorite model
Tyberos because murder mittens and he's legit the only carcharodon left.

>Though I do fucking love her model.
I haven't bought her new one yet because I haven't found anyone to split the box with, and its not worth buying separate on ebay to me.

>As for eBay
For a long time, people were trying to sell immolators for like $120+ not realizing that you could buy an exorcist and get a full immolator. Ebay is such a cancerous place for sisters because of people trying to scalp shit. This isn't MtG.

I'm considering a fast attack detachment of renegade bikers and an exalted champ with a fist to rip and tear.

>Immolator Exorcist
If I wasn't broke, I'd of done this but... I got lucky. I ended up with a 2nd Edition Whirlwind, 2nd Edition Immolator, and 2x 2dn Edition Rhinos for cheap. I've been tempted to use them for my sisters for variety purposes.

>Characters
Jacob is pretty cool. Shotgun priest and all.
>Read that he is dead by this period

Can't field him. The one named character I'd have no problems with is dead. I like my army being "current."

>Tyberos
Also this.

I think they're way more flexible although the flamer ones are funny

What's the general consensus on playing Plaguebearers as Poxwalkers or Poxwalkers as Plaguebearers as long as the weapons are accurate and they're painted Nurgle-esque green instead of pink?

I want to get a bunch of Storms and Shotty scouts for when I eventually kick off my Carcharodon army. I'm thinking three of each should be plenty. Hopefully by then, plastic MKV will exist.
mfw HH is dead as fuck because FW is retarded so we'll never get another HH set, especially with Primaris killing any chances of new classic Marines