EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Still Your Commander" Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Horrible place with primers, access at your own risk.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question: Who's the strangest commander you run?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/eddies-party/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edgar-markov-and-his-swarm/
whatsinstandard.com/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/no-mry-time-machine/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grimgrin-corpse-born-the-best/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Do you have a new thread queued up and waiting for when a thread hits the bump limit just so you can force a shitty joke every few hours?

Patron of the Moon is probably my oddest commander.

>tfw plan on building him too

Any cards I should absolutely include?

>Who's the strangest commander you run?
I dont think I run anything strange
>gw selvala
>child of alara 5c basic lands (probably the strangest)
>gaydudes unchanged precon deck
>Yahenni smokestacks
>shen yun paradox combo

You know what drives me insane? The fact that Brisela's halves were printed at different rarities means there's more of one half in existence than the other. THAT IS NOT OKAY.

>Thread Question
Coming straight outta weeb underworld. 9/9 that eats blockers is nothing to squint at

Geth. Either he does absolutely nothing, and I mean I don't even think about casting him, or he eats an entire opponents deck then vomits out the best cards I can find in their yard. I could probably swap him for almost any other black commander and have the exact same result. I just have a big soft spot for the crazy zombie lord.

>tfw ive already sold 10 of the 30 teferis protections i specced on
>paid $10 for them and selling them or 30
>tfw /edhg/ called me stupid
>tfw i already made my money back and everything else is pure profit
>tfw ill be making $400 at the end of this

feel good to be right

>bought four splinter twin before B&R
>tfw not unbanned

Feels bad, I have no idea what to do with them.

>Thread Question
It will be Gishath once Ixalan drops, I guess.

Kaervek the Merciless

>paid $10 each for 30 so essentially $300
>market price is now $22
>selling 10 of them and lets average it out to $17 each so $170 made as of right now
>selling the remaining 20 at $22 for $440
>440+170 =610
>610-300= $310 profit
Congratulations you made less money than the modernfag working at McDonalds and he can build his deck

Amulet of Vigor is a must. It enables so many combos. Flooded Shoreline is also really good. Roil Elemental is also pretty neat.

Sounds like every other "collect the whole puzzle, win a prize" scam in existence.

>Congratulations you made less money than the modernfag working at McDonalds and he can build his deck
ya but i literally had to do less than 20 minutes worth of "work" so far. you can just admit you were wrong for bullying me instead of being so salty user, i will forgive you

>bullying me

So can I use a planeswalker as a commander now?

>ya but
And now you feel like a dumbass after getting told. Nobody really gives a shit bro and I'm sure majority of anons here knew how brokem the card would be.
>you can just admit you were wrong for bullying me
Or you can stop being a fucking pussy because someone on the internet hurt your feelings

read the rules you retard
>commander may be a legendary CREATURE
only reason the planeswalkers from c14 work is because they have a line of rules text that explicitly says they can be your commander

You always could user, there are 10 planeswalkers that could be used as commander unless you're talking about butt pirate jace which seems reasonable as a house rule

I love creatures that are semi voltron and can shoot creatures. Already have vish'kal but are there any more like this?

Drana, Karlov, Olivia, Nin

This question is a new "meme".
Unless answering this new meme is a meme in of itself.

>being this upset that you were wrong about someone speccing

i bet you are the same fags that are made about the buyouts on obvious tribal cards

is kuro actually good or is he trash people run because memes?

he seems really expensive for what he does and that upkeep sucks ass, wouldnt pestilence demon do what he does but better?

>is kuro actually good
hes a good card in iname death aspect
extremely good

So Kruphix wincon is just big creatures killing my opponents before they kill me right?
>investing in cardboard
You done well fellow (((rudytor))) :)

Probably Treva or Gonti. Treva is actually a bant token deck and Gonti is a mishmash of aristocrats and mono black control

Should tricolor decks bother with big black mana? Im on the fence, I dunno wether this guy would work with a Revenant, a Caged Sun and stuff like that. Does he work better if a take all the mana doublers out, and even out the colors?

here's the deck btw: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/eddies-party/

>in iname death aspect
im sorry what?

What are the best uses for this card, besides Moat?

>you're mad because I made less money than the working man and still can't afford my decks
Took you awhile to respond my autistic friend

Only big black mana I care about in tricolor is Urborg + Cabal Coffers

>tutor for living death
>cast iname
>mass reanimate 15+ spirits
>beat face
used to be a meme deck in french I still play it but lose constantly

Pay 1 life: target creature gets -1/-1 is extremely strong.

It depends on what types of decks you're playing against of course. Against Eldrazi and timmy creatures it's weaker but against decks with powerul small commanders you can lock them out of the game.

Combine the guy with Glassman, the man who turns everything into glass. Dumping half my deck into the yard and bringing Kuro+Horobi back is fun.

>still cant afford my decks

where are you getting this? i have multiple deck and most run dual lands casually. why are you so salty about being wrong? the entire process of flipping these card has taken less than an hour of work, $300 dollar an hour is pretty fucking good

When will Doubling Season get bought out? I'm sitting on four foil copies.

earthquake
that card that says all non-flying creatures get -2/0 flying creatures get +2/0

The other two Meld pairs were printed in the same rarity. Only Brisela breaks the form.

now i get it, i thought it was some kind of typo or something

is it worth the bbbb upkeep?

Skithiryx is better in that role, but not 100%, because instant pinging is strong. 4 mana upkeep is nothing compared to the cost and is added only to deter reanimator abuse

Every time I see his smug bitch face I just want to hit him really REALLY hard. Square in the jaw, just once to let him know he's a dick. But I bet he'd cry like a woman and press charges, so I know it's just a fancy dream.

You will never cast him, the upkeep is nothing considering everything under a certain size is never entering the board again.

>being this defensive
Go cry about bullies on your tumblr fag

They hit their peak when Atraxa came around I doubt they will go any higher/lower than what they are now

>Skithiryx
isnt his thing scion OTK? how does he even ping things

casting him doesent sound too hard with thinks like nykthos, urborg/coffers/magus and solring kicking about

>this much damage control for being BTFO

just admit you were wrong user

I have a tendency to go single creature type when I make a deck.

What are your favorite solo-type decks?

>tfw just buckled and bought a Metalworker that I may never use because of the fear of buyouts
I mean, yeah, I've always wanted to do an artifact deck, but this shit has been getting ridiculous lately. I can't help myself.

Starting to reach the end of this decks testing/optimization.
Its very solid and can pump out wins very easily unless its stax.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to add/cut? Is old Drana good? Is Nirkana revenant really that good in 3 colors?
Landbase suggestions? what should I cut the painlands for?

Thanks!
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/edgar-markov-and-his-swarm/

And what I was wrong about? You're being a fag so I called you fag if you can't handle simple name calling then leave

You would have to buy it sooner or later, good that you took the initiative

>You would have to buy it sooner or later
>he may never use it

Wow user youre so intelligent and wealthy. Can I suck your dick?

To be fair, I've always wanted to build an artifact deck but never actually began going about buying the pieces I needed. Metalworker is an important piece of any good artifact deck, so I'd likely regret it if I never bought one when I could've.

If you have a problem with board wipes why not add teferis protection? Also kalitas, traitor of ghet?

TQ: Just started building this bitch as my first tribal deck. Looks pretty fun; +1/+1 counters, mass ramp and card draw with Kruphix as a secret commander. Anyone got any spicy tech?

I may need to commission an alter to make her into a thicc thigh bikini babe desu senpai

When did mtg "investing" jumped the shark?

she is too slow desu

Buying this is just shooting yourself in the foot, jesus.

>3rd fat granny in a month

really Wizards?

I already have Boros Charm and Rootborn defenses for boardwipe protection but you are right I could also add teferi's due to phasing not affecting tokens anymore.

As for Kalitas traitor, I tested with him initially but I realized that the zombie tokens are pretty eh, if it was vampire tokens it would be a different story.

In UG you can reliably drop her on turn 4 or 5. Is that really too slow?

Just play it slow, she refuels your hand if she hits the board.

It's sad

My weirdest commander at the moment is probably Jalira or Jenara.

Man, when did I become so boring.

>3rd fat granny in a month

What?

Grats. Buy stocks next time.

Kess, grixis pirate legend, Tishana

All the pirate captains are women too
Where's my Blackbeard clone, Wizards?

>custom categories
dropped
You don't need to hold our hand when displaying your deck user. Most cards lend themselves to a well-understood function.

Your Blackbeard is an old fat lady now, get over it bigot!

she just doesnt do enough to justify her coming out that late. since you are spending all your time ramping you wont be able to take advantage of the card draw unless you play a lot of dorks and then your just begging to be wrathed which basically makes it to where you will never play your commander again

the thing is by the time you cast her you could have other stuff in UG that does more like rashmi or kruphix. at the end of the day its not not as good as most other simic commanders though you can still totally play it if you want, dont let me stop you

Heh those are mainly for me when I try to add/remove, its a better filing system.
Feel free to filter without the custom categories

Now, real talk, if they continue this trend, no one is going to crack new packs. Fagboy jace is bad enough, but when you have absolutely no representation of your core audience, you're just asking for trouble. This is why everyone is buying Lorwyn/kawigama singles, and why you can probably buy all of aether revolt for under $100. I don't care about diversity blah blah blah, but this is reaching critical mass and they deserve a slap.

Someone post that Maro image where he's shilling about how half of all characters need to be female. Women like sexy females too for fucks sake...

(((They))) want you hooked on the seasoned, more experienced waymin that are past child-bearing years.

7 drops are normally game ending cards, all she does is draw you cards and Simic already has good card draw.

look at you mr wallstreet!!!!! :)))

I just want more big flashy dinosaurs/dragons.

The vampires are cool too.

Is Kalitas out of Standard yet? I need like 5 for various decks.

Kess doesn't look fat though

Exactly! I want aliens, I want eldritch horrors like the new yugioh cards, I want art like the only known depiction of yawgmoth. I want to see some crazy flesh-rending monsters and art reminiscent of the promo phyrexian negator. I just want to play magic, I've studied politics, and the fact they're insinuating people are too stupid to make their own choices is just insulting.

rotated on september 28th, it should already be dropping in price sharply though

>Now, real talk, if they continue this trend, no one is going to crack new packs.
Im-fucking-plying noncasual players buy packs in the first place
>Fagboy jace is bad enough,
Im-fucking-plying Jace was ever not a little faggot
>but when you have absolutely no representation of your core audience, you're just asking for trouble.
That explains why I can walk into any lgs and still be assaulted by the smell of neckbeard.
>This is why everyone is buying Lorwyn/kawigama singles,
Five retards and their hundred followers with more dollars than sense doesn't constitute "everyone" by a long shot
>and why you can probably buy all of aether revolt for under $100.
Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact the the recent sets since BfZ have been utter dogshit with no value cards
>I don't care about diversity blah blah blah, but this is reaching critical mass and they deserve a slap.
Clearly you do, in fact you care so much you're willing to make up shit to reinforce your worldview about a game you don't even play

Eldrazi were plenty eldritch. And we had two sets of it.

Awesome. Thanks.

I do miss Old Phyrexia.

for the future this site lets you know when stuff rotates

whatsinstandard.com/

Awesome. I've been waiting for a lot of trash cards to tank for EDH. And with the new rotation and changes, I'm always confused.

>Thread question

Baron Sengir

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/no-mry-time-machine/

I've finally got a first draft made up of Jhoira Myr artifact jank, but it's a very rough first cut. Any ideas? I'm thinking maybe Impact Tremors or Purphoros to benefit from all of the Myr I plan to make with Myr Incubator.

I run the sexiest man in magic in my big, overcosted with terrible drawbacks creature deck
swamps matter lets you do some pretty bad things at least somewhat well

I mean she'll be strictly worse than Simic goodstuff, but that's the way of tribal EDH I guess

>a jhoira deck that isnt MLD and eldrazi

have fun eating all that hate she is going to get you

What's the dumbest thing to kicked Rite of Replication?

My friend recently decked himself Ritibg this guy.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/grimgrin-corpse-born-the-best/

Anyone got any help for making my Grimgrin deck better? It does pretty well against most decks but I have a very difficult time against control

Last one I lost to was a rites on Hero of Bladehold. That was fairly brutal.

My group is pretty understanding when it comes to running degenerate commanders for silly shit. One guy is currently converting his Animar fatty deck into Energy matters.

I honestly think that Veldrane's flavor text is the best in all of Magic.