Horus Heresy 30k General /hhg/

The Horus Heresy General is more dead then Alan Bligh (may he rest in peace).

>Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CoWqZ3OyYHY
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Legion Traits & Primarchs v1.pdf
heresy30k.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/10351-the-8ed-heresy-project-legiones-astartes/#
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sang when

Post your conversions to kickstart the thread!

First for Ferrus?

My WIP Praetor, just ordered some parts to begin converting his honour guard

First for Dark Angles

Where do you get your cristas and Helmet crests? I plan on converting 40 Suzerain for a diorama and ordering all those heads seems kinda boring.

>1488
Oops, this is an old picture. Here's a more recent one. Sorry about the image quality.

I remember him, Can't wait to see him finished.

Mine is from the spacemarine captain with combi grav, I just cut it off and pinned it to one of the legion upgrade heads

FTFY

I think the Ultramarines upgrade pack also comes with a similar crest.

How do people make Marine tank crews? FW only sells a pack of 3 dudes, of which only one is even manning a gun. The legs that come with CSM and SM tanks are only really good for MkV+ suits.

I really want to make some MkII crews with MkII torsos and heads, CSM arms (trim the... trim), but the legs are a problem.

What legion/imperium symbols could I possibly add on that dread ? The shoulders looks a bit bland

And once more a /hhg/ thread just barely drags itself along.

could you participate instead of whining ? Or is it too much to ask of you

We're a niche. Live with it.

Does someone have some experience with z's fellblade and customer serviceif such a thing exist, that is, I'll buy myself one as soon as I get paid and don't want bad surprises

Blame fw, they condemned their own game the moment they decided to focus on the heresy and not the great crusade

Rules or model?

not the same user but rules, just to see the spear get sD when charging

On a totally unrelated note, were legion drivers in 30k techmarines or at least adepts like they are in 40k? I like these GW IW MkII torsos with the cog collar, but I don't run IW, so would it be suitable to give them to tank crews?

Given how Cybernetica describes the length of time it takes to become a techmarine I'd guess most tank crews weren't trained in that manner. Depending on the legion some could well be adepts but others would just be generic astartes.

Game couldn't sustain itself due to haphazard planning. I'm not sure how FW handled this, but I sat down with a core design document to explain what my game did, why it should exist, and what supplements made sense. I'm increasingly worried that such a document for 30k either never existed or was thrown out years ago.

The document exists on 6k ed rules. Thats one problem.

Their main rules guy died. Thats the other problem.

I'm not a fan of recasts that use large plastic parts; the plastic Baneblade lower hull really makes the Fellblade easier to assemble.

It doesn't really help in the Storm Eagle/Fire Raptor's case because the plastic bits only go halfway back the length of the model. But I think it'd be even worse if you had to un-warp those parts along with all the others.

Who wants to play xenos armies that get annihilated after a week of fighting? Everyone would play an Imperial faction and then we'd be back to what we have.

My 20 Chainblade Adsecularis/Fulgurite Priests, now nearly done building. They're a real mishmash of weapons, but they'll all have orange glowy weapons to unify things a bit. I still have three who need heads and one guy who I need to add weapons AND a head. Once they're all done my bitz box will be pretty damn empty of heads and melee weapons, but I quite like them.

My favourite is possibly Taser Boyo who I'm holding, but I didn't have enough goads for more than two of him.
Do I make the last guy another Taser guy or give him more Wolverine claws?
Do I base them with the same factory floor I did my Occularis in since that's for my Heresy guys or in the muddy ground of my 40k Mech, since they'll be used in both?

With the large symbols on its chest and knees I think you'd run the risk of cluttering your model if you did something similar on the shoulders. Maybe paint them black to break up the green and/or do a scale pattern on them.

youtube.com/watch?v=CoWqZ3OyYHY

How exactly does the Legion Inductees rule work? In the book it says:
>The unit of Battle-automata to which the Legion Praevian is attached gains the Legiones Astartes special rule possessed by the Legion Praevian or one of the following special rules: Furious Charge, Tank Hunters or Scout (when the Scout special rule is selected, it also applies to the Legion Praevian). These special rules are selected at no additional points cost. In addition, when utilising units of Battle-automata with the Legiones Astartes special rule, the following exceptions and additions apply:

So, I assume that I can have the whole unit with the Legiones Astartes rule, giving them all the rules that govern regular marines of the same legion, etc. or I can give them Furious Charge, Tank Hunter or Scout. That's pretty clear, right? But what about the last piece? "In addition, when utilising units of Battle-automata with the Legiones Astartes special rule, the following exceptions and additions apply." So if I use LA rule, I get the additional ability/option listed.

Now, what got me confused is that if the unit gets to use the LA rule, then surely they get all the same rules regular models get, right? So, for example, Space Wolves LA rule says:
>"Bestial Savagery: Models with this special rule gain a +1 WS bonus on any turn in which they have
successfully charged. Additionally, they gain the Counter-attack special rule, and if any unit with this
special rule has won combat on any turn in which they have charged or counter-charged, they must make a
Sweeping Advance if they are able to."

(cont.)

So if I give the Praevian's unit Legiones Astartes, they get Counter-Attack, right? Yet, in the Priest of Fenris section it says a Praevian using the LA rule can buy his unit Counter-Attack for 15pts. So which is it, do they get the Legiones Astartes rule for the legion, and thus Counter-Attack, or do I have to buy it to them for 15pts.? What about the Death Guard one? DG rules say that flamers (and hand-flamers, heavy flamers, etc.) taken as part of the Death Guard force can have chem-ammo upgrade. It's not tied to the LA rule (since even vehicles can take it), yet in the Legion Inductees rule it's an additional option for the automata if they take the LA rule. Shouldn't you be able to upgrade, say, Castellax flamers to have chem-ammo regardless of whether or not they use the LA rule?

Am I missing something?

Really liking your dudes, it's amazing what people have done with the Tzeentch cultists.

Thanks, they're very nice models to work with once you finish getting rid of all the extra details.
Do you think I should remove the leg armour as well as the shoulderpads? I know the pauldrons will be coming off the three or four that have them, but the greaves are a slightly fiddlier job. I've already taken them off a few models and rebuilt the leg with some greenstuff, but I can't decide if it looks better or not.

Also, the three-digit claws seem a bit inside out to me with only one claw on the outside, but changing them around now would require me to cut all those cool pipes to rotate the hand, so that's not happening.

You could file down the edges of the greaves or greenstuff some lights on. They need some armour I suppose. I'm not sure about the claws however, depends on your own taste.

Does the LA rule only give you Counter-Attack on the turn in which you charged? (Or well, during your opponent's turn after the turn on which you charged.) It reads as if no, you always get it, but I'm not sure.

I guess it means that you can give them Furious Charge/Tank Hunter/Scout AND buy them Counter-Attack for +15 points. Or you can take LA(SW) as their special rule and get Counter-Attack for free, but then you don't get Furious Charge/Tank Hunter/Scout.

Both. Soon. But I still got a year to go.

>Does the LA rule only give you Counter-Attack on the turn in which you charged?

No. The +1 WS is the one you get when you successfully charge. The counter-attack is its own thing with its own caveat (you must Sweep, if you win during the turn you charges/counter-charged).

>I guess it means that you can give them Furious Charge/Tank Hunter/Scout AND buy them Counter-Attack for +15 points.

You can't. "When utilising units of Battle-automata with the Legiones Astartes special rule, the following exceptions and additions apply:" The Counter-attack for 15pts. can only be taken when you use the Legiones Astartes rule. The same rules that give them counter-attack by default.

>"When utilising units of Battle-automata with the Legiones Astartes special rule, the following exceptions and additions apply:"
It says "Legion Inductees special rule", not "Legiones Astartes special rule".

Oh, right. Uh... maybe the Praevian only gives the "Legiones Astartes" special rule, i.e. the one about always being allowed to attempt regrouping regardless of casualties. Because that makes sense for Fearless creatures.

No, I don't know. It wouldn't be the first time a rule in Inferno didn't make any sense.

>It wouldn't be the first time a rule in Inferno didn't make any sense.

Though to be fair, things like the DG chem-ammo existed long before that.

And it can't just be the regroup rule, because the list of exceptions/additions mentions legions rules specifically ("a Battle-automata unit with the Legiones Astartes (Word Bearers) special rule"). Hell, the SoH Merciless Fighters is weird as well. It talks about infantry models, but the automatas are monstrous creatures, so how do they get to use that rule?

>It talks about infantry models, but the automatas are monstrous creatures, so how do they get to use that rule?
Best guess is they don't count for the infantry model total, but get the attacks if the rule kicks in.

what the other user said, I got Z's stormblade and I went and got a plastic baneblade for all the non essential resin parts. I've had better times assembling CCons glaive.

How good are these recasts? I've never tried them. Or known about them, to be honest.

Depends, I bought some recasts from another guy here and the quality was shit.

scale patterns? lizard pelts? cracked lava patterns? Sallies've got lots of options to provide extra detail.

They might pull a Russ and release him early with shitty "get you by" rules.

Going on a camping trip and need reading material. Are there any Horus Heresy books that have Mechanicum doing cool stuff other than Mechanicum itself and Master of Mankind? Just downloaded the first three since I hear they're all good.

Brexit with titans.

Kek.

I prefer Part and Parcel more.

Faggot you bought a shitty-toxic and cheap recast from the worst recaster around the world and you hope to have fun?

Spend some more money and take your stuff from alpharius,phillpitt,ccon or peterwork or any other that is not Z or one of his reseller

Is it that shitty ?

Would love to see Great Crusade stuff as it personally is one of my favorite points in 40k as a whole. Plus with how ForgeWorld does their books it would give it that "it could very well be real and happen" feel while still giving that over the top vibe that 40k as a whole has

Of course the issue of xenos races being murdered left and right may be off putting for some players but then again, that changes nothing for orks (who were supposed to pretty powerful during this era right?), eldar are eldar, but we could get list similar to the cult/militia list for building your own xenos race which would be cool personally

Vulkan LIVES ;))

Orks, Rangdan, Hrud, various non-Imperial Human factions...

And we'd probably have MK II plastic by now as well.

About the Praevian: Do you get 2 units of automata with him? One that forms a unit with him, another than is an optional HS choice?

Primus Medicae

Yes, but only one of them inherits LA.
He is super groovy.

Do people paint Custodes with relictor gold?

How, in that case?

Basecoat, drybrush of runefang steel followed by complete wash of nuln oil?

you're working with gold, so you'll want to wash with something a little less black.
Agrax Earth Gloss, Seraphim Sepia or Ogryn Flesh washes are more suitable, but each have different tones.

Yes.

Also CCON has a sale on right now.

How do you loadout your terminator squads?

I'm building a squad now, I'm thinking 3 combi plas, plasma blaster, 2 fists and 2 chainfists, and one dude with lightning claws.

The lightning claws are just to strike at initiative against MEQ, just in case. It also looks cool.

All lightning claws, all the time. Heavy Flamers optional.

Great for bullying tac squads, I'd always have a fist or two myself thought.

Combi-bolters, reapers and power weapons, because I'm such a creative and colourful person.

What power weapons do you take?

Foolish fool, with 7 pairs of lightning claws, 2 lightning claw/heavy flamer combos and a single lightning claw on a Sergeant modelled to hold a sword instead of a lame-ass combi-bolter I'll take on 10 Hetaeron AND 10 Aquilon with praesidium shields and solerite power gauntlets, at the same time, with each squad led by Tankibune any day.

Axes. And fists for the reaper dudes, because I like the look.

Cybernetica (novella) is still more about space marines, but it's relevant enough. The audiodrama Binary Succession was neat. There isn't much though.

I like single lightning claws a lot more than double.

Why a single? You trade off the extra attack for a chance to shoot, that's all. I'd rather have the attack.

It leaves them more flexible if you run them as footsloggers.

And how am i supposed to contact him ? I found the catalog but not the mail

If you have his catalog you have his email. It just takes a little figuring out. Google more.

well, I'm usually having fun putting together resin models, but all the guide rods used to hold together the baneblades sides were broken of and I just doubt my abillity to glue them on to the banana shaped resin sides and get them straight.

Do you think Angellus will be delayed?
Also i hope that Alan Bligh wrote most of the fluff before he passed away, and now they only work on rules.

Perhaps it will come out in time for Horus to read it.

Combi-plasma is better than an extra attack.

Let's simply convert HH to 8th edition ourselves, here is my contribution.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Legion Traits & Primarchs v1.pdf

And:

heresy30k.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/10351-the-8ed-heresy-project-legiones-astartes/#

I'm kicking around ideas for the blackshield 8th edition homebrew, the big one is how Strike From a Position of Strength should be incorporated. I was considering it to allow the blackshields player to activate a single unit or character before the other player if they go second.

So I'm looking at running some allied Cybenetica abhuman Militia for my reductor, what do you guys think?

Tooled Reductor lord and castellax move up centre supported by Thanatar,

Planetary commander guards the stationary artillery and confers infraviser and stubborn LD9

Reductor Medusas Move up field bubble wrapped with 20 man blobs of stubborn T4 5+/6++, and Thallax trouble shoot.

How effective do you think it would be?

The 2nd claw is pretty expensive, and imo giving up shooting is a big deal. It’s really hard to set your dudes up to spend more turns in close combat than shooting.

And really, if you’re using them right you’ll win the assault without that extra attack.

Christ, I hope so. I've been waiting a hell of a long time for the sons of Sanguinius to get his touch.

This might be the only Bligh fluff we ever get for Sanguinius.

What do you mean Sangy is scary? He BTFO'd a single titan, but three Ordo Sinister titans turned the thing around.

So a lot of people say that the Emperor summonied Imperial dead as burning ghost-avatars in the end of MoM, but I never made the connection. Maybe he just shaped the flames that way? It makes more sense, given what we already know about the Warp and the general effect it has on non-psyker souls.

BTFO'd a single Eldar Titan that wiped out entire Imperial Titans. Don't fuck with the Red Angel.

What's Angron got to do with this?

What does the Cup of Wulfen look like? For such an important relic for the Wolves, they don't have much in the way of iconography of it, not even on the Fenrisian priests.

It's due Christmas 2018, not sure how easy it is to delay a due date over a year and a quarter off.

What's the daemon that tried to beat up Sangy got to do with this?

Did HHG died because of Inferno or HH staying with 7ed?

They're planning 20 books. Twenty. It's not dead.

They're staying with 7th, though. They don't want to try to convince me to re-purchase $500 worth of leather-bound doorstoppers.

Derp, 'us', not 'me'.

Plans change. Wouldn't be the first time a company has had grandiose plans for the future, only to axe them later.

>They don't want to try to convince me to re-purchase $500 worth of leather-bound doorstoppers.

Yeah, because even now all the rules in those books are totally valid, right? Not that they've been updated and edited since, right?

Inferno was a brief blip that did nothing to save an already declining /HHG/. Then 8e happened. And now even the Scananon dumped us for Flames of War. Frankly we're a shambling zombie of a general that should be left to rot in peace.

Scananon left?
ALL IS LOST!

Chill, man. Go shoot someone who isn't the messenger.

Loyalist bump

It appears in King's Space Wolf, check there.