Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

Ω I, Cato Sicarius, the finest swordsman in all of the Imperium, declare this thread to be The Emperor's Finest Edition.

Ω Thread Theme
youtu.be/7K23I3LghOs

Ω Old Thread
>Death Guard stuff from White Dwarf
imgur.com/a/90wRO

>Konor Campaign, dead even, hours to go. Win for Ultramar!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>GW FAQs (1.1):
games-workshop.com/en-US/Rules-Errata
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in properly converted pdf & epub, fully bookmarked and linked with in-line errata annotations
mega.nz/#F!bF0ExS4D!_XaMECn0K9HiJKUFSopJLA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Thanks Chart-user!)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Hydrα Dominatus

First for the Boyes

my dudes > your dudes

Reminder that both Cadia AND all the Graian Ad Mech broke before the Guard did

Trying to decide between sticking with my Ynnari vs. swapping CSM for my LVO army. Need to make a decision pretty soon to make sure I'm ready with enough practice games.

Oh you cheeky bastard.

Odds on the paint app actually having every model? Or will FREE mean it comes with the primaris and everything else is an in app purchase?

Joke's on you faggot we play the same dudes

The list builder too shall be minimum buy in and fan collaborated!
:^)

Daily Reminder

Things that have gotten plastic kits before Battle Sisters
>Horus Heresy
>Custodes
>Sisters of Silence
>Thousand Sons
>Plague Marines
>Adeptus Mechanicus
>Necromunda
>Genestealer Cults
>Wulfen
>Deathwatch
>Assassins
>Primarchs
>Knights
>Harlequins

>making glorious Primaris the F2P race and all the NPCs premium

I will not stand for this outrage.

OH SHIT!

Every time to shit up the thread with this, GW pushes the release back a year

Hydra Dominatus

Add Titanicus to the list, its going to come out early next year most likely and I dont SoB are getting anything until later next year.

That would imply they had a release planned at all

Codex never CHAPTER APPROVED WHEN?

When are orks going to get some love

>Genestealer Cults
>Knights
>Harlequins

These make me laugh the hardest.

Do we have any rumors on Ad Mech yet?

Really curious if they will be repeats of marines or not.

LOST IN THE WARP
PRESS F FOR RESPECTS

Re-posting from last thread, but how do I Deathwatch? I really like the elite army that isn't loaded with psykers, but how do I even go about even arming basic kill teams? They have so many options

I'm also hearing people say terminators/watch captain in terminator armor are trash. Is this true because I really like terminators

Next year, probably. Just start building grot tanks until the codex hits.

Blood Bowl
A whole new game (Age of Sigmar)
Sigmarines
Even bigger truescale new breed of marines

>IG Codex soon
FINALLY
>inb4 we get nerfed into uselessness like 6th-7th again

If IG don't get a new plastic regiment set with their book, it's time to nuke Nottingham.

You should probably ally in some Inquisitorial Grey Knights for Terminators instead.

I type F for mah nigga

You aren't getting new models - going to be a strategems and relics book.

But all of that is either unrelated to 40K or just more marines... there are always more marines.

Now if 40K Bloodbowl comes out, that would be a kick in the purity seal.

"We need that plastic for Flesh Tearer upgrade sprues." - GW

Oh? Nothing to see friend.

Are rokkits the best use for grot tanks? Big shootas seem like anti infantry orks don't need, grotzookas are heavy, and skorchas are short ranged, with there random movement seems unreliable.

>Grey Knight terminators
Should I make it an army that shares the and keywords or just go full blown separate vanguard detachment or something?

And nothing of value was lost

Rokkits are the best thing in the ork codex

Always take more

the new necromunda shit looks super cyberpunk and not 40k at all, or rather it looks like 40k looked 20/30 years ago

whats happening

Sisters dont even fit in the aesthetic of the imperium anymore

GW has clearly shown they are moving away with the ornate, gothic style with the primaris

Adeptus Astartes is a pointless keyword, the keywords that are important are Imperium and Deathwatch/Grey Knights.

Not him but try to make a separate Vanguard detachment so you can benefit from the +1 to psychic and deny. Also Paladins >>>>> Terminators so try to grab them if you can

Well, for one thing, Goliath is getting ugly as shit models. Again.

[Literally any other gang] When?

>not 40k at all

Looks 40k to me.

Just make sleeker modern SoB. Sci-fi female gun troops with heavy armor and capes in the silhouette of SoB would look great.

Deathwatch can take Primaris now, so you can use them to help cover weaknesses.

Is this conversion to small to count as a grot Tank? Or is it pretty close?

Seriously, Chainax and his revolver shotgun buddy to his right are the only two I'd call acceptable.

If I wanted generic space dudes I'd play infinity

Nah, Primaris have ornamentation, and largely we have them in only their most basic form so far.

why you gotta kill my dreams like that user

It's a tank, it has grots, I see no problem.

That's exclusively only sold in one store on the entire earth with no online sales.

It's pretty close. It's a bit smaller than a regular one.

New Ork minis!
Granted, it's for Shadespire. But it's something damn it.

I think it looks great.

The guy with the potato masher and the guy with the unreal tournament gun look so damn happy to be there.

The fact that the forge world ones only come with one of each weapon irritates me, so I was looking for alternatives.

Excuse me, but those are Orruks™, not orcs or orks and are entirely unique and special.

>Black Orcs with Brute heads

really boring desu

there are people surprised that GW put out things before plastic sisters? i feel for the 5 sisters player out there i do, but it's a pipe dream at this point or happening when GW is desperate for sales

>chainaxe
it's actually a skull mohawk chainaxe

Autopistol on the left looks like absolute shit. But otherwise my problem is mostly just with the paintjob. Lack of juves is also a pain in the butt, even if I understand their omission.

Anyone else already bored with 8th?

Still, they'd make decent Nobs with some easy coversions.

looks like very uninspired conversion using the kits we already got..

I didn't understand why Starmie and Cofagrigus were together until I realized it was probably an edit of Spongebob and Patrick.

You mean like how all those Genestealer Cult players out there warrented a plastic release? Or mechanicus

A plastic sisters release would create a playerbase

>this is what sisterfags actually believe

you know that, i know that, and every damn person knows that but GW themselves

It is crazy that I have a mostly painted Genestealer Cult force, as that was something I wanted since 2nd ed. Part of me feels lucky to have that, but I still want Sisters as well. Wouldn't be so bad if deals were easier to find on them, but I guess I'll just keep looking.

Who is the most annoying faction and why is it SoB players who won't stop SoBbing

Since deathwatch can't use their special ammo in stormbolters, they get no chapter tactics, and they cost more

Yes, it's true. Same goes for vanguard vets. Bikers are good, since they get the special ammo.

Their only good stuff is the Blackstar and mixed model troops. If you take all the options it makes a pretty neat deathstar unit.

But you can't run just deathwatch and hope to win, they cost too much to make a well balanced list on their own.

Convert yourself some Plastic Sisters by giving Eschers bolters!

These look better than the Goliaths,
but WTF is in the flamer chick's off hand,
and that whip is complete trash.

If only there was a really simple way to fix that.

>Ignore Adeptus Astartes
Isn't that only really used for taking forgeworld vehicles really? No ability that i know of targets that keyword
May take a Grand Master for a good terminator HQ, a Squad of Paladins, not sure what else. Because i'm doing Your Dudes stuff, I may end up only taking Gate of Infinity on Grey Knights units and say it's some sort of teleportation device because I don't want psykers everywhere, does that seem overly autistic?
>tfw when chad marines just don't do it for me
I think they're cool and I really like intercessors, but because they are super limited and can't take normal vehicles, they're a turn off for me now, plus what i'm probably gonna need is anti tank firepower, something they lack

Still wondering how to equip basic kill team squads though, what's good on them? Do I aim to put them in drop pods or Blackstars?

I'd assume more people are more annoyed with Chaos players. They seem to bitch and moan WHEN they get stuff. Even when their codex came out it was whining all day long. I know it's not all of them, but we have a few really annoying ones.

Oh, wait, you were probably making a joke, not asking for facts. Nevermind.

Am I correct in assuming that in order for me to get legion tactics, then I can't have it just be a detachment? And what about summoning them?
I wanted to use 20 flesh hounds as an entourage for my juggerlord.

Got the tail end of last thread, repost:

What does a good 1000 points of tau look like, lads? Playing them for the first time tonight and trying to throw something together. Right now I'm sitting on a commander, strike team and 3 crisis suits as a starter and considering what to stick in the second half. Stealth suits to homing beacon Farsight DIRECRY INTO GRORIOUS MEREE or more gunline?

One user suggests SUITS AND DRONES and DRONES IN SUITS. Sounds like an quick & easy memelist.

Retarded, nonsensical physics on objects is the number 1 characteristic of modern GW sculpts.

>Chaosfag detected
It's (you)

>Am I correct in assuming that in order for me to get legion tactics, then I can't have it just be a detachment?

Yes, you can summon demons and still get your legion stuff because summoned stuff is not part of the detachment.

Escher heads are going to appear on all sorts of shit in the near future.

Get ready for punk rock female primaris marines!

Squat them entirely.

Oh, did you mean give them plastics, because look how good that shutup all the obnoxious AdMech and Tyranidfags.

what's the closest thing to a neutral faction in 40k? I want any army that has as much as a reason to be fighting chaos as it does the imperium because muh roleplay and to avoid rowboat vs rowboat situations

>Custom vehicles
Cool
>Landraiders
Of course it'd be SMs getting to do that. I don't expect Pimp my Pyrovore, but Orks should get that shtick of kustomization

>muh dewds autist
>plays special snowflake chapters
Christ

DEldar, Orks

>all the obnoxious AdMech and Tyranidfags.
Yeah. All of those guys. I mean, they must strategically post when I'm not around, and that's why I don't see them. But I'll trust you, user.

Orks

>bitching intensifies

Thanks

>Armored Core
Sorry for the derail but i fucking love those games.

>ftw it was to complicated for my friends to want to play but they would fap to how complicated dark souls was
They were pretty shocked when they found out it was the same developers

>too much of a newfag to remember Tyranidfag whining all 7E long
>selectively forgets all the techpriest meme image and binary shitposting and even the recent 108 kastelan shots shitposting

Plasma Chosen or Rubrics for my last unit in an Alpha Legion 1750pt list? It'll probably be my Forward Operatives target, not running a zerkerblob since this event is for casualbabies and I don't want to shatter everyone's anus on deployment.

Looks decent. Kataphrons might be a good base for Grot Tank conversions. Or individual Taurox treads.

Orks, Nids,

Tau, necrons, and to an extent elder all
have there own agendas.

>shitty SoBfag selectively applying logic

WHO WOULDA THUNKIT

Something like that.
HQ, troops, drones and suits. Stealth Suits for homing in Farsight is kinda a big waste. Troops and drones might be better

Nigger on the left might looks like a potential Ogryn. How big are these?

Power Maul Chosen

We've gone so far...