Goblins animated series in the works

I know lots of us have wanted to see a new D&D cartoon come out for a long time, but are you guys ready for I'M SAD: The Series?

>The series aims to turn the comic into a professional, high quality cartoon. Co-writing it with me, are Matt King and Phil LaMarr (their names link to their IMDB pages) who will also be doing voice work in the show, along with a list of other big names voicing the various characters.

this webcomic has actual fans?

So many that the dude bought himself a house with donations.

This still exists?

yikes

>Phil LaMarr

I know, right? This crappy webcomic actually has a really talented person involved for the first time ever. I don't know how to feel about that.

>Matt King and Phil LaMarr
what the actual fuck

>I know lots of us have wanted to see a new D&D cartoon come out for a long time
There already HAS been a D&D cartoon out for a while, and it's fantastic.

Wow, I can't wait to watch episodes of this between rounds of my favorite card game, Goblins: Alternate Realities.

Now that you mention it, I'm actually hoping Hasbro gets its lawyers to just shut down the whole cartoon project, Hopefully after he's invested a fair amount of money into it, and its even better if Hasbro does it on extremely shaky legal grounds but the judge just goes along with it anyway.

>>The series aims to turn the comic into a professional, high quality cartoon.

So I guess they will be ditching the source material.

wait hes still around? i stopped checking his comic when he hadnt been updating for ages between pages and they were still shit
i mean I wholeheartedly agree with if its going to be a quality cartoon it definately cant look like his fucking vibrating vomit crayola artwork

>card game

Supposed to be finished now, fucking finally. Hopefully he's learned not to hand projects over to shady dudes who will take all the kickstarter money and vanish from the face of the Earth. Then again, he seems as competent at judging people as he is at drawing the human figure.

The updates supposedly stopped because he was working on the card thing all by himself, since he couldn't hire anyone else to do it after the dude he originally picked stole all the money.

but this retard is somehow gonna give a decent show....

I guess it depends on whether or not Phil Lamarr is liable to rob him blind.

>Phil LaMarr
Holy fuck

So what's the over-under on the industry professionals saying "we can't have snakegirl rape, or sixteen seasons of wandering around a dungeon, or whatever the fuck THIS even is" repeatedly until Thunt becomes IM SAD for reals and retreats to his fanbase to cry about how the normies just don't understand his beautiful lumpy vision?

I actually did like that comic when it first came out like, seven years ago or whatever. But it ran through it's jokes and ideas pretty fast and just started spinning its wheels. Same thing that happened to Order of the Stick.

Agreed.

If he does the actual animation part, I'd give even odds on the heat death of the universe happening before the first episode comes out.

>shipping time
>fantastic

Ward, that isn't a decent counterargument.

Oh god

What's worse is he didn't just get a bunch of donations and bought a house with it, he specifically went to his fans and said "buy me a house" and they all just went "ok, here you go" and bought him a fucking house. Their reward? A couple of pages of a mini comic that he never finished because was "too busy."

It better be animated in the style of Sr. Katz.

And who knew Phil LaMarr was so hard up for work?

He probably thought he was doing charity work for retarded children.

EE&E animation?

Who would actually want to see that shit in motion?

>not just remaking this