Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Grot Army Edition

Old Thread
>Death Guard stuff from White Dwarf
imgur.com/a/90wRO

>Konor Campaign, dead even, hours to go.
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tauran
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OK then, although I'm still a little sceptical.

Mostly I'm just sick of my faction always being either irrelevant or incompetent. No priests exist in BL books that aren't dogmatic idiots that cause problems, Forge Worlds never manage to deal with shit themselves and are always taken down by stuff that they shouldn't even consider major threats, like 1/1000 the minimum Skitarii garrison for a major Forge World's number in Orks or a few thousand Marines and Imperial Army like on Mezoa, where the writers cut the defenders for an entire planet to less than 15 thousand and said the FW was crippled for decades because one Magos died and one forge was shot up with bolters.
Fucks sake, at least the Nids are given the decency of being killed rather than just ignored completely whenever we might get in the way or having every single battle we're in stolen by the Astartes. Would it kill the writers to have one or two books where they actually spend ten minutes to get their maths remotely close to proper scale? Or point out that the Imperium would pretty much instantly collapse without us so some Admech must be good at their jobs?

Faggot

/r/ that Malcador get the wolves pic

Fuck off, retard.

Anyone had any experience with or facing off against....
>Squiggoths or Gargantuan Squiggoths
>KillBursta/Blasta
>Battlewagons with Supa Kannons
>Megadreads

>tfw faggots complain that my Chaos list is "too much"

If you can't deal with Magnus, two Knights, a Changeling, three Heralds and sixty Horrors you might as well not play the fucking game.

All I know is that the Garguantan Squiggoth and the Killburst/Blasta are the 2 best ork LoWs avaliable. I havent used them or fought them though, just what ive heard

Moonman is the only acceptable Tzeentch model.

Prove me wrong.

/pol/ plz

It's the most ridiculous head option, therefore it's the best.

>Have old Tzeentch army
>liked the silliness of pink horrors
>cant being myself to play them anymore
>they seem bland and shitty
>need to buy a bunch of blues and brims
>changeling is uber powerful
>used to be a cheap, fun character
The spark is dead.

Are there any stories where the Orks win?

Priests of Mars and Know No Fear both have some reasonable tech-priests in them.

But for your other stuff? You need to relax more, you keep posting the same complaints over and over, I'm starting to recoginse you.

Def Skwadron

Fifteen Hours.

>Are there any stories where the Orks win?
Any story where Orks get a proppa fight is a win

Divines smile upon you friend

I checked the FAQ and suddenly I'm really confused by the wording of the Cluster Caltrops ability: Does it trigger when the ENEMY falls back, or when the REAVERS fall back?

And does the effect trigger for each cluster caltrop reaver, or just once?

Space Marines eat their enemies' brains to gain their memories.

40k is not a setting for "realism"

Well, that's Orks vs. Orks, so of course the Orks win. Which I guess is pretty brutally cunning, if you ask me.

You were Slannesh all along

>TFW no Grot HQ for battelforged all grot army.

"Orkses is never defeated in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fighting so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't loose neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!"

Also Red Sun Rising, blurbs about looting a planet, the Octarius Sector Orks vs Crimson fists, and that blurb of Orks who got into Khorne's domain.

>Space Marines eat their enemies' brains to gain their memories.
Fuck off retard.

They do,user.

>he hasn't read any space marine codex, including the new one
>or index astartes
>or white dwarfs
Fuck off lorelet

what about what this guy did then

Owl be the judge of that

Have a load of this heretic newfag

Tuska, the Ork Warboss who had a prophetic vision after fighting a Bloodthirster, who then journeyed directly into the Eye of Terror, fighting his way across planets of each of the Dark God's domains until they arrived at one of Khorne's war worlds.

Truly, Tuska knows where the greatest fighting is.

>it's a meme so it needs to be posted
As a an argument it's using old fluff to slate 40k's realism in a response to a post that was talking about 40k fluff's internal consistency.

user pls, 40k doesnt make sense, it never has tried to and never will because thats not the point of the whole thing.

Feather or not you like these puns, I think I'll stop before I run afowl of you and leave you soar.

Eliphas model fucking WHEN??

are you actually surprised orks are the kicking bag of 40k? one benefit i can say about the beast series is it shows orks can be dangerous threats

>Old fluff

user, it's in the 8th Space Marine codex.

It's the Omophagea.

So in Fulgrim, Eldrad thinks to himself he has seen the end of the human race, a world named after the battle of their (our) end times (obviously Armageddon). Is Grazhkill that big of a threat? Is Yarrick our only hope?

That's what I mean, pinkies get thrown in the shit just because the little bastards are impossible to balance.
I HATE blue and brimstone horrors, they're low power but impossible to shift and they fuck up balance, they end up just being this giant road block that no one enjoys.

They tried to nerf them only to smack my beloved pinkies right in the face while the little shits are still running rampant.

They used to be our pets but now we are theirs, such is the nature of chaos.

You gonna flip the bird at me next?

They cucked Eliphas too much I'm afraid. He's Failbaddon tier now.

Yes, orks are everywhere and Ghaz is uniting them bit by bit, having that as a unified force would break the Imperium even further because at this point they would not be able to take an organized threat coming from an enemy that outnumbers them, they barely managed fighting off the Beast and thats when the Imperium wasnt being fucked by Chaos, Tyranids and had the Tau nibbling at their tits.

>Space Marine color editor uses actual GW paint names.
Holy shit I can't get over how wasted this franchise was
What is wrong with people?

Sorry what the fuck retardation are you spewing?

Who mans all the guns in an imperial ship?

Who mans all the guns in a chaos ship?

When they fought the beast they werent nearly on as much of a war footing as they are now. The Military was extremely downsized because they werent under any real threats

Servitors
Chaos Servitors

>old fluff
someone didn't read the latest codex

How to arm Helbrutes?

How do you defend from a boarding action? You can't have troops everywhere.

Enjoy any games recently Veeky Forums?

I got a game in with my new possessed, raven guard vs crimson slaughter, they managed to run and and chop up lots of venguard veterans while tanking lots of wounds.
That was on the first turn of the game even, I think we lost half our armies on the first turn shooting each others to bits and slicing each other up in melee, after that he killed all my units but lost so much he didn't have enough to get off my end of the board before being shot down.

It is stated in Dark imperium that there are shitloads of cultists and daemons in chaos ships along with warp fuckery. otherwise

Fucks your problem m8?

>How do you defend from a boarding action?

By defending the boarder's objectives, the main bridge and power source or gellar generators. You dont need to hunt them down when they'll come to you and if they just wanted to fuck your guns up then you can fight them there.

They already have arms.

Fuck's yours m8?

The imperium is stretched quite thin as it is at the moment to have a fuckhueg ork waagh in their hands too though.

Fist and scourge or double las and missiles for maximum efficiency.

Fist n scourge better on melee legion tactics like world eaters or renegades while las n missiles on shooty legions like alpha legion.

>GW Announces Squats returning
>GW announces CHAOS SQUATS are also returning

how react?

Is an all four gods daemon list fluffy? Do daemons of rival gods ever work together to fuck real space?

>main bridge
Which is?

>power source
Which is?

>if they just wanted to fuck your guns up then you can fight them there.
But then you'll be defending the things you mentioned and getting to the guns will take forever in those city-sized behemoths.

Another user

Should I use a helbrute in thousand sons, and if so, what do I equip it with? I'm thinking lascannon + something else

Thats funny Im looking at the same thing. In fact I found these guys as a preset.
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tauran
No history, no lore, no info at all besides a paint scheme. What do you guys think their deal is?

I finish my fuckhueg Ork collection and start collecting Squats

What's the best way to fluff a groundhogs day scenario for a daemonhunting inquisitor without it being stereotypical "all you need is kill" stuff?

You, youre talking to my guy all wrong. Next time you do Ill stab you in the face, with a soldering iron

They'll be fine. Guilliman is there and Russ and Lion are on their way.

Are you wanted in 12 systems, faggot?

Due to the fuckey nature of the warp, the Demons start remembering him too

>The Inquisitor must find love with an Eldar

>Who he promptly murders when he escapes

Decimators are viable in a tsons army??

Slaves
Chaos slaves

With human soldiers. Sometimes marines are involved but they're almost always going for an objective planet-side.

What fucking range is this thing from? I want one.

>getting to the guns will take forever in those city-sized behemoths.

Elevators

what would the admech think of the Y2K? just scrapcode?

Break out your greenstuff

I meant as inside the actual ships dude. Like a bunch of Khorne Berzerkers just Kharbydis'd into your Lunar-class Cruiser, wat do?

Have Chaos won the campaign yet?

Elevators don't run through the lenght of the ship. And you didn't answer the other questions.

I assume since they're big they can act as the "big guys" in your army that aren't magnus or transports without being overly costed.

Brace for impact, block off that section of the ship.

Luckily, they sent berzerkers who are not equipped to break bulkheads and are too stupid to hack the door.

Ah shit, found the pictures. Ok fair enough it's a Lord of Change conversion but the head WIP shows an actual ornate owl's head BEFORE the greenstuff. What's it from?

They're kind of squashy and can't do their job as well as regular legion brutes without the free bonuses.

Use them to fill in gaps you have? If you're running lots of rubrics then you're pretty shooty and vulnerable to melee, maybe give it a lascannon and scourge so it can join the gunline but then lurge forward and counter attack any approaching melee troops.

It literally was a nonissue and a mild bug. Anticipated and fixed in so many applications that barely anyone remembers it today. They wouldn't even regard it as anything but a bug.

>Which is?

At the core of the ship, the power source and main engines should be deep inside the structure at the end of the ship and its not impossible to build a 3 dimensional perimeter around those locations as soon as boarders are confirmed and its not like they are using all personnel to build that when they can potentially send the rest of armed serfs to push them away.

Yeah basically.

My current idea is that he was unknowingly in a time loop set by a daemon prince that he had banished as revenge, forever doomed to get torn apart trying to keep an important imperial world (and his trusted companions) from being eaten by a daemonic apocalypse. Each time he would fail horribly in some new way until he accidentally encounters an alpha level null that brings him out of the loop and restores his now thousands of years of torturous memories.

Also to rub it in, leaving the loop essentially erased him from time, causing him to lose all of those precious companions he had thousands of years of memories with, as they'll never have met him.

I don't know, I hope it sounded 2000 AD enough.

Oh fuck, he's clever.

It's literally the left over LoC bits

Shotgun equipped armsmen, tarantula sentry turrets and "Murder Servitors" hidden in secret compartments.

FW's Death in the Void expansions details this a bit.

The bridge and sometimes auxiliary bridge are usually on the top of the ship with giant windows

The thing powering the ship is the plasma generator and probably the most well-guarded portion of the ship.

There is no up or down in space but even if we assume all the gravity generators are facing the same way they could takes trains through the ship and the men at arms on board probably spread out through the ship to consolidate on specific parts when shit goes down.

How do naval battleships defend themselves?

Not the guy you're replying to btw.

Aaaaarrrghhh

Holy shit seriously? yeah ok, I give up.

What have you been working on lately anons, I finished my Chaplain today and plan on running him today with my Vanguard Vets. Let's see what you've finished!

Yep he cut down the neck and such and used those bits to make the bases on which he modelled the rest of the head with greenstuff. The guy is ace, then again I know nothing about painting or modelling

I've been working hard at my job because i have a wife and kid to support, but thats just me.

I'm waiting for work to end, so I can get home and finish painting these Intercessors.
Finally finding a paint scheme that both looks nice and is easy to manage was very motivating.

I empathise with that, long hours have kept me from getting to this guy for a while. Hopefully things turn up soon for you and you get some free time for whatever you'd like to do.

Drill your barrels you fucking degenerate