Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Mammoth Lords Edition
Tell me of your adventures in this savage land, /pfg/.

/pfg/ Link Repository: pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/prestige/realms/skyguard.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I am now a cat

What do I do now.

My newest character is Damon Noptereche, a whip wielding magus who hunts vampires and lycanthropes and studied the arcane in order to know his greatest enemy, evil wizards everywhere.

Lick your own balls. Stare out the window, or at empty corners, for hours on end. Sleep a whole lot. Push things off of tables, especially if they're fragile.

Yo I wanna fuck that savage.

Why settle for a whip, when you can use an URUMI?
Though I guess there is a certain appeal to going full Belmont

Sneak around places that you couldn't otherwise go because who's going to suspect a cat?

Hello /pfg/.

I'm pretty new to pathfinder and I'm hoping you can help with a newb question. I'm playing a sorcerer with the arcane bloodline and I was wondering how my familiar's skill ranks work. the wording in the rule is kind of confusing.

>For each skill in which either the master or the familiar has ranks, use either the normal skill ranks for an animal of that type or the master’s skill ranks, whichever is better. In either case, the familiar uses its own ability modifiers. Regardless of a familiar’s total skill modifiers, some skills may remain beyond the familiar’s ability to use. Familiars treat Acrobatics, Climb, Fly, Perception, Stealth, and Swim as class skills.

My character has 50 skill ranks (10th level). Does this mean the familiar has 50 skill ranks now or do I just copy the ranks in each skill rank my character has them in for the familiar? For example, I have 10 ranks in spellcraft. Does the familiar get the 10 ranks in spellcraft too, or do I just assign the 50 ranks how I want with it like a separate character or does it use different numbers.

Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm just confused how to assign the familiar's skills.

Whip mastery feats basically

The Familiar used the skill ranks as they are already assigned to their appropriate skills, so it would use your 10 in Spellcraft and whatever else you have.

That's because they aren't Ranks if they aren't already spent in something. At each level you get skill points, which you SPEND to gain ranks in your chosen skills.

Basically, you Familiar has a set list of skill ranks based on its base stats, and for other skills, or skills which you are better at, it uses the ranks that you have in said skill, if you have them that is and if they are more than the Familiar has

So, planning on running Ruins of Azlant with my group, likely starting when the second book comes out. Currently I know there will be a forgemaster cleric and a hydrokineticist... Thoughts on suggestions for the other two (I have an idea of what they will likely choose but want to see what you guys think), and who wants to place bets on how well this will all work out for them?

Belmonts use a whip that turns into a spiked chain when used by someone of appropriate nature. It's holy and bane weapon (lycanthropes primarily).

>hydrokineticist
Tell them to use an elemental pact avowed.

Friendly reminder that not EVERY table uses all the third-party /pfg/ prefers.

Friendly reminder that some people make demonstrably worse choices than others, and that is not okay.

Friendly reminder that avowed are incredibly niche outside of this thread and don't have the reach to justify use everywhere.

What third party does /pfg/ prefer

Friendly reminder that kineticists are bad and only fags like them.

Generally? Path of War + Spheres of Power + most stuff written by N. Jolly seems to have been the norm for quite a while.

Personally I'm so scrambled from jumping around to different houserules and shit I don't know what I even prefer anymore. I have character ideas and builds that range from "1pp-only, all RAW" to "1pp with Jolly content and one or two cherry-picked feats/traits from this other thing the GM okayed" to "RotJR or JttW-level chargen nonsense"

Friendly reminder that Kineticists can play decent support with the right combination of both in- and out-of-combat utility.

Friendly reminder: No.

Show me another class that can just lift 5000 lbs of material from one place to another with comparatively little resource expension?

You know after you were born your mother strongly reconsidered not having that abortion.

Friendly reminder that no one is friends here.

I'm not your buddy, guy!

Friendly Reminder that "Friendly Reminders" are never actually friendly, you goddamn pack of clucking hens

What's the grey-skinned race that's sorta shadowy looking (not dark elves)?
Trying to find a specific piece of art.

Fetchlings?

Fetchling

Thanks for clearing that up.

Nerazim Protoss.

Last question.
What book is this art from?

Bestiary 1.

Many thanks

Can humans have darkvision? What's the explanation?

It's not from Bestiary 1

Wasn't there a meme that a cat is stronger than 1st lv PCs?

Go kill some future heroes

Usually non-human heritage.

Dimdweller.

>Mammoth Lords Edition

That's clearly a giant pig OP.

Advanced Race Guide, I think.

So at level 7 my defenses are looking somewhere around the following:
>AC: 36
>Fort: +10
>Reflex: +6
>Will: +10

I can give an additional +4 twice a day and a additional +5 three times per day, and can do both at once for +9.

I also have an additional +2 against mind affecting.

I also hace a mount with bodyguard, in harm's way, and combat patrol

I fucking hate coming up with names. I spend like half an hour on one and I'm still never happy with the result.

I'd suggest Gary Gygax's Book of Names. You can also check Behind the Name webpage. Then again, if you are as autistic perfectionist as me, this can double the time you spent coming up with names.

Just do what I do and crib them from things I know my friends haven't seen

What can you tell me about The Shadows?

No?

>I also hace a mount with bodyguard, in harm's way, and combat patrol
Meant have a mount.

What I forgot to actually ask is if these defenses seem to cover enough?

How valuable would mercenaries that have inborn Dark Vision be for a kingdom? Would they replace conventional drafted forces and knights or complement them?

>Would they replace conventional drafted forces and knights
Unless the mounts have darkvision too, unlikely.

Things with lowlight vision and darkvision make excellent scouts and skirmishers. Nothing like sneaking archers into position under cover of darkness and feathering your enemy camp. That said *most* kingdoms show restraint in how they attack unless fighting monstrous humanoids, because if they don't follow some sort of protocols they cannot expect reasonable treatment, mercy or even things like ransom.

Though whenever a powerful necromancer pops up, gnoll mercenaries shoot up in value. They're quite good at killing corpses, and they have no qualms about eating them (or the living foes they face) as they aren't sickened by dead flesh or diseased meat. it cuts down the need for a supply train, and it tends to prevent living foes they face from being used as workable corpses.

Thanks, I'll check those out. I can deal with spending some extra time on names if it actually gets me results that seem to fit, rather than being pulled out of my ass.

I've fallen back on that in a pinch (usually with minor changes in case somebody's google-happy with things), but it makes me feel unsatisfied and dirty.

So lets say I wanted to wear boots of spider climbing to improve my Fool's errand stuff. Do I need to spend an action to activate it to gain the bonus?

It's not an action but you still have to choose to turn them on.

Thats 10 fights a day so I guess its pretty cost effective.

Rule question (more a grammar one, I suppose) about the Dawnflower Anchorite prestige class form Path of the Righteous.
Her Solar invocation feature says: "[...]she can invoke the sun for a number of rounds per day equal to twice his Dawnflower anchorite class level + her Charisma modifier." Does it mean 2 x (LV + Cha mod) or (2 x LV) + Cha mod?

The second one. If it were the first one it would have used parintheses around the level+charisma bit, or at least said "twice the sum of". Since neither were specified, it's almost certainly the second one.

Complement, as they'd be considered special forces and certainly be worth at least twice or thrice as much as normal soldiers of the same capability without darkvision. Darkvision is for scouting and for specific ambush missions, you simply cannot afford an entire army of things with darkvision unless you're Drow, Elven, The LAAAAND OF WIZARRRRDS (in which case you win already), or an Undead Lord.

Thank you.

Is there any nation in the Inner Sea Region that particularly Classical Greek-esque?

Ya know, Hoplites, City-States, Lots of philsophers, enjoys a lot of wine, olives and oracles. That kinda thing.

I'm having trouble finding a coherent build guide for a Zen Archer Monk, does anyone have a link to one? I like to reference them when I build characters.

What do you mean "coherent"?
Anyway, look for the "Zen and the Art of Monk Maintenance: A Guide to the Zen Archer".

Not in the Inner Sea, but Aelyosos from Distant Shores has that.

Sweet! Not massively far away from the Inner Sea and jus what I was looking for.

What about Dwarves?

A local lord could award them land that no human or elf would use.

>awarding Dawi land they didn't ask for
That's probably a grudgin' for one reason or another.
Dorfs might work if they're like, a floating tribe or something without a mountain to call their own I guess. I'll be honest, I keep forgetting Dwarves exist

Has there ever even been a dwarf meme app? I can't recall Ensoulment or any other meme games having one, I just remember halflings.

Does the bludgeoner feat work with blunt arrows? If not, what are my options if I wanted to efficiently subdue people with bows?

DHB's first app for RotJR.

There are also the Caligni.

Those dwarves might want to expand their empire.

It's easier to go above ground, travel, and dig back down than it is to fight your way through hostile territory. A wise empire could surround their enemies this way.

The Byzantine Gold Dwarves will use this plan in my Forgotten Realms game. People would rather deal with them than drow or illithids.

Nothing says it doesn't, so yes you can bludgeon people from a distance for some reason.

Friendly reminder that you are gayer than a bag of dicks

What do you guys think about assault on black ship? Some that its bad because its low profile but the way I see it, less shilling and celeb apps are actually a good thing. If it ever actuallu launches I think it might hold the record for the least shit flinging app process in recent memory.

Not if you keep bringing it up. No one wants to discuss it, like the last few times it's been brought up, just drop it.

Dwarven mercenaries are a tough thing to do right IMO. The stubby little bastards probably make amazing sapper or engineer companies, and they also probably do exceptionally well as heavy infantry, but their problems in warfare are largely to do with cavalry. Namely in that they tend not to make huge use of it due to a lack of arable land, and their infantry companies while amazingly durable... are slow.

Dwarves are the kings of forced marches, but they're not exactly nimble when it comes to getting around the battlefield. They'd probably be the type to specialize in defensive warfare as well as being "Siege-breakers".

I kind of see dwarven cavalry companies as being pretty rare. On the other hand though, dwarven navies tend to be quite good, stubby little bastards like to build great big rams onto their ship prows and happily row them into whatever they're fighting. It isn't *entirely* uncommon to hear of a dwarven warship completely bisecting an opposing ship at least once a century.

You employ dwarves to build your fortresses, or to hold them, If you're lucky you have a dwarven heavy infantry company to hold your center line. You employ dwarves to drop the walls of an enemy citadel, but you seldom build your entire army around having them.

RAW, it worked, since blunt arrows are bludgeoning weapon. You could take Ranged Trip feat if you want to hinder your enemy without killing him.

A bag of dicks isn't gay unless you start salivating over the thought of it.

of the ones I found they didn't have everything broken down in a way that was easy for me to read... Except the one you suggested! Thanks!

That means underground races have to think outside the box when designing calvary.

>realmshelps.net/charbuild/classes/prestige/realms/skyguard.shtml

If you thought about bags of dicks as much as I do you'd know just how gay it really is.

Exotic and expensive. While they make excellent special forces, they are *special forces*. They're nothing like the great fucking big cavalry hammer of ye-olde militaries where as much as 1/3rd of your army could be cavalry. (and yes I totally get that it was less about doctrine and more about what you had available, but still).

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea, but shit's gunna be rare.

That is a pretty awesome idea for a flying dragoon/light-cav group though.

There are plenty of specialty arrows that can subdue or capture enemies.

Who's that?

Tangleshot, grappling and trip only debuff them. Lets assume were dealing with guys that wont stop resisting till theyre at 0 hp.

>That AC
How
>Those saves
Paladin I assume? Mine has at 6th level 12/8/11

Black Ship.

I asked this a few weeks ago and got no reply
So I have an itelligent item that can only speak to me in a language only I know (black blade), she also has Abyssal as extra language
Nor I neither the group has Abyssal
We encounter a creature that speaks Abyssal
Can the sword translate to me and then tell me exactly what to say phonetically so I can keep a conversation with said creature?

A player has asked me to allow this splat since he wants to make a sorcerer kiddo, but I don't have a PDF or can find a download. Anyone knows whether it's shit or passable?

Please tell me you're kidding

I am in for a ride, am I not?

Please tell me you aren't playing with Augunas

Fox daiper fur

So who's got the pictures of that? Or that weird beam that makes children into naked adults.

I've skimmed it before. Its rules for childhood age categories and modifiers are substantially better than the RAW ones. It's decent if you can ignore the fetishism.

That is much easier said than done.

"No, play something the age of the majority. I dont care if it's a teen but I'm not using a splat just so you can play a child".

Literally who?

WHAT.

See It's like the binder book, and most things touched by Augunas: a lot of actual mechanics tend to be good*, but anything remotely resembling fluff is trash and often furshit to boot. When a mechanic cannot be separated from fluff is when it's most obvious.
*He can also fuck up mechanics spectacularly, a-la nuLore Warden, but that was only recently.

Yeah, that's basically the books problem. The mechanics are good. Everything surrounding them...

If you want to explore this yourself, it's in the first trove. It's a mixed bag - decent mechanics, fetishism everywhere. But let me play devil's advocate for your player here; if you want a child PC in Pathfinder, there are basically two rule sets for it. The official RAW one, which is basically "fuck off, play an NPC until you grow up," or... this. The mechanics in CA actually make a child PC possible, which makes me want to like the book. But they come packaged with so much garbage that it's uncomfortable looking at parts of it.

If you think you can trust your player, it's worth considering. If you think you might be able to trust your player, grill them about their intentions, because maybe they're just stuck with the unfortunate fact that the best child PC rules right now are in the same book as abundant babyfur trash.

If you don't think you can trust them, though, just deny it.